Ms. Jones, You're My Trigger...

By gone_flower

Book one. A story of a young adult whose speech deficiency ruled over her life - Until now. Alexis Anderson... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
II - Chapter 1
II - Chapter 2
II - Chapter 3
II - Chapter 4
II - Chapter 5
II - Chapter 6
II - Chapter 7
II - Chapter 8
II - Chapter 9
II - Chapter 10
II - Chapter 11
II - Chapter 12
II - Chapter 13
II - Chapter 14
II - Chapter 15
II - Chapter 16
II - Chapter 17
II - Chapter 18
II - Chapter 19
II - Chapter 20
Epilogue
Q/A
Spin-off is out!
Bonus chapter
Bonus Chapter R-rated!

Chapter 1

62.6K 1.3K 1.3K
By gone_flower

Alexis POV

The sound of 'Good News' by Mac Miller has filled the room, causing me to groan in displeasure. Don't get me wrong, I loved the song, but holy crap did I hate to wake up. Within that split of a second when you come to your senses and open your eyes - the reality hits you. 

And it's overwhelming.

I let the song play as I stretched in my bed, looking at the clock, it was six in the morning. Usually, I would wake up at seven, but today was different.

So many things to be planned.

I moved my legs towards the floor, carefully ensuring my left foot touched it first. After all, I didn't want to begin the first day of high school with a breakdown. Although, there's going to be enough time for that, so I shouldn't get overly confident.

Rolling my eyes at the mere thought of how easily everything could go to shit I headed towards the bathroom. Looking into the mirror with the corner of my eye I saw that the green towel wasn't there. Slightly concerned I began checking an entire bathroom, but after a couple of minutes it was clear as a day – Daisy forgot. 

"Daisy!" I yelled at my friend and huffed when she hasn't moved. 

Walking up to the sofa chair I shook her slim shoulders. She started mumbling something under her nose before opening her dark brown eyes.

"What?" She muttered confused, looking at me with a sleepy, but also slightly irritated expression. "Someone's grumpy," she pointed out and I rolled my eyes. 

"Towel," I said shortly pointing at the grey towel in my hand, as it was the only one I've found.

It took her a few seconds to understand what I've meant before she said.

"Ooooooh, shit- I forgot it's Monday! I grabbed the wrong colors." She slapped her forehead and quickly got onto her feet. "I will go get it," she told me before rushing outside of our bedroom.

Deciding to use this time efficiently I made my bed. Once everything was folded perfectly, I took my time to sort Daisy's sofa chair. She never folded her blankets, which successfully drove me mad. 

She suddenly ran through the door with uneven breathing and a towel in her hand. It's not like she had to fight for it, she didn't have to run. 

"Here, everything is okay... right?" she asked unsure of whether I was tripping out from the tiny morning mismatch.

I gave her a reassuring smile. "Fine. D-d-don't w-worry," I told her and went off to do my business.

While I was showering Daisy knocked on the door and allowed herself in, in order to brush her teeth and hair. She usually showered before bed, while I did in the morning, which allowed us to take our time and not pressure each other with the bathroom schedules.

"It will be okay, Lexi," she assured, while I took my time rinsing off the soap from my body. At this point, shower talks were kind of our rituals.

"We will be together at all times, nothing will happen," she added sounding concerned. 

I sighed and tried to relax. She was right, people went to school all the time, it wasn't the end of the world.

"Together," I repeated - It was our mantra, a single word that meant the world.

After the shower, I opened my wardrobe and wondered what to wear. Starting today I had to put more effort into my clothing. Apparently, hoddies and sweatpants weren't an option.

"Want me to help?" Daisy asked already fully dressed. She was wearing a brown knitted jumper and white skinny jeans with a black belt. "We can't have you looking like a homeless person on a special day now, can we?" She took out my black ripped jeans, green turtleneck top, and a black cardigan. "Perfect, just enough to blend in and not attract unnecessary attention," she looked at me for confirmation. "Good?"

I smiled for the first time this morning making her grin like an idiot she was. "Thank you." 

"That's my girl," she chippered and left the room.

After I got myself dressed I remembered that I needed her for one more thing before she went downstairs. However, before I even opened the door, she has already rushed through it. 

"Shit I forgot!" she exclaimed. "I think I'm nervous myself... I never forgot before," she muttered unhappily and got closer in order to help me out with my shoelaces. 

"I feel like such a slave," she whined, jokingly.

"My slave, b-bitch," I snickered, causing both of us to burst into laughter.

When she finished a spark of concern has appeared on her face. I rolled my eyes already knowing what she was thinking.

"Drop it, Daisy," I said and she nodded, knowing better than anyone not to push on against my wishes.

I knew I wasn't at my best today, and most likely wasn't going to be until everything goes well.

We went downstairs and entered a communal dining area. Mason and Sammy were already there, eating their breakfast. I instantly smiled and walked up to the table.

"Ay, there they are! C'mon ladies, raise and shine!" Sam chuckled and pushed the food tray towards us. "Your usual favorite, mum," he joked and winked at me.

"S... s-stupid." 

Fuck, it was worse than I thought. 

"Hey, Lexi, it's okay," Daisy cooed me in her arms while massaging the back of my neck with her hand - It was the best way to calm me down.

After a few minutes, I raised my head from her chest and composed myself, feeling embarrassed.

"Sorry..." I apologized for my odd behavior and sat down at my spot.

"Don't you ever be sorry. Sam fucking apologize for teasing her in the morning," Mason scolded our dark blonde friend making Daisy and I laugh. 

"Sorry, Lexi, but... you are the mum of the group! Like for real," he groaned, upset that no one got his joke.

"Yeah, and you t-take the m-m-most work." I grinned at him, with a touch of playfulness.

"Hey! I'm a charmer, kay? Bloody Daisy is the troubled one, face the facts," he snorted nonchalantly.

Daisy walked up behind his chair and placed her hands on his shoulders. "You know... the only reason you are saying it straight to my face is because you think that I won't beat the shit out of you," she hissed irritated. "We can change that though, been too long since the last time. Wasn't it, my friend?" She smirked knowing Sammy was probably shitting himself but tried to remain brave.

"As a m-m-mother of this g-group... I allow y-y-you," I patted Daisy's shoulder and laughed, as she took her seat next to mine. 

"Favouritism is what it's called! They are teaming against the males! We have to do something Mason!" Sammy exclaimed overdramatically.

"It's just you buddy, just you," Mason responded while drinking his warm hot chocolate and shaking his head.

I looked at the clock it was few minutes till seven. Usually, I ate exactly at eight, but I had to change that due to starting school.

Sammy, Daisy, and I were officially accepted into attending high school.

For our entire lives, we've been homeschooled or took special classes. However, for the past two years, we begged our supervisors to give us a chance at a normal high school experience. To be honest, we haven't gotten any news for so long we all kind of forgot, until two months ago, when Mark has dropped the big news.

Mason, however, was not the part of this deal, which we knew from the beginning, but still made us sad. The four of us were a family, not by blood but by destiny. So, leaving one behind was very painful. Mason being himself made us promise that the three of us will graduate that final year together - Which simply meant avoiding trouble. 

To be frank, I was mostly concerned about Daisy, she suffered from intermittent explosive disorder along with mild autism, which made it hard for her to interpret what others were thinking or feeling. That included social cues, body language, etc. It was a terrible mix with her temper, but she promised to do her best and I knew she meant it.

That's all we could ever do - Our best. We never blamed each other for fucking up, because as far as we genuinely tried, it was all that we needed to know.

"Alexis, it's seven now. Time to eat," Mason pointed out and moved the tray towards me.

I smiled and looked at my food, breakfasts were always the same. Peeled apple chopped into four perfect pieces, cold cinnamon porridge, and a glass of water. Yep, every day for probably more than seven years, if someone were to give me something else, I would flip out.

Not intentionally, it wasn't something I could control, and it frustrated the shit out of me. The sudden wave of annoyance, irritation, and anger would wash over me in an instant if my weird eating requirements weren't met. Switching the breakfast time to seven and lunch to twelve-thirty was already quite a big deal. But I kept on repeating myself for the past month, that it's just an hour and it had to be done. It took me a few weeks and many failed attempts, but I finally managed to get used to my new eating schedule without having a breakdown.

"I'm going back to bed you guys," Mason announced with a wearily face. "Be nice, and make sure to remember all the juicy details. I want to hear it all," he chuckled, and we quickly got up to exchange hugs.

I was the last one Mason has embraced, hearing him whisper into my ear, "Daisy and Sammy will be with you at all times, don't stress. Also, who knows maybe you will finally find your love," he added playfully and wiggled his eyebrows making me giggle.

"Sure. Anyone w-w-would want a s-stuttering fool, as m-m-myself," I joked, which he hasn't found funny. 

We said our goodbyes and headed towards Sam's car. He has acquired it after saving up for over two years from his part-time job at the convenience store. It wasn't anything too fancy, but to us, it was our own batmobile, and a fifth member of the group – We called it Susie.

Once we approached the car Daisy and I called 'shotgun' in the unison, unfortunately, she was slightly faster. Huffing with disappointment I sat at the back. Daisy turned around and showed me her tongue, to which like a mature person, I did the same.

"Alright, ladies buckle up. Let's begin our high school adventure!" Sammy clearly excited for the day, started up the car and drove us towards the school,

"Damn, this place is huge," Daisy pointed out at the building in front of us - Indeed it was massive.

The parking lot itself was enormous and I could already feel suffocated by the number of students driving and walking around. I flinched from the pain, realizing I was picking on my thumb cuticles, causing myself to bleed. Sucking on it I got rid of the bleeding.

I know, it was disgusting, but unfortunately, picking on my cuticles was a bad habit of mine, that I couldn't possibly control, but I agree - I could have used a tissue.

We left the car and walked through the little park that was placed right in front of the school's entrance.

"Oh right! Get your letters out we need to show them at the front desk," Sammy reminded us of the special letters we've gotten from the headmaster himself. 

I searched my backpack already feeling anxious, unsure of whether I've packed it or not. My heart was speeding up and my stomach clenched. I kept on moving my notebooks, but it wasn't there. I could feel my eyes getting wet, but then I saw it - A tiny bit of a letter sticking out from inside of my book.

I exhaled with relief and took it out, showing it off to my friends with a smile on my face, but of course, a fucking wind ripped it out of my hand causing it to fly away. I yelped and ran after my stupid letter leaving Daisy and Sammy behind.

"Shit, shit, shit," I cursed at myself, looking around for the white envelope.

Luckily there weren't any students around the park this early in the morning. Or so I thought, but then I spotted someone leaning against the big tree. I squinted my eyes seeing something familiar resting on the person's stomach.

My fucking letter!

From all the places in the entire park, it decided to land on another human being - Perfect. 

I approached the person, which now I could tell was a female, a bit too old for a student, maybe a teacher? Nevertheless, she was gorgeous, with her tan skin and silky black hair.

Focus!

Right, yes, I got a bit closer and saw my letter resting on her stomach. God damnit... where's the wind when you need it! I groaned frustrated with the entire situation.

The woman seemed to be asleep, who the fuck sleeps under a tree at this time of the day?

"Don't b-be judgmental Alexis..." I quietly scolded myself.

Okay, but this was very awkward, no way in hell I was going to speak to a stranger, but then what if she was going to wake up while I tried to grab the letter... Nope, nope, nope. I'm was in hell, this was a joke.

I grabbed my head in distress.

After short contemplation, I proceeded to do what every mentally unstable person would. I pulled out a stick from the bush and approached the woman while keeping the distance. I decided not to be a creep and look at her too much, that would be weird. 

As I leaned in and tried to reach the letter with a stick, I wasn't exactly what you would call athletic, yet I didn't expect this to be so difficult, the wind has returned and moved my letter onto the side of her bag. I breathed out relieved this was over.

"Are you trying to murder me with a tree branch?" A sharp voice rang in my ears.

My eyes snapped towards the woman. My first thought – bright grey eyes. We looked at each other for what felt like an eternity and mind you I still had a stick pointed at her stomach. Despite, the weirdest situation ever, we didn't break the eye contact, her eyes were so sharp and unreadable. I had chills running down my spine.

She hastily got up making me stand straight and throw a stupid stick to the side.

I think I was dying, evil butterflies were filling up my stomach, and trust me it wasn't good, it was making me nauseous...

Before I knew it, she was handing me the letter, I haven't even realized when she picked it up. I stared at it for a good minute before gathering the strength to take it.

"Are you one of our new students?" she asked, her voice held no particular emotion.

I was glad she asked a question to which I could simply nod in response.

"I see, well then, off you go," she pointed towards the school. "Don't lose it again," she referred to the letter and walked away.

I don't know how long I was standing in the same spot, but I couldn't move. I was mortified by the entire situation.

She's so beautiful and must have thought I was a damn psycho! Jesus... I was pointing at her with a stick!

I felt blood rushing through my veins, heart beating beyond control before I've finally broken into tears.

Someone embraced me into a hug, and I could immediately tell it was Daisy, she massaged the back of my neck, while whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I was sobbing like crazy, sniffing and occasionally coughing until I managed to calm down. Sammy passed me a tissue to wipe my messy face.

"Jesus Alexis... we were so worried! You took off so quickly, I never knew you could run so fast! I think we just discovered your hidden talent!" he joked trying to clear up the air, but his voice was shaky - I must have given them quite a scare.

"I'm s-s-sorry!" I cried again burying my face into my hands.

"Shh, it's okay little bean. The teacher found us looking around the park, she asked if we were the new students, and showed us where to find you." Daisy rubbed slow circles on my back. "She also told us to inform you not to worry. She said you were very innovative but also recommended a tap on the shoulder for the next time. Whatever that meant," she said a bit confused by the last part but didn't ask for an explanation.

I groaned after hearing what the teacher has said. 

My life was a joke.

"Fucking h-hell... let's g-go." I inhaled and exhaled a few times, before smiling reassuringly. "C-can't be late."

What an amazing first impression I've just made. 

Please, to anyone above, if you can hear my thoughts... Don't let that stunning woman be my teacher, because knowing my luck it was almost a given. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 340 28
A war between the mind and heart. Emma did her best to fade into the background, avoiding attention at all costs. As a foster kid still scarred by h...
71.4K 3.5K 33
The official sequel to "My Roommate" and a "Forbidden Feelings" and "My Roommate" crossover. You need to read at least "My Roommate" first before you...
24.3K 968 21
Fast paced book. WARNING: contains abuse, self harm, cursing, etc. Also contains a lot of happy, funny, friendship moments. It's worth the read :)