Chapter 5: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa

"Thank you for having us!" The Shiratorizawa team bows as they enter the gym, Coach Washijou and Coach Saitou following closely behind.

"Please come this way, you can get warmed up on this court." Y/N leads the Shiratorizawa team to an empty court for them to practise, handing them everything they need.

"Remember to give me your number later, Y/N-chan~" Tendou calls out as he starts warming up, causing Semi and Shirabu to roll their eyes.

"Satori! Focus on practise!" Coach Washijou screeches loudly, making everyone in the gym flinch in shock. Coach Kurosu just laughs joyously before approaching Coach Washijou to discuss some things.

On the other side of the gym, Atsumu pouts as he watches Y/N speak with Shirabu, already mentally imagining scenarios of him flexing his 'superior setter skill' on the Shiratorizawa setter.

Osamu and Suna roll their eyes at Atsumu's dramatic pouting, choosing to ignore him as he sighs loudly. Atsumu sighs even louder, hoping they'd get the hint that he wants attention. When he's ignored again, he tries sighing even louder.

Finally having enough of his dramatic sighing, Ginjima takes one for the team and approaches Atsumu.

"What." Ginjima scowls at Atsumu, not wanting to deal with the drama queen.

"N/N's helpin' the enemy! Look at her! Chattin' 'em up!" Atsumu dramatically gestures to Y/N, who's now handing the bibs to the Shiratorizawa members. He narrows his eyes at her when she laughs at something Tendou says.

Somehow sensing his stare, Y/N glances at Atsumu, smirking when she sees his face. Atsumu lets out a scandalised gasp as he steps back in shock.

"What're you doin'?" Kita's cold voice cuts into their thoughts as they suddenly snap their attention onto their captain.

"N-Nothin'!" Atsumu instantly gets back to warming up, not wanting to disappoint Kita.

"Haha~ the poor second years are still scared of Shinsuke." Akagi snickers, watching them try to appear casual as they stretch.

"Can't really blame 'em." Oomimi mutters. "Shinsuke can be a scary guy."

"Can be? I don't think there's anyone I fear more." Ojiro scoffs, shivering slightly as he remembers Kita's cold logic.

After they finish stretching, Kagawa approaches the third years to give them their bibs for the practise match.

"Here ya go~" She chimes, handing them over as they thank her. Sighing, she turns her attention to Inoue, who's visibly trying to work up the courage to approach the second years. Stammering as Atsumu approaches her with a smirk.

"There's no need to be so shy, Inoue-chan~ Thanks for your hard work~"

"R-Right!" Inoue blushes heavily, suddenly self-conscious and nervous around him, she hates being the centre of attention.

"Sorry 'bout that loser." Osamu drones, taking a bib from her hands, Suna and Ginjima following suit, nodding towards her in thanks. She tries to stutter out a response but finds herself unable to, her social anxiety getting the better of her.

Knowing that Y/N would want her to feel more welcome, the second years all turn to look at Ginjima, mentally telling him to make her feel better. He scowls at them before approaching her again.

The second years watch as Ginjima talks with Inoue, mentally thanking Ginjima's little sister for giving him brotherly instincts and social skills.