Chapter 12

I woke up the next day knowing I had a slightly busy day ahead of me. I one last class to teach, then after that I was going to the store to pick up some things for the party tomorrow for the kids and after that head to practice. 

After class, I took the bus to the store and shopped, buying enough for all the kids and then drinks. They were going to be on a sugar high tomorrow for sure. After buying everything I needed I carried the heavy ass bags on and off the bus. I needed a car a.s.a.p. 

Once I got to practice I dropped the bags and moved my fingers around trying to get some circulation back into my fingers. 

"You brought us snacks," Danielle smiled looking in my bags.

"No," I shook my head, "This stuff is for the party I'm throwing tomorrow. 

"Lucky them," Julianna pouted. 

"Did your boo drop you off," Crystal asked. 

"I didn't want to bother him so I took the bus."

"Girl, you need a car," Danielle shook her head. 

"I know," I agreed. 

"Why didn't you just call August," Julianna asked.

"I didn't want to bother him," I shrugged. 

"Why not?" Crystal was always the nosy one.

"Because I didn't feel like it," I shrugged. 

"Trouble in paradise?"  Crystal asked. 

"You wish," I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes. 

"So how did dinner with his mom go," Danielle asked.

"Great," I nodded, "Actually she's coming to the party I'm throwing for the kids tomorrow and so is August."

Me and the girls continued to talk and stretch and then I asked the million dollar question. 

"Have you guys ever been in love?"

"You love him," Danielle looked shocked. 

"No, I asked if any of you have ever been in love?"

The all seemed to think but they all shook there heads for the most part.

"I thought I was in love with Rodney, but after we broke up I knew I wasn't I think I just really liked having sex with him," Danielle joked.

"I mean I don't think I've ever been in love for real but then again it's not like I was looking for love anyway," Crystal added.

"Been with a couple of guys and I liked some but I wouldn't call it real love," Julianna added and they all looked at me and I just nodded.

"Do you think your in love with him," Julianna asked me.

"No," I shook my head, "I like him but I'm not in love with him."

"Well how do you feel about him," Crystal asked. 

They all waited for me to answer as I thought about the best way to explain this to them without sounding crazy.

"He's the first thing on my mind in the morning and the last thing before I go to sleep, and the best part of my day is when I'm spending time with him, and he makes me laugh and smile and he doesn't even have to say anything. I'm more confident now, even when he's not around I just feel better about myself and he still literally gives me butterflies when I see him," I smiled. 

"You might not be in love with him, but I think you may be falling," Julianna smiled at me and I waved her off.

"Whatever," I smiled, "We haven't even been dating that long and plus we haven't even had sex yet."