All or Nothing (August Alsina...

By RockofAges

Fresh out of high school Kashmere has everything figured out for the most part, until she meets August and de... More

Introduction:
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Short)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 (Bonus)
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65 (Final Chapter)

Chapter 2

44.7K 1.4K 1K
By RockofAges

The club incident was all and forgotten once the next week got underway. It was summer and although I would love to stay at home, in bed all day I had another priority and that was dance practice. Me and the girls formed a dance crew about two years ago and danced in a local dance battle every Friday. There were male groups, female groups and unisex groups and we of course were one of the female groups. Correction we were the female group and no one other female crew could compete with us. 

So far this year we had yet to lose one battle. I blame that on our hard work and dedication. Last year we barely got any wins but this year that was all going to change. I had my eyes on the prize this year and that was winning the last battle later this year. Instead of going against other crews in your group three crews would compete against each other. The male, unisex, and female crews with the most wins for this season. The way me and the girls saw it that was going to be us since so far this year we were undefeated. 

The winner got to split five thousand dollars within there crew but it wasn't even about the money to me. It was proving everyone who doubted us wrong. Last year we sucked and people talked a lot of crap about us, and I was out to prove last one of them wrong. I just wanted the recognition and the bragging rights. I wanted people to take us seriously, that we were just as good, if not better than anyone else in the area. 

For now though we just made sure each week we came up with a flawless routine. First thing we had to agree on though was a song to dance to. Four girls, four different personalities and four different tastes in music. For the most part we usually picked a popular song to dance to, something that everyone knew but this week I wanted to do something different.

Monday I woke up and got ready for work. I worked down at the local boys and girls club and taught a summer dance class Monday through Friday.  I didn't get paid that much but I didn't care, it wasn't about the money. It was a way for me to help out in the community, get some kids off the street and show them that if they worked hard they could do anything that wanted to do. They were mainly middle school aged kids and each one of them had talent whether they saw it or not. They might not have knew it but they inspired me. I taught them different routines and moves and they even taught me some in return. I loved working with kids and it was way better than finding some boring, simple retail job for the summer. 

The class I taught ranged anywhere from an hour to two. After I dismissed them I headed over to my own dance practice. I took the bus there and I showed up late but I wasn't to concerned considering yesterday I had picked a song and even came up with a routine, but it needed a little bit of work. That's what the girls were for. 

Even though I was late I was the first one to get there and went and changed into my dance clothes. After that I started to stretch I turned towards the door to see them all coming in. After the girls got settled they joined me to stretch. 

"So what song are we dancing to this week," Julianna asked us and as they debated I cut in. 

"Actually," I spoke up, "I already picked out a song and came up with a routine but it's kind of rough."

"See, I told you to much time on your hands," Crystal shook her head and I rolled my eyes. She thought that I had no life but was it bad that I liked to be alone? That I actually liked dancing in my spare time?

I ignored her comment and got up from my spot and walked over to the sound system and connected my i-pod and once I found the song I pushed play and quickly jogged to my spot. 

This routine was out of the ordinary for me to come up with. I usually came up with basic to complex choreography and sexy and flirty wasn't really my thing. In all honesty I surprised myself.  It was something out of my comfort zone but sometime you had to take chances. The dance needed some slight touching up but I knew the girls would help with that, I also knew they were going to ask questions. 

A couple of minutes later the song was over and I was slightly out of breath. I turned off my music and looked at the girls waiting for them to give me there opinions. Instead they just stared at me not saying a word. 

"So....?"

That was an open invitation to ask me a million and one questions such as, who I was trying to show off for and what had gotten into me. I answered the questions nonchalantly and refused anymore so we could start practicing. They would talk all day if I let them. 

It was only Monday and they helped to perfect the dance a little but there was no rush, we still had 2 more practices before Friday night. 

The upcoming days before the battle we practiced until we got the dance down pact and picked out some outfits to dance to. We never went over the top with the outfits or matched them but we did make sure we looked good though and this week the girls wanted something cute to go with the dance so I let them decide as I really could care less what we wore.

The week went by fast and Friday was here before I knew it. As usual I went to work and after that I met up with the girls for a quick practice. Then we all went our separate ways and I got home and chilled out for a while until I had to get ready for tonight. 

At 5:00 I showered and dressed, grabbing my bag with the outfit I was dancing to tonight and other essentials and waited around for the girls to pick me up. 

Danielle picked me up around 5:30 and when got there we greeted some regulars and went to the back and changed. I was done, not bothering with anything extra while Crystal had to be the one to stand out putting on makeup and jewelry. I put on some small hoops and decided to leave my curly natural hair as is. 

The battle started after six and everything was going smoothly, two crews already went and I was just anticipating our turn.

"Oh my god," Crystal said aloud diverting all of our attention to her and she looked off in the distance. 

"What," Julianna asked her slightly panicked like the rest of us.

"August is here," she exclaimed and my eyes quickly followed in the direction she was looking at.

I was shocked and kind of confused, it was Friday night and out of all the places he could be and the things he could be doing he decided to show up here?

"What is he doing here," Danielle looked just as confused as me. 

"He must have seen my Instagram post reminding people to show up tonight," Crystal spoke up.

"You posted that every week this year so far and he never bothered to show up before," Julianna reminded her and I agreed. This didn't seem like his type of scene. 

"I'm going to go say hi," Crystal was about to walk over but Danielle grabbed her arm pulling her back. 

"No your not your going to stand here and focus and then after we nail this dance you can go talk, smile and flirt with him all you want," Danielle told her letting go of her arm. 

Crystal started to pout and I rolled my eyes at her dramatic ass. I knew it just could have been a coincidence but he's only come out once before and that was last year. I remember Crystal whining about him leaving during the second half before she got a chance to say hi. 

It's not like i cared if he was here anyway, but for some reason I felt nervous. I've been dancing in public for damn near all of my life and I barely ever get nervous. Every so often I felt my eyes drift over to where he was sitting. He already had an audience of thirsty girls crowding around, trying to get his attention. It was so hard to look away though, he was always cute but for some reason tonight he was looking beyond that. He was dressed simple yet nice and I was glad he wasn't one of those boys who just rocked plain boring T's all the time. He had on a gold chain and...

I stopped staring and took a step back when I noticed Danielle snapping her fingers in my face bringing me out of my trance. 

"Your drooling Kashmere," she smiled and I rolled my eyes. 

"Whatever," I focused ahead on the team that was currently dancing. 

"Keep drooling. You wouldn't know what to do with that," Crystal smirked all the while keeping her eyes focused on August. I looked at him again and memories of last weekend and and our not so pleasant conversation came to mind. Then he looked over at me and our eyes locked and my breath caught in my throat. I didn't know whether to roll my eyes at him, smile, or just turn away before I embarrassed myself. I opted for the later and focused my attention elsewhere for the remainder of the day. 

Soon it was our time to go and hit the floor.

"Kashmere you better step it up and bring it, I don't need you looking stiff," Crystal said as we walked to the floor. 

I looked at her like she had lost her mind, she just insulted me in the worse way. I was never stiff, I was the best dancer in the group. I wasn't being conceited or cocky but it was the truth. I was the one putting my all into this while they were out, having fun every weekend. I was the one who came up with most of the choreography, choreography they led us to be undefeated all this year.  

Stiff. She didn't know it but she just ignited a fire in me. I was going to show her and everybody else in here that I was a forced to be reckoned with. We took our places and as soon as the music started I let myself go. Making sure I hit every move not just perfectly but flawlessly. Moving my body to the music as if they were one stepping up the sex appeal.

When our dance came to end the crowd clapped and applauded loudly. I loved the feeling, it was a like a high to me. Me and the girls smiled and waved at the crowd and walked off so the next crew could have there go. As we walked off Crystal caught up with me. 

"What was that out there," she asked still trying to catch her breath.

"What was what," I asked her innocently. 

"You out there trying to outshine me," she looked salty and I knew it was because as usual she was the one who brought the sex appeal. And since August was here she wanted all of the attention on her. 

"I don't know what your talking about, you told me not to be stiff so," I shrugged. 

"I told you to not look stiff and you went out there a-," she stopped talking and we all diverted our attention to the boys headed our way and leading the front was August.

Crystal dropped the conversation and started running her hands through 'her' long hair and fixed her clothes. I looked back over at them walk our way and the closer he got the more my stomach fluttered. I don't know why but I knew that it had something to do with how attractive he was, an asshole but very attractive none the less. While he walked over his eyes were on me but before he got to close Crystal jumped in front of me. 

"Hi August," Crystal smiled and I almost laughed at her overly flirty tone.

"Hey wassup...umm," he looked to be in thought. She was probably pissed on the inside but didn't show it. All the flirty that she did, he never took the bait and I know that for a fact because if she did we wouldn't hear the end of it. 

"Crystal," she told him her name and I took that as my cue to walk past them and headnto my original destination the girls locker room.  I refused to stand around and make a fool of myself like Crystal was doing. I cooled myself down drinking some water and sitting in solace since mainly everyone else was still outside watching the remaining crews.

I had been sitting there in silence, playing a game on my phone when the three of them walked in with smiles on there faces and talking. They grabbed there drinks as well and sat around and I listened as Crystal talked excitedly about August and how he actually was paying her attention for once.

"Why'd you run off," Danielle asked me. 

"I was thirsty," I shrugged. 

"You know," Crystal turned her attention to me, "August has four friends..."

"Your point being," I mugged her already knowing where she was going with this. 

"There are four of them, four of us it could be fun we cou-"

"Not interested," I cut her off before she could even finish. 

"Err, your never interested in anything, anything fun anyway," Crystal rolled her eyes at me.

"I have plenty of fun, didn't you see me out there," I smiled reminding her how I just killed it out there. 

Crystal gave me a mug and Julianna spoke up. 

"You know," Julianna smiled, "He asked about you."

"Who's he," I asked her hopefully. 

"August," Danielle smiled at me and my eyes widened and my stomach started fluttering again but I played it off or tried to. 

"What'd he ask," I asked innocently.

"Asked why you walked off," Julianna told me and I frowned, that's it?

"He looked like he was about to follow you," Danielle smiled. 

"But I kept him occupied," Crystal cut in reapplying her lip gloss. 

"Surprise surprise," I rolled my eyes and stood up, "I'm going to go back out."

I left the dressing room and made my way through a couple of people and stood off to the side so I could get a good view of the remaining crews, the boy crews were up now. I watched on, as Braden's crew danced. If anyone was competition it was there crew. Luckily everything was divided up for now, but if we had to go up against them at the last battle we had to come hard. After they were done I watched them walk off knowing they had that they were a sure win for the male crews. 

I just so happened to turn to my left and damn near had a heart attack once I noticed August heading my way. I turned away ignoring the fluttering in my stomach again. If I didn't know better I would think that I had some kind of crush on him.  Once I looked again he was standing next to me, he smelt really good was the first thing that came to mind. 

"We meet again."

I looked up at him and we made eye contact.

"What do you want," I sighed. 

"Why you so hostile, can I just talk to you?"

"You mean like you did last weekend," I asked. He sighed and looked off into the distance before focusing his attention back on me. 

"I gotta apologize for that, I was out of it and I shoulda never  came at you like I did," he looked to be sincere, he also looked uncomfortable like he wasn't used to apologizing and he probably wasn't. I smiled at him. 

"Apology accepted."

He looked surprised "Just like that, your not going to cuss me out?"

"I can if you want me to..."

"Nah, I'm good."

We were quiet as I directed my attention to the crew that was dancing, I wasn't really interested in them but it was better than watching him stare at me. I could feel his eyes roaming me but for some reason I didn't say anything, I let him look me over freely wondering if he liked what he saw. 

"How come you didn't tell ya girls about last weekend," he asked and I knew what he was getting at. I didn't tell the girls about me running into him, and mainly because of Crystal and her big mouth. 

"I didn't think it was important," I shrugged and it wasn't. I turned down plenty of guys without the girls knowledge. 

"So what you sayin' is you don't  think I'm important," he asked me stepping closer to me, towering over me. I would have moved back but I wanted to show him that I wasn't affected by him. I looked at him and we held eye contact. 

"Should I?"

"I don't know Kashmere." It took me a second to realize that he said my real name and that I never told him it.

"How di-."

"I got connections," he smirked. There it goes. 

"You've been asking about me," I teased and that caused him suck his teeth and look away. 

"It's not like dat."

I just smiled, "So what are you doing here then, looking for me?"

"If I said yea would you go out wit me?"

His question caught me off guard, way off guard and my mouth hung open.  He chuckled and I wanted to slap myself for probably looking stupid. Even once I closed my mouth he was still laughing and I felt dumb. 

"You were kidding," I realized shaking my head. Course he was, why the hell would he want a girl like me anyway. Wishful thinking. 

"I didn't mean to laugh but ya face was hilarious. But to answer ya question,  I'm not kiddin'."

I turned to look back at him and he looked dead serious but I still didnt believe him. Why would he ask me to go anywhere with him? Was this some kind of ploy to finish what he started last weekend?

For once I was happy to see Crystal heading our way and as soon as she reached us I quickly walked away.  

The judges were deliberating and for that I was glad, I was ready to get out of here. Once they had there results the DJ announced the male crew winner first and he saved the best for last, us. We cheered but it was no surprise to us that we won. Crystal took tonight's envelope with our winnings in it and I was just glad we won. 

Mr. P or Perry was the guy was the guy who made it possible for us to do this. He loved to dance when he was our age and renovated this place. Everyone who showed up had to pay an admission fee and that admission fee got split four ways, to each groups winner and the rest to him. Sometime it would be more money depending on how many people showed up and tonight was a busy night. 

After the money was dished out me and the girls were about to walk off but Mr. P stopped me.

"Yes," I asked him. 

"You have a secret admirer," he told me and before I could ask what he was talking about he handed me an envelope and on the front 'Kassie' my nickname was printed. I took it and didnt know what was inside but had a feeling on who it was from. 

When I caught up with the girls they were already getting changed. 

"Where did you disappear to," Julianna asked but I didn't answer as I opened the envelope and inside was money, lots of it, all hundred dollar bills. 

"Where the hell did you get that," Danielle asked drawing attention to me but I was in shock so I didnt answer. 

"I don't know," I didnt know how much it was so I started counting and when I was done I put it all back in the envelope. 

"How much is that," Crystal asked.

"A thousand..."

"Thousand!" There eyes all went wide and I knew that sooner rather than later they were going to find out about me and August, me and August?? There was no me and August. I wondered what the hell his intentions were and why would he give a girl he barely knew 1000 dollars but I was going to find out. 

"We should split it," I suggested and Danielle immediately shook her head.

"If it was given to you then its for you."

"Did it come with a note?" Crystal asked.

"No," I shook my head, it didnt need to. 

"I want to know what nigga gave you a grand and for what," Crystal asked still in shock and I didn't answer her, just continued getting dressed in silence my mind on overdrive. 

After grabbing our stuff we left saying hi and bye to some people who were hanging around and met up at our usual spot. It was tradition every Friday we would come here with several other crews and folks and eat, laugh, just goof off and the owner was cool about that. It was probably his busiest night so of course he couldn't complain if we were all spending money. 

We got there and I paid for all of us letting them order anything that they wanted. The place was packed as usual and before I could even bite my second slice of pizza random guys kept trying to talk to the girls, none even dared to talk to me and for that I was glad. 

That's because boys were disrespectful and I had to put more than a few in check when they came up to me talking like they had no sense. "Hey ma, wassup shorty....blah blah, no. If you were going to talk to me you had to come at me with some respect or else I sure as hell wasn't going to show you any. But I just wasn't focused on boys like other girls my age, immature and just wanted to one thing. 

So I sat back and did one of my other favorite things, eat. After my fifth slice I couldn't eat anymore, just the smell of pizza was making me sick. I sat back in my seat and put my hands on my stomach and listened to the girls talk about this and that and I chimed in every so often. I was talking about ideas for next week and was coming up with idea. I was giving them my ideas when some rude negro came up to our table cutting me off trying to get at Crystal. 

Before he could spit her lame ass line at her I cut him off. 

"Excuse you."

He turned to look at me. 

"You talking to me?"

"Who else would I be talking to, we were having a conversation, excuse yourself," I pointed to the left and he looked at me like I was crazy and I looked back at him the same way. Danielle and Julianna didnt even try to hold back there laughs. 

"You joking?"

"Does it look like I'm joking," I asked and he sucked his teeth and looked at Crystal. 

"I'll talk to you later," Crystal assured him and he gave her a nod and walked off. Good Riddance.

"You didn't have to do him like that," Crystal said to me and I waved her off as Danielle and Julianna laughed louder.

"Least now I know I'm not the only one," I heard his voice and I paused and looked up to see him standing there. He gave me a smirk and I then focused his attention on the girls saying hi again.  

The girls all said hi but I just gave hit him with a head nod. I thought we would get the hint but instead he took it upon himself to seat next to me on the edge of the booth and put his arm behind me. I was in slight shock and when I looked at the girls they seemed to be also. I ignored them, I just had one question for him. 

"Why?"

"Why what?"

I pulled out the envelope and slid it in his direction. He glanced down at it and back at me not even blinking. Like I figured. 

"Why'd would you give me a thousand dollars?"

The girls were all making background noises, probably shocked but I shut them out and only focused on him. 

"Cause I can."

"That's not a valid reason."

He sighed, "I know you start college in a couple of months and I just wanted to help you out."

His answer only confused me more, who in the hell was telling him all of my info? I didn't have any social media and didn't have that many friends, except for the girls. My eyes immediately landed on Crystal, she basically had everything but her social security number on her twitter and Instagram account and since me and the girls were all going to local college I wouldn't be surprised if he had found out that way.

"I don't need nor want your help," I told him, "So you can have it back."

"I cant take it back, it yours."

"Well I don't want it."

"Its yours do what you want wit it, you can keep it, give it away to charity, whatever I'm not takin' it back."

I shook my head. Who the fuck gives away money so nonchalantly? Then I remembered who he was, this was probably nothing to him but still. 

Before I could argue with him anywhere he spoke up again.

"Anyway forget all that, I know we got off on the wrong foot and I think we should start over."

"Why," I blurted out. 

He shook his head and sighed and focused his attention behind me and looked at the girls. 

"She always this difficult?"

I watched as the girls shrugged with mirrored expressions, not wanting to admit that I was, except for Crystal. 

"Always," she nodded. 

I was offended that they were talking about me like I wasn't here, I wasn't always difficult and its not like I didnt have my reasons. 

"What am I supposed to be, easy," I asked him. 

He chuckled before looking me dead in my face, "You can be whatever you want, it don't matter to me."

He was to close to me, and If I moved over anymore I would be on Julianna's lap. 

"Well you never answered my earlier question, I was bein' serious when I said I wanted to take you out."

The girls all gasped and I heard Danielle I'm sure mumbled 'oh shit' while Crystal started coughing loudly. I rolled my eyes and once Crystal stopped coughing I focused my attention on back on August.

"And what makes you think I would want to go out with someone like you?"

"You really know how to bruise a nigga's ego don't you?"

"Besides dancing it's what I do best," I shrugged and he smiled and chuckled and for some reason a smile appeared on my face as well.  

"I got ya' to smile, so is that a yes?"

My smile faded, this was going to far. Usually any other boy would have quit by now. 

"You don't even know me."

"We can get to know each other when I take ya out."

I looked down and ignored Julianna's not so subtle elbow to the ribs and Danielle's cough cover up of 'bitch say yes'.  Crystal just looked speechless, like she was about go go in shock. 

"Tell you what, I got three friends, you got three friends we could make it a group thing. We can just hit up the mall, see a movie..."

I was silent, that sounded better than being with him alone. And if he got on my nerves I could ditch him or better yet pass him on to Crystal. 

"I aint leavin' until ya say yes."

He was persistent, I give him that and I wanted to say no but something told me he wouldn't leave me be until I told him what he wanted to hear. 

"O-okay."

"Is that a yes," he smiled. 

"Yes," I smiled nodding. 

He smiled wider, "Cool so you gon' give me ya number?"

I nodded and he handed dug in his pocket and I turned away when he entered his pass code and when I turned around again he was holding it towards me with a hint of a smirk on his face. I took it and entered my number in and handed it back over to him. After he took it he entered what I assumed was my name and then my cell phone was vibrating. I took it out and stared at him.

"I had to check," he shrugged, "Now I got yours and you got mine, so you cant say you didnt answer cause you aint recognize the number."

Damn

"I gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow night?"

"Yes," I nodded and he smiled at me and stood up. He fixed his shirt and looked down at me and smirked. 

"Can I get a hug?"

"Don't press your luck," I shook my head and chuckled. He said bye to me and then bye to the girls and I watched him as he walked off the front to his friends who were waiting by the front. He looked back at me once more before he walked out and once he was gone I sighed. What did I just do?

Several pairs of eyes were on me, but they didnt compare to a certain three. I turned around and the girls were all staring at me. Here we go....

"What?"

That was an open invitation for them to start firing off questions and I decided to start off from the beginning. Telling them about me and August had a run in last week. Talking and answering there questions the whole ride, up until the point where Danielle dropped me back off home.

I got out the car grabbing my bag and waved by the girls as they pulled off. I jogged up the couple of steps to my house pulling my keys out my bag and hurried inside. Mom was already ready for bed and she was just leaving the kitchen when I walked in the house and locked up after me.

"Did you have a nice time tonight," she asked me.

"Yes ma'am," I nodded, "We won."

"Congratulations," she smiled at me. I knew that smile wasn't genuine, she hated that I danced and thought I was better off spending my time doing something else, but she wasn't complaining when I danced ballet.

"Thanks," I smiled at her and walked closer to her, "Actually I need to talk to you about something?"

"What is it," she asked me giving me her full attention.

"Well I've had that 11:00 curfew since junior year and I was just thinking since I'm 18 now and out of high school, maybe I could get it lifted to something later?"

"Something like what," she asked me.

"Maybe one..," I looked at her hopefully and I knew she was about to say no by just her expression. 

 "Mom you know I'm responsible and cautious and you know I would never do something to put my self in harms way or even potentially mess up future plans. You can trust me, you raised me right."

"One is pretty late...I trust you to make the right decisions if you disobey my trust this curfew will be thrown out," she warned me and I nodded internally cheering in my head.

"I wont do anything stupid I promise," I smiled at her and she nodded.

"Goodnight," she said and walked off to her room.

"Goodnight," I looked after her and went to my room, dropping my bag and kicked off my shoes, My mom was very overprotective of me and I understood why, I was all she had left so she held me close, a little bit to close at times honestly. She had no other family in the states, she moved here from Jamaica when she was a little girl. My grandparents died before I was born and so she was all alone for a while until she met my dad. They met, fell in love, married blah blah blah and two years into the marriage they had me, Kashmere Marie Davis. Out of a lot of kids growing up I was one of the rare ones with a mom and a dad who were actually still happily married or at least I thought they were happy.

My dad died when I was fourteen. 

It took her a long time to get over it and in all honesty she still wasn't, it was felt like a lifetime ago but it was just four, going on five years ago. With the circumstances of his death and everything I went through after, it was hard for the both of us to move on. 

----------------------------------------------------------------Crystal in MM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 3.4K 22
Rose Shelby is a little tearaway in every sense of the word. A wild little savage girl, who grew up to be a very beautiful and extremely dangerous yo...
11.7K 556 18
Jisung is a caring and lovely person, but he always falls in love with the wrong person. Now he finally found a nice, sweet and caring person, but th...
768K 30.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
271K 6.6K 30
PSA : WRITTEN IN 2016, NOT THE BEST WORK🤭 when an angel meets vampires ---- -written in 2016 -very bad -please dont read -but i wont stop you if u d...