Mythical Short Stories - 방탄손연...

By OutOfTheBook

These will be short mythical stories about the members of BTS. This involves ships. I take requests. WARNING:... More

{<>} Welcome {<>}
{> Seokjin <}
{> Yoongi <}
{> Hoseok <}
{> Namjoon <}
{> Jimin <}
{> Taehyung <}
{> Jungkook <}
{<>} REMAKE [<>]
[> Seokjin <]
[> Yoongi <]
[> Hoseok <]
[> Namjoon <]
[> Jimin <]
[> Taehyung <]
[> Jungkook <]
[<>] REMAKE |<>|
|> Seokjin <|
|> Yoongi <|
|> Hoseok <|
|> Jimin <|
|> Taehyung <|
|> Jungkook <|
|> REMAKE <》
《> Seokjin <》
《> Yoongi <》
《> Hoseok <》
《> Namjoon <》
《> Jimin <》
《> Taehyung <》
《> Jungkook <》
《> REMAKE <•
•> Seokjin <•
•> Yoongi <•
•> Hoseok <•
•> Namjoon <•
•> Jimin <•
•> Taehyung <•
•> Jungkook <•
•> REMAKE <●
●> Seokjin <●
●> Yoongi <●
●> Hoseok <●
●> Namjoon <●
●> Jimin <●
●> Taehyung <●
●>Jungkook<●
●>REMAKE<▪︎
Updates
▪︎> Seokjin <▪︎

|> Namjoon <|

443 9 27
By OutOfTheBook

|=|Territory|=|NamJin|=|
|=|Dragon|=|

°•●•°

In the deep night, there are purple eyes glowing. Surrounded by navy and black, the being lets out a deep growl.

This creature is huge, dangerous, and incredibly territorial. It has long layered horns, sharp teeth, scales all over its body. A long tail with a spiked end, sharp claws, and big bat-like wings.

This dragon has been terrorizing the humans all nights. After all, he needed to show those humans who is the owner of this land.

Their little kingdom will fall to his fire.

Although there are things the humans don't know. The reasons why the dragon has been attacking them.

He's protecting the younger dragons. The babies he found unprotected, without their mother... At least not alive.

This dragon will do whatever it takes to bring these cubs the best. Dragons are no pack animals, but this dragon will do anything. Anything to give these cubs the best.

Starting by destroying the kingdom that is build on the land on water.

The dragons turns his head for a moment, looking at the three young dragon cubs against his side in their nest.

With dark glowing eyes, he looks back at the kingdom. He carefully gets up, nudging the cubs together.

He slowly walks over to the edge, his ears catching on to soft whines.

"H-hyung...?"

He turns his head again. "Go back to sleep. Everything is alright."

"Where are you going?" The cub asks quietly.

"Back there." The dragon answers. "One of these days this will be yours."

The cub hops over to stand next to him, smiling confidently. "When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!"

The dragon chuckles. "Just be yourself. Now go back to the nest. Take care of your brothers while I'm gone."

The cub nods and quickly hops back, yawning cutely before circling his spot and laying down.

With a smile, the dragon watching him fall asleep before he dives off the cliff, going back to terrorizing the kingdom.

°•●•°

Seokjin jumps awake at the loud roar that echoes through the kingdom. He should be used to it by now, but it seems to be more and more impatient with every night.

He gets up and opens the door to his balcony, staring up at the purple-black dragon that roars and circles their kingdom.

The beast is massive, continuously bursting flames all over their kingdom. Many have tried to catch the dragon, but none ever succeeded.

Seokjin has decided tonight is enough.

He sighs deeply and grabs his coat, going to the basement to hide. He built this room especially for this. He's done with this dragon.

Completely done.

He's going to follow that dragon this morning and watch where he's going. He'll kill the beast.

°•●•°

Another morning arrives with no luck. The dragon releases a final growl before turning back to the cliff.

Seokjin watches him with a scowl. His brother sleeping after a long time of working.

"That stupid dragon..." The younger mumbles. "Keeps me awake..."

"It wants us gone." Seokjin sneers. "But I won't move just because of that beast."

"Why do you bring more trouble upon us?" His brother grumbles.

Seokjin "I'm not. I'm bringing us peace."

"You might make the dragon angrier."

"Than so be it. It won't live." He snarls, grabbing his stuff.

"Hyung, don't."

"I will put an end to this, Taehyung." Seokjin snaps at him. "This dragon won't come on my land anymore!"

Before his younger brother can say another thing, Seokjin is already out the door.

He knows where the dragon went. All he needs to do is find the way there.

He huffs as he grabs the saddle for his horse, reading his stallion. He jumps on his back, immediately speeding into gallop and exits the gate to the kingdom.

He follows the path until he separates up the hills. This dragon will meet his end.

Although his luck is running out as the night approaches. He's in the middle of the forest, no light by his side.

The cold is starting to form, a windy night stands ahead. Seokjin shivers, the cold surrounding him.

But he won't give up. The dragon will fly away again, he will only have a clear path to where he is.

He hears rustling in the leaves, and eventually, small growls and tiny dragon roars.

Smirking, Seokjin heads that way. The dragon must have children. It can't be different.

Perhaps it's a female dragon? That would earn him even more recognition.

He gets off his horse halfway there, going up by foot. The sounds are coming closer.

He pushes past a few branches, looking at the collected bunch of stick and leaves.

To his own surprise, all three little dragon heads turned to him immediately.

For a moment Seokjin is shocked, mesmerized by the glow in their eyes. Each one has a mixed color.

But as quick as he snaps out of it, the dragons begin to shriek and roar, panicking.

Seokjin snaps out of his daze and runs up to them, silencing each of them. Or at least trying to.

A gush of wind brings Seokjin to fall back, a large claw pressuring his chest.

Seokjin looks up in anger at the massive beast towering over him. The dragon's head leans closer, sniffing him before huffing and baring its teeth.

"Leave my territory." It growls deeply.

Seokjin's eyes widen. The dragon talked... It just talked. And it was a deep threatening voice. A growl. This is a male dragon.

With three cubs...

"Kinda hard to do so when you hold me down." Seokjin snaps back.

The dragon growls deeply at him, sending shivers down Seokjin's spine.

"Take your buildings and leave. I do not want you on my territory." The dragon roars angrily.

Seokjin's brows furrow. "Your territory?! The moment we stepped foot it became ours! We rule that part! I will never give it up."

The dragon growls, looking at the cubs. One of them whimpers sadly. The other growl and roars at Seokjin, the last growls something towards the dragon.

With a deep exhale, the dragon looks at Seokjin. He smirks. "Your choice, human. If you won't leave, than allow me to share."

With that, he presses his claws into Seokjin's chest.

The human gasps and screams out in pain, feeling blood soak his shirt. These claws are sharp, digging deep into his body.

It hurts. Seokjin's body jolts, tears falling from his eyes at the ruthless pain.

The dragon slowly pulls his claws away.

"One more won't be a problem." He mutters to the little cubs. "Don't pay any attention to him. No matter how horrible he may be."

The cubs let out little noises of approval and squeak the dragon bye as he spreads his wings and dives back into the kingdom. The human can save itself.

°•●•°

The cubs squeak, talking to each other like little kids who need to go to bed but can't sleep.

But all that is suddenly over when they hear the human on the ground whining, whimpering, and a loud crack of the bone ripping through their ears.

It's horrifically loud, the little cubs moving to the complete other side of the nest.

They watch with terrifying eyes as the human's spine stretches, his nails growing into sharp claws, mouth and nose morphing into a snout.

The skin on his back bulges, a skeleton ripping the skin open. A strange glow is coming from his body, a deep growl escaping his lips.

Scales start to collect all over his skin, ripping his clothes in the growth of his body.

Seokjin feels his insides burn. The pain becoming unbearable. In the middle of the night, he failed to kill the dragon and failed his promise. He failed his brother.

He should have listened to him.

°•●•°

The dragon returns again in the morning, noticing the three cubs shaking against each other in their sleep.

On the grass, still with closed eyes, lays Seokjin. Only it's not him. His human body is gone.

Instead, the dragon looks down upon a softly purring middle-aged dragon. Covered in black and silver with hints of pink and gold.

Big wings curl around his body, a light cloud of smoke erupting from his nose with every exhale. His tail has a plump end, a pink color giving it a much friendlier look.

His horns are sharp, layered and edges like those of a ram, curling back in a vertical S.

The dragon takes a minute to calm the shaking cubs, showing them his love before hitting the dragon with his tail, shocking the other dragon awake.

Immediately the dragon snorts at his shocked awakening, gently crawling into the nest.

Seokjin looks around rapidly before realizing his odd position and looks down.

It takes a moment to sink in before he screams. Loudly.

The dragon silences him with a growl, nudging to the cubs.

"Let them sleep."

Seokjin gets up, stumbling on his legs and looking at him with wide eyes. "W-what did you do to me?!"

"I think it's obvious to see." The dragon huffs. "You took your kingdom too seriously. With that attitude, you might as well be part of the race."

Seokjin's chest heaves, panting heavily as he looks everywhere. His wings, his claws, his scales, his tail.

No, no, no!

"Turn me back! I have to go home! My brother--!"

"This was your fault." The dragon snarls at him. "You should have thought before you threatened me to leave my territory. Your brother's loss is your own fault."

Seokjin feels anger filling his lungs. "He is my brother! My family! Just like you cubs of yours!"

"These are not my cubs."

Immediately Seokjin's eyes widen. "Did you... steal them?"

The dragon shakes his head. "I found them without a parent. I took them in." He turns to the human kingdom. "The ground you are on was meant to be for them. But I leave for a week to collect food for them during the winter and you humans choose the field for the cubs to take."

Seokjin looks down. "Why did you have to make me this...? Why?"

"Because your territorial behaviour about your territory annoyed me. Dragons are territorial too. You built on my property."

Seokjin's eyes narrow, baring his sharp teeth. "Your territory?! That was mine! The humans owned that!"

"And now that you are no longer human you don't have a say in that anymore." The dragon says with a smirk. "After all, these cubs need a home."

Seokjin looks at the cubs, his sharp gaze softening a little at their small, vulnerable exterior.

"I admit that maybe I went too far with my actions, but that never gave you any excuse to turn me into a dragon."

"My anger is a promise. Not a choice." The dragon huffs. "Think over that once you go back there and try to convince everyone you're still the same human. They will never believe you. Trust me on that."

Seokjin sighs softly. He's right. With the way he is now, no one will believe him.

"I... I can't apologize for what we did, but it's not our fault that we never knew this was your territory..."

The dragon nods. "I know. But after years of me trying to get rid of you it should have sunken through."

"We thought you wanted us dead, not gone." Seokjin argues, slowly laying back down, tail flicking in annoyance.

The dragon growls deeply. "You humans value your lives. I value mine as well. But I value those of my cubs."

"I thought they weren't yours?"

"They feel like mine. Since three years ago."

Seokjin cocks his head at the dragon. "Who are you?" He asks softly, tired of bickering back and forth.

The dragon looks at him with cold eyes before averting his gaze to his cubs. "Namjoon."

Seokjin looks up at him as he slowly gets back up. Namjoon looks at the human kingdom, huffing angrily.

"Get up. No time for rest."

"What?"

Seokjin quickly jumps up on his paws, avoiding the tail swinging at him.

Namjoon grins at him. "You think you're going to stay here? In my nest? You have zero survivability like this. I'm teaching you how to survive and not burn your insides."

"W-wait what?!" Seokjin's eyes widen. "Burn my insides?!"

Namjoon smirks, spreading his wings before launching himself into the air. "Follow if you can keep up." He growls, having no mercy for the panicking dragon as he already flies away.

Seokjin, looking around in absolute panic, spreads his wings before sloppily managing to get up in the air.

His movement is shaky and clearly new, not getting an inch closer as Namjoon's form only becomes smaller.

Seokjin cries out at the strain in his wings before forcing a different angle, screaming out in pain when the wind counters him.

Namjoon looks back, sighing with disappointment and turns around to help him.

Once reaching, he tells Seokjin to look up at him. The dragon does so, with tears in his eyes.

"I know it hurts." Namjoon growls. "But we are a proud race. Continue to push. It hurts, but eventually you'll feel it. Trust me on this..."

With that, he turns back around amd gives his student a light push, continuing to fly over and in front of him.

"Use your body." He yells at him.

Seokjin hesitates. It hurts... So much it feels as if he's breaking apart. But Namjoon is right.

There is no way back. Some things must hurt before they reward you.

This is one of those things.

Clenching his jaw at the pain, his forcing his wings to collide with the force of air, almost losing balance when he jolts forward a little.

In the distance, he sees Namjoon smile.

With that in mind, he pushes again, flapping his wings and angling them. He feels the wind pressing harder the higher and closer he gets to Namjoon, but he bites his tongue.

Those who want to accomplish, must suffer.

Panting and chest heaving in panic, Seokjin feels yet determined as he calmly angles his wings to change his position, hovering in the air without moving up or forward, like Namjoon showed him minutes before.

He's shaking, scales glinstering from fallen tears.

"You did well." Namjoon says softly. "I know it hurts. I've been through this as well. The more you fly, the better it becomes."

"I hope so..." Seokjin whimpers. "It's difficult to fly, it's painful to move my wings... I have limbs I never had and it's making me so uneasy--"

"I know." Namjoon says again. "I've been through the same. I've made the same mistake. I fell down and I got back up. We are dragons. Humans before. But there is no going back to that life."

His words are a thorn in Seokjin's back. His human life is only a shell. He crawled out of it the moment he stepped foot on Namjoon's property.

"I was human too." Namjoon mutters. "I made the same mistake you did. I stepped on something that wasn't mine and altered the future of my own fate. I regret my choices then, but I don't regret it now. I know creatures a human can never know, I know a life humans will never understand, I know a life new to my own eyes. I'm no longer who I used to be. And I'm glad for this change."

Namjoon notices Seokjin's sad stare at the ground and he sighs, taking a soft moment to gently rub their noses together.

"I'm a better being... It may be terrible now, but stay with me until you're ready for the truth. For the freedom we have."

Seokjin visibly gulps a nervous ball of sadness down his throat and looks away. "I know... I can feel it... But I left my family there. I had a life I left it behind without knowing so. I promised my brother this madness would end. Instead... I've met madness itself."

Namjoon looks at the kingdom, sun blazing onto their houses.

"At night... You can try to go to them. I can't promise you'll be safe from them with this body, but I can promise you a distraction. I never got to say goodbye to my family. Not to my sister... nor my mother. I regret that. I don't want you living years like how I regret mine."

Seokjin looks up at him with tears. "My back hurts..."

Namjoon nods softly. "We'll take a rest. Promise me you'll keep trying to fly, even if I'm asleep."

Seokjin nods. "I'll try..."

Namjoon places his nose under Seokjin's, purring lightly, trying to bring comfort.

But the dragon shivers at the contact, wings almost giving out.

Namjoon quickly retreats and takes the lead to fly back, keeping an eye on Seokjin with a slow and steady pace.

As soon as they land back at the nest, Seokjin collapses on the grass with a pained cry.

He's too tired to pull them back and fold against his back, instead, he lays flat on his stomach, wings draping off his side.

"How long will this keep hurting?" He whimpers.

Namjoon gently nudges to cubs a little to the side. "For me it was only a few days of practice. Now lay down. You need rest and warmth. I know I forced a lot on you this first hour, but flying is one of the most important things to know. I couldn't leave you unsupervised without tiring you out."

Seokjin groans as he gets back up, stumbling over to the nest and curling himself in like how he recognizes a dog would.

He breathes out a soft breath of comfort when Namjoon lays down on the grass besides the nest near the cubs.

"Sleep tight..." He says softly. "Rest."

But Seokjin is already fast asleep in the soft, warm nest, shivering lightly at the scent of the other dragon, before his eyes shut fully into a dream.

°•●•°

But inside, Taehyung is angry. His brother promised to go home. To finish the fiery nights.

It's been longer than a day. Night nearing once again, and his brother still hasn't returned.

Could it be the dragon had killed him?

No... No one kills Seokjin. He's his brother! No one could kill him!

But than why is he still not home...?

Taehyung barely ate. He couldn't sleep that morning. Seokjin must come back home. Surely he isn't dead.

"Sweety, you have to eat."

Taehyung looks up, snapping out of his thoughts at his mother's concern.

He looks down at his food. A bowl of rice with side dishes, chopsticks left untouched.

"I'm not hungry." He mutters.

"But Tae--"

"I said I'm not hungry!" Taehyung shouts angrily, averting his gaze after his outburst. "I'm not... hungry..."

His mother jolts, flinching at his yelling and looking down.

"I... I know it's not the same. Seokjin always cooked and now it's different... But you have to eat..."

Taehyung picks up his chopsticks, picking at his rice before putting a single piece in his mouth.

"Happy?" He growls.

His mother sighs in defeat and goes on to eat her own food, her concern for both of her sons growing.

But tonight. Taehyung is going to end the dragon. Whether he killed Seokjin or not. Whether it's dead or not. He'll stab it more than he can count.

No one takes his hyung away.

°•●•°

There is a soft purr that awakens the purple dragon. Slowly lifting his head, Namjoon turns to the sound.

He sees Seokjin staring at him with wide eyes, two of the three cubs havin moved to lay extremely close against his scales.

"H-how... How do you deal with this?" Seokjin whispers softly, clearly referring to the cubs.

Namjoon only smiles. "They feel your warmth. Don't panic."

"Why?"

"It gives a motherly feeling to them. It's the only thing close to a parent I can offer them. Since I'm not in the nest, you radiate your warmth."

Seokjin looks down at the two cubs, weakly smiling at them before laying back down to engulf them in his love.

One of the cubs yawns, body shaking lightly as he sneezes before curling closer to Seokjin.

The dragon purrs sweetly, his confusion amd panic softening into love for the two little ones.

"Why are they all different colors?" Seokjin asks softly.

Namjoon looks at them. "I think they are from different mothers."

"But... you said you found them?"

"I found them all together, but their egg shells were different. I think they were dropped at the same time..." Namjoon replies.

Seokjin looks at the cub who is on the opposite side of the nest. "And him?"

Namjoon smiles. "The oldest. They try to distance themselves to get ready for independence."

"Mature kids..."

Namjoon nods, getting up on his paws. "Are you coming tonight?"

Seokjin looks at the kingdom, nodding without any hesitation. "I want to see my brother."

"Get up then. Time to practice."

Seokjin carefully gets up, flinching when the cubs start whining at the missing warmth.

Namjoon nudges him with, already launching himself into the air.

Seokjin follows, biting his tongue at the rising sting. He forces his muscles to take it, pressing against the air and quickly catching up to Namjoon, who smiles at him.

"Can you take more?" He asks.

"I won't know if I don't try." Seokjin pants, growling deeply.

Namjoon grins slightly. "Good mindset. Follow up."

With that, Namjoon rises, his body flowing as he moves in the air like a wave, turning every which way.

Seokjin's eyes glow brightly at he challenge, feeling the excitement over the pain of his wings. He follows up on Namjoon's moves and soon starts laughing.

The wind that flows against him feels like freedom. He spreads his wings just a little wider, his balance fixing as he turns to look at Namjoon. The dragon smiles proudly at him.

Seokjin watches in admiration as the older dragon opens his mouth, revealing his sharp teeth and a flame of hot fire erupts from him, the purple flames mixing with the fierce red inside.

"How do I do that?" Seokjin asks softly.

Namjoon chuckles. "It comes naturally. The burn must eventually be fixed. If not... It'll burn you inside out. But when you release it, you can feel every inch of yourself burning with passion." He exhales softly, as if satisfaction at the thought and inches closer to him. "You feel warm and calm, increasing every second until it bursts from you with power and force, bringing a light brighter than I ever knew I had. My anger towards the kingdom made it worse. I had more light to give."

Seokjin listens in awe. A burn... a warmth. He feels it. But it won't come out yet. He'll have to wait until it burns him.

"Over time, you'll learn to control it." Namjoon continues. "To build it up in seconds and to have it erupt only two seconds after the first."

Seokjin smiles softly. "I want that... Eventually at least."

"And you'll be able to do it eventually. But for now, it's time to see your brother."

Seokjin nods, smiling as he flies back, Namjoon following him as he quickly notices the little ones awake.

Namjoon lands first, although Seokjin keeps hovering to support his wings for longer pain.

"Did we wake you?" Namjoon asks softly.

The two cubs immediately curl against his paw, while the oldest only looks at him.

"Why... Why is he here with us?" The dragon growls softly. "He wanted to kill us... Yet you kept him."

Seokjin feels a sting in his heart.

"He can change." Namjoon answers. "He's one of ours now, Yoongi. You can't expect him to leave. You can't expect me to leave him alone or send him away like this. We dragons care for each other."

The dragon huffs a growl. "He's a dead man to me."

Seokjin looks down in shame. He doesn't utter a single word. He only feels a sting of sadness. With a hesitant thought, he mutters an apology, turning and flying away.

He ignores the pain in his wings, ignoring Namjoon's yelling and dives down towards the kingdom.

He wants to go home. To see his brother. His mom.

He wishes he had never left to go kill the dragon who caused their trouble.

It had only been a day. But Yoongi's words hurt him, and shook him in his very core.

He lands just behind the kingdom walls, looking over to see the lights still on. Tears prick in his eyes.

Like this, he can never see his family again...

He chokes on one of his sobs, his abandon burning with fire. He hangs his head low, his body slumping down.

He hears a soft pitter patter on the grass and he looks up slightly, only to look back down at the purple eyes that stare back at him.

"I scolded him."

Seokjin doesn't look up.

"He didn't mean those words. He was never meant to say that. He doesn't know the pain you're going through, and that's neither yours nor his fault. But I need you to come back with me... Before they find out there are two of us."

"There are five of us..." Seokjin mutters softly. "Only I... I don't count. Which makes it the same number as before."

He gets up, slowly looking up at Namjoon and at the mountain.

"Four. Because I'm not a pure-blood."

"Neither am I." Namjoon growls. "I'm not a pure-blood either. It doesn't mean you are any less. Please just come home with me..."

Seokjin gets up, scowling at him. "You don't even know my name... My home is still here..."

Namjoon stays quiet, looking down. What is he supposed to say? I'm sorry for taking your humanity? I'm sorry you'll never be looked at the same?

With a sigh, Namjoon slumps in defeat. "You're right. I wanted you with me without knowing you. I ignored your feelings and only cared about the secrecy of my cubs and I. I'm sorry for that. But... If I were to ask your name, would you answer me?"

Seokjin looks down at him. "No..." He mumbles. "I wouldn't. Your loyalty to your cubs is clear, but your territory is more important. Only a selfish dragon would keep this madness on. I won't come with you. I'll move on... and look for my own territory..."

With that, Seokjin spreads his wings and flies away, leaving Namjoon with a sad stare.

He messed up...

Why did he let him go...?

With a silent tear, he drops the territory hunting, instead flying back up to his cubs.

He curls in his nest, two of he cubs still against him.

Yoongi stares at him, but eventually comes to lay against him as well.

"You'll find him... Eventually..." He whispers softly.

Namjoon exhales deeply. "I truly hope so, Yoongi..." He whimpers, looking at the direction of Seokjin's path. "I really do..."

°•●•°

Seokjin is hurting. Both his heart and his body are exhausted. He's been flying for hours, the pain in his wings stinging and his heart hurting.

Was he right to have left?

He's cried. He misses his family, he misses the cubs. But he misses Namjoon as well. The fire within him has been burning like an oven, but there was no way to get it out.

He's far away from home. But when he thinks about it, he wonders what his home is.

Is it with Taehyung? Or with Namjoon?

His heart is troubled.

He decides to take a quick break, risking the territory of another animal to rest upon.

Although this was not for long. Seokjin's head snaps up at the deep growl he hears.

He looks up, nervously crawling back at the larger, spiked dragon before him. The dragon is covered in blood, its white pearly scales stained with red.

"Who are you to step upon my property?!"

Seokjin whimpers. "Forgive me... I'm so tired... I've been flying for so long, I'm looking for my own territory..."

The dragon huffs. "No excuse. If you forgot where your territory is than you should not have left it."

"I... I never had a territory..."

The dragon frowns. "What are you talking about?"

"I was human... I'm sorry for stepping onto your territory... It won't happen again... I'll leave..."

The dragon holds him down, slamming Seokjin to the ground with its wings.

"What do you mean, human?"

Seokjin groans in pain. "Exactly what it is... I was human before I got turned..."

"And... You left?"

Seokjin shakes his head. "I stayed for a day... I learned how to fly."

"Then why did you leave? You have a massive chance of dying." The dragon growls. "Do you even know how to use your fire?"

Seokjin shakes his head sadly. "No... I... I just--"

"Where did you come from?"

"The human kingdom... It's a few hours South."

The dragon tugs at Seokjin's paws and pulls him up. "You're an idiot. Come on. I'm taking you back."

"N-NO!!" Seokjin panics. "I don't want to! Let me go!"

The dragon growls at him. "You need this dragon. This home. I know it all seems bad. But I've turned someone before. Being on your own as a new dragon has some serious consequences."

"W-why?"

"We dragons rely on each other. If one of our trusted friends leaves, we become uncontrollable. This is why you became tired, why you feel that pain. You need this dragon. So go back and kiss him."

"W-WHAT?!!"

The dragon growls at him. "Listen, I don't like other dragons. I'm giving you this as a survival chance. Go back now and live or continue and suffer."

Seokjin trembles before he gets up, mumbling a soft thank you before he launches himself into the air and quickly flies back, trying to find his way through the approaching storm.

The dragon's words made him think.

Maybe he was in the wrong. Maybe he did judge too fast.

All of that will change. He's going to go back. He's going to apologize. He's going to stay.

°•●•°

Thunder crashes loudly within the woods, rain splashing down onto the scales of the dragons. But none of it compares to the sadness Namjoon feels.

He feels guilty. Guilty for being selfish to Seokjin. Still not knowing the dragon's name...

Yoongi has been getting his share as well. He likes seeing his brothers happy, but witnessing Seokjin's leave made them sad.

He's never missed a dragon more than Namjoon before. But Seokjin comes very close to it. And even for his comment, he still wishes for him to return so he can say that he's sorry.

But through a storm like this...

Yoongi knows he might never see Seokjin again. And it pains him. His brothers are sad, but Namjoon as well.

He looks up at the lightning, spreading his small wings before managing to weakly hover himself in the air a little.

He's going to find Seokjin.

°•●•°

Seokjin feels it. His fire. It's hurting him. But he also knows he's close to the nest. Flying through the worst of the storm caused him bruises, but he wants to go back.

But his eyes catch a large flame, smoke rising from the ground.

He carefully descends, gasping, anger rising within him at the sight.

He can hear the humans screaming, shouting, and chanting. In the midst, tied up and weakly screaming for help, is the blue-winged cub.

With dark glowing eyes, Seokjin dives down into the crowd, wrapping his tail around the cub protectively. A load roar erupts from his throat, his fire bursting with him.

The bright pink flame scares the humans enough to go back. But Seokjin sees someone in the crowd. His eyes can't look away.

"T-Tae..."

Taehyung looks up at his name, scowling at the dragon. "You're not the dragon from before. Are you here to kill us?!"

"No! You got this wrong!" Seokjin tried to defend his words, but Taehyung looks up at him with hatred.

"My brother was killed by your kind. Every dragon we meet deserves death! I don't know how you know my name, or who you are, but you're going to burn with the rest of them!"

Seokjin's eyes narrow. "If you want to burn us... You're burning an innocent child and your brother."

"LIES!" Taehyung screams. "MY BROTHER IS DEAD!!"

"I am your brother!" Seokjin growls. "I was scared to come see you. I knew this would happen and you would never believe me! But how else would I know your name?! How else can I know that your favorite position to sleep is hugging something?! How else can I know that you always wanted a pet mouse when we were little?!"

Taehyung's eyes widen. No one knew he wanted a pet mouse...

"W-what is your name...?"

"I'm your brother, Tae... I'm your hyungie..." Seokjin says softly. "I'm Seokjin."

Taehyung bites his lip, tears in his eyes. "Why... How?"

Seokjin looks back at Yoongi, still wailing and gently gives the young dragon a hug.

"I was going up to kill the dragon. But I got caught and was attacked. The dragon didn't kill me. He told me that my behaviour about the kingdom was as territorial as a dragon. And I needed to see his side of it. He taught me to fly... He has three wonderful little cubs which he rescued and kept. One of which is him..."

Taehyung looks back at the small cub, who's shaking. He can't believe it. His hyung... a dragon... A pink dragon...

"I'm taking him back to the nest. The reason why this dragon has attacked is because this kingdom is on the land he wished to give to the cubs. We unknowingly claimed this as ours and we should never have done so. I don't know what you think of me, Tae, but I'm staying with the dragons. They are... an accepting home."

Seokjin's voice is soft as he bites through the tight rope around the cub amd immediately Yoongi crawls up onto his back.

"If this is the last time we see each other..." Seokjin mumbles. "Then goodbye. Thanks for everything. Thank mom for me too..."

With that, Taehyung opens his mouth to speak, but Seokjin is already high up before he can speak.

A thought crosses his mind but he shakes it away, watching as his brother flies away.

°•●•°

Seokjin lands back on the hill, letting Yoongi slide into the nest. The poor cub is shaking and immediately goes back to cuddling against Seokjin's paw.

"I'm sorry..." He whimpers softly. "I didn't mean it..."

Seokjin carefully joins the nest, curling against Namjoon and letting Yoongi curl up against him.

Namjoon purrs a little at the unexpected warmth, eyes fluttering open only for him to shoot up from his sleeping position.

"You're back!"

The other two cubs jump up at the sudden movement, but when looking around immediately cuddle up against their brother and Seokjin, who purrs at their warmth.

"I shouldn't have left." He sighs. "I needed you."

Namjoon pulls the dragon in a tight hug. "Never leave again... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have been so selfish. I was wrong to act as a superior..."

"Seokjin..."

Namjoon looks up at him, a little surprised. "What...?"

"My name..." He smiles softly. "It's Seokjin."

Namjoon only pulls him tighter. "Will you please stay? The cubs need you... I need you..."

Seokjin gives him a gently smile, placing his nose against Namjoon's, who purrs at the loving gesture.

"I'll stay as long as I need to. Clearly you can't take care of your cubs."

"Of course I can! I have for three years!"

"The little one here was tied up in the human kingdom. They were going to burn him." Seokjin says softly, looking down at Yoongi.

Namjoon's eyes grow wider in shock, feeling a sting of failure. "Thankfully you came back..."

"If I hadn't known that I needed you as much as I do, I would have never returned. I could've been dead. A dragon on the far mountains North guided me back."

Namjoon sighs deeply, purring lightly. "Thank you for coming back, Seokjin."

"I didn't come back." Seokjin says with a soft smile. "I came home..."

|=|THE END|=|

Questions of the Chapter:

Who do you think Namjoon was before becoming a dragon?

Why is Namjoon purple and Seokjin pink?

What colors are the cubs?

Who ate the cubs?

Who was the dragon that helped Seokjin come home?

Why was Namjoon so angry at the humans?

Why do you think Taehyung decided not to go after his brother?

This was my first ever dragon short! How did you guys like it?

A visual for Namjoon. He is mostly black with a color code of shades of purple. He's about 20 times as tall as the average American male.

He has sharp claws, big bat wings with shaded purple in between and horns on top. His eyes are a full lilac, depending on night or day. At day they become more magenta.

A visual for Seokjin. He's mostly pink with shades of purple amd black with a gold and silver mix. He is about 18 times as tall as the American male average.

He has sharp horns in an horizontal S shape, sharp teeth and claws. His wings are a mix of purple and bright pink with a more flexible body type than Namjoon due to his scales being smaller.

His eyes are a complete pastel pink at night. At day they become baby pink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.3K 251 13
Sam runs into a classy lady in the elevator. He's immediately smitten, but before he can find the courage to talk to her, the elevator stops and all...
24.4K 670 32
A book on yoongi and his booty
835K 38.8K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...