Chapter 47

A whole week passed by and me and the girls were practicing for the final battle which was two weeks away. Two say I was nervous was an understatement and it got worse as the days passed. We already had half of the dance down packed we just had to make sure we brought the energy because we had a lot on the line. We even had our outfits already picked out. In the mean time we were in need of a break. 

 Halloween was this past Thursday but there was a party coming up this Saturday night. It was the first time I would be at a party since I've been single. Getting ready for the night I dressed in something simple and even decided to put on some make up for the first time in weeks. D decided to be our designated driver for the evening. 

 Once we got to the party I wasted no time grabbing a drink. My main focus of tonight was trying to let loose and have fun. I was to cute to be moping around. Besides I haven't heard a peep from August since that day he showed up at my school. This morning I had finally got around to sending that box of stuff to his place, I don't know if he got it yet but I hoped that he would just accept it and move on.

 One thing that I could thank him for was in a way being with him boosted my confidence. Out of all the girls, he picked me, and to this day I was still didn't know why. 

 Not even an hour into the party I've had a little to much to drink but that didn't stop me from having fun. Finding a cute boy out in the crowd he asked me to dance and I accepted his offer. The guy was really cute, I think his name was Randy or Riley, or something with an R, and I was having a good time until that stupid Trap Queen song came on and my mind started to wander.

We had just got back from the club on a Saturday night and you thought I would be tired but I wasn't, that was probably due to the alcohol in my system. After getting taking off my dress and heels I turned on the sound system in his room and started dancing. 

 "Aint you tired," he asked and I shook my head and looked at him. He was sitting on the edge of the bed watching me. 

 "No, I got energy, got a lot of energy," I laughed continued to dance. 

 "That's' not how it go." 

 "Shut up and let me be," I waved him off, once that went on the next song was Trap Queen. Instead of changing it I danced and rapping along. I hated it at first but it was kind of catchy. Focusing my attention on August I smiled at him.

 "Come dance with me," I held out my hand. 

 "I don't dance and besides I thought you didn't like this song." 

 "I don't," I half lied. 

 "Why you rapping it then," he asked. "Cause I can," I rolled my eyes, "Are you going to dance with me or not, I'm waiting." 

 "Keep talkin' to me like ya crazy I'ma slap ya." 

 "Do it," I challenged stepping closer to him. He looked at me, straight faced before reaching out and pulled me making me fall on top of him. "Oww you as-" He cut me off me off with a kiss and I kissed him back and once he pulled away he had that stupid cocky smirk on his face and licked his lips. 

 "You was sayin'," he asked and I rolled my eyes. 

 "Whatever," I tried to climb off of him but he wouldn't let me, "I don't know why you like this song anyway, it's stupid."

 "Every king needs a queen and every queen needs a king." I was about to say something smart but then I looked him in his eyes and there was nothing I could say.