Chapter 62

Talking with Ms. Sheila gave me the push I needed to stop procrastinating and make a decision. It took a day for me to weigh the pro's and con's. Pro's of going along with my mom was I knew even though she may not show it I knew she only wanted the best for me. She's been through a lot, we both have. From losing dad to moving to me going through it mentally and emotionally, things were hard on both of us. I felt like I owed her for everything she's done for me, for us but not so much anymore. I already let her make decisions for me and run my life but I was old enough and smart enough to start making my own decisions whether it be who I date, what I do, where I go, or what I wear.

Then there was August. Was I scared of getting back together with him, yes but I was more scared of not having him in my life at all. Being with August was supposed to be fun, I wasn't supposed to fall in love with him, he wasn't supposed to fall in love with me but it was to late to turn back now. I never felt the way I do about anyone before. There had to be a reason out of all the guys that tried he was the only one to get anywhere with me. And he knew everything about me, everything and yet and still he still wanted to be with me. My past, my mom, my smart ass mouth and no matter how hard I tried to fight my feelings I still wanted to be with him to.

The next day after I made my decision I worked up the courage to call August. Trying to think of the right thing to say to him. During my longest break of the day I walked out to my car so I could call him. It took me close to ten minutes to just press call. Putting the phone to my ear I took a deep breath and waited and waited but I ended up getting his voicemail. I hung up and waited five minutes before calling him again and got the same thing. He was probably busy, he would have seen my missed calls and I knew that he would call me back.

Getting out of school for the day first thing I did was check my phone, no missed calls, no nothing. Once I got home I focused on everything else, trying to avoid the urge to call him or check my phone. By that night I decided to give in and call him again and like before I got no answer. Neither did I the next day or the day after that.

To say I was worried was a understatement. It couldn't be a coincidence, he was obviously ignoring me on purpose. I felt like he didn't want to answer my calls because he was done with me, really done. He was sick and tired of waiting for me to come around and he was done.

The only way I knew I could indirectly see what was up with him was Julianna and D. D and August were best friends so I knew he had to have some insight on what was going on with August. I've been keeping the girls in the dark about what was going on with me and August but I knew Julianna would be the most supportive of me wanting to rekindle my relationship with August.

As soon as I told her I had sat down and had a talk with his mom and I had made a decision she was all for it like I figured.

"All this time I've been trying to make you see the light and now look," she smiled, "Have you talked to him yet."

"I've tried," I sighed, "But he wont answer my calls, and I've all but drove over to his place and knocked on his door."

She sighed and before she could say anything I continued.

"I don't know what to do. All I keep thinking is this is it, that I waited to long, I pushed him to far and now he doesn't want to be with me any more."

She scoffed, "Yeah right."

"Well I don't know what to do, and I was hoping you could talk to D for me. See if he knows anything."

"I got something better."

She pulled out her phone and tapped on the screen and sat it down and soon I was hearing D's loud mouth. After they greeted she wasted no time bringing up August.

"What about him?"

"Has he mentioned Kash this past week," she asked him.

"Nah, not really," D went on, "Why?"

"Because I've been trying to call him all week, I really need to talk to him," I admitted.

"You had me on speaker Julianna," D asked Julianna.

"Yes," Julianna shrugged, "So he hasn't even mentioned her once?"

"No, he been kind of quiet since," he cut himself off.

"Since what," I asked.

"Since he said ya'll were done."

Hearing that made my heart literally drop.

"He said that," I mumbled.

"He didn't mean it, I mean he couldn't have," Julianna tried making light of the situation.

"True," D agreed, "What do you need to talk to him about, you aint pregnant are you?"

"If she was pregnant don't you think she would be showing by now, they haven't had sex in months," Julianna spoke up before I could tell him now and after she said that I shut my mouth.

D mumbled something and Julianna gave me a look and I avoided her stare.

"When," she asked hitting me on my arm.

"Oww," I whined rubbing my arm.

"That didn't hurt and you know it," she waved me off, "You two had sex, when?"

"I don't know what your talking about," I lied.

"Your lying, August told you they had sex," Julianna said trying to pry information out of him.

"I don't want to say," D went on.

"Tell me or else," Julianna threatened.

"Or else what," D asked her.

"Or else you know what," Julianna went on, "Don't make me embarrass you."

"About two weeks before Valentines Day," D let the cat out the bag and Julianna gasped and looked at me.

"Really D," I sucked my teeth.

"My bad," he mumbled.

"So were keeping secrets now," Julianna asked me, "Wait two weeks before Valentines Day...that day I asked you why you were walking all funny you claimed you were you tripped and hurt your yourself."

I kept my mouth shut because there was nothing I really could say at this point.

"She tripped and fell on August's dick," D joked and started laughing.

"Shut up you butt hole," I rolled my eyes and looked at Julianna," I'm sorry, I didn't know how to tell you, look can we get back to the purpose of this call please?"

"What was the purpose of this call," D asked.

"She wants August back," Julianna answered for me.

"Bout damn time what took you so long," he asked.

"Do you think he'll take me back," I asked, "You said he was done?"

"Because he thought you were done. He's in his feelings, I told you that nigga is soft but you nobody listens to me," he rambled on.

"Can you help her out or not," Julianna asked him.

"If he aint answering your calls best thing you can do is pop up at his place," D suggested.

"What about tonight," I asked.

"Nah were all going out tonight," D shut that down, "But tomorrow-"

"What's going on tomorrow," I asked.

"Me and him and a couple others are playing basketball, down by Mace's house. I'll send you the address and the time and you can show up tomorrow."

"And you think he'll want to talk to me if I just show up, he wont brush me off," I asked.

"If he don't want to talk to you then make him," D told me.

And that's exactly what I planned to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------

**Vote/Comment