LOTR/Hobbit Imagines

By Guardianofrivendell

Collection of my LOTR/Hobbit Imagines, requested by my Tumblr followers (or myself :)) Everything is 'x reade... More

Legolas - A Dream Come True
Legolas - Oh Deer
The Fellowship - We've Got Your Back
Legolas - Gentlemen in Distress
Fili - Knight in Shining Armor
Aragorn - Don't Worry About Me
Sam - Thunderstorm
Aragorn - Promises
Legolas - Human Anatomy
Pippin - A Little Surprise
Thranduil - Crushing
Legolas: Misunderstandings
Kíli - Stalker
Legolas - You're My Home
Legolas - The Right One
Fíli - Tea and Lockscreens
Kíli - Hostage (part 1)
Kíli - Hostage (part 2)
Bagginshield - The Way to a Hobbit's Heart
Kíli - Stranger Danger
Éomer - My Badass Wife
Lindir - Puppy Eyes
Thranduil - My Badass Queen
Merry - Of bookcases and headaches
Kíli - Almond Cinnamon Pie
Thranduil - Stay
Thorin - A Royal Tease (18+!)
Fíli and Kíli - Dwarves Always Knock Thrice (part 1)
Aragorn - An (Un)Fortunate Pairing
Fíli - Broken Promises
Kíli - The Odd Ones Out
Fíli - Slippery When Wet
Fíli and Kíli - Perfect
Meludir - Reckless
Kíli - Ibrizinlêkhê
Fíli - Trade
Bilbo - Water
Aragorn - Making an Entrance
Fíli - Preparing for battle
Boromir - I Will Always Be Here
Thorin - An Unexpected Adventure
Ori - The Love Poem
Thorin - The Crown
Kíli - Power Outage
Fíli - Midamîn
Thorin - Happy
Fíli - When in Mirkwood (part 1)
Thranduil - Dance With Me
Thorin - And there was only one bed...
Fíli - Drunk in Love
Fíli - One Morning in Laketwon
Fíli - Always Yours

Éomer - Lost in Translation

2.9K 52 3
By Guardianofrivendell

Éomer x reader

Requested: Nope

Warnings: mentions of certain body parts and a bad ending

A/N: Wow! Not a Legolas fic? You're as surprised as I am :)
This is just a silly fic I wrote a while ago for another fandom, and I kept thinking how this would be perfect for Éomer. Slightly AU.

Words in bold are in Elvish.

"Come on, Y/N, hurry up. There's not much time left!"

You shuffled right behind your friend, muttering profanities and cursing your inability to say no to her. She could've carried a few things herself instead of making you drag it all alone. You weren't her slave. Although you probably were at this point.

When you entered the kitchen of the castle, you put down all the baskets your friend had made you carry. Before you could say anything, they were already gone, doing who knows what.

How did you let them trick you into coming along, you thought, shaking your head in annoyance.

Your friend worked in the kitchens of the castle of Rohan, and was in charge of organizing the grand feasts and balls King Théoden held.
This morning she had visited you, in the middle of a nervous breakdown because her kitchen staff was sick. You knew there was supposed to be a big ball tonight and now she was left to handle it alone.

You genuinely felt bad for her and really wanted to help, so you made the mistake to ask her what you could do. And that's how you ended up as her kitchen maid for the evening. No, scratch that. Kitchen slave.

*

Two hours later everything was ready for the guests to arrive. The food in the kitchen was ready, the tables in the ballroom were set up and the ale and wine were stocked.

You were wearing a plain dark green dress and your black flats. You had tried to keep your braided hair up with the few hair pins you had. It wasn't your best shot at a decent hairdo, but it would have to do. It's not like you really knew the people that were coming tonight. This was a feast for the upper class, and you were definitely not a part of that.

The guests started to arrive and you anxiously waited in the kitchen with your friend, waiting for her signal to start and walk around with the food.

This was the part you dreaded the most. You weren't the social type, and to be thrown out there in public, asking strangers if they wanted something to eat was a step too far.

But you had promised your friend to help her out and you weren't the one to break a promise. Besides, you would get back at her eventually. She owed you big time after this.

*

You felt your feet aching when you put down the empty serving plate on the giant table in the center of the kitchen. All the appetizers were served and you were desperate for a break.

You put your hands on the table and leaned forward, trying to remove the pressure of your feet. If you would allow yourself to sit down, you probably wouldn't be able to get back up again. It's not like you were being overdramatic - okay, maybe a little bit - but you weren't used to standing on your feet for this long. Why was this a good idea again?

Your friend looked at you sympathetically, but noticed something different.

"Okay, who caught your eye?"

You looked at her questioningly, shrugging your shoulders.
"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Y/N, come on! You're blushing!"

That comment made you blush even more. You looked the other way to try and hide it from your friend, but you should have known she would notice.

"So you did meet someone? Tell me!"

"No!" you hissed at her. "If I tell you, you would only try and make me go talk to him."

Before your friend could say anything, you were interrupted by a young nobleman coming into the kitchen. This was highly unusual.

"Excuse me my lady, would you mind hurrying up with the rest of the food? The guests are waiting," he asked with a bored expression.

Your friend smiled at him, gently guiding him out of the kitchen. "Of course my lord. I am sorry for the inconvenience. My servant will open the buffets right away."

Servant? Oh, now I'm suddenly the servant. But you had to give it to her, she knew how to work these people. If it were you who had to handle that person, you'd probably rolled your eyes at him and told him you only had two hands to work with, not four.

"Okay, Y/N. You heard me, go to the tables in the great hall and help the guests serve their food. Whatever you do, don't leave the food alone. Especially the desserts because I made just about enough for everyone. I'll help out as soon as I can."

"Yes, my lady," you said, making a small curtsy as a joke.

*

This was something you almost enjoyed. Almost.

People came to you and you only had to see they didn't overfill their plate, so there was enough for everyone. If you saw someone having trouble cutting off a slice of meat, you gave them a hand.
You preferred this work over the walking around with appetizers job, because this time you didn't have to look people in the eye.

Except with one person of course...

You had noticed him when you were walking around with your plate. Clumsy as you were, you tripped over your own feet and if it weren't for him, you had thrown all the stew on the ground. He had grabbed you by your upper arms and steadied you, without spilling one drop of the stew.

"Wow, quick reflexes," you gasped, and then your breath hitched because you finally had a good look at your saviour.

He was tall, but not towering over you. Dark eyes in a gruff, but friendly face. Your eyes trailed from his broad chest, down his forearms and then his hands, which were still holding on to your arms.

"Are you okay, my lady?" he asked.

You blinked a couple of times and smiled. "Yeah... Yeah, I am alright. I am sorry, I'm so clumsy!"

"Don't worry about it," he smiled.

You held up the plate to him. "Stew?"

After he took one of the bowls, you rushed around handing out the other bowls, your eyes often wandering towards him. Even though he was talking to some of the other guests, he always returned your gaze. When you finally handed out the last one, he winked at you and that made you return to the kitchen with flushed cheeks.

When he joined the line at the buffet, you started to get nervous. What if your clumsiness made you do something embarrassing again? Oh my god, what if you chucked some gravy on his expensive clothes?

Your hands started sweating and you wiped them off on your dress. He passed you, filling up his plate without asking for assistance, and you were almost disappointed he didn't take one look at you when he suddenly said,
"My name is Éomer."

You stood there perplexed, not realising at first it was you he was talking to. But when his dark eyes met yours, you answered automatically.

"Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N." He smiled and walked away with his plate only half full. You followed him with your eyes and forgot you were holding a serving spoon, dropping it to the ground with a loud clatter only a few seconds after.

Your friend had chosen that moment to come and assist you. She had one eyebrow perked up and you half expected her to tell you off for whatever she thought you were doing wrong, but to your surprise that didn't happen.

"Was that him?"

You sighed, shaking your head in response. You should've known this was coming.

"Come on, work with me here," she said, starting to speak in Elvish. The both of you learned the Elven language when you were young and often switched to it if you wanted to have a secret conversation. Since there weren't any Elves present, it was safe for them to use it.
You rolled your eyes, there wasn't anyone there at the buffet so you got away with the gesture.

"Fine. Okay? Yes, he is the one I was talking about," you admitted.

"Well? Go talk to him!"

See? You knew this would happen.

"I can't leave the food. The desserts need protection."

"But there is another dessert waiting for you." She nodded her head towards Éomer.

You bit your lip.

"He is cute though."

Your friend nodded, a smirk appearing on her face. "Has a nice butt too."

Your eyes widened at her comment, thanking Eru Illúvatar nobody could understand what she was saying to you. At least, you hoped no one could.

You couldn't help but let your eyes wander to where he was standing, glancing at a particular area. When you looked up again, you saw him staring back at you. You felt your cheeks burning, realising you were caught staring at his butt. You saw your friend barely holding her laughter.

After a couple of minutes Éomer was lost in the crowd. By that time a lot of guests wanted dessert so you were thankful your friend was there to help you.

When Éomer joined the line at the end of the buffet, you drew the attention of your friend again with a little wave.

"He does have a nice butt."

"It's probably not the right time for me to say to you that I understand Elvish?" a voice sounded, making your blood run cold.

"Y-you do?" your friend stuttered.

Éomer grabbed a slice of cake.

"I had to learn it because we do a lot of business with the Elves of Lórien. It comes in handy once in a while," he grinned.

You were still speechless. Your friend noticed and thought she could intervene and 'help'.

"Well, then you know Y/N over there thinks you're really cute."

He looked at you, his eyes full of mischief. It was adorable.
"Does she now?"

He took a bite of his slice of cake, his eyes never leaving yours.

"She also thinks you have a nice butt," she added. Éomer almost choked on the piece of cake in his mouth. That's it, you were going to plan her funeral later tonight.

"I'm so sorry," you tried to apologize.

"Don't be, I'm flattered," he laughed. "What do you say, when you're done here, you want to go and take a walk outside with me and my butt?"

"I'd love to!"

*

When the feast was over and you were almost done cleaning everything up, your friend called you over to the kitchen.

"I talked to one of the guards just now."

"And?" you asked, not understanding where she would take this.

"They always speak Westron when communicating with Lórien," they whispered. "Éomer doesn't understand Elvish at all!"

You looked towards the mostly empty hall, where Éomer stood waiting for you. He had an extra cloak hanging over his arm, for you to use on your walk, and was looking towards you.

"You don't understand a single thing of what I'm saying to you, do you?" you said to him. He just smiled in return, a slight panic in his eyes.

"Hey, at least you got a date out of it!" your friend laughed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 94 18
Imagines and preferences of your favorite Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings characters! **Requests are ALWAYS open**
14.9K 276 22
requests closed! there can sometimes be preferences, random rants and memes in this book too, no smut tho most of the x readers here are fem!reader :)
205K 5.3K 28
(Y/n) (L/n) has been on the run her whole life. Where she is from, she is considered a witch. Gondor would not welcome her any longer. She was a nuis...
321K 6.7K 49
From Bilbo Baggins, to Boromir, even Bjorn. I began these imagines in 2013 at the best of my memory. I have been to and from Wattpad for so long. Ple...