That Nara... | Naruto Fanfici...

By 101_classified

Shikarei is the eldest of two children of Shikaku Nara and Yoshino Nara. She grows to become quite the famous... More

Authors note
||Prologue||
||1||
||2||
||3||
||4||
||5||
||6||
||7||
||8||
||9||
||10||
||11||
||12||
||13||
||14||
||15||
||16||
||17||
||18||
||19||
||20||
||21||
||22||
||23||
||24||
||25||
||26||
||27||
||28||
||29||
||30||
||31||
||32||
||33||
||34||
||35||
||36||
||37||
||38||
||39||
||40||
||41||
||42||
||43||
||44||
||45||
||46||
||47||
||48||
||49||
||50||
||51||
||52||
||53||
||54||
||55||
||56||
||57||
||58||
||59||
||60||
||61||
||62||
||63||
||64||
||65||
||66||
||67||
||68||
||69||
||70||
||71||
||72||
||73||
||74||
||75||
||76||
||77||
||78||
||79||
||80||
||81||
The Letter
||82||
||83||
||84||
||85||
||86||
||87||
||88||
||89||
||90||
||91||
||92||
||93||
||94||
||95||
||96||
||97||
||98||
||99||
||100||
||101||
||102||
||103||
||104||
||105||
||106||
||107||
||108||
||109||
||110||
||111||
||112||
||113||
||114||
||115||
||116||
||117||
||118||
||119||
||120||
||121||
||122||
||123||
||124||
||125||
||126||
||127||
||128||
||129||
||130||
||131||
||132||
||133||
||134||
||epilogue||
Authors Note
Special: Infinite Tsukuyomi Pt.2

Ino Shika Ren Cho's infinite tsukuyomi world

1.4K 33 10
By 101_classified

Just a little break from the story. This is for if Inoiché, Ren, Choro and Shikarei all actually got trapped in the infinite tsukuyomi. This doesn't affect the story in any possible way.

°🥢°

Choro
Dreaming 7 years into the future

I turned around. Confusion ran through me.

"I'm... home?" I asked.

"Choro," my mother walked over and smiled, "why're you out here standing doing nothing? Your son is waiting for you."

Huh?

"Son? I have a son?" I asked, leaning forward in confusion, "wha--?!"

"Of course, you have a son, Cho? Are you ok?" she asked me, "come on. He's waiting to have his birthday party. He was determined that we wouldn't start without you."

"O-oh, right," I nodded and followed her along to a familiar tree that we used to have Ino Shika Cho picnics, oh yeah, Ren came too, Itachi as well. Man, I miss those days.

"Papa!" a voice shouted to me, I turned to see a small boy with red-hair so dark it could almost be classed as a currant red.

"Hey, buddy," my instincts took over and it was like I wasn't confused about me having a son five minutes ago.

"It's time to party!" he exclaimed as he launched himself into my arms. He wasn't like all the rest of the Akimichi, he was like me. Average weight, maybe even a tad bit below that.

"Hello, Choro," a voice piped up from my right, I turned to see someone who resembled Tsume sensei, but I wasn't too sure because she was a lot older than I remembered her to look.

"Chojiro has been waiting for you to come for a while now," she told me, "I'm guessing your mission succeeded?"

Mission? Does she mean the war? That means we won right?

This is all too confusing.

"Why do you look so confused, Choro?" Shikarei walked over, I stared at her in surprise. She looks... different. She was taller now (by like three inches but still), her hair was longer and down, she even had a weird side fringe going on. It was just weird. Her eyes were brown again and she had a soft smile on her face. She looked like she'd wisened over time.

"I-- uh-- forgot?" I replied, questioning my own words, "how old are you?"

"Jeez-- you know it's rude to as a lady for her age," she rolled her eyes, "but I'm 29 and so are you, old man."

29? But we're 22...

"Papa? Can we go eat cake now?" the boy, Chojiro, asked, poking my cheek.

"Uh-- sure?" I replied before we all walked into the crowded area, we took a seat with Inoiché, who's signature long blonde hair was cut down to his shoulders and was just loosely hanging down, he had a little girl and boy jumping up and down on either side of him, pulling on his arms. Ren was also there; his short pink hair was now the length Inoiché's used to be and he looked exhausted.

"Oh, you're finally here," Ren greeted me lazily, "what took you so long? It was only the mission report, and we wrote it as we travelled here."

"Got lost in thought?" I replied awkwardly as Chojiro dropped down in my lap and eagerly reached out for a plate that my dad (old as hell) passed to him. Ren gave me a weird look before shaking his head as the girl on Inoiché's arm dropped down in his lap.

"Hey~ Uncle Ren~ can I have a kunai?" the girl asked.

"No, Inoha," Ren shook his head with a sigh, "you're too young for a kunai."

"Oh hey, Uncle Choro," a girl who looked like a younger female version of Shikarei and Itachi mixed together dropped down next to me, "hello? You're looking at me like I'm a ghost."

"Himari?" I asked, she nodded.

"Are you feeling ok, Choro?" Shikarei asked as Himari leaned on her shoulder, "it's like you've forgotten everything that's happened these past years."

"I guess my mind went back to the war," I said, "where's Uncle Inoichi and Uncle Shikaku?"

"Choro you know that they're ####."

What?

Inoiché
Dreaming 1 year into the future

"Morning, Inoiché," Fuuka Enatsu, my girlfriend smiled down at me as I sat up.

Huh? When did I get home.

"Morning, Fuuka," I greeted her, not being able to stop the smile that crept up on my face, "it's good to see you."

"What do you mean?" she asked me with a small laugh, "you say the weirdest things sometimes, Inoiché."

"I do?" I asked before reaching out and pulling her back into the bed with me and wrapping my arms around her, "I love you, Fuuka."

"Oh? Where did that come from?" she asked, "I love you too, though."

I felt her arms wrap around me and smiled again as I buried my face in the crook of her neck.

The war pulled me away from her. She was injured during a mission months before so she couldn't come to the war. Not that I was complaining. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her, she's been so close to my heart this past year and a half that I-- god, this is getting sappy.

"It's your birthday today, love, what do you want to do?" Fuuka asked.

"Can we just stay in bed all day?" I asked.

"No," she chuckled, "we can't."

"How about going to Ichiraku with Ren, Choro and Shikarei?" I suggested.

"I'll go invite them out, now get up, love," she kissed my forehead before getting up.

I don't want to though. I feel like it's been so long since I've laid in a bed. Speaking of, how did I get here? Wasn't I just on the battlefield? Did we win? Did we survive? Or is this my after life? Just continuing on what I wished would happen... I'm fine with that actually.

Pulling myself up, I grabbed some clothes and threw them on before walking out and heading towards Ichiraku.

"Happy birthday, Inoiché!" I heard from behind me and turned to see Choro, he waved and sighed.

"How are you? You looked pretty worn-out last night," he slung an arm around my shoulders.

"Not to mention, in his drunken mess, he said some weird things," Shikarei popped up out of nowhere, Ren by her side and Fuuka behind them.

"What did he do?" Fuuka asked curiously. I was drunk last night? How strange, I don't remember anything. I must've drank a lot but I don't have a hangover.

"Oh, you know, blabbered a lot about the future and you and a lot of other things," Ren shot me a teasing gaze.

"Oh, and then you threw up all over Choro's new gear," Shikarei teased happily.

"You must be kidding me," I threw my hands over my face as I felt my face heat up in embarrassment, "I thought this was a weird situation, but I see you idiots are still the exact same."

"What're you talking about? Are you still drunk? Come on, weirdo, let's get some ramen," Ren chuckled.

Ren
Dreaming 6 months after the war

"And that's the last of it," Arwen smiled at me, "all unpacked now."

"Are you sure you want to move here from the hidden frost? I mean-- that is your home, and all your family is there," I gave her a worried look.

Hold on a minute, when did this all happen? Why is Arwen moving in with me? I'm not really complaining but.. uh-- what?

"I love you, Ren, I won't ask you to move to the coldest place in the world just to be with me," she told me, placing her hands on my face gently and smiling, "plus I wanted to something that's not just snow and ice, you know?"

I smiled and placed my hands over hers, before pulling her into a hug.

"You really are so kind, Arwen," I said as she hugged me tightly and rested her head against my shoulder.

"No. I'm just being selfish," she said, "after what happened at the war, I was so scared that you'd died, and I could never see you again. I didn't say before, but I'm also here to make sure you don't die on me."

"Fair reason," I nodded, "it was scary. I don't how I survived. How did I survive, Arwen? Can you tell me?"

"Don't you remember?" she asked, "that's so strange. Maybe you need to go to the hospital and get yourself checked out again."

"But I feel fine," I said.

"Sometimes just feeling fine doesn't mean that you are fine, my love," she said as she backed up, "but if you're certain that you're fine, then I won't push. For now, I'm hungry, where's the best place to eat around here?"

"Uh-- Ichiraku or the barbecue place."

"I'm craving meat. Let's go get some barbecue!"

Shikarei
Dreaming 11 years into the future

I found myself staring up into the blue sky, clouds drifting along above me.

It's peaceful.

Is this what death is like?

"She's over here, dad," a voice caught my attention, but I didn't bother to try move.

"Hey, Ma," the face of a girl I recognised but didn't remember being so old hovered over mine.

"Hello, Himari," I smiled, "you look beautiful."

"Jeez- what's gotten into you, huh?" she placed her hands on her hips and shook her head with a sigh, "I'm 16 now, you can't just keep embarrassing me like it's nothing."

16? Wait how did I miss 11 years of her life? No-- how did I miss 11 years of my own life?

"Dad's waiting at the bottom of the hill, come on," she stretched her hand out to me.

Dad? Itachi?

I felt my heart skip slightly as I took her hand and was pulled up. My gaze travelled down the hillside to see Ryuzo stood there.

Huh?

"R-Ryuzo?" I called, he looked up to me and smiled.

"The one and only, come on now or we'll be late for Himari's chunin exam," he stretched his hand out to me and I just stared at it in confusion, "earth to Shikarei, are you OK?"

"Guess being lazy all day really takes its toll, huh, Ma?" Himari stuck her tongue out at me, "you gotta be careful, you're getting old."

That snapped me out of my confusion.

"Did you just-- why you cheeky little," I glared at her, "shadow strangle jutsu."

I made my shadow jump to life and grab Himari by the ankles and tip her upside down.

"May be getting old but I can still do this," I told her as Ryuzo laced his hand with my own, my gaze caught sight of a ring on my left ring finger, "you called Ryuzo dad?"

I looked to Himari.

"Well obviously he's not my dad by blood, but he's still my dad. You said so yourself," she told me as I dropped her to the floor again and she flipped herself around effortlessly, "did you not get the memo when I started calling him that five years ago?"

"Guess I forgot," I shrugged.

"Your memory OK there?" she asked, raising a brow, "you seem to be forgetting a lot of things today. Let me guess, my chunin exam was one of them."

"No! How could I ever forget," I lied.

"You're such a terrible liar," Ryuzo whispered before looking to Himari, "either way, are you ready? Do you know who you're up against?"

"Some cloud nin brat," she shrugged, "I met him briefly before and man was he annoying. What was your chunin exam like, Ma? You rarely ever talk about anything from before the ending of the fourth shinobi war."

I glanced over to her and sighed.

"Well... I passed first try," I replied, "beat some arrogant assholes up... You know, the usual. But it was the jonin exam that I didn't do too great at. I failed my first attempt after going up against an Uchiha. I was no match for his sharingan at the time."

"You must've been very weak back then," she stated, "my sharingan hasn't ever had an effect on you before."

"Hey now-- it's not that I was weak, more like I was just... Lazy?" I replied, trying to think of the right word, "no, no. Out classed. I think it was a bit too early for me to try the jounin exam, but it was fine because I passed it the next year."

"You make it sound like a trivial task," Ryuzo stared at me before grinning, "my wife is so badass."

"And you just suck," Himari leaned forward and suck her tongue out at Ryuzo.

"Now, now, Himari, it's not Ryuzo's fault he wasn't born a genius like we were," I teased him as I messed up Himari's hair.

If this is a dream... I never want to wake up from it.

°🥢°

Just a heads up, in Shikarei's dream here, she's with Ryuzo instead of Itachi because by this point in her life, she's realised that she has to let go of Itachi and that he would never be able to give Himari the happy family that she deserves thanks to... y'kno :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.8K 2.1K 20
Did I ever tell you that my life was normal? If I did, then I'm 100% sure that I was wrong. Being the only girl in the family was not an easy task. N...
93.7K 2.4K 32
Konoha, a wonderful village where a pair of twins live. the twins naruto and naoki are trying to fulfill their dreams, but there's nothing without ha...
275K 8.9K 78
BOOK 2 of 2 !! Completed Being Edited !! Y/n, a leader of a family, going into war with her trigger and lover by her side. Sure, going into war isn't...
1.5K 99 7
Uchiha Kiyoko daughter of Uchiha Fugaku and Mikoto. She is one year younger than itachi and 5 years older than Sasuke. She is a prodigy just like it...