Chapter 48: Thank you, goodbye.

Inarizaki High School
6 March 2013

"Didja hafta bring flowers?" Atsumu groans as Y/N rolls her eyes.

"It's a nice gesture, and it's also tradition for our volleyball club. Second years give third years flowers at graduation. Kita-senpai and the other third years gave their senpai's flowers last year." Y/N states matter-of-factly as Atsumu groans once again.

"Do I have to??"

"Grow up." Osamu deadpans as he sighs. "They had to deal with us for the past two years, so it's the least we could do."

"Plus, Y/N and Kagawa-chan put so much effort into preparing the flowers, so rather than complainin' we should be thankin' them." Ginjima says as he elbows Atsumu. "So, thanks Y/N!"

"Yer welcome, Hitoshi." Y/N smiles sweetly before dropping her smile and turning to Atsumu with dead eyes. "Why can't you be like that?"

"...But it's embarrassing." Atsumu mutters under his breath.

"What's embarrassing?"

"EEEEK!!!" Atsumu screams as he turns around in shock. "Ginko-chan! You scared me!"

Kagawa raises her eyebrow as she walks up to them and looks at Atsumu. "What's embarrassing?"

"He thinks it's embarrassing to-"

"Nothing! Nothing at all! Shut it Suna!" Atsumu laughs sheepishly as Y/N and Kagawa sigh.

"Well, I already gave Kosaku-kun and the others some flowers for the third years, so it's just the regulars and Kita-san left." Kagawa says. "So, who's giving who flowers?"

"Wait, we're giving them individually??"

"You four have to give the four third years flowers, I don't care who you pick, just pick and go." Y/N deadpans.

"I dibs Oomimi-san." Suna says instantly as Y/N nods.

"I-"

"I dibs Aran-kun." Osamu interrupts as he elbows Atsumu, smirking slightly as Atsumu gasps in offence.

"...Guess I'll give Akagi-san flowers then." Ginjima chuckles sheepishly as they all turn their eyes to Atsumu.

"Wait, then who's... who..." Atsumu trails off in realisation as he stares at the floor, distraught. "No. Nonononono please! Please! 'Samu let's swap!"

"No, have fun." Osamu smirks as Atsumu grabs his shoulders and starts shaking him vigorously.

"Nonono I can't do this! Suna?? Gin???"

"Have fun~" Suna chimes helpfully as Atsumu collapses onto the floor.

"What if I mess up and give flowers wrong??"

"How do you... give flowers wro... Y'know what? Nevermind." Kagawa sighs as she shakes her head. "Anyway, you guys needa hide the flowers in yer lockers or something. We needa get back to our classes so we can get seated for the ceremony. Let's go L/N-chan!"

"Later guys, have fun with the flowers~" Y/N smiles as she leaves with Kagawa to get to their class, ignoring Atsumu's pleading eyes.

"Why's he bein' so dramatic about this? It's just giving some flowers?" Kagawa chuckles as Y/N shrugs.

"It's Atsumu, he's always dramatic about everything."

"Ah, right."

The two Inarizaki managers fall into an awkward silence as they head to their classroom, not having anything to say to each other. Soon, the third year's graduation ceremony will commence, and then they'll all be given the opportunity to say their goodbyes.