Chapter 22

The next day I slept in and when it was time I got ready for the mall. Not bothering to dress up I kept it simple but cute. I walked out of the house calling out to mom that I was going out with the girls. I still haven't told her about the trip next week but I knew I had to, and soon.

In the mall while the girls were shopping, and chatting about next week I was doing that and keeping an eye out for August because I knew from Julianna that him and the boys were already here.

We headed inside the Nike store and standing outside were a group of guys. While Crystal was the main one who acted like she craved attention from the opposite sex I ignored them and was about to walk around them but two guys stepped in front of us.

"Hello" he approached us.

"Hello to you," Crystal smiled at him and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm Adrian," he smiled at us.

"I'm Crystal," she held out her hand and all the girls introduced themselves except for myself because he didn't need to know my name. When the girls wee done introducing there names he focused his attention on me.

"You don't got a name ma," he asked and I was about to respond but Crystal cut me off before I could.

"She has a boyfriend," Crystal said as if that was relevant but I knew what she was doing. Trying to put all attention on herself which I was sadly used to by now.

"That's cool, me and a couple friends are throwing a kickback and we'd love if ya'll came through," he said to us the girls asked him questions and he answered them.

"Tomorrow night, starting at nine, address is on the paper and if you do decided to come, leave your man at home," he directed the last part towards me and I didn't plan on responding to his comment.

"Her boyfriend is here," I heard Danielle say and I turned my head and just as I did me and August made eye contact. He smiled at me but his eyebrow raised when he noticed the guys talking to us.

"Wait isn't that," he looked at August like he seen him before and he probably has or heard about him.

"My boyfriend," I answered his question in some weird way kind of pleased that he looked low-key scared when he must have connected the dots in his head, "If you want I can introduce you..."

"Nah not necessary," he said and focused his attention back on us and away from August.

"So you ladies should come through here's the flyer," he passed it to me and I thanked him all the while smiling.

"See you ladies later," he walked away with his friend over to his other friends and that when I smiled at August and entered the store. I walked up and down the aisles at shoes while the girls looked at the clothes. D was looking at clothes with August and when I browsed the aisles and got to the men's section and I ran into Mike who was looking at shoes himself.

Mike was a hard person to talk to and that was because it was somewhat obvious that for some odd reason he didn't like me. Every time I was around I would notice him looking at me like I annoyed him and I just never had a one on one conversation with him, but since we were alone...

"Hi Mike," I smiled at him and he looked my way for a second and hit me with a head nod and focused his attention back on the shoes he was holding.

Okay....maybe I needed to engage him in conversation.

I looked him over and noticed one thing about him, he was always dressed nicely and always had on some crazy sneakers like right now.

"I love your shoes."