Here We Are

Per universebunny

"We don't need things like memories" ~~~~~ Being one of Inarizaki's Volleyball managers is tough, the countle... Més

Prologue
Chapter 1: Routines
Chapter 2: I'll work hard!
Chapter 3: Foxes
Chapter 4: You haven't changed
Chapter 5: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa
Chapter 6: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa Part 2
Chapter 7: Code Blue
Chapter 8: Tokyo Teams
Chapter 9: Sakusa Kiyoomi
Chapter 10: Itachiyama Volleyball Club
Chapter 11: Tomorrow
Chapter 12: Seize Your Moment
Chapter 13: Behold Today's Champions
Chapter 14: Winners and Losers
Chapter 15: Summer
Chapter 16: Second-Year Shenanigans
Chapter 17: In Due Time
Chapter 18: And So It Begins.
Chapter 19: Reprise
Chapter 20: Turn it Around
Chapter 21: Intense Force
Chapter 22: The struggles of the weak-willed
Chapter 23: The 'Talented'
Chapter 24: Rivals
Chapter 25: Simple, Pure Strength
Chapter 26: Until We Meet Again
Chapter 27: Consequences
Chapter 28: Atsumu and Y/N
Chapter 29: Through the Time
Chapter 30: Rerun
Chapter 31: Love/Expectations
Chapter 32: Where Monsters Go
Chapter 33: Care
Chapter 34: Not Alone
Chapter 35: It'll soon be Spring
Chapter 36: Solitude
Chapter 37 - Finally Here; The Starting Point
Chapter 38: Challengers
Chapter 39: This is War
Chapter 40: Monster's Banquet
Chapter 41: Captain
Chapter 42: The Promised Place
Chapter 43: The Day of Change
Chapter 44: Those Who Have Lost
Chapter 45: Solace
Chapter 46: Our Spring Comes To An End
Chapter 47: Love
Chapter 49: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 50: Rebirth
Chapter 51: Room to Grow
Chapter 52: Change
Chapter 53: Synergy
Chapter 54: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 55: Awkward
Chapter 56: Pushing Forward
Chapter 57: The Bonds We Make
Chapter 58: Preparations
Chapter 59: One Step Forward

Chapter 48: Thank you, goodbye.

4.5K 331 608
Per universebunny

Inarizaki High School
6 March 2013

"Didja hafta bring flowers?" Atsumu groans as Y/N rolls her eyes.

"It's a nice gesture, and it's also tradition for our volleyball club. Second years give third years flowers at graduation. Kita-senpai and the other third years gave their senpai's flowers last year." Y/N states matter-of-factly as Atsumu groans once again.

"Do I have to??"

"Grow up." Osamu deadpans as he sighs. "They had to deal with us for the past two years, so it's the least we could do."

"Plus, Y/N and Kagawa-chan put so much effort into preparing the flowers, so rather than complainin' we should be thankin' them." Ginjima says as he elbows Atsumu. "So, thanks Y/N!"

"Yer welcome, Hitoshi." Y/N smiles sweetly before dropping her smile and turning to Atsumu with dead eyes. "Why can't you be like that?"

"...But it's embarrassing." Atsumu mutters under his breath.

"What's embarrassing?"

"EEEEK!!!" Atsumu screams as he turns around in shock. "Ginko-chan! You scared me!"

Kagawa raises her eyebrow as she walks up to them and looks at Atsumu. "What's embarrassing?"

"He thinks it's embarrassing to-"

"Nothing! Nothing at all! Shut it Suna!" Atsumu laughs sheepishly as Y/N and Kagawa sigh.

"Well, I already gave Kosaku-kun and the others some flowers for the third years, so it's just the regulars and Kita-san left." Kagawa says. "So, who's giving who flowers?"

"Wait, we're giving them individually??"

"You four have to give the four third years flowers, I don't care who you pick, just pick and go." Y/N deadpans.

"I dibs Oomimi-san." Suna says instantly as Y/N nods.

"I-"

"I dibs Aran-kun." Osamu interrupts as he elbows Atsumu, smirking slightly as Atsumu gasps in offence.

"...Guess I'll give Akagi-san flowers then." Ginjima chuckles sheepishly as they all turn their eyes to Atsumu.

"Wait, then who's... who..." Atsumu trails off in realisation as he stares at the floor, distraught. "No. Nonononono please! Please! 'Samu let's swap!"

"No, have fun." Osamu smirks as Atsumu grabs his shoulders and starts shaking him vigorously.

"Nonono I can't do this! Suna?? Gin???"

"Have fun~" Suna chimes helpfully as Atsumu collapses onto the floor.

"What if I mess up and give flowers wrong??"

"How do you... give flowers wro... Y'know what? Nevermind." Kagawa sighs as she shakes her head. "Anyway, you guys needa hide the flowers in yer lockers or something. We needa get back to our classes so we can get seated for the ceremony. Let's go L/N-chan!"

"Later guys, have fun with the flowers~" Y/N smiles as she leaves with Kagawa to get to their class, ignoring Atsumu's pleading eyes.

"Why's he bein' so dramatic about this? It's just giving some flowers?" Kagawa chuckles as Y/N shrugs.

"It's Atsumu, he's always dramatic about everything."

"Ah, right."

The two Inarizaki managers fall into an awkward silence as they head to their classroom, not having anything to say to each other. Soon, the third year's graduation ceremony will commence, and then they'll all be given the opportunity to say their goodbyes.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Seated amongst her fellow second years, Y/N glances around as she takes note of the teachers dressed formally, with some in black suits while others dressed kimonos and hakamas. After a quick scan, Y/N spots Coach Kurosu and Coach Oomi directly across from where she's seated, dressed in suits rather than their usual sports attire.

Turning around, Y/N glances behind at the back of the room to see the family section, she's not entirely sure who anyone is, but there is one person that she recognises.

Kita Yumie. Kita's grandma came to his graduation.

Turning back to the front, Y/N takes a deep breath as she smiles slightly.

It must be nice to have family that cares.

The Inarizaki band starts to play as the third year homeroom teachers enter, wearing their kimonos as they lead their classes in, standing before their seats and sitting as a class when directed.

Out of the four third years that Y/N knows the best, Ojiro is the first to enter. Filing in with his class as he wears his school uniform, slightly different from the team jersey that she's so used to seeing him wearing. A few rows ahead of her, Y/N spots the twins subtly waving at him from their seats. He's not going to wave back at this formal event, but judging from his small smile, she thinks he saw them.

Class 6 follows after Class 5 and Akagi is the next to enter, smiling as he takes his seat a little behind and to the side of Ojiro, looking as cheerful as always. Some things never change.

And finally, Class 7 enters. Kita and Oomimi stand beside each other as they enter and take their seats, sitting upright in their school uniform as the ceremony officially commences.

Standing up, everyone stands to sing the Japanese National Anthem and Inarizaki High School's Song before taking their seats as the principal gives a quick speech. Once he's finished, each homeroom teacher calls the names of their students as they stand up and answer. Somehow, it quickly became a competition amongst the more enthusiastic students to see who could yell the loudest.

"Ojiro Aran."

"Yes!"

Ojiro stands as the rest of his classmates get called and stand as well before it's time to move on to Class 6.

"Akagi Michinari."

"YES!"

Akagi grins as some of his classmates start laughing, still entertained by Akagi's enthusiasm before their class finishes up and they take their seats.

Y/N smiles slightly as she watches Class 7's homeroom teacher enter the stage, wearing her kimono as she calls each of her students individually.

"Kita Shinsuke."

"Yes."

Kita stands upright as he faces the front, Y/N can't help but wonder if he's smiling or not. Glancing behind her, Y/N notices his grandma beaming brightly as she watches her grandson.

"Oomimi Ren."

"Yes."

Oomimi stands just slightly to the side of Kita as the rest of Class 7 stands, one of the students approaches the principal at the podium and formally receives the diplomas on behalf of the students.

Speeches follow as Y/N tries her best to pay attention, but she can't help spacing out as the principal drones on, getting distracted as she sees Atsumu a few rows ahead of her starting to fall asleep as Ginjima keeps elbowing him in attempts to wake him up.

A second year takes the stage as she addresses her upperclassmen and gives her farewell speech, before a third year take his turn addressing the audience on behalf of the graduating class.

Kita stands before everyone as he gives his speech.

"Good morning, everyone. These are the words I have used to greet many of you over the past three years as we spent time together at this school. It's amazing that this school has brought so many of us together as we are seated here today, and I am proud to be able to call myself a classmate and friend to so many of you."

"I came to Inarizaki High School three years ago having been scouted by this school's volleyball coach, and I think many of you are aware that I am now the Captain. Soon, I'll be able to proudly say that I was the Captain."

"Our volleyball club's official banner reads; 'We don't need things like memories', in times like this, I am not sure if I agree. We will continue moving forward as we enter the next stages of our lives; things will change as we leave our memories of Inarizaki behind. Yet at the same time, these memories have woven into our minds as they make us who we are today, and will make who we become tomorrow and the days that follow."

"The future is unclear, but we have prepared carefully and properly for it, we are all built upon the small things we do every day, and here we are with the results."

"Third years, please turn around and face our second years, the future of Inarizaki. These are the students who will follow in our footsteps as we take our first steps outside of high school."

The third years turn around to face them as Y/N takes a deep breath, seeing many of them in tears.

Ojiro pinches his eyes shut as tears stream down his face, still standing tall.

Akagi also scrunches his face up as small tears form in the corner of his eyes, he's trying his hardest not to cry.

Oomimi is the most composed out of the three, although there are tears in his eyes as he smiles slightly.

"Three years, that is how long we have spent our time together as we studied here, as we made memories together. Three years sounds like such a long time, but now that we're here... I'm wishin' I had a little longer, wishin' we could have spent more time together. But it's time to say our goodbyes."

"We have each overcome our own difficulties, yet here we stand amongst one another, here we are."

"I'm proud to have attended Inarizaki High School with all of you."

In that moment, Kita smiles.

"Thank you for everything, and goodbye."

'Since we entered this school, years have already passed.'

'We reminisce our precious days and realise how quickly time has flown by.'

'Now is the time that we must part.'

'We're starting out from here, we're leaving here.'

'Farewell, our school.'

'Now is the time to say goodbye.'

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Y/N waits outside with the rest of the volleyball as they wait for the third years to be let out of their final homeroom class, she's unable to keep still as she keeps fiddling with her fingers, feeling restless. The third years will be let out of their homerooms soon, and then total chaos will commence.

"So... we still hafta give the flowers, right?"

"Yes." Everyone deadpans instantly as Atsumu groans.

"Argh, fine!"

"Wait, they're comin'!"

The third years start the exist their classrooms as the Inarizaki first and second years go wild, screaming, chanting and crying as the third years laugh and approach their representative clubs to say their goodbyes.

"It sure is noisy, as always." Ojiro chuckles as a few of the first years start crying and latch onto him, causing him to laugh as he pats their backs. "I take it you'll all be sad to see me go?"

"Of course we are, Aran-kun." Osamu rolls his eyes as he smiles slightly, giving him the flowers. "Congratulations for graduatin'."

"Congrats Aran-kun!" Atsumu cheers as Ojiro laughs and hugs the two troublesome twins.

"I've know ya since you were runts, and now I'm graduatin'... Time really flies." Ojiro chuckles before noticing the flowers that Atsumu's holding. "...Those for Kita?"

"...Shut it!" Atsumu groans as Ojiro and Osamu start laughing at him.

"I can't wait to see you give them to him!" Ojiro laughs as Atsumu pouts and blushes.

"Tch... where is Kita-san anyway? Why didn't he come with ya?"

"Kita's with his grandma, he's showing her around the school and will return soon." Oomimi states before turning and smiling as Suna wordlessly gives him some flowers as well. "Thank you."

"Congratulations on your graduation..." Suna mutters as he awkwardly avoids eye contact. "I learnt a lot under your care, so thank you for that. I'll lead Inarizaki's blocking, following after your example."

Smiling, Oomimi nods as he pats Suna's shoulder. "I look forward to it."

"Wow, everyone sure is sappy." Akagi chuckles as Ginjima approaches him and bows.

"Thank you for everything, Akagi-san!"

"Aww thanks!" Akagi cheers as he accepts the flowers. "It's been great lookin' after all of ya, all I can really say is, I enrolled at the school, single, and now I'm graduating, still single."

Ojiro facepalms as Oomimi chuckles.

"Akagi! We're all still single!"

"I know! It's so sad!" Akagi groans before he and Ojiro start laughing. "I pray that at least one of you second years isn't single anymore, by the time you graduate."

"Uhh, Kosaku has a girlfriend." Suna comments.

"Other than him!"

"What's going on here?"

The first and second years gasp as they turn around. "KITA-SAN!!"

"Oh? Your teammates are lovely, Shin-chan." Yumie chuckles as Kita smiles at her.

"They are, granny. Are you tired? Do you need to sit down somewhere?"

"Oh I'll be fine, you should spend your time with your teammates. Don't worry about me." Yumie smiles as Kita nods.

"Let me know if you need anythin', granny."

"Alright." She chuckles as the coaches approach her and start talking.

"I apologise for takin' so long, but I wanted to show granny around the school on my last day." Kita informs as they smile.

"There's nothin' to apologise for, Kita!" Ojiro chuckles before grabbing Atsumu's arm. "Although, Atsumu has something he really wants to give you."

Suna snorts as he takes out his phone and starts filming, snickering behind the camera as Osamu and the rest of the team enjoy the free entertainment.

"I- uhh... y'know... um... here!" Atsumu shoves the flowers into Kita's arms before instantly retracting his hands and awkwardly smiling.

Blinking in surprise, Kita holds the flowers in his arms before smiling slightly. "Who forced you?"

"N-No one! I wanted to give them!" Atsumu insists as Kita laughs.

"Pu-haha! Alright, if you say so." Kita smiles as he looks up at Atsumu. "It's been a pleasure takin' care of you and the rest of the team, both as captain and as an upperclassman. I look forward to seeing how you all grow next year."

Atsumu stiffly nods a few times as he tries to think of something to say in response. "I umm... I know I caused a lot of trouble, and stuff... but uhh... Thank you for takin' care of me."

Kita smiles as he chuckles. "It's been a pleasure."

"Alright photo time!" Kagawa and Inoue announce as they take out their cameras. "Line up, we're gonna take a million photos."

"Ohhh us first!" Atsumu cheers as he drags Osamu along. "Let's take a picture with Aran-kun first, then everyone else!"

"Calm down, there's plenty of time to take as many pictures as you want." Y/N chuckles. "Let's just take our time, there's no rush."

A lot of individual and group photos get taken as the first and second years float around the third years, saying their final goodbyes before dispersing to say goodbye to the other third years at the school.

With only the main group and the coaches remaining, Y/N smiles as she watches Suna and Akagi take a wide variety of silly pictures together, using Ginjima as their camera man as Oomimi chuckles. The twins spend their time annoying Ojiro as they also take a lot of silly pictures.

Kita approaches Coach Kurosu as he bows, opening his bag to take out a small flower arrangement.

"Thank you, for askin' me to join Inarizaki." Kita says as he graciously hands him the gift. "Thank you for seein' the potential in me, even back in middle school when I didn't own the uniform, for putting your faith in me as you invited me to join Inarizaki, for putting your faith in me as you made me Captain..."

"Thank you, I'm grateful for everythin' you've done for me, Coach." Kita smiles as Coach Kurosu smiles and starts tearing up in response.

"Ahh... Shinsuke." Coach Kurosu chuckles as he shakes his head. "Look at ya, you've grown up so well. Even in middle school you showed signs of great leadership. You're effective in everythin' you do, and precise in everythin' you say. You've always been diligent, and you've put everythin' into doin' everything right. And now that yer a third year... now that yer graduating..."

Coach Kurosu sniffles slightly as he claps Kita on the shoulder. "Shinsuke, you've grown up so well, I'm so proud of how you've led our team as Cap'n. Lookin' at ya now... I can see that yer brimming with confidence."

"I have no doubts that you have a bright future ahead."

"Thank you." Kita smiles, as he bows one last time. "I wouldn't have made it this far without you."

"You got yer hands full next year, Y/N." Ojiro chuckles as he takes a picture with her. "I mean, you had yer hands full this year as well, but things are just gonna get more hectic from now on."

"I know." Y/N chuckles as she shakes her head, looking at the twins as she and Ojiro sigh in exasperation. "We're gonna become the senpai's soon..."

"And I'm gonna be free!" Ojiro laughs. "I got scouted by some great teams, so I'm gonna think carefully before I decide and accept."

"I look forward to watchin' yer games, Aran-senpai."

"Thanks." He chuckles before pulling Y/N into a hug. "Thanks for spendin' so much time with the team and bein' so dedicated, you really didn't needa, but we're all very grateful."

"Oh... it's no problem..." Y/N mutters as Ojiro shakes his head.

"I really mean it y'know. It's not easy dealin' with us, especially the twins and Suna, but ya still stayed with us." Ojiro smiles as he pats her back. "I look forward to watchin' ya grow even more, and don't listen to what yer parents say, I can't wait to see where your art takes you. I'm rootin' for ya, 'kay?"

"'Kay..." Y/N shakily nods in response as she smiles. "Thank you for takin' care of me, these past two years."

"The pleasure's all mine." Ojiro grins before turning around and sighing in exasperation. "You twins! That's my bag!"

"Aran never catches a break." Oomimi chuckles as he approaches Y/N. "He says he'll be free now that he's graduating, but I doubt he'll ever be able to escape the twins."

"I don't think he'll ever be free either." Y/N chuckles as Oomimi smiles.

"I'd say the same about you, I don't think you'll ever be free from the grasps of the club." Oomimi chuckles as Y/N sighs and pouts. "Thank you for all yer hard work."

"Thank you for takin' care of me." Y/N smiles in response.

"Sayin' my farewells have taken much longer than anticipated, Ren." Kita states as he approaches them. "Although, I suppose I'm fortunate enough to have so many people to say goodbye to."

"I'd say the same for me, Shinsuke." Oomimi smiles. "I'll letcha talk with Y/N, I'm sure she has a lot to say to you."

Y/N smiles as she turns to Kita, who opens his bag and takes out a small knitted scarf, folded neatly as he hands it to her.

"I made this scarf for you, Y/N. I hope you cherish it and wear it when it's cold, please take care of yourself." Kita says as Y/N blinks in surprise and accepts the scarf. "I know you say you don't get cold easily, but I hope you dress more warmly when the cold weather comes."

"Oh... thank you..." Y/N mutters under her breath as she holds the scarf in her hands, in disbelief. "I'll cherish it... I'm truly grateful."

"I'm glad." Kita smiles. "You've worked hard these past two years, and I have complete faith that you'll continue working hard as the years pass us by. I've always been proud to have such a wonderful kouhai."

"Kita-senpai..." Y/N trails off as she shakily smiles. "Thank you so much... for everything..."

"Pu-haha! Ya don't hafta thank me so much." Kita laughs before gesturing to the rest of the team. "I'm sure there's a lot of things we have to say to each other, yet at the same time there isn't much to say."

"Yeah... now that we're here I don't really know what to say to everyone..." Y/N chuckles sheepishly as Kita smiles.

"Why not take a picture? There have been many photos taken today but I don't think I've had any with the regulars, or with the other third years." Kita says as Y/N blinks in surprise.

"Alright then, let's take a group picture."

"Whaddya mean I can't be in the picture??" Atsumu complains as Y/N rolls her eyes.

"This one's for the third years, and then we take a group picture later." Y/N deadpans as she sighs. "...I won't say anythin' if you photobomb though."

"Deal." Atsumu grins as he and Osamu run off, while Suna chuckles.

"Losers."

"Don't insult 'em, Suna!" Ginjima says as he pinches his eyes shut, he hasn't been able to stop crying for the past few minutes.

"Gin, yer face is a mess."

"I know!"

"Alright do you two wanna photobomb too? I'm about to take the pic y'know." Y/N chuckles as Ginjima stiffly nods while crying.

"Pfft, let's go then." Suna chuckles as he pats Ginjima on the shoulder and leads him away from Y/N.

The four third years line up in front of Y/N as they smile and hold onto their flowers, Suna and Ginjima slightly behind them as Suna smiles while Ginjima continues crying. In the background, Y/N can see the twins jumping up and down behind Ojiro as she chuckles.

"Alright, let's take this picture." Y/N chuckles, taking out the camera as she sees her teammates through the lenses. "3, 2, 1..."

Click.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Three years, that's how long her senpai's had spent at the school. And although she's only been there for two of those years, they were a wonderful two years.

The struggles they went through together, the wins, and the losses.

They had fun as they smiled and laughed together, as they supported one another and watched each other grow.

Akagi, Oomimi, Ojiro, Kita...

It's strange, seeing people you spent so much time with, turn around as they say their goodbyes. It's strange.

The time you spend with the people you trust the most is truly precious. And that time will fly by before you know it, carrying away your heavy heart as you say your final farewells.

All good things come to an end, but they open opportunity for new things will great potential.

So as they reach their time to say goodbye, they begin to approach their new beginnings.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"Y/N!"

Y/N turns at the sound of Akagi's voice as she smiles weakly, it doesn't help that he's beaming at her.

"You that sad to see me go that you can't even smile?" Akagi chuckles as Y/N pouts as rolls her eyes, causing Akagi to laugh even harder. "Aww c'mere!"

Akagi pulls Y/N into a hug as she trembles slightly in his hold, gripping onto him as he smiles and pats her head, not saying a word as he holds her for a few moments, before finally letting go.

"C'mon, let's walk home one last time."

'The words I held onto, that I wasn't able to say. I think you understand them anyway.'

'Thank you, goodbye.' 

~~~~~

Hello my dear readers, I see we are all doing well :D

So, how we feeling after that chapter? :D

I said last chapter that I had some stuff planned for this one :) And indeed I did! Remember when I said that I had reasons for drawing so much Inarizaki art? OuO (It's ok if you don't remember, it was ages ago)

I've compiled all my Inarizaki art into an art set! :D You can check out my Instagram or Twitter for more photos that I will post! (Or have posted, depending on when you're reading this)
You can head to my store (www.universebunny.com/shop)(also link in bio)  to purchase it! You don't have to of course, but I'd be really grateful =w= 💖

I have an exclusive discount specifically just for readers, enter the code "KITASPUHAHA" for 10% off the whole order! (Includes anything else you order if you want to XD)

It'll also let me know who's a reader and who's not so I can add some extra gifts that I want to give you guys =w=

I never really advertised my store here since I didn't think it was the right place but like... where else am I going to show my Inarizaki art set... XDD

Also please make sure to check the currency and convert it to yours XD

Thankyou for all the support until now, I truly do appreciate it all.

This fic is far from over, and I've been planning many many things for the future of this book =w= I hope you look forward to reading what I have planned! :D

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2.1K 75 19
Suna x fem reader. "Holy shit! You're a chick?" In which Y/n had recently won her battle with cancer, but it left her body unrecognizable. When the p...
431K 14.3K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
259K 7.5K 38
"I love you y/n;)" "Aw I love me too!<3" 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙏𝙐𝙎: completed IN WHICH, some of the members of the Inarizaki volleyball team fall for the pretty...
139K 4K 28
[[COMPLETED]] Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you were the Miya twins' older sister AND Inarizaki's Boys' Volleyball Club's manager? ...