Welcome home - One Piece x Re...

By 48Daydreamer

(y/n) was blessed with the opportunity to grow up with the rowdy ASL trio but has no desire in her heart to b... More

Found
ASL and you
Paths diverge
Waves of Emotions
Law and Order?
Living with Law
Time to Prepare
You're Late
Since we've been Parted
Heated discussions
Festival of Freedom Begins
Fireworks and Feelings
Meeting Pops in Person
Party till we Part
Back to Basics and Baking
Market Madness
Well... It's not a bullet wound
Do I really need to explain?
Invisible shackles
My sincerest apology
Good news?
I Swear
Am I in trouble?
You should've asked!
That's a lot of... pink
Going once... Going twice...
Please doughnut disturb!
Working Mirror-cles
Probabilities and Possibilities
What just happened?
Ex-straw-ordinary people
Eat! Drink! Talk!
Up to their own devices
While you were gone
Sharing is Caring
Too early in the morning...
Sunny with a smile
Sunny with a Splash
Sunny under the stars
Goodbye for now...
I Spy
Seeing is believing
Sweet misunderstandings
A Whole Cake Welcome
Big Mom's tea party
Time is precious
Time Taken and Time Restored
✨You decide✨
Important message
True harmony
Cold truth for Sweet tooth
Time to say goodbye
Uninvited Guest
Lesson learned?
Surprisingly Civil
Day off
Doctor says
...
Familiar Stranger
Finally Found You
Awkward Reunion
Not yet
Stone Walls
(Y/n) x reader - Special?
Pancakes and Halos
~Hiatus~
Let's just talk
Let's Just Talk - Part 2
Morning After

To be beautiful

16.1K 741 351
By 48Daydreamer

Thank you all so much for the encouraging messages, I know I said I would rest but it's my birthday today🥳 and I want you guys to get something from it too! I promise I'll rest after this! 😅 In this chapter I will definitely abuse the power I have as author for plot convenience. You have been warned.

————————————————————————————————————————

"Stay still (Y/n)!" Pudding snapped.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but you have too remember my hair is still attached to my head" you chuckled

"S-S-Sweetheart!?!" She stuttered as she played with your hair.

Anana gave her a side-glance before continuing to sit quietly on your lap as she intertwined multiple different blue flowers into a large flower crown for you. Watching her do it was surprisingly therapeutic.

"Go easy on her Pudding, she's still recovering" Chiffon scolded as shehanded you a drink and sat on the edge of the bed.

"It's alright, really!" You assured "Liv's prep days are a lot worse"

"Don't say that (Y/n)! You'll hurt my feelings!" Liv feigned hurt.

It was your final day of being bedridden and you were overjoyed, not that being bed ridden was all that bad. Liv made it her mission to only leave your side if it was absolutely necessary, and you really appreciated it. Brûlée would occasionally stop by but only for a short time as she was incredibly busy. You found that Katakuri and his brothers would drop by late in the afternoon when they could to share the basket of treats with you and talk about the funniest things. For example Daifuku would literally spend the entire time trying to convince you into installing a daifuku mochi section into your store, while Perospero would tell you embarrassing stories of his younger brothers. Oven would just obsess about oven baked goods and different baking techniques. Katakuri would normally visit early in the morning and late at night so that he didn't always have to wear his scarf to talk. It was nice to have so much company. However your most common visitors were the younger generation of the charlottes. Anana would always pop by with Chiffon and Pudding to learn her knife tricks, and by day 2 she you had to give her knife back, but she had to promise not to chase her sibblings. The twins dropped by with Smoothie to give you some balloons and for Smoothie to offer her thanks.

"Are you excited (Y/ n)? You're gonna be out of bed tomorrow! " Anana smiled up at you.

"I am!" you beamed back with just as much enthusiasm "Though I'm only staying for one more day"

"Don't worry! I can show you the best parts!" Pudding proclaimed

"But I wanted to show ( Y/n) around" Anana pouted.

Tensions rose between the two young girls and you were sat right in the middle of it. You didn't know what to do so you signalled Liv and Chiffon for help. Chiffon struggled to find a way to help you escape your current dilemma however, Liv understood your pleas for help immediately and took it upon herself to make the situation much worse.

"Unfortunately girls (y/n) already has an escort" Liv smirked. "so unless you want to challenge Katakuri for his position, you should accept the fact that you won't be able to rate her around."

'I don't know why I ask for your help sometimes' you wept internally.

"You're quite lucky to have Katakuri for a tour guide, I'm sure he'll treat you with extra care" Chiffon smiled earning a few mods from the youngsters in the room.

'It is kind of exciting ' you thought to yourself

"I'm done (Y/n)!" Pudding announced pulling you out of your thoughts.

"Me too!" Anana stated proudly as she held up a beautifully well done flower crown "Look!"

"it's absolutely gorgeous Anana! I love it!" you complimented before going to look in the hand mirror that Pudding was very eagerly handing to you. "and Pudding... You've really outdone yourself this time! This hairstyle is gorgeous!"

Anana laughed as she went red from the praise however Pudding was not so lucky. Her face literally blew up as she slipped off the bed and passed out on the floor. After making sure that Pudding was still ok you were able to place your origami flower in to middle of the flower crown and place it on your head.

' The edges of my flower look smaller than before.' You thought to yourself before shrugging off the thought 'maybe it's just my imagination'

"Well how do I look?" you gave the best pose you could for someone who was still very much bedridden.

Everyone giggled at your awkward position but offered a small hum of approval. The flower crown with a one sided braid was perfect for you. It suited the whole cake island astetic.

"That's definitely going into the promotional event!" Liv clapped her hands together "I can already feel the ideas coming to me as we speak"

"It really does suit you, well done you two!" Chiffon chimed

"Well the only way to move forward is to be beautiful" Pudding recited with a bit of sadness in her voice.

"I'm sorry what!?" you gawked at her " Where on earth did you hear that?!"

Pudding flinched at your sudden change of attitude but continued to force a smile as she began to elaborate.

"Mama likes different things but she only thinks the pretty things are worth keeping" she explained "creepy things aren't worth her time, that's why we have to try and be pretty"

"That is not true, you're her children! You're already beautiful!"

Pudding displayed a look of disbelief in your words which only made you angrier. You were about to reiterate your words but chiffon placed a hand over yours.

"(y/n) it's ok..." Chiffon smiled sadly "being a Charlotte has its own drawbacks but we have learned to live with it. We're ok"

"living with it doesn't make it right!" Liv fumed.

She was probably just as mad as you, if not worse. Then again being an Amazonian where people only knew her for her rumoured beauty and not her efforts and achievements; you found that these sorts of topics really infuriated her. It's why she refused to return after the mutiny, she vowed to be famous for her own achievements not just her looks. Alivia was going to force the world to acknowledge her efforts. That was the ideal independent woman.

"Beauty shouldn't be measured by uncontrollable features! True beauty comes from your actions" Liv stated "looks and opinions change so quickly but actions... actions last a lifetime"

"Pudding... Chiffon... and even Anana... Listen to me and listen to me good" you placed a hand on both Pudding's and Anana's cheeks so that you could bring them to face you.

"I don't know who told you otherwise and quite frankly, I don't care!" you carefully moved your hand up to brush the hair out of their faces and look them in the eyes. " You just need to know that in my eyes, you're truly beautiful"

For Anana this was just another compliment to the thousands you'd already showered her in. Her ruby red eyes sparkled with an unrivelled sense of joy. Yet for Pudding the only expression that you could clearly identify was disbelief. All three eyes were struggling to process what was real and what wasn't. Just like that all the dams broke and the tears came flowing like gushing rivers. Because for Pudding those few words meant the world.

'She doesn't find me creepy, I'm not a monster, she thinks I'm beautiful even with my eyes.' Was the only thought that was parading around Pudding's mind

"P-P-Pudding! I didn't mean to make you cry!"you panicked "Chiffon! Do you have any tissues!?"

Almost immediately your hands flung into the air as if you were the one that was hurting them. You turned to Chiffon for help, only to her trying to wipe away her own tears.

"Ch-Chiffon!?" you squeaked.

"Calm down (y/n)... Let them get it out of their system" Alivia smiled, seeming satisfied with their reaction. "Can I borrow this?"

Liv didn't even wait for consent, instead she picked up the guitar that was conveniently leaning on the wall beside her and began to strum. You recognised the song instantly.

Liv had written the song for a previous freedom festival but decided not to sing it. Not because it was bad but because it was a duet and she didn't want to share her fame. However the words were heartfelt and very appropriate for this moment. By the end Pudding had calmed in your lap as you stroked her hair with Anana by your side. Chiffon smiled with tears in her eyes at Liv who just gave an encouraging nod of understanding.

'now that's a queen if I ever saw one' you thought proudly 'that's my sister'
——————————————————————————————————————

"Liv?" You breathed as you patted a sleeping Anana

"Mm" she hummed as she continued writing something down in a book.

She'd taken to doing most of her work with you so that she could make sure you weren't alone throughout the day. Another thing to add to your list of gratitude.

"What kind of business are you doing?"  You breathed.

The air felt cold as the scribbling of her pen came to an abrupt stop. Her eyes were covered by her locks of hair and you struggled to read the emotions she was emitting.

"L-Liv?" You ventured which was immediately followed up by.

"I REFUSE TO LET YOU TAKE MY SPOTLIGHT!"

'.... I'm sorry?'

"My job isn't for you (Y/n)! The men are rude and the women are even ruder! And don't get me started on the animals" she ranted before throwing her book to the side and grasping your hand, practically pleading with you "please stick to baking! If you enter my line of work I'll have even more competition!"

"Whoa whoa whoa LIV! I'm not changing my job!" You clarified "I was just interested in the kind of deals your making. Perospero was telling me that you're backed by a lot of strong and dangerous people so I was a little concerned... " you turned your head away almost embarrassed at the thought.

"I see..." she breathed

"(Y/n), I'm not doing shady business, not in my eyes anyway" Liv squeezed your hand to force you to look at her. "Let me explain, in order for our island to remain hidden we can't always accept normal trading deals because they'll be overlooked by the government. So I set up trading deals with people who are more secretive and gained their favour. It just so happened that a lot of those people are leaders of underground business but their very professional. It also helps that Shanks and the revolutionary army has helped to support and protect the conditions our island has"

'She only sells to those people because she wants to keep the island a secret...' you sighed in relief

"What did you think I was a human trafficker?" She whispered dryly

She couldn't even bring herself to joke about it and you couldn't blame her. Instantly you shook your head.

"I just don't want you to get hurt" you admitted

"Coming from the girl in the hospital bed" she chuckled as you flushed.

"Is it so wrong to worry about you!?" You protested as she straightened up and dusted herself.

"Yeah yeah, whatever mum I'm leaving now" Liv chuckled as she stood and swept up a sleeping Anana from you

Chiffon had taken her leave a lot earlier along with Pudding in order to clean up. Anana didn't really get it so she stayed until she fell asleep.

"Katakuri said he won't be able to come by later" she informed. "He's busy making preparations for tomorrow, seen as you'll be spending the whole day with him"

Liv seemed hesitant for a moment but gave you a reassuring smile "just be ready for anything, he promised me four times that he'd look after you, but I'll try and find him again for a fifth"

"Please stop trying to find ways to annoy him Liv or else may retaliate" you laughed.

Her eyes lit up dangerously at the thought. An evil smile slowly forming on her face

"Okay I won't" she lied before leaving the room.

'I'm so sorry Katakuri' you apologised ahead of time.

————————————————————————————————————
Phew I'm done.... I hope this was ok even though it didn't feature any of the main guys! Some of you guys in the comments seem to have low self esteem so I thought I should let you know I'm only evil to beautiful people... SO ENDURE MY WRATH!!!!!

also remember to comment maybe vote and make sure you stay safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

622 22 6
This story is told in third person, but it only shows what the reader goes through. I will be skipping other POVs in the story. This story will be e...
172K 5.9K 55
Luffy became the Pirate King. Yes, the first step towards his true goal in life, but it costs everything precious to him. That was the reason why he...
74K 3.7K 34
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘚𝘓 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘉𝘭𝘶𝘦. "Wanna be our lil sister, Whiny?" Three children living on their own, until the girl's infamous pirate...
94.3K 3.5K 37
Sanji Vinesmoke can't believe he got into the highschool of his dreams, but a overprotective father and a careless jock seem to ruin his day before i...