Why Me || T. Oikawa

By RinkRat0

Tooru Oikawa appeared perfect on the surface. A pretty face, who was a volleyball star, got along perfectly w... More

Chapter 1: Whats So Special About Him?
Chapter 3: Late Night Snack
Chapter 4: This is Who You Really Are F/n L/n
Chapter 5: So That's How it's Gonna Be
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: Unexpected Meetings
Chapter 8: Feelings
Chapter 9: Manager!?
Chapter 10: First Day
Chapter 11: Hang Out
Chapter 12: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 3)
Chapter 15: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Finals)
Chapter 16: Aftermath
Chapter 17: Careers
Chapter 18: First-Year Manager
Chapter 19: Fukurōdani Academy!?
Chapter 20: Mad Dog
Chapter 21: Beach Vacation (Part 1)
Chapter 22: Beach Vacation (Part 2)
Chapter 23: Sleepovers
Chapter 24: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 1)
Chapter 25: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 2)
Chapter 26: Shiritorzawa vs. Karasuno
Chapter 27: Mia Fujisaki
Chapter 28: Divisions
Chapter 29: I'm Sorry...
Chapter 30: Sick Day
Chapter 31: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 32: A Dysfunctional Christmas
Chapter 33: New Years'!
Chapter 34: A Failed Confession
Chapter 35: Finding Y/n
Chapter 36: Shiritorizawa
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: First Date
Chapter 39: Chaos
Chapter 40: The End Is Nearing
Chapter 41: Graduation And Goodbyes
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!!

Chapter 2: Oikawa Plays Volleyball!?

8.1K 283 596
By RinkRat0

Y/n POV:

   Siting behind Oikawa in class is the worst. He's a literal giraffe. Looking past his big ass head is almost impossible. Every time that we have to take notes he's in the way. Whenever I try and look past him he purposely moves so that I can't see the board. The little shit. I Want to throw him across the room, but apparently, that's frowned upon.  

No POV:

    Currently, you were in class taking notes. Well, you were supposed to be. Oikawa was blocking your view, again. You move to the left to try and see what you're supposed to be jotting down, but Oikawa moves to the left as well. Then you move to the right... and so does he. 

   You go back and forth for a few minutes until you get tired of his crap. You pick up your foot from the floor and begin to swing as hard as possible. As your foot makes contact with his butt you hear the desk move with a loud squeak. 

   The entire class looks over at the two of you. Oikawa looks back at you with a shocked expression, but you were just looking out the window. As if nothing happened. 

   For the rest of class, you took notes with little resistance from Oikawa. His presence still pissed you off but at least he let you see the damn board. 

   The bell rang, signaling for the end of school. 

   As you packed up your things Oikawa began to approach you. It was quite common for Oikawa to go over to you after class and have a sassy remark or two. 

   Oh Great, You thought as he now stood in front of you. 

   "You know shorty if you wanted to touch my ass that badly you could have just asked," He said with his signature smirk. 

   You look up at him with an innocent smile. 

   "What ass? Sorry but I don't see one attached to you." You say smugly. His eyes widen and he begins to point at you in a sort of defensive position. 

   "Ok, now your just being mean! The size of my ass isn't any of your business!" 

   You laugh at his stupidity and defensiveness. You found joy in watching him get all worked up. 

   "Hey stop laughing it's not funny!" 

   You straighten your back and look him dead in the eyes with a smile.

   "Whatever you say Flattykawa~."     

   "WOW! ok now you're pushing it," Oikawa says with annoyance plastered all over his face. You loved to see this. It brought so much joy into your life. Seeing Oikawa pissed. Now that was the best.

   "I have no idea what you're talking about." 

   "Like hell!" 

   "Aww do I really get to you that much?" You ask now with a smirk on your face. 

   "Tch, I'm leaving. See ya tomorrow shorty." Oikawa said as he walked off. As soon as he was out of the classroom all you could hear were the screams of his fangirls. 

   They never shut up, You think to yourself. Their screeches still annoy the hell out of you but you've gotten used to it. 

   As you begin to leave your classroom and start your, oh so exciting journey home, a blond-haired and blue-eyed girl walk up to you. She greets you with her usual smile. 

   "Hey F/N-chan!" 

   "Oh hey Ami" 

   You met Ami about a week ago and she declared that you were her friend. You find her kind of weird but she's alright. 

   Flashback To a Week Ago:

   You were currently leaving school after an utterly exhausting day. Your teacher had forced you to work with a partner on a math worksheet and with your amazing luck, you got pared with Oikawa. It was nothing short of utter hell. He didn't understand a single thing and you had to help him with every problem. At one point you thought that he was just doing it to piss you off. No one could be that stupid, right? 

   You let out a sigh and continue walking until you feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn around to see a girl in your class standing there. She sat about two seats to the right of you.  

   "Um yes?" You question giving her a neutral look. 

   "You're the new girl in class 3-1. F/n L/n, right?"

   "Ya, that's right." As soon as you say that her face lights up and she gives you the most innocent smile. 

   "My name's Ami Nanase, you can call me Ami. I've wanted to introduce myself for a while, but you always seemed to leave right as the bell rang." She says still smiling at you. You didn't really understand why she wanted to talk to you. You didn't have the most welcoming vibe. Plus none of the girls at school really like you because of how you talk to Oikawa. Let's just say you get some very threatening looks in the halls. 

   "Oh sorry..." You say. The confusion visible in your voice. 

   "It's ok you don't have to apologize. Anyway, you seem really nice. We should be friends!" She exclaims sounding excited. 

   Why does she want to be my friend? All I do is insult Oikawa all day, You think. Getting lost in thought. Is this girl ok in the head? Like we literally just met, You think. 

   "Umm-" You begin but are quickly interrupted by her high pitched voice. 

   "Alright, it's settled then! You're now my new friend, F/n-chan!" She yelled in excitement. Rapping her arm around yours and walking off with you in tow.  

   HUH!? She didn't even give me a chance to answer! You thought.

   Over the week you became closer. It was mostly Ami talking and you trying to listen but inevitably giving up and listening to music. 

   Present Time:

   "Do you have any plans for the rest of the day," Ami asks.

   "No, I don't," You say. Turning to look at her completely. 

   "Great! You're coming with me then!" She exclaims, grabbing your arm and pulling you out of the classroom. You know like usual. 

   "Huh!? Where are we going."

   "The boy's volleyball club is having a practice game today and we're gonna go cheer them on," She says with excitement. Your eyes widen at the mention of volleyball. 

   "Who are they playing?" Ami lets out a dramatic gasp at your question. 

   "Do my ears deceive me, or is F/n-chan actually interested in something for once!" You roll your eyes at her little comment. It's not like you were totally uninterested in everything she says. It's just sometimes you zone out when she's talking to you... Ok maybe more often than that, but still. 

   "Just answer the question." 

   "Well you're moody today," She says with a pout. You glare at her, letting her know that you're serious. She lets out a small sigh. "It's some college team. I can't remember what they call themselves." 

   A college team!? You think. You knew that the school had a good volleyball team but not that good. 

Ami noticed your shock and presided to talk. 

   "Why are you so interested anyway?" She asks. Leaving you with a shocked expression. You didn't really know how to answer. 

   "No reason." Ami lets out a sigh. That wasn't really the kind of answer she wanted, but it was expected out of you. She doesn't care for your secretive nature. Like whenever she asks you about your life in Tokyo you just answer with, 'Nothing special' or 'It's not that interesting'. She hadn't known you for very long, but she could tell that you didn't like talking about yourself. 

   "Sure," She responded. Almost sounding a little bit defeated. 

   After a few minutes of walking, you finally arrive at the gym. And that's when you hear it. The sound that haunts your nightmares. The sound of his fangirls. 

   "WE LOVE YOU OIKAWA-SAN!!!" 

   "Oh god... please no," You plead as if your life depends on it. 

   "Come on, let's get some seats," Ami says, dragging you along while also skipping. 

   As you and Ami go on a hunt for seats, you find yourself looking around the bleachers for Oikawa, but you didn't see him anywhere. His fangirls on the other hand were all over the place. You let out the breath you had been holding once you didn't see him. You assumed that he just left as the two of you entered. That had to have been some good luck. 

   You and Ami got some seats in the front row. As you look over into the court it takes you a moment to realize who's all there. At first, you see Iwaizumi. It didn't come as a surprise to you though. He had told you a while ago that he was on the volleyball team. You would have given him a small wave, but he was busy warming up and you didn't want to distract him.

   Your eyes wander for a little longer until they stop on a specific figure. Your expression changed from neural, to a mix between shocked a horrified. It was him. The tall, chocolate haired, asshole. Oikawa. 

   He was setting the ball into the air as different people ran up to spike it. He was on the volleyball team and he was a setter. Because of how they were warming up it looked like he was the official setter no less. To have a good team you first need a good setter and Saijoh was one of the top 4 teams in the whole prefecture. Meaning Oikawa had to be a good setter. 

   As the game went on you proved your own point. Oikawa was not just a good setter, but an amazing one. He brought out the best in all of his teammates and made sure that they were playing to the best of their abilities. You could only stare in aw. You would never openly admit it but you couldn't take your eyes off of him. He had some serious skills. 

   At one point in the second set, it looked as though Oikawa was about to spike the ball down on their second touch, but he changed his position in mid-air and set the ball to Iwaizumi, Who spiked it down. It was amazing. 

   After some time the game finally ended. Saijoh had beaten the college team in a 3 set match. It was a close game and very exciting to watch. Almost exciting enough to drown out the sound of Oikawa's fangirls... Almost.  

   Ami wanted you to wait with her so she could greet some of the boys from the volleyball team. She was friends with two of them. Their names were Takahiro Hanamaki and Issei Matsukawa. Apparently, they met in their first year of high school. Ami talks about them a lot and you've only met them once, but they seemed pretty chill. 

   You knew as soon as the boys left the locker room because you could hear the animal noises of Oikawa's fangirls. You were 100% gonna wake up with a headache tomorrow morning. Fun. 

   You see some of the team members make their way through the crowd and begin to walk home. Soon you see Hanamaki, Matsukawa, and Iwaizumi appear from that crowd of girls. 

   Ami calls out to them and they make their way over to the two of you. Once they see you with her all of their eyes widen for a second.  

   "Hey, Ami, L/n-san," Makki says greeting the two of you. Ami responds with an energetic 'Hi' and you nod at him. 

   "I didn't expect to see you here L/n-san. This doesn't seem like your type of thing," Iwaizumi says. 

   "Oh trust me I would much rather be at home right not eating soba, but Ami dragged my ass over here," You say defensively. 

   "Oh don't be like that F/n-chan. You know you had fun. You couldn't take your eyes off the court for even a second~" Ami teases. You tense up and blush a little out of embarrassment. Ami notices this and begins to giggle. 

   "Wow L/n-san, I didn't expect that out of you," Matsukawa states. 

   "Ya, you don't seem like that type to be into sports, but I'm glad you enjoyed watching us," Makki continues in a teasing tone. Everyone starts laughing except for you. 

   "What? It was a good game, ok. You guys actually aren't half bad. It was more like I was shocked to see that you guys were good at the game. So shocked that I couldn't look away," You say. This time being the one to tease them. 

   "Damn L/n-san that's just cold," Iwaizumi says.

   "Ya, I knew you were kind of mean but that stung," said Makki being overdramatic. 

   "Oh stop complaining. That wasn't even that harsh," You say rolling your eyes at the 4 idiots standing around you. 

   "True I've seen F/n-chan say way meaner things to Oikawa," Ami states with a proud smile, and you could have sworn you heard Iwaizumi mumble, Well he probably deserves it.  

   "Remind me to never piss you off," Matsukawa says to you with a slightly concerned face. 

   As you were busy talking to your so-called friends Oikawa had wrapped things up with his fangirls. He looked over in your group's direction and saw his friends. 

   He started walking towards you and once he got closer he saw you. He stopped for a second as shock began to take over his features. 

   Why is she here, He thought, unable to comprehend your reason for being at the school this late and talking with his friends. 

   He continued to approach. Once he got to your little group you stopped what you were doing and looked up at him. 

   "Aww you just couldn't wait to see me could you Shorty~," Oikawa said as he looked at you with his smile. Now he had everyone's attention. 

   "Ya in your dreams Flattykawa," You say with a look of annoyance written on your face. Everyone starts laughing. Iwaizumi was the one laughing the hardest. He could hardly stand. Everyone started to repeat after you. Saying things like Flattykawa~, Nice one L/n, Wow Oikawa, that's rough buddy. 

   "YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN!" Oikawa says getting all embarrassed and angry. Everyone just starts laughing even harder. "It's no funny!" He says and starts to pout.

   After everyone calms down Oikawa begins to speak again. 

   "So why are you here Shorty?"

   "What, am I not allowed to be?" You retort. 

   "You know what I meant just answer the question and stop being so difficult," Oikawa says. Annoyance starting to become visible on his face.

   You let out an annoyed sigh. "Ami dragged me here," You say pointing to her. 

   "H-Hey O-Oikawa," Ami says nervously. It's not that she likes Oikawa or anything like that. She just gets intimidated by is beauty. Or at least that's what she told you. 

   "Oh hi, Ami. Wow, I didn't even see you there." Oikawa said. Iwaizumi then proceeds to elbow him in the side. "Ow, Iwa-chan why would you do that!" Oikawa wines. 

   "Dumbass, you don't say that to people," Iwaizumi says and then begins walking toward the front gate of the school. "Come on. We all need to get home." 

   Everyone begins to follow Iwaizumi out the school. As you all walk you talk about some random things. After a while Makki and Matsukawa brake off from the group, then Ami, and finally Iwaizumi. Leaving you and Oikawa to walk alone together. 

   After a few minutes of awkward silence, you notice that the two of you are going in the same direction. After you both take a certain turn you look up at him questionably. 

   "I knew you had a screw or two loose, but I didn't take you for a pervert," You say. Oikawa looks down at you with a disgusted look. 

   "What are you talking about! I'm not a pervert!" He says sounding offended. 

   "Oh ya, then why are you following me home?" You ask with a look of curiosity on your face. 

   "Well, I just wanted to make sure you get home safe. It's dark and there are perverts all over this neighborhood." Oikawa said and you just glare at him. 

   "Ya like you." 

   "I'm being serious here Shorty!" Oikawa practically yells. 

   "Me and you both know that your petty ass doesn't care about what happens to me, so cut the crap." 

   "Wow you have such little faith in me Shorty, I really go just want to make sure you get home in one piece," He says with that smile on his face. You glare at him even harder and then elbow him in the side. Right where Iwaizumi hit earlier. He stopped and bent over trying to catch his breath. Somehow you hit even harder than Iwaizumi. If that's even possible. 

   "I told you to cut the crap. That what you get for not telling me the truth," You say stoping along with the boy and standing in front of him.

    "Ok, Ok," He says after finally catching his breath and standing back upright. "I live in the same direction AND I PROMISE I'M NOT LYING!" He says not wanting to get hit again. 

   "Tch," You sound, continuing to walk home. 

   "Hey wait up!" Oikawa yells. 

   As the two of you continue to walk home together Oikawa looks over at you. He begins to wonder where he had heard your name before. No matter how hard he tried he just couldn't put his finger on it. He knew that he has heard it before but he can't remember where from. And on a more important note, why did you treat him like this? Like any other person. Why didn't you go running after him in the halls and scream his name every time he walked by? He couldn't get a read on you. He could read other people like an open book, but not you. It's like under the surface of your skin there's a brick wall and he can't see through it. For some reason that really annoyed him. 

   "Why are you staring at me?" You ask suddenly, making him jump a little out of shock. Pulling himself back to reality he answers you.  

   "I wasn't staring." 

   "Bull shit." 

   "I wasn't really!"

   "Ya ok, whatever you say." You respond. Still not willing to believe him. 

  After a few moments of silents, in a wave of sleep deprivation, Oikawa opens his mouth and goes to ask you a question. "Hey Shorty, why don't you go crazy when I walk through the halls and why don't you scream my name when I pass by and bring me little gifts like other girls?" You were shocked to hear him ask you this. I mean why would you. And how much of a spoiled brat can someone be to even say something like that. Even though you were surprised you didn't let it show on your face.  

   "Because you're not some god. You're a human being. So why would I worship you if you're on the same level as me? It doesn't make any sense." He couldn't even begin to comprehend your words. He was just shocked. No girl had ever said that to him before. It was kind of rude but at the same time, he felt warm inside. He kind of liked the fact that someone saw him as a person and not some piece of artwork. 

   Suddenly you stopped walking. "This is my place," You say pointing to a small apartment. "See ya later Flattykawa," You say making your way into your home. 

   Oikawa couldn't help but watch as you disappeared into the place you live. After you walked in he walked over to his house which was right next to your apartment complex. 

   Just another 'human being'... I kind of like the sound of that. He thought to himself as he walked into his house and greeting his family. 

   That night he could only think of one thing. It was just one question that he couldn't get out of his mind.  

   Who are you F/n L/n?   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I had a lot of fun with it 😁😁. I couldn't stop writing so it turned out extra long. I hope no one seems to OOC and if so please let me know so I can make corrections. 

Also, I wanted to let you know that I do intend on finishing this fan fiction. I know a lot of people say this and then discontinue it anyway but I won't. One of my friends said I wouldn't be able to make it past 3 chapters so my stubborn ass is gonna prove him wrong. Anyway I hope ya'll enjoyed!!!!!!      

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197 5 6
Updating every few days for now. Writers block..! ☆ She got to enjoy the first year of high school where she really wanted to, Shiratorizawa, before...
15.8K 840 15
"The small stars, hearts, and the occasional dicks that would cover Iwaizumi's stomach and chest made his day. Although he would never admit it he lo...
442K 14.5K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
544 1 28
Tooru will be her sun, and Hajime will be her moon. Even in the absence of the other, one of them will always shine a light on her path. She will ne...