𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐚...

By moonsgaurdian

"It wasn't too hard to figure out that you were the one. Imprinting on you only just set it in stone." ... More

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑶𝑶𝑫𝑺 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑮
𝑮𝑹𝑨𝑷𝑯𝑰𝑪 𝑮𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑬𝑹𝒀
𝑻𝑹𝑨𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑹
𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬
⁰¹, FIRST DAY JITTERS
⁰², THE REUNION
⁰³, CAR OIL
⁰⁴, LA PUSH, BABES
⁰⁵, PROM DRESSES AND CATCALLS
⁰⁶, A SECRET LET SLIPPED
⁰⁷, AN APOLOGY
⁰⁸, AWKWARD GATHERINGS
⁰⁹, TOLERANCE
¹⁰, PROGRESS
¹¹, OLD PHOTOGRAPHS
¹², THE VISION
¹³, TWIN FLAMES
¹⁴, TWIN FLAMES PT. 2
¹⁵, STAY AT HOME PROM
𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑻𝑾𝑶
¹⁷, BLOODY CELEBRATIONS
¹⁸, MISSING
¹⁹, FOUND
²⁰, ADRENALINE JUNKIE
²¹, MOTORCYCLE FASCINATION
²², MOTOR-INCIDENT
²³, FACE-PUNCH
²⁴, BEDROOM CHAOS
²⁵, INITIATION
²⁶, NOMADIC VAMPIRES
²⁷, THE BEDROOM WINDOW
²⁸, WOLFY ENCOUNTERS
²⁹, MUFFINS AND MISUNDERSTANDINGS
³⁰, DREAMS
³¹, FACING SHADOWS
³², VAMPIRE VISITS
³³, ECLIPSING DECISIONS
³⁴, CHOICES
𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬

¹⁶, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

1.7K 59 6
By moonsgaurdian

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter sixteen; Happy Birthday To You
" Today's the big day. "

When Rowan and Bella were children, they would invariably have joint birthday parties in September together. For they were almost exactly two years apart in age, separated by only a day. The girls adored having such a coincidence be bestowed upon them, and thought of it as being able to celebrate their birthday two days in a row.

But since Bella moved, Rowan observed the day in a less extravagant manner, spending the day with her coven and only the closest of her peers. Today was different, however, with Rowan's best friend once again residing within the small town. It was the morning of her birthday, and Rowan had already purchased her present weeks beforehand. A set of three crystal charms of which she could use with whatever she wished. She was sure that Bella was going to love them.

"Look what I found." Evelyn said, levitating a dusty box filled with heavy objects to the table. The fine particles of the drop caused Rowan to cough.

Evelyn walked over, sorting through the junk. Rowan didn't find any of the objects interesting, seeing just a bunch of old pictures, jars of materials, and other useless items from years ago. Moments later, her aunt pulled out a pair of matching string bracelets with a smoothed stone trinket on each of them.

"What are those?" Rowan asked, this time obtaining fascination.

"Remember when I told you about the closeness of me and your mother when we were young?" Evelyn asked, handing her one of them. "Here. When Everly and I finally got a grasp on our magic, we went out into the woods, and found a few of nature's materials. Together, we created these. That one's her's."

Rowan looked down at the great detail, attempting to make out the objects within. She could see stone and feel woven pieces of what seemed to be frond.

"Aunt Evelyn, these are stunning." Rowan gaped.

"Well, it's the best two teenagers could do." She chuckled, "Which brings me to my point. Bella's eighteen now, and you're soon to be sixteen. We were just about you're age when we made those. That's why I had an idea."

"What's that?"

"Seeing how close you two are, I want you guys to have them." Evelyn said, "Give her my old one today."

"What?" Rowan said, shaking her head. "You don't have to do that. I already got her a gift too."

"Then I'm asking you. Please take them." Evelyn puled slightly, "Symbolize your strong friendship. You don't know how important someone is until you lose them."

"Okay." Rowan whispered slightly, pulling her aunt in for a hug. "Thanks, Auntie."

* * *

Rowan, Sacha, Vanessa, and Lilura vacated Sacha's car one by one, just about the same time as Bella left her own. They followed behind Rowan, watching her meet up with the girl.

"Happy birthday to you!" Rowan teasingly spoke, pulling her friend in for a warm embrace.

"Thanks, but don't let them hear." Bella motioned towards their human friends, hugging back in an awkward stance.

"Oh, alright." Rowan said in a confused tone, though she was sure that the reason why she was so weary about her birthday had something to do with Edward and her new obsession with spending eternity by his side.

"Happ-" Lilura began saying as they caught up to the pair, but Bella quickly cut her off with a quick hush. They then walked together towards Eric, Jessica, Angelia, and Mike.

"Today's the big day." Jessica said, greeting the four of them. A look of panic crossed Bella's face. "Uh, R and J essay due?"

"Oh crap, yeah." Vanessa remembered.

"Wherefore art thou, Bella." Mike teased, causing the group to laugh.

"Let me take a picture of you guys." Bella told them, "My mom wants me to put together like a big scrapbook full of memories."

They all gathered together. Rowan stood next to Jessica and Vanessa squished between Mike and Eric, looking over solemnly at the missing boy. Her previous fling, Tyler, had moved and she still wasn't quite over him.

"I take them, I'm not in them." Angela spoke self-consciously.

"No, no, no." Eric said, bringing her in. "Come here."

"I don't really-" Sacha began.

"-Stop it, come here." Vanessa said, steering her and Lilura to crouch in front of the group.

"You'll photoshop this if my nose looks big, right?" Jessica told Bella.

"Oh, and brighten up my hair if it looks a dull red?" Vanessa asked.

"Don't worry, I'm in the picture. No one will be looking at you guys." Eric replied. Sacha scoffed, smiling as Bella quickly took the picture. The group then became distracted by the car driving towards the school.

"Oh good, Cullen's here."

"Hurray for that." Lilura said sarcastically.

"Well, we'll talk to you later." Jessica smiled, and they began to leave. Rowan, however, stayed with Bella.

"Happy birthday." Edward said, walking towards them.

"Don't remind me." Bella sighed.

"Your birth is definitely something to celebrate." Edward spoke, closing any distance between him and his girlfriend.

"Yeah, my aging is not."

"Your aging, Bella," Rowan said, "is a beautiful occurrence of which happens naturally."

"Ah, the witch is right." Edward said with an amused grin.

"As always." She replied nonchalantly.

"Additionally, I think eighteen is a little too young to start worrying about that." Edward mused.

"It's one year older than you." Bella responded.

"No it isn't, I'm one hundred and nine." Edward retorted.

"Well, maybe I shouldn't be dating such an old man." Bella playfully said back, "It's gross. I should be thoroughly repulsed."

"You are both exceedingly old, I think I need to start hanging out with people more my age." Rowan joked. The couple laughed, only to bring each other in for a kiss. She attempted to hide in her disgust.

"We should get to class." Edward said, finally tearing away.

"I'll say." Rowan spoke, hiding in her unpleasant emotions from such a sight.

"Wait a second, there's someone here for you Rowan." Edward suddenly said to her before looking back at Bella. "And you too." Her witch instinct told her that she knew exactly who it was.

"Rowan, Bella!" Jacob said, peering from around the corner.

"Jake!" Rowan grinned, running to give her other close friend a huge hug. "What a pleasant surprise."

"Pleasant indeed." Edward heard his sarcastic remark aimed towards the almost sixteen year old, which made Rowan question if he knew the reason for her excitement of seeing him.

"You knock it off." Rowan whispered quietly against Jacob so that only Edward heard.

"What?" Jacob asked.

"Oh, nothing." Rowan shrugged, letting go of him. She could feel her heart flutter. Edward gave her a knowing look.

"Hello biceps." Bella said, nudging Rowan.

"You know, I've only missed you for a few weeks." Rowan told Jacob, "What, did you swallow a whole bottle of oral steroids since then?"

Jacob chuckled. "Just a part of growing up, I think. Filling out."

"Oh, I see."

"You know, I was just buying a part for the Rabbit. I'm almost done with the rebuild." He told the girls, "You two gotta come take a ride when it's done."

"Depends." Rowan smiled, "Is it fast?"

"It's decent." Jacob laughed, making the others follow suit.

"Joking."

"Okay, good. Hey, are you coming to the Rez today? I know that you always have that super secret birthday thing with your family-friends, but I still want to celebrate your birthday with you. Even if it's early."

"Absolutely I'll come see you." Rowan beamed, before turning a crimson red at her bluntness. "Guys. See you 𝘨𝘶𝘺𝘴."

"Great." Jacob blushed, turning to Bella. "And speaking of birthdays. Happy birthday. Your dad told my dad, so. And I also remember it being a day before Rowan's."

"Yeah, of course." Bella sighed, shaking her head.

"So I got you something while I was out to get her gift." He said, pulling out a dream catcher and handing it to her. "It catches bad dreams."

"That's, kinda perfect. Thank you." Bella appreciated.

"No problem." Jacob while moving his attention to the other students entering the school. "Well, I should go."

"Okay, I'll see you later." Rowan nodded, hugging him one last time.

* *   *

"So, I heard that you're birthday is tomorrow, right after Bella's." Alice whispered to her, sitting next to the witch during French class.

"It's true." Rowan said below her breath.

"And also that you would always do something together to celebrate both of yours when you were small children."

"Yeah, um, Alice? Who told you?"

"Besides the point." She continued, "Before we found out about your all too close of a birthday, we were planning on hosting a small celebration for Bella. And since you two are used to commemorating together, I want you to come."

"Oh, no, Alice, you don't-" Rowan tried to say.

"Nonsense!" Alice practically shouted, earning a look of warning by their teacher. She quickly returned to her quiet voice level. "Nonsense. You're coming. I already asked Esme to get you a little something and drop it off at your house."

"But I have plans with Jacob." She groaned slightly.

Alice smirked. "Then you have two places to go to tonight."

"Lovely."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

997K 25.9K 57
"𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆, 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒅." - 𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒂. 𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚞...
546K 15.3K 52
˗ˏˋ꒰ ✨ ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full.] ❝If it were up to me, I'...
24.3K 507 22
[UNDER MINOR EDITING] PREVIOUSLY TITLED "ℭ𝔬𝔯𝔯𝔲𝔭𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫" ... 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦, 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘪...
514K 12.6K 40
'𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘪 𝘥𝘰. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘪�...