Chapter 19: Reprise

Interhigh National Tournament
Day 2 – Second Round

"Aran!" "MIYA-SENPAI!!" "Suna!!!" "Gin!" "Atsumu!!"

The huge crowd of Inarizaki fans squeal with excitement as Inarizaki steps onto the court for their first game, waving around their fansigns excitedly as they cheer. Y/N watches the team from the bench with Coach Kurosu and Coach Oomi, smiling proudly at their confidence. It's her third time coming to nationals, but the excitement always stays.

Cameras, fans, players; Inarizaki has all eyes on them. They're the favourites to win, the Strongest Challengers.

"Miya Atsumu! Can we ask you a few questions??"

"Ojiro Aran! Congratulations on your win! Would you be able to speak with us??"

Suna and Osamu watch boredly as the interviewers and cameras swarm around Atsumu and Ojiro, thankful that they're not in their position.

"Those two are as popular as always." Y/N observes, scoffing when some people ask for pictures with Atsumu.

"Couldn't be me." Suna mutters, rolling his eyes as he takes out his phone.

"Excuse me! Suna Rintarou! Would you be okay with me asking you a few questions??"

"Huh?" Suna stares dumbfounded at the interviewer who excitedly holds out her microphone to him. "I uhh..."

He frantically glances at Y/N and Osamu, who helpfully smirk at him and give him thumbs up, internally laughing at his discomfort. They wave him off as they continue smirking smugly.

"Uhh... sure..." He mutters, scowling at them as he turns back to the interviewer.

"Looks like Suna's catchin' a few eyes." Ginjima comments as he joins them. "'Bout time too, I'm surprised he wasn't more popular last year."

"Yeah, I kinda predicted this though. I ordered more Suna fansigns to sell in our merch store and they're selling pretty well. Maybe I should post more of his pictures on our official accounts? We could market him more..." Y/N trails off, mentally calculating more ways to make bigger profits. Osamu and Ginjima sweat drop at this.

"...You scare me sometimes, N/N."

"Whatever. I think those girls over there wanna get a picture with you, don't let your fans down~"

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Interhigh National Tournament
Day 3 – Third Round & Quarterfinals

Y/N facepalms at the scene in front of her, she should have known. Ginjima sheepishly scratches the back of his head as he nervously chuckles, waving at her as she enters their room.

"...How long have they been wrestling for?"

"...20 minutes or somethin'." He mutters tiredly, sighing as he turns to watch the twins continue to wrestle over a pair of shorts.

"It's mine 'Tsumu! Stop tryna steal my clothes!"

"But I look better in it! I'm just gonna borrow it!"

"That's what you're meant to say after you've returned it first!"

Suna remains sound asleep in his bed as the twins continue fighting, yelling at each other as Y/N and Ginjima sweat drop at the spectacle.

"Why are they even fightin' over the shorts?" Y/N asks.

"Atsumu was gonna go for a jog this mornin', Osamu was gonna go with him but... I think you can guess the rest." Ginjima sighs, running a hand over his face.