Why Me || T. Oikawa

By RinkRat0

Tooru Oikawa appeared perfect on the surface. A pretty face, who was a volleyball star, got along perfectly w... More

Chapter 1: Whats So Special About Him?
Chapter 2: Oikawa Plays Volleyball!?
Chapter 4: This is Who You Really Are F/n L/n
Chapter 5: So That's How it's Gonna Be
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: Unexpected Meetings
Chapter 8: Feelings
Chapter 9: Manager!?
Chapter 10: First Day
Chapter 11: Hang Out
Chapter 12: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 3)
Chapter 15: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Finals)
Chapter 16: Aftermath
Chapter 17: Careers
Chapter 18: First-Year Manager
Chapter 19: Fukurลdani Academy!?
Chapter 20: Mad Dog
Chapter 21: Beach Vacation (Part 1)
Chapter 22: Beach Vacation (Part 2)
Chapter 23: Sleepovers
Chapter 24: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 1)
Chapter 25: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 2)
Chapter 26: Shiritorzawa vs. Karasuno
Chapter 27: Mia Fujisaki
Chapter 28: Divisions
Chapter 29: I'm Sorry...
Chapter 30: Sick Day
Chapter 31: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 32: A Dysfunctional Christmas
Chapter 33: New Years'!
Chapter 34: A Failed Confession
Chapter 35: Finding Y/n
Chapter 36: Shiritorizawa
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: First Date
Chapter 39: Chaos
Chapter 40: The End Is Nearing
Chapter 41: Graduation And Goodbyes
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!!

Chapter 3: Late Night Snack

6.9K 248 186
By RinkRat0

No Pov:

   It was currently 11 at night on a Sunday and you were laying on your floor with your stomach growling. You were so hungry, but you were all out of food, and your dad wasn't going to be home until morning. You tried to sleep it off but it was no use. Your insides felt like they were eating each other. You had 2,000 yen on your nightstand and there was a convenience store not too far from where you live. 

   So you pick your lazy ass up and put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants. Then you grab your money and keys and make your way to the store. 

   It was a lot colder out than you expected so for your entire walk you were shivering. The wind was blowing right through your clothing. You might as well have been wearing nothing. 

   Once you arrive at your destination you bask in the warm air. Oh, how you loved the warmth.

   You make your way over to the snack area because real food is for the weak. You picked out a box of strawberry pokies and some milk bread. 

   You walk over to the fruits section and think about being healthy. You stare at the strawberries for a second and then pick them up too. You loved strawberries. Your mom always use to eat them with you when she was still around. 

   You begin to get lost in thought, thinking about your mom and your past until you feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn around to see a man standing behind you. He looked like he was in his 50s. 

   "A pretty girl like yourself shouldn't be out this late at night all alone," He says with and gross smile. "How about you let me take you home. I'll keep you nice and safe." He says inching closer to you. 

   "No thanks. I can handle myself. You don't have to worry sir," You respond. As you try to walk past him he grabs your arm to prevent you from leaving. You look back at him with an intense glare. 

   All I wanted was food and now some crusty ass bitch is trying to kidnap me. What an ass, You think to yourself. 

   "Come on I really don't mind. Maybe you'll even enjoy our little walk." 

   "I said I don't need your help, now piss off," You say trying to pull your arm out of his grasp. 

   "Oh come on, don't be like that." 

   "You little-," You begin but are interrupted by another voice. One that annoys you to no end. The voice that haunts your dreams. But right now you were actually glad to hear it. 

   "Thank you for the offer. I really do appreciate it," Your brown-haired classmate, Oikawa begins, "But she doesn't need your help. She has me,"He finishes, putting his hand on the man's arm. He glares directly into the his soul. 

   The man lets go and with an annoyed huff, he leaves the store. As you take your gaze away from him you look up at the boy standing next to you. Before you can say anything he opens his mouth first. 

   "I told you there were perverts around here," He says, looking down at your figure. 

   "Tch. Oh shut up. I could have handled it myself," You say, rolling your eyes. He didn't like that. He grabs you by the shoulders and makes you turn to face him. He looks you dead in the eyes. This was the first time you had ever seen him so serious. 

   "L/n, you could have been kidnaped just now. You need to take this more seriously," He says. You look down at your feet. This was the first time he called you by your name, so you knew he wasn't playing around. Ok so, maybe that wasn't the best situation to be in, but you've been through a lot worse. After you don't answer for a little while Oikawa sighs and removes his hands from you. "What are you doing out so late at night anyway?"

   "I was hungry so I came here to get food," You say holding up the snacks you picked out. Oikawa lets out another sigh. You really did have some balls to be out this late. 

   "Hold on," He says walking off. You're confused at his sudden action.

   Hold on for what? You think to yourself. Even so, you do as you were told and wait for him. After a couple of seconds, he comes back with some milk bread.

   "Ok, we can go now," He says grabbing your arm and dragging you to the cash register. 

   "Wait, we?" 

   "I'm not letting you walk home alone after that and we live right next to each other anyway," He says, sill pulling you along.   

   "And if I say no?"

   "That's not an option."

   "Uhg fine," You say giving in. You were too hungry right now to argue with him. 

   After the two of you pay for your food you begin to make your way home. Eating as you walk. It was a peaceful silence and even though you would never admit it, it was nice having someone to walk with (even if it was Oikawa). You felt less lonely. Eventually, you opened your mouth to talk to him.  

   "So what are you doing out here this late?" You ask. After he takes the last bite of his milk bead he looks down at you. 

   "I just got done training, so I thought I should get some milk bead to celebrate," He answered. You stop eating your bread and look up at him in surprise. 

   "Why so late? That's a bit much don't you think?"

   "Maybe, but I have to get stronger," His expression turned into one of focus, but you couldn't help but notice that he looked a little sad too. 

   "You already are. If you keep overworking yourself then you'll get injured," You say. He looked over at you in shock. This was the first time you had ever been real with him. 

   "Aww is Shorty worried about me~,"

   "Great, now your back to your annoying self. Just wonderful," You say rolling your eyes. 

   "That's mean!" He yells, almost blowing your ears out. 

   "Oh my god, do you ever shut up."  

   "HEY!"

   "Apparently not," You retort. Annoyance laced in your voice. 

   After that, the two of you walking in silence for a little while longer. Until something popped into Oikawa's mind. Why would your parents even let you be up this late? And why would they let you go be out at this time? 

   "Hey, Shorty?"

   "Yes, Oikawa-san," You respond, too tired to yell at him about his Shorty comment. 

   "Are your parents ok with you being out this late at night?" You visibly flinch when he says the word parents. You take your eyes away from his and look at the ground. After a long moment, you answer his question.   

   "My dad doesn't get home until morning," You tell him. He looks at you with wide eyes. He goes to say something else but you interrupt him. "Well, he's not really my dad." Oikawa is even more shocked when you say that. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had no idea you were adopted. In a moment of pure genius, he asks you another question. 

   "What about your real parents?" He asks before he realizes what he just said. "I-"

   "Oikawa just shut up," You say. For the first time, you really wanted him to stop talking. Well you've wanted him to shut up before, but this was different. You were visibly upset. 

   "Sorry." This pissed you off. You hated it when other people apologized to you. It made you feel weak. 

   "Don't be." 

   For the rest of your walk together the both of you stayed silent. This time the silence was tense and awkward. 

   Once you got to your apartment you muttered a quick, 'later,' to him and walked inside. You didn't really have any reason to be angry with him, but you were. You didn't like talking about your parents. 

   You would just go back to normal once you woke up in the morning and treat Oikawa like you would any other day. 

   But for Oikawa, he was just left even more confused. What happened to your parents and why don't you want to talk about it? 

   You were the most confusing girl he knew. To him, other girls were so simple. All they wanted was some pretty face to stand next to them, but you? He had no idea. You were like trying to understand the final season of Tokyo Ghoul. It was nearly impossible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone. Sorry, this chapter was shorter than the others. I just wanted to introduce some of Y/n's backstory. This was kind of a filler chapter, but also it will become relevant later on in the story.    

I hope ya'll enjoyed ✨💕✌️                          

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 7.9K 58
(L/N) (Y/N) and Oikawa Tooru. You are the power couple of Seijoh. Everyone knows it since both of you are captains of your volleyball teams. Life was...
439K 14.5K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
10.7K 605 36
"๐˜‘๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต; ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ." You don't have to wat...
277 16 16
Aoki Hikaru has looked up to Oikawa Tooru and his friend Iwaizumi Hajime since the pair saved Hikaru from some bullies in middle school. Soon, it tur...