The Originals: Rewritten

Od Originalsforever100

If you've read my Vampire Diaries: Rewritten fanfic, this is kinda like that, but it's Originals instead. Hum... Více

Copyright
Dedication
Ch.1: Always and Forever
Ch.2: House of the Rising Son
Ch.3: Tangled Up In Blue
Ch.4: Girl In New Orleans
Ch.5: Sinners and Saints
Ch.6: Fruit of the Poisoned Tree
Ch.7: Bloodletting
Ch.8: The River In Reverse
Ch.9: Reining Pain In New Orleans
Ch.10: The Casket Girls
Ch.11: Apres Moi, Le Deluge
Ch.12: Dance Back From The Grave
Ch.13: Crescent City
Ch.14: Long Way Back From Hell
Ch.15: Le Grand Guignol
Ch.16: Farewell To Storyville
Ch.17: Moon Over Bourbon Street
Ch.18: The Big Uneasy
Ch.19: An Unblinking Death
Ch.20: A Closer Walk With Thee
Ch.21: Battle Of New Orleans
Ch.22: From A Cradle To A Grave
Ch.23: Rebirth
Ch.24: Alive and Kicking
Ch.25: Every Mother's Son
Ch.26: Live and Let Die
Ch.27: Red Door
Ch.28: Wheel Inside the Wheel
Ch.29: Chasing the Devil's Tail
Ch.31: The Map of Moments
Ch.32: The Return
Ch.33: The Rescue
Ch.34: Big Bad Hybrid
Ch.35: Transformation
Ch.36: An Old Enemy Resurfaced
Ch.37: Afterward

Ch.30: The Brothers That Care Forgot

394 14 3
Od Originalsforever100

It was a beautiful day, as Finn and Kol sat at the table with Klaus and Elijah.

"Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire. Our mother," Klaus reasoned with both of his brothers.

Kol looked at Klaus, as he thought about it, as Klaus continued.

"Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms."

"Well...," Kol began, but was cut off by Klaus.

"But if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns."

"If all you wanted was my allegiance against mother dearest, you should've said so. Saved me a night shackled to the wall," Kol replied.

"Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs one by one until you comply," Elijah informed them.

Klaus got up, as he chuckled.

"We've no desire to torture you, provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers," Klaus said, as he stood behind them both.

"Brothers," Finn commented. "Does that word even apply to us after all these centuries of betrayal? And is loyalty to you ever really rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus, where is our sister Rebekah?" he continued, as Klaus walked around the table. "She was blindly loyal to you for 1,000 years, and now nowhere to be found. Where did our sister go? And how did she escape your vile machinations?"

Klaus scoffed from where he'd been standing, his back facing them, half a distance from the table, hands behind his back. He now turned to look at him, as he scoffed.

"You think me vile?" Klaus sat down, as he asked, "Well, what then do you make of the one who cursed us?"

"She was trying to make you mortal again. You refused her, which only proves how far you've fallen. But I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal. See, unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity."

Elijah had had enough, so he angrily told him, "Rebekah is off limits to you. You pursue her and you will suffer."

"Do not let him goad you, Elijah. Neither he nor Esther will find Rebekah...unless she wants to be found, and she does not," Klaus said.

"Esther is quite determined," Finn reminded them. "She's been searching for Rebekah since the day she returned. I imagine it's only a matter of time."

Elijah looked down for a moment, before his anger got the best of him. He grabbed Finn, pushing him onto the table, and vamped out, ready to bite him. Then he bit into the side of his neck.

Klaus blurred Elijah against a wall, not happy.

"I enjoy a good bloodletting as much as anyone, but our brothers have power, as well as knowledge of Esther's plans. We need them alive," he told him, before letting him go.

"Can you imagine what they would do to Rebekah? To Hope?" Elijah replied under his breath so the others couldn't hear.

"Rebekah has been cloaked by powerful magic. Focus on the task at hand. We need to persuade our brothers."

"I'm through with persuasion."

"Has the earth shifted on its axis? You needing restraint from me?" Klaus asked, seeing that something had changed in Elijah.

Before Elijah could say anything, he got a call from Rebekah, telling him that she and Hope were on the run, because Esther found them.

"Tell her to head west. I'll call Katerina," Klaus said.

"Do not call Katherine. Esther's too smart," Rebekah said, hearing Klaus. "The only advantage that we have is that she thinks the baby died. Text me with plans," she added, before hanging up.

"Go. I'll take care of Kol and Finn," Elijah told him.

"Splendid. In your hands, I assume they'll be dead by nightfall."

"I will show restraint. Hope needs her father," Elijah assured and reasoned with him.

"What she needs—what—what we need are allies to help us defeat our mother," Klaus replied. "Finn and Kol must be turned to our side. Without their help, there'll be nowhere for Hope to run."

"Klaus, your child—"

"I have waited months to see my daughter. I can wait one more day."

Elijah began to walk away after a moment, but stopped to look at him when Klaus spoke to him.

"Elijah. Do whatever it takes to keep her safe."

"I give you my word," Elijah assured him, before leaving.

"The wolves are freaking out. They know it must be an insider who took down Vincent last night, seeing as no one could've been near him," Aiden informed Kat and Jackson, as they all stood in the Bayou by a trailer home.

"Anybody suspect it was you?" Jackson asked.

"Not yet. But they're gonna figure it out, which pretty much means I'm screwed unless we come up with a plan," Aiden replied.

"Call a meeting," Katherine told him after a moment of thinking. "The whole pack, tonight. If they're so scared, now's the time to convince them they need to ditch Esther."

"She gave them moonlight rings," Aiden reminded her.

"Those rings make you slaves," she replied.

"No, they make us powerful. We were exiles before. Now, we run the city. Vampires are scared of us. No one, including me, is gonna walk away from that—"

Jackson stood up from the old table he'd been sitting on and told him, "Set the darn meeting," before walking away.

After a few minutes, Kat followed him to the porch of an old shack, where he picked up a little red book from a wooden table after opening up a beer. He then looked at her, leaning against the wall of the shack by the table.

"You know, for months, I wrote down every single word Ansel said. An entire history of my people. If only I'd known he was Klaus' father, I would have asked him a hell of a lot more. I was up all night looking through this, trying to find something; anything, that'll help me figure out how to get my people back together," he told her, before setting the book back down on the table. "And now, Ansel's dead. Along with Ollie. So, forgive me if I need a beer, because right now, I can use all the help I can get," he added to her, seeing her look about him starting to drink so early in the day.

Marcel, Josh, and Davina were at Marcel's loft, Marcel and Josh seated on the couch, as Davina confessed to them what had happened the night before.

"I screwed up, guys. I was with Kaleb last night and he took the White Oak stake when I was asleep."

Josh looked down when she said that, and then he looked at Marcel.

"I'm sorry. I never should've trusted him," she continued.

"Kol doesn't have the stake. Klaus does," Marcel assured her. "Matter of fact, Klaus has Kol, too."

"Wha—? Well, how is that possible?" Davina inquired, trying to process it all.

"D, I'm the one who took him," Marcel informed her. "I saw an opportunity, and I wasn't gonna pass it up. And trust me, we are all safer this way."

"No, Kaleb," she replied, crossing her arms. "Klaus will kill him."

"His name isn't Kaleb. It's Kol," Marcel corrected her. "And Klaus has had 1,000 years to kill him, and he hasn't. So, worry less about him and more about yourself. Alright, this guy is not your friend. He wants to use you to get his own way."

"You don't know him like I do," she stubbornly told him.

"I know him better than you do," Marcel replied, before getting up from the couch and walking over to stand in front of her. "Now, I'm sorry I had to go behind your back. And I hate lying to you, I really do. But believe me, this is for your own good. I gotta take care of some business, alright? Stick with Josh. Everything's gonna be okay."

Davina watched, as Marcel walked away, grabbing his jacket from a chair, and left the loft to do whatever business he needed to do.

Finn was cleaning his neck with a cloth, as Kol spoke, both of them still at the compound.

"Elijah's off his bloody rocker," Kol commented. "We need to get out of here." He turned around to see Finn just silently finishing up cleaning up the side of his neck. "Are you gonna help me or what?"

Finn finished cleaning the side of his neck and set the cloth down on the dinner table they'd been sitting at earlier. Then he looked at him, telling him, "If you were clever, you'd recognize there's opportunity in our current circumstances."

"Opportunity to what? Get a beating?" Kol replied.

A moment later, the door opened to Klaus entering the room, and Kol turned around to see him.

"Gentlemen, I apologize for keeping you waiting," Klaus greeted. "Good news is I've returned with an old friend, someone who wants to say hello."

Marcel entered behind Klaus and went to stand beside him.

"Hello," Marcel greeted. "How's it going, fellas?"

"Oh, you again," Kol commented. "You ever get bored of getting bullied by my brother?"

"Oh, I volunteered for this."

"Did you?" Kol inquired.

"Yeah, the way I see it, you have it coming," Marcel replied, taking his jacket off. "First, you mess with Davina. Now, I hear you wanna drag Rebekah into all this. Uh-uh. Not happening."

"I'd prefer you both to join me against our mother," Klaus told them. "But I'll happily settle for one or the other. Either way, if you continue to defy me, your lives will be reduced to an unending sequence of agonizing torture. So.." Kol turned to look at Finn, as Klaus continued. "which is it to be?"

As Marcel grabbed the chains that held Kol, dragging him into a room and towards an old chair, he said, "I gotta say, I'm gonna enjoy this." He made Kol sit down in the chair. "Out of the whole twisted family, you—" Kol tried to get up, but Marcel pushed him back into the chair. "Sit down." He then continued, saying, "You were the one that I liked the least."

"Yeah, well, there's a pretty young lady who disagrees with that opinion," Kol commented.

"Then let me make myself perfectly clear. You go near Davina again, I'm gonna cut off parts that you'd rather keep."

"More threats," Kol commented. "How bloody inventive. Thing is, Klaus needs me. So that backs you into a corner, doesn't it?"

"Oh, until we get rid of your mom. I wonder what happens then," Marcel replied.

"Oh, Klaus might not need me when Mother's gone, but you might." Kol leaned over in the chair. "Come on, Marcel. You were king of the city once. You really think he's just gonna give it back to you?"

Marcel chuckled.

"You always got an angle, don't you?"

"You see, individually, we can't do anything, but together...wow, Klaus wouldn't stand a chance."

"Probably not," Marcel agreed. "But then I'd have to trust you, and I don't," he added, picking up a tool from a nearby table. "At least with Klaus, I know exactly what I'm getting."

"Well, I thought you had more fortitude, Marcellus. You disappoint me," Kol replied, leaning back into the chair.

"Nobody cares for your opinion. Klaus just wants to know what you're up to. Tell me everything. Maybe you get to live. If not..." Marcel approached and stabbed the tool into Kol's hand that was on the arm of the chair.

In the same room as they'd been at the dining table in, Klaus reentered, asking Finn, "Do you think our mother is even the least bit concerned for your well-being?"

"She knows I don't need rescuing," Finn replied, as he hung by the shackles of some stairs.

Klaus put a black leather pouch that was rolled up on the table and took out a knife. He then looked at the knife and then Finn, before putting the knife back and bringing out what looked to be an old-time blade for shaving.

"You can toy with me all you want, Niklaus, but you've had innumerable opportunities to kill me."

"But I didn't, did I?" Klaus said, standing a distance away, pointing the blade towards him. He then put the blade back on the table. "Finn," he began. "I understand your devotion to her. She must have clung to you with desperate need after our sister, Freya died, making you believe it was your responsibility to care for her. Always and forever. Hm? A burden, which you accepted without question, because you were a good son. Small children lack the capacity to question their parents. But you're a man now, Finn."

"Is that the extent of your argument?" Finn inquired. "I'm a man now, so I should join your wretched cause?"

"Is it not better to join me than spend the remainder of your mortal life aligned to a woman who always manipulated you? Brother, I offer you the opportunity to free yourself. Side with me, and I will give you the life she never once offered. A chance to choose your own path. The choice is yours, brother."

Finn just looked at him in silence.

Cami and Katherine were at the place where all Cami's uncle's information about things was. They were looking for a way that the wolves could ditch the rings, but still have control over whether to change or not without having to become hybrids like Klaus. She knew they would never go for that. In the middle of it, they started talking a little bit about her and Elijah.

"Elijah and I have barely spoken. There's been a lot of changes since before I even came here. Elijah broke up with me and then somehow Klaus and I had a one-night stand after I became a human. Now, I'm in the middle between both of them. We've barely spoken, but something not everyone gets is this. He doesn't need words to tell you how he feels. At least, not with me. It was almost simpler when Klaus was vengeful, and Elijah and I were still together off and on throughout the centuries. Now, things are different. I'm stuck between two people. One hunted me for over a century for ruining his plans to become what he was supposed to be in the first place. The other has always loved and adored me. Elijah fell in love with who I was the first time I was human, though. Not who I turned out to be when I was a vampire, or even how I am now. Klaus cares in his own way, and he knows what it's like for Elijah to want to make you how you once were by redeeming you. Klaus and I don't really believe in redemption. Elijah though, is still..."

"Under your skin," Cami finished for her. "Well, there's no right answer to this. You just have to figure out what's best for you. Think long and hard about your decision," she added, almost seeming like she was talking about Kat's decision about who to choose, but also her decision of what to do to get the wolves out from under Esther's hook.

Kol was still in the chair and in pain from the tool that Marcel had jabbed into his hand.

"We can keep doing this as long as you want," Marcel said. "Or," he added, pulling the tool out of his hand and then biting his wrist and feeding him his blood. "I can kill you now and turn you into a brand-new baby vampire." Then, when his wound began to heal, Marcel took his wrist away and put a blade near Kol's throat.

"Go on. Do it. My mother's got plans for me, whether I like it or not," Kol replied. "If I die, she'll just pop me into another body. Not that my family would care that much if the death was permanent."

Marcel took the blade away and then asked him, "What are you really up to? Hm? And what's it got to do with Davina?"

"Heh! You're afraid I'm gonna break her little heart," Kol replied. "That's down right parental of you, Marcel."

Marcel was about to jab Kol with the blade he still had in his hand, when Klaus appeared.

"Easy, Marcel. Easy," Klaus said. "Let's give Kol a little longer to decide before we lop off his head."

Marcel leaned over the chair, as he commented, "Comments like that, he already thinks that you don't care."

Klaus stood a distance away from where Kol sat, hands behind his back.

"Is that so, brother?"

"You only daggered me a dozen times," Kol reminded him. "You always cared more for Marcel than you did for me."

"Well, I didn't realize I'd hurt your feelings."

"Yeah, well, that's the thing of it, Nik. You don't know squat about me."

"But thanks to Marcel, I know all I need to," Klaus replied, as Marcel leaned against an archway in the room. "You're desperate to be a part of this family, aren't you? All of your mischief was just attempts for attention. You know, the truth is, Kol, you're right to feel slighted. I meant that, you're right. But perhaps there's still time to make it up to you."

Kol looked at him, when he said that last part, wanting exactly what Klaus assumed he wanted.

Katherine stood by a store and alley, as she tried to call Elijah, but she got his voicemail, instead. She didn't say it, but ever since what Esther had done, she was truly worried about him. This was the first time in 500 sum years that she could say that she was worried. She didn't even know where he was right now, so she couldn't just go look for him to make sure he was okay. And she still had until tonight to figure out what she could offer the wolves that would make them ditch the moonlight rings.

Klaus walked into the room he had Finn still chained in.

"So, brother, ready to embrace your new life of freedom?" Klaus asked, as he entered, the keys to the shackles in hand.

"I'm already free, brother," Finn replied, wanting nothing to do with Klaus.

"You're aware our mother cares nothing for you?" Klaus replied, putting the keys in his pocket.

"Niklaus, I assure you, my mother loves me. She loves all of her children. You would not exist without her sacrifice." He then added, as Klaus walked away, "Do you even know the truth? That she was barren?" That made Klaus stop and turn to look at him. Then Finn told him the truth that Klaus hadn't known before. "And she grew so desperate for a family that she begged one of the most powerful witches for help. Her sister, Dahlia. Of course, Dahlia's price was high. She agreed to make our mother fertile, but in exchange, she sought the firstborn as sacrifice. Having no other choice, our mother gave away our beloved Freya."

"Our sister died of plague," Klaus said, denying that their mother would have done that, knowing that if he let himself believe it, then he'd most likely have to deal with Dahlia to protect his daughter from her.

"Esther gave her away," Finn informed him. "Think about that. The pain. The grief."

Klaus approached him.

"If what you say is true, then death is far too delicate a fate for her."

"She loves us more than you realize," Finn told him.

"And is love the reason she wanted my child dead?"

"She was trying to protect you from Dahlia's curse," Finn informed him.

"What curse!?" Klaus yelled at him.

"Dahlia demanded the first born of every generation. Had your child lived, she would have paid the price. And if anyone had tried to protect her, Dahlia would come and destroy us all."

Elijah was at a diner with Rebekah and Hope, seated at a booth.

"Look at you," he greeted, as he held her. "So big, so perfect. I can't imagine the joy of spending every day with her," he added to Rebekah. "It's..."

"Quite lovely," Rebekah finished for him. "It feels so human."

"Yes. Some would argue, the most human of experiences."

"I know I have to give her back to Katherine when the time is right," Rebekah replied. "But she's made me realize how much I want that child of my own I know I can't have."

"It's a lovely dream," Elijah told her. "Unfortunately, it's one that's just beyond our reach, considering the curse of our existence."

"It seems Esther's attacking with her usual fervor," Rebekah informed him.

"Yes, Mother tortured me for days with memories I thought I'd buried long ago. Then she made an offer to make us all mortal again. You see, sister, Mother believes that by placing us in new bodies, we could then reclaim some kind of purity. We can begin families of our own again. And I have to confess, Rebekah, this invitation, however cruel the delivery, had a certain kind of appeal." Rebekah noticed a stain on the cuff of his suit. "You needn't worry. We're safe."

Rebekah, sensing that something was off with Elijah, got up from her booth with Hope's stuff.

"Looks like this little one needs her diaper changed."

Elijah gave Hope back to Rebekah. Then, when she walked around the diner, she found bodies in the back and blood on some bar stools and a counter.

Klaus was in the courtyard of the compound, leaving yet another message to Elijah.

"I'm done leaving messages, Elijah. To say that this is urgent would be a gross understatement. We need to speak immediately."

He hung up and put his phone back in his pocket. Then he turned around to see Davina.

"I was wondering if you were ever going to show up. I'm afraid I'm not done torturing your darling Kol. You best run along while you still can."

"I'm not going anywhere, Klaus," she stubbornly told him.

Marcel came into the courtyard.

"Whoa. D, today is not the day."

"Actually, I think it is," she said, before magically snapping his neck. Then she approached Klaus some distance. "Looks like it's just you and me now."

Jackson stood in the church, starting his speech.

"I know you're angry and scared. But we are a pack, no matter what."

One werewolf stood up from his pew and stood in the walkway between the pews.

"You've been check out for months. Why should we listen to you?"

"Because he's the alpha," Aiden replied, also getting up from his pew. He then turned around to look at the werewolf that had spoken. "You got a problem with that?"

"I wanna hear what Jackson has to say," Katherine said.

"This is a pack meeting," the wolf that had spoken first said. "You're not one of us."

Katherine stood in front of the wolf.

"No? I may not be a werewolf, but my child I carried for months was, which sort of makes me a part of all of this. Now, you want a way to control your change without the help of magical rings? Sit down, shut up, and listen," she said, and went to stand next to Jackson.

Davina was still in the courtyard with Klaus.

"You forget yourself," Klaus said. "You're not as powerful as you once were, Harvest girl."

"That doesn't mean I can't still kick your ass," she replied, before magically tossing him, making him go through a wooden wall. When she got to the spot he was though, he wasn't there anymore. Then, when she turned to find out where he was, he easily tossed her across the floor.

"Such hubris. And from one who bleeds so easily."

She used a piece of wall to get to her feet, a little bit of blood on her head.

"You talk such a good game, but you couldn't even kill Mikael when you had the chance. He was right about you, you know. You're weak."

A moment later, he was behind her and bit into the side of her neck. Then, when he let go, because of what she'd put in her system, he collapsed.

Davina stood over him, watching for when he was going to wake up, when she heard Kol behind her.

"That's impressive," he praised her. "What exactly did you do to him?"

"I channeled dark objects, turned my blood to poison. How did you get free?"

She crossed her arms at that last question.

"Long story. Better to ask, if he's not dead, what are you gonna do when he recovers?"

"We have an hour or less. Enough time to chain him, bleed him, dump him in the river," Davina replied.

"A bit harsh, isn't it?" Kol questioned.

"Since when do you care what happens to Klaus?"

Marcel woke up, healed from his broken neck, and got to his feet.

"Kol is with us now. We're gonna be going up against Esther, assuming Klaus is upright."

"Look. Nik, he's a pain in the ass, but, well, she's a problem for us all," Kol told Davina, trying to persuade her.

"Klaus is the problem," Davina disagreed. "I don't care what happens to Esther."

"Yeah, well, I sure do," Cami said, entering the courtyard. Then, seeing Klaus on the ground, looked at Marcel. "Should I even ask?"

"Cami, you should go. It's not safe," Davina advised her.

"No kidding," Cami replied. "I woke up with puncture wounds on my spine and no idea how they got there. According to my uncle's files, they're part of this ancient spell. I don't know about you guys, but when I see "ancient" and "spell" in the same sentence, I think Esther."

Katherine was still at the church with the wolves.

"You all need help, and you know it. I'm sure you've heard the stories from when I was a vampire. Now, whatever it is that you think of me, werewolves have always been my friends and allies. I don't know how many of you bought the story you grew up on, the Unification myth. Well, it is all true. Which means with some critiquing with the Unification spell, you can all have control over your wolf form. This isn't just about uniting your pack. It's about forming a new community."

"This will change everything for us. It'll give us the strength we need to defend ourselves. Then, and only then, will we finally have peace," Jackson told them all.

"It's your choice. Keep the rings and be somebody's puppet, or be part of the greatest pack that ever lived."

Aiden stood up and walked up to where Katherine stood, dropping his moonlight ring.

"I'm in," he told her.

Cami sat down, as Kol looked at what her back looked like.

"Yeah, that's Mom's work, alright. She must have wiped your memory," Kol said.

"Not the first time that's been done by a member of this family. What's it mean?" Cami wanted to know.

"It's a by-product of a preparation spell."

"Preparation for what?" Davina wanted to know.

"To make her a vessel," Kol informed them all.

Marcel looked down, before looking at Cami.

"He means Esther prepared your body for someone to jump into."

"Likely herself," Kol interjected. "I mean, knowing Mother."

"Where's Vincent?" Cami asked. Then, when she was told where he was, she entered the room and gave him a slap across the face. "Why me, out of everyone in this city?"

"Because you're perfect," Vincent told her. "Healthy, beautiful, smart, and alone. Nobody would question any personality changes. And as I discovered from my sessions, Niklaus would not allow you to be harmed."

"Fix this," she demanded of him. "Do something to stop it."

"I can't. Only my mother can."

"I will step in front of a moving truck before I let your mother take over my body."

"She's wasn't preparing you for herself, Cami. She was preparing you for Rebekah," Finn informed her.

Marcel stood by the door, as Finn told her that.

Cami looked at Marcel.

Rebekah stood with Hope in her arms, trying to figure out what she was going to do about Elijah, still at the diner. Then, when Hope made a noise, she approached where Elijah was, saying, "Well, she's all sorted and ready for an adventure. Aren't you, my love?"

Rebekah put Hope back in her baby carrier.

Elijah looked at Hope, as he said, "It's difficult to believe we were all this innocent once. We mustn't let the world ever hurt her."

"You're right. We mustn't," she said, before snapping Elijah's neck."

Cami was back in the courtyard with them all.

"How long do I have?" she asked.

"Well, now that Esther knows where Rebekah's hiding, not long," Kol admitted to her. "The only way to stop it is to stop her."

"Then let's do this," Cami replied. "Marcel is a vampire, you both are powerful witches."

"Esther is stronger than anything I've ever seen. We go up against her, we're gonna need Klaus," Marcel said.

"No," Davina said, getting up from the couch. "No, we can do this without him."

"I'm never gonna say this again, but Marcel's right," Kol said. "We do need the bastard."

Cami approached Davina.

"Davina, I know this is asking a lot, but please."

After a few minutes, Davina did a spell to wake Klaus up, which worked. She still stood over Klaus, though, as he sat up.

"What did she do to me?" Klaus asked, seeing them, as he got to his feet.

"All you need to know is that I beat you, again."

"And yet you relented," Klaus replied. "You need me, don't you? Did I really lose?"

Katherine was still at the church with Jackson, this time without the presence of the pack.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Jackson wanted to know.

"Well, I wouldn't want your pack separated like this for the rest of time. And as I said earlier, wolves have always been my friends and allies. When I couldn't count on vampires to help me, I could always count on werewolves."

"Look, I know you're only doing this to help my people, but thank you, anyway."

"You're right. I'm doing it to help the wolves. They shouldn't have to live like this. No one should have to break bones every moon or wear a ring to stop the transformation. I can't imagine the pain, but I know one thing. You're a family. You have to stick together, just like I have to stick with my new family. My life has always been complicated from the start, even before I knew about the supernatural existing. One thing that I always stayed true to though, was to stick with your family. The only downfall is I didn't have one then. Even when I did have a human family, it wasn't all cracked up to be. My father wasn't as brutal as Mikael always was to Klaus, but my father still wasn't who he should have been. There's a war happening now with their parents again. And there's very few people I trust these days. If you come out of this war alive and something happens to me, I need you to keep an eye out for someone. A long time ago, I gave up trying to find the last of my family, but if my daughter was ever like me, she found a way to live. For all I know, she could be a vampire. My father tore her away, but I got to name her before she was born. If Nadia Petrova comes looking in New Orleans, I want you to help her in every way you can," she agreed and then told Jackson, trusting him to do what she asked if she didn't get to see the end of the tunnel of war. She wasn't stupid. She knew the people closest to the Mikaelsons and other people during Mikaelson war tended to end up dead. If that happened to her, she wanted her previous daughter and Hope to have all the help they could get. Hope growing up. Nadia for finding any answers she needed. After all, she knew nobody was promised to live tomorrow.

"Don't worry. I'll do what you ask. If Nadia comes here looking for you and you're not here anymore, I'll help her," he promised her. He was a good guy. He wouldn't turn someone away that was looking for answers, despite their species.

She gave a smile, glad that he was willing.

Kol sat on a couch at the compound, as he ate a roll from a plate he'd taken from a table that had a lot of food on it.

"Quite nice of you, coming to my rescue like that," he commented to Davina, when she entered the room.

"You know, it's a good thing you didn't actually steal the stake from me," Davina replied. "Or I'd have been the one torturing you."

"That mean you trust me now?" he quizzed her.

"Provided you're not busy concocting a new paralytic to use against me," Klaus began, entering the room. "I'd like a word with my brother."

"Well, to be honest, I can't stand being around you, anyway," Davina replied, before leaving the room.

"For the record, didn't know a bloody thing about Mother's plan for Cami, I swear," Kol assured him.

"Well, I think I can judge for myself which of her schemes she would entrust to you, and which she would not. I believe this was Finn's task."

"And where, pray tell, is he now?"

"He's waiting uncomfortably for me to return and deliver his punishment," Klaus answered. "Pass the beignets, would you?"

Kol did likewise.

"It's only a matter of time before Mother gets bored of waiting for you to let us go," Kol reminded him.

"Thank you," Klaus replied, before beginning to eat.

"Well, Finn at least," Kol added. "Don't expect she'd care if I never came home."

"A mother cares for her children," Klaus reminded him. "A monster does not. Once you accept she is the latter, you'll stop expecting the former. And despite what you might think, Kol, I did mourn you after your death. And I did attempt to avenge you. I would do nothing less because we are brothers. Always and forever."

Klaus got up, when his phone rang in his back pocket.

"Excuse me." Then, once he reached the stairs, he answered and asked, "Where have you been?"

"Nik, it's me. Something's wrong. Elijah slaughtered a dozen people whose only sin was terrible taste in food. When have you known him to kill when he could compel? It's the kind of act that'll draw our mother's attention," Rebekah told him.

"Her torture must have affected him more deeply than I realized," Klaus said, sighing. "Where is he now?"

"I broke his neck to keep us safe, but I have no clue what to do next."

"Do you recall where we dined the Christmas after we fled Mikael?" Klaus asked her.

"Of course."

"Go there now," Klaus told her. He then hung up his phone and entered the room he had Finn in. "If you enjoyed last night's activities, then you're in for a treat."

"Niklaus, listen to me. Our mother—"

"Not another word," Klaus replied. "No more fairytales about witches and curses."

"If you think it's a fairytale, then why do I see fear in your eyes?" Finn asked him.

"Marcel," Klaus called. "Bring it in."

Marcel brought in Finn's coffin.

"No," Finn said. "Niklaus, no."

"Oh, don't worry, brother. I made some air holes. Small ones," Klaus said, before throwing him into the coffin and closing it up.

Marcel locked the coffin, as Klaus left the room.

"Klaus, have you seen Elijah?" Kat asked, as she entered the courtyard in the direction Klaus was heading to. "There's something I need to tell you both."

"You can tell me on the way," Klaus told her.

"What? Where are we going?" she asked.

Klaus stopped at the door and turned to look at her.

"To see our daughter," Klaus told her.

Kat followed Klaus out, silent, but happy that they were going to go see her. Although, she wondered where they were going, considering as far as she knew, Rebekah wasn't in town with Hope. She knew she'd been gone all day though, so a lot could have happened while she'd been dealing with wolves.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

969 16 25
In which it wasnt Hayley who got pregnant, but rather her best friend Niklaus Mikealson x oc The originals x oc
124K 3K 28
As Hayley was getting carried through St. Anne's Church to give birth to who she and the witches believed to be her only child, all it took was Genev...
147K 3.4K 35
{COMPLETE} After Klaus finds out Hope isn't his child and Caroline and Tyler break up they meet again. But will it be the same? When they find out a...
183K 3.5K 69
⚠️under reconstruction ⚠️ Mia was adopted by Stefan, after being found in the woods. Her father is supposedly dead. But what happens when he comes ar...