Chapter 13: Behold Today's Champions

Hyogo Prefectural Qualifiers for Interhigh
Day 3

"Well well well, if it isn't the sneaky lil' foxes. Scoutin' out the Hyogo representatives?"

"Damn right, lookin' at the potential second Hyogo representative, if they even make it past semis." Atsumu retorts, smirking as he places a hand on his hip. (Atsumu, this isn't a modelling show-)

A vein pops out of the middle blocker's head as he smiles in irritation. He isn't going to let Atsumu trash talk his school like that. "Don't think you're so great just 'coz you've been doin' well lately... Nakiusagi's a powerhouse school too. Don't get too cocky."

"Oh? How long's it been since you've won against Inarizaki?" Atsumu questions, he smirks tauntingly at him. "Why're you still thinkin' 'bout the good-old days, huh? No point bein' an old champion if yer constantly in second place."

"Tch..."

"Afterall... second place is just the first loser."

Suna nudges Y/N in the side and gestures towards Atsumu, mentally telling her that it's her responsibility to get him to behave. She rolls her eyes in exasperation before sighing and heading over.

"Atsumu... stop pickin' fights with everyone." She mumbles, interrupting their glaring competition as they glance at her.

"Oh! L/N-chan! It's so nice to see you again!" Nakiusagi's middle blocker suddenly smiles brightly, eyes sparkling as he turns to her. "Didja watch any of my matches yesterday?? I got heaps of blocks!"

Atsumu snorts as he covers his mouth in attempts to hide his snickering, eyes darting back and forth between the two in amusement.

"Oh, sorry I missed it, I was fillin' up the bottles for my team. I'm sure you played well though." Y/N smiles apologetically, he doesn't notice her subtly side-eye Atsumu.

He deflates a little and pouts. "Aww... that's too bad... Be sure to watch me closely today!"

"Ah, right." She tilts her head to the side, keeping her apologetic smile. "Sorry but, who are you again?"

Unable to keep his snickering to himself, Atsumu grabs the middle blocker's shoulders and laughs right in his face.

"HAHAHAHA-!"

"Pfft- I can't believe you pretended you didn't know who he was again HAHAHA-!" Suna wheezes, slapping Ginjima's shoulder repeatedly as he laughs hysterically. Even the twins can't stop laughing.

"You should've seen his face! So embarrasin', I died." Atsumu snorts doubling over with laughter. Y/N and Ginjima just roll their eyes at them.

"Laughin' in his face was uncalled for, Atsumu. I'm pretty sure that was the most embarrasin' part."

"Pfft, no. I'm pretty sure I heard his heart shatter when you asked him who he was."

"Mmm, the sound was glorious." Y/N smirks, high-fiving Suna as he keeps laughing.

"I'm surrounded by terrible people..." Ginjima mumbles in despair, sighing as he facepalms. Just another day where he wishes he was a third year instead. "Was it really necessary to embarrass him like that?"

"Me?" She gasps in mock surprise, placing a hand on her heart. "Embarrass someone? I would never!"

"Yeah! How couldja accuse her like that? She'd never!"

"'Tsumu, you're the person she embarrasses the most."

"Don't mind."

Ginjima groans loudly as he physically tries to swat away their words, he's too tired for this. "Shouldn't we be focusin' on semi-finals?? Can I have a tiny break?? Please??"