Chapter 21

After August’s apology we walked back inside and were highly surprised to see D dancing.  He was always goofing off in general but it surprised me that he was actually good.  

“What are you guys doing,” I asked them.

“Battling,” Julianna informed me.

“Just in time to because I want you next,” D pointed to me.

“Me?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you sure you want to embarrass yourself, in front of your girlfriend,” I asked him referring to Julianna.

“She should be used to it by now,” August spoke up and D gave him the finger.

“So what’s up,” D asked and I smiled and walked over to him.

“I’ll go easy on you,” I smiled patting his cheek playfully and he swatted my hand away as the music started up.  

Ten minutes later after putting him to shame me and the girls decided to teach the boys some moves and watching August dance was tragic.  How could I boy so adorably handsome not know how to dance and I was surprised I didn’t notice earlier but I guess when we danced he just stood there and I did most of the work.  After a fun afternoon we all went our separate ways before tonight. 

At home I took a shower and had some food and took a much needed nap.  When I woke up I dressed in my outfit for the night.  Ripped jean shorts, black ripped crop top, black thigh high socks and my chucks.  I still had on the necklace August gave me earlier and planned to never take it off since it would go with just about everything. 

After running some product through my hair I let it be and threw on some large hoop earrings and did my makeup.  Eye liner, mascara, and lip some simple lip gloss.  I sprayed on some perfume and after making sure I had all I needed I was heading out.  After waiting shortly for August to pick me up soon we were arriving.  

Walking in I smiled at a few people I knew one being Braden a guy from the all male group.  He was always nice to me and the girls and never phony.  

I smiled and waved at him and he started walking over to us and all of a sudden August wanted to be territorial and hold my hand but I ignored it.

“Hi Braden,” I smiled at him.

“Hey,” he smiled back at me and August loosened the grip on my hand but didn’t let it go.  Braden gave me a look and I knew what he wanted.

“Sorry August this is Braden and Braden this is August.”

August hit him with a head nod and Braden said hi politely and I shook my head at August and his rudeness. 

“Excuse him,” I smiled at Braden and Braden just shrugged it off.  

“Good luck tonight.”

“Good luck to ya’ll to.”

“I don’t need luck boo, I got skills.”

“Is that right,” I laughed.

“Damn right,” he waved at us and walked off.

“Who’s he?”

“I swore I just told you his name was Braden and you were rude as hell and it was unnecessary because Braden is gay.”

“Word?”

“Word,” I nodded.

“My bad,” he apologized and I just shrugged him off.

“Do you have to be so jealous all the time?”