I Loved You First (Dabi X OC...

By Laraisahufflepuff

Kimiko and Touya were childhood sweethearts. When he ran away she was left heartbroken. This is the story of... More

I Loved You First - Back Story
Chapter 1 - My Parrot is a Vine Star
Chapter 2 - Bird Boy
Chapter 3 - Feathered Punk Steals Yo Girl
Chapter 4 - Peppermint Baby Boi
Chapter 5 - Broccoli's Broken Finger
Chapter 6 - The Four Armed Weirdo
Chapter 7 - From Chicken Little to Papa Bird
Chapter 8 - My baby boy is growing up
Chapter 9 - Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey
Chapter 10- Date with a Flirty BirdBoi
Chapter 11 - Dear Babydoll
Chapter 12 - Don't go BREAK-IN my heart
Chapter 13 - The Return of Broccoli Boi
Chapter 15 - Need for Speed
Chapter 16 - Halloween Now & Then
Chapter 17 -Why Can't We Be Friends
Chapter 18 - A Familiar Face
Chapter 19 Sister from Another (Hothead) Mr.
Chapter 20 - Books from a Birdbrain
Chapter 21 - Heart Eyes Hawks
Chapter 22 - A Blue Haired Stranger
Chapter 23 - Tamaki's Broken Heart
Chapter 24 - The things I heard in the training room
Chapter 25 - The secret life of Keigo Takami
Chapter 26 - Birds of a feather
Chapter 27 - Sports Festivals Suck
Chapter 28 - Oh Brother
Chapter 29 - Hey Babydoll
Chapter 30 - Time to Come Clean
Chapter 31 - What The Hell Just Happened?
Chapter 32 - No Winged Babies Please
Chapter 33 - The Calm before the Storm
Chapter 34 - The Day That Hosu Burned
Chapter 35 - Angry Flame Brain
Chapter 36 - How I Met Your Mother
Chapter 37 - Something to focus on
Chapter 38 - Joining the League
Chapter 39 - Who said summer camp would be relaxing?
Chapter 40 - The night it all went wrong
Chapter 41 - Family Reunion
Chapter 42 - I don't like your new gang
Chapter 43 - Pizza at 2am isn't a good idea
Chapter 44 - A league of their own
Chapter 45 - The Day I Died
Chapter 46 - Waking up alone
Chapter 47 - The Shigaraki Support Group
Chapter 48 - Not Everything Has Changed
Chapter 49 - This is why we don't commit robbery
Chapter 50 - Sorry to crash your party
Chapter 51 - Welcome Home
Chapter 52 - Coming Clean
Chapter 53 - What the heart wants
Chapter 54 - Our new home looks like and Amazon warehouse
Chapter 55 - Necklaces are gender neutral
Chapter 56 - Songbird
Chapter 57 - A tissue a tissue, we all fall down
Chapter 58 - Half-hot half-cold party
Chapter 59 - Wanna join my gang?
Chapter 60 - Our new son
Chapter 61 - Eavesdropping isn't always bad
Chapter 62 - An unconditional kind of love
Chapter 63 - Take your shoes off in this household
Chapter 64 - It's rude to show up uninvited
Chapter 65 - Mistakes were made
Chapter 66 - Tales of the big silly red bird
Chapter 67 - Prison break fail
Chapter 68 - A bond with the devil
Chapter 69 - Rate your stay on trip advisor
Chapter 70 - What a reunion
Chapter 71 - Fast and Furious mom
Chapter 72 - The amazing Tamaki
Chapter 73 - A new possible life
Dabi's Ending
Hawks Ending

Chapter 14 - Coffee with the Bird Brain

1.3K 42 20
By Laraisahufflepuff

Kimi's POV

I returned home and after feeding Peanut, fell into a dreamless sleep on my couch, trying to forget about the day that had passed. Work had been a long and tiring even if it ended earlier than usual. The media had not heard about what happened yet but I wasn't looking forward to the frenzy that tomorrow would bring.

*** Time Skip***

My alarm actually went off on time (praise be to Captain Levi!) however sleeping on the couch had left my lower back and neck stiff.

"Urgh why didn't I sleep in bed?!" I moan stretching and cracking my back in the process. Peanut gave a loud screech having been rudely woken up by the sound of my back cracking.

"Sorry baby!" I called getting his breakfast together before starting my morning routine. I turned the TV on in the background for noise but soon came to an abrupt stop listening to the news anchor speaking about the USJ attack.

"How can an institution tasked with the protection of our children allow something like this to happen? We have pro-heroes working there. Even All Might works there, and yet they put our children at risk. Maybe it's time we reconsider whether UA is a reliable source of education for our young people..." I turned the TV off, not wanting to listen to this idiot anymore.

Did he seriously think UA just let this happen? UA have top grade security. This has never happened before, so they can't just act as though we are throwing the students into the arms of villains!

Then again I can understand why people are so on edge. I had sent Shoto an excessive amount of text messages on my way home to make sure he was all right, even though I knew no students were hurt. But the idea of my little Shoto being hurt made my head spin.
Even people with no connection to UA would feel shook about the attack. With All Might around, we have all gotten comfortable. We expect the world around us to be safe. The fear I felt after seeing All Might injured slowly overcame me again and I shivered slightly.

I waved goodbye to Peanut and made my way out closing my door and making sure it was secure after my recent break in. Although the police were lovely about the whole thing, they had told me they were dropping the case as nothing was taken and the blood didn't match with anything in their system.

As thoughts of the break in and the USJ attack ran through my head I could feel my anxiety rising. I walked out of my apartment complex but as I rounded the corner I crashed into a firm chest falling slightly backwards only to be held up by a firm hand around my waist.

"This you falling for me Babybird?" Hawks said with a playful wink. He placed me back on my feet and straightened up with a smile. He was in his hero gear but I have never seen him around this area on my commute before.

"You wish but I think you showing up at my apartment may say something about you falling for me!" I grin back starting to walk with him towards the train station.

"Umm yeah about that .... haha. I heard about what happened at UA and I just wanted to make sure you were okay? ... And maybe walk you to the station?" He asked scratching the back of his head awkwardly, a faint blush painted across his face.

"Aww that's really sweet Hawks! Yeah I'd like that, plus I like that you said walk and not fly." I smiled looping my arm through his as we walked.

"Well we can always fly if you really want to?" He asked laughing as my eyes widened in panic. I felt slightly calmer after my first flight with Hawks but I'm not running late today and not willing to go sky high just yet.

"I'll take that as a no. Well have you figured out what our next date is going to be?" He smiled.

"Well, I'll ask you this... can you drive?" I watched his eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Baby I have wings, why would I need wheels?" Hawks asked with a cocky grin.

"Because a race track opened up not too far from UA and I was thinking we could try go-karting?" I say hesitantly, beginning to question whether his wings will fit in a go-kart.

"That sounds awesome! How about we make a bet? If I win you have to give me a kiss!" Hawks winked playfully making me roll my eyes.

"And if I win?" I ask equally as cocky.

"Well I mean I don't think you will, and with that bet I don't think you want to. But I'll do whatever you want!" He smirked. Why does everything he says sound so flirtatious?

"Fine, if I win you buy me a book!" I say with a determined nod. I had re-read all the novels currently littering my bedroom floor and was in desperate need of new reading material.

"All right, bit of a strange request when you can have anything in the world but okay!" He said shaking his head slightly at my requested prize.

"Excuse you but a book practically is a whole world, it just lies between the pages is all!" I say in defence of all my fellow book worms.

"That was ... strangely poetic Babybird," he mused our hands now connected and swinging carelessly between us as we walked.

We continued to talk about our upcoming date until we finally reached the train station and Hawks let out a dramatic sigh.
"Guess this is us, unless you want to fly, the offer still stands?" He asked with somewhat hopeful eyes even if he knew my answer.

"I think I'll pass, but thanks for walking me here today Hawks. It was sweet and I really appreciate it." I say with a smile, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and running into the station. As I looked over my shoulder to wave goodbye I spotted Hawks cupping his cheek with a noticable blush across his usually cocky face. I couldn't help but giggle as I began to board my train and prepare for the hell that was UA post USJ attack.

Although the students were given the day off, because of yesterday's events, staff were still asked to go in and attend a briefing from the principal on the tighter security measures to be implemented. I thought that the lack of students meant the media would back off, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Swarms of reporters lined the gates of UA in the hope of interviewing the staff. I gripped my bag tightly and pushed through the crowd ignoring their calls.

Making my way swiftly towards the infirmary I mentally prepared myself for the hard day ahead. Aisawa was in a terrible condition when I last saw him and I don't expect him to have improved much in the space of one night. But upon entering the infirmary I was surprised to see him sitting up, although still wrapped like a mummy.

"Morning Aisawa, how're you feeling?" I call walking up to him and placing my bag on the chair opposite his bed. Aisawa just turns his head in my direction and mumbles out what I think was "too loud".

"Opps, sorry!" I say grabbing my energy drink out of my bag. I am not going to be thwarted by that vending machine again so I came prepared.
"If you want I can start healing you now? That way you should be up and about by the end of the day." I smile trying to put him at ease. I know that Aizawa is a pretty serious man and we certainly didn't have a friendly relationship, but he was my still my patient and it's my job to put him at ease.

"Sure" he mumbles behind the bandages. With that I began removing them, starting with his head and trying not to visibly react to the sight of the dried and congealed blood matting his face.
His eyes were badly swollen and inflamed, meaning he more than likely wouldn't be able to see me, but just in case I kept my face neutral.

"Okay, this might feel a little warm but it will start to cool down after your skin starts to mend." I say carefully placing my hands against his eyelids and activating my quirk. I watch him flinch initially but slowly he relaxes, as the swelling and redness decreases.

The blood vessels around his eyes had experienced quite the trauma and getting them back into a healthy condition without inducing an internal bleed would be difficult with ordinary medical attention. But this would also mean I would be pretty sleepy by the end of the day. Within a few minutes the skin surrounding his eyes had healed completely and his optic nerve was back to tip top condition. Whilst I was there I decided to help enhance his tear ducts to reduce the level of dry eye he often complains about.

"Okay, that should be your eyes healed. Can you try opening them and looking around for me to make sure your vision is alright?" I ask moving back slightly to give him more space.

I watch him slowly open his eyes and look around the room. His hair was still matted in blood and the rest of his face was almost purple with bruising but he looked better than before.

"Any blurred vision, or floaters?" I asked a little concerned that he hadn't said anything.

"No." He said in a raspy voice. I suppose he hasn't been able to drink anything with his mouth bandaged up. I grab a water bottle and straw from my bag, proud of myself for being so prepared today, and helped him take a drink to soothe his dry throat.

"Well let's get started on the rest of your head this morning. About mid-day Recovery Girl will take over to give me a chance to rest and fix All Might's stitches, then I'll pick up with you on the rest of your body this afternoon." I say planning out my day, already excited to take a nap when I get home.

"Sounds good. Thanks Kita" he muttered out, sounding a lot better after consuming the water. Unlike most of the teachers at UA, Aizawa and principle Nezu never called me by my first name, no matter how much I insisted they do. I think it's one of the reasons I feel slightly awkward around them, there is a professional guard placed between us at all times. I began healing the rest of his face and head, hopefully he will be able to wash his hair and get the blood out before we re-apply the bandages.

"Sooo... what actually happened yesterday? You don't have to talk about it if you aren't comfortable!" I say waving my hands worrying that I may be making him re-live a traumatic experience, though at the same time I really want to hear about what happened from someone who was there.

"They came out of a warp-gate. Villain after villain. Mostly small time thugs but we've linked the ring leader back the the League of Villains. Nezu will probably explain everything later at the briefing, but they had something with them. I've never seen anything like it before. It had multiple quirks. It gave All Might a run for his money. But whatever it is, let's just hope the League doesn't have anymore." He said thickly. I had heard of the League of Villains before, but from what I could remember they hadn't caused many problems since All Might came on the scene.

"This thing with multiple quirks, is that the bird-man All Might was talking about?"

"Ha yeah 'bird-man' might be putting it politely. It had muscles to spare and an exposed brain." Aisawa replied darkly making me shiver at the thought of such a powerful creature.

As I finished off healing Aisawa's head wounds I brought in a small portable sink and told him I would have to wash his hair to remove the left over blood and prevent infection. As apprehensive as he was initially he soon relaxed and fell soundly asleep within the first two minutes. Damn I wish my hair was this silky. Now that his hair and face were free of excess blood, he actually looked quite handsome. I had never really gotten a close look at the reserved hero, he always seemed so intimidating. But seeing his sleeping face this close up was pretty adorable. Sadly I had to wake him up to dry his hair, though he didn't seem to mind and ended up falling asleep again as I brushed it out and tied it back into a low bun. Recovery Girl walked in during this and managed to snap a picture of the sleeping hero claiming she could 'use this as blackmail if he keeps letting his students injure themselves'.

I lazily lay on one of the medical beds munching on strawberry pocky to try and gain more energy after a busy day of using my quirk. Damn it's been a while since I had to work this hard, and there aren't even any students here! Just as I popped another picky stick into my mouth All Might walked through the infirmary doors and sat down at the foot of the medical bed, stealing one of my pocky sticks and starting to munch on it.

"Thanks for the pocky, so you going to fix my stitches? He asked in a mocking fashion.

"Whatever number one!" I laughed rolling my eyes before getting up to gather the necessary supplies. Thankfully, I was just removing his old stitches and putting on new desolvable ones so I didn't have to use my quirk again.

"Well you going to tell me why Broccoli boy knows about your Small Might form?" I ask as I start working on his scarred stomach.

"By Broccoli boy, I take it you mean young Midoriya? Well he - wait Small Might?" He asks giving me a deadpan look.

"Stop avoiding the question!" I say sticking my tongue out at him.

"That attack a few months ago, the one the media called the 'sludge monster attack', he saw me in my weaker form, but he promised to keep it a secret. He's a good kid, I trust that he won't tell anyone." He looked like he was keeping something from me but it wasn't really my place to press him on it.

"Yeah he seems like a good kid. He cries way more than normal, but he's a good kid". I say lightly shaking my head.

***Time Skip***

Apart from treating Aizawa and All Might the day was uneventful. Even the lecture from Nezu didn't bring with it much excitement and was more focused on warning us about the media frenzy that was waiting for us upon the students return. However, a certain bird brain was able to lighten up my day by constantly sending me pick up lines, some a lot worse than others.
Once again my phone buzzed and I didn't have to look to know who it was.

Papa Bird 🐓
Hey Babybird! How's your day going? xx

Kimi
Hey Hawks! It's good, no students are in today so it's pretty quiet (if you ignore the reporters outside) How's hero-ing? 😊

Papa Bird 🐓
It's all good, though I've managed to get hurt... wanna kiss it better? 😘

Kimi
Not how my quirk works, but are you actually hurt? What happened? 😮

Papa Bird 🐓
Just a few cuts and bruises... if I'm being honest I just want another excuse to see you xx

Kimi
Aww that's sweet! Are you free after 4PM? We can grab a coffee if you want?

Papa Bird 🐓
That would be awesome! I'll pick you up outside UA, I know just the cafe! 😘

Kimi
Perfect, I'll see you then! xx

I starred down at the last message I sent. I haven't used kisses in texts for years but it felt right with Hawks. I started to get giddy, much to Aizawa's annoyance.

"Why are you smiling at your phone like an idiot?" Aizawa asked, clearly annoyed that Recovery Girl and I had re-bandaged his face as his skin would remain sensitive for at least the next few weeks.

"Nothing just ... memes. Anyway how are you feeling?" I ask trying to avoid the question.

"Me-mes? I'm fine now, the old lady's thorough in her treatment." He says shaking his head and making me laugh remembering Recovery Girl planting kisses all over his face only stopping to lecture him on safety.

"Oh stop your complaining and just go back to sleep! Oh Kimi dear you can finish up if you want, you've used your quirk a lot today and I don't want you over-doing it." Recovery Girl sweetly smiled at me, her voice in sharp contrast to the harsh tone she just used with Aizawa.

"Really? If you're sure! I'll see you both tomorrow, have a nice evening!" I say grabbing my bag and making my way to the front gates of UA before Recovery Girl could change her mind. It was still only 3:30pm so I still had a bit of time to kill before Hawks got here. Thankfully, the crowd of reporters had died down and the usually busy street outside the UA gates stood still.

I always wondered what it would be like to have attended the hero course at UA. Upon turning 15 I applied for UA, much to Touya's annoyance. He had always had a hatred for the school stemming from his father being one of the school's alumni. However, I had no chance of making it into the hero course. Instead I joined the support course and got the opportunity to intern with Recovery Girl, which really set me up for the road I'm on now. But a part of me always wonders what it would have been like to be a real hero.

"Is there an airport nearby or is it my heart taking off?" A voice whispers in my right ear. Instinctively I whip around to face them, my bag hitting them in the arm as I do.

"Nice to see you haven't changed your favourite way to greet me Babybird!" Hawks says with a smirk dusting off my bag.

"Likewise, Mr. 'I whisper in womens ears'" I say looping my arm through his as we begin to walk.

"Did you at least like the pick up line?" He asked with hopeful eyes. I placed my hand on my chin pretending to consider it carefully.

"It wasn't the worst I've ever heard I'll give you that." I smiled.

"Well in that case ... I was feeling a little off today but you have definitely turned me on" he said with a wink as I started choking on air.

"Now that is the worst one I've ever heard!" I laugh trying to stop the red hue from spreading across my face. I swear this man will give me a nose bleed if he keeps this up.

"Oh there is a lot more where that came from baby bird! Damn, I love making you flustered, you make the cutest face!" He says poking my cheek which just makes me more flustered. 'Two can play at that game', I thought as we headed into a small cafe.

"Hi there! What can I get you both?" A small girl with purple hair asked us once we sat down.

"Hi can I have a small cinnamon latte please?" I asked scanning the menu which was written on the board behind her shoulder.

"No problem, and you sir?" She asked Hawks after jotting down my order.

"Can I get a large hot chocolate with extra marshmallows and a mountain of cream please?!" Hawks said shooting her finger guns. She looked at him like he had two heads before writing down his order and leaving.

"I think she judged me for my order" Hawks mumbled with a pout. He had scooted his chair close to mine and seemed unaware that he started playing with my fingers.

"Well you did want a mountain of cream ... not that you need it, you're sweet enough" I say with a wink. Let the war of the pick up lines begin.
Hawks seemed a little surprised at my flirtatious reply but laughed it off, even with a noticable pink blush on his cheeks.

"Looks like I need to up my pick up lines with you baby bird!" He smiled as our barista came back with our drinks. When Hawks said a mountain of cream, they took it seriously. The cream was taller than the glass and looked to be about to collapse in on itself any second. Hawks upon seeing this lifted up a spoon and started to shovel the cream into his mouth before it could melt over the table.
I couldn't help but laugh as he looked back up at me, his face covered in cream and cocoa powder.

"You got a little something there" I said indicating to his cheek watching him touch every part of his face apart from the half that was covered in cream.

Thinking up a perfect way to flustered him I take a napkin and wipe most of the excess cream, leaving a small spot just beside his mouth. I maintained eye contact whilst I cupped his jaw with the napkin before leaning in and placing a lingering kiss just beside his mouth tasting the sweet whipped cream. As I pulled back I could see his face was glowing with a red hue. He began to let out a stutter before composing himself and returning to his cocky grin.

"Thanks Babybird, but I think you missed with that kiss" he said wiggling his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

"Yeah, yeah, not just yet bird brain," I smiled taking a sip of my coffee and feeling proud of myself for not getting flustered with what had just happened.

"There is actually something I wanted to ask you... you know how I walked you to the station this morning... well I was thinking maybe we could make this like a regular thing?" He asked hesitantly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'd like that! Besides how could I refuse a daily escort to work by the famous winged hero?" I laughed seeing him release a breath I didn't know he was holding.

"But I am curious, is this all because of what happened at the USJ? You know I wasn't actually there right?" I said lightly stirring my coffee and watching the cinnamon dusting get lost in the depths of the latte beneath.

"I know, but I'm just a little concerned about you. If they can attack the USJ, then they are specifically targeting UA. Besides, I like hearing your voice in the morning." Hawks said, his usual smirk replaced with a sweet smile as he once again reached for my hand and gave it a light squeeze.

Like our first date, we spent far too long talking and after feeling the harsh glare of the tired cafe staff we quickly took our leave apologising as we went.

"I think this is starting to become our thing" Hawks said as we walked through the cold streets, one of his wings wrapped around me, pulling me flush against his side.

"What? Pissing off waiting staff?" I said with a laugh, still feeling a little guilty.

"Yup! Though I regret nothing, I got to spend the whole evening with my Babybird!" He chuckled as I looked away embarrassed at his admission.

"How about I fly you home? I know you're tired. I promise I won't drop you kid!" He said watching me debating whether to take him up on his offer or not.

"Okay but only because it's cold!" I say as I move behind him to get on his back. However, I stop suddenly as Hawks turns to me and begins taking off his fur lined jacket.

"Here you go" he smiles putting his jacket on me and zipping it up. It was a little big, though clearly snug in the chest region for obvious reasons, but overall felt unbelievably warm. Once I was zipped up Hawks stepped back and grinned. His skin tight black shirt clung to his body, giving a clear outline of his muscular physique.

"Damn Babybird, I should have given you my jacket sooner!" He says with a smug grin before turning around and allowing me to climb into his back. His hands once again rested at the top of my thighs whilst my arms found their way around this neck. It felt strange to be wearing his jacket whilst we flew home. For a split second I felt like a real hero. But it ended all to soon when we touched back down on the damp concrete outside my apartment building.

"And here we are my lady!" Hawks said as he squatted down and allowed me to slide off his back. I removed his jacket with a small "thank you" already missing the warmth and calming scent it provided.

"Thanks for the coffee Hawks, I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning?" I smile watching him shrug his jacket back on.

"Can't wait baby bird, sweet dreams." He whispered before placing a feather light kiss on my forehead and flying off again into the darkened sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 887 30
"An epidemic has broken out throughout half of Ireland! A viral infection that has drove people to attack each other! Everyone is advised to stay ind...
313K 6.4K 51
People wanted a Keith x reader so I give you a Keith x reader enjoy
282K 9.3K 19
Asuga Azumane, the twin sister of Asahi and libero of the Karasuno girl's volleyball team, has a secret. A secret she has been holding in ever since...
244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...