Chapter 15: Summer

It's officially Summer holidays. Y/N has the weekend off before going on a Summer Training Camp with the rest of the Inarizaki team in Kyushu, and straight after that, it's Interhigh.

Scowling at her phone, Y/N pouts as she looks through the pictures Atsumu's sending her, hugging her pillow tightly to try placate her jealousy.

The four bastards are hanging out without her.

It's not their fault since they did invite her, but being mad at them is strangely therapeutic. She keeps pouting as she angrily scrolls through the endless picture's he's sending to the group chat. They're at the arcade.

Suna, thinking he's hilarious, keeps editing the pictures by drawing on stick figures, circling them and writing 'This could be you but you playing'.

"Y/N? Don't you wanna spend time with your family?" Her mother asks as she enters her room, eyeing her self-drawn posters in distaste.

"Uh, yeah..." She mumbles, stuffing her phone in her pocket as she shuffles out. The constant vibrating annoys her but at the same time, it's strangely comforting.

Buzz. Buzz.

Nah it's annoying, she quickly takes it back out and mutes it. She can check her messages later.

Looking around the room, Y/N finds her father and sister reading as they sit at the table, her brothers are nowhere in sight.

"Um... where are they boys?"

"Hm? They're both at their friend's houses, they'll come home later." Her mother answers, taking a seat at the table as she checks her phone.

"Oh... Then, why can't I go out with my friends?"

Her father rolls his eyes as he puts his papers down. "What? Do you not want to spend time with your family? You're gonna spend the next two weeks with your friends anyway, for camp and the competition, right? So I don't know why you're complainin'."

"Was just askin'..." She mumbles, sitting down at the table. At least she'll be free in two days.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"N/N... is that you...? It's been years...!"

"Atsumu, it's been two days."

"It's been too long...!" Atsumu and Suna stagger towards her like grandmas, shakily pulling her into a long and awkward hug as they pat her back solemnly. "Look at you... you've grown...!"

Rolling her eyes, Y/N pushes them away and glares at them. "You guys are so weird. Y'don't needa rub it in my face that I-"

Y/N's quickly cut off when one of them shoves something red and fluffy in her face, quickly grabbing it, she looks down at it. They got her a fox plushie.

"We won it at the arcade, thought you might want it." Ginjima explains, smiling as they watch her squish it a few times.

"...Thanks guys."

"We will be landing in Miyazaki Airport shortly, please ensure that your seat belt is securely fastened as we begin our descent."

Y/N continues hugging her fox plushie tightly as she turns over to look at Atsumu, who's sleeping beside her. She rolls her eyes as she nudges him awake.

"If you're gonna fall asleep, then what's the point of havin' the window seat?"

He slowly opens one eye as he looks at her. "Havin' the things people want is- aCK! Okay I'm awake! Stop hittin' me!"