The Ambitions Of Rebekah Pott...

By AlexandriaBiast

Rebekah was strangely intune with the Magic around her, either being the 'perfect' niece in the Dursley house... More

Letters
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One (5th year)
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eight one
Chapter Eight two
Chapter Eighty Three
Chapter Eighty Four
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty eight
Chapter Eight Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter ninety one
Chapter ninety two
Chapter ninety three
Chapter ninety four
Chapter ninety five
Chapter Ninety Six
Chapter Ninety seven
Chapter Ninety Eight
Chapter Ninety Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred One
Chapter one hundred and two
Chapter One Hundred and Three
Chapter One Hundred and Four
Chapter One Hundred and five
Chapter One Hundred and Six
Chapter One hundred and Seven
Chapter One hundred and Eight
Chapter One hundred and Nine
Chapter One Hundred and Ten
Chapter One hundred and Eleven
Seven Years Later
New rewrite

Chapter Sixty One

5.6K 250 50
By AlexandriaBiast

Any and all mistakes are my own! I'm posting this on my tablet so I couldn't get the chapter through Grammarly before posting it.

"Miss Potter, back so soon?" Mr Kettle smiled as the group came into the shop with Emperor in her shadow, unseen. "With friends. Let me guess, you escaped again?"

"Hogsmeade visit today," Rebekah greeted with a nod. "I need to get more lavender tea. Perhaps some mint, and chamomile too. I've had enough of smelling pumpkin juice all the time."

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

They stopped outside of a tall and narrow building, the sign said BAKERS' in bright gold letters against a black background. It was industrial looking with large brass windows that covered the front wall. Some type of planted vegetation lined the bottom of the windows.

The place was fairly quiet, a few people sat at tables and a couple more people stood in line. The scent of freshly done coffee swept through the warm air. The group looked hesitant to move but Rebekah already knew where she wanted to sit.

There was a second floor to this building, right above the area that made the coffee and baked goods. It had a large bronze staircase to one side. The chairs were rich mahogany along with the tables and little containers of sugar and salt. I decided to go upstairs, taking one of the booths overlooking the outside and the inside of the cafe.

"Sit, I'll grab a chair," Rebekah said and tucked another chair to the booth's side.

A young waiter came with three menus in hand. He passed them out silently, taking a small pen out to write the orders on his notepad.

"I'm Mike, and I'll be your waiter for today. What will it be?"

Rebekah went for the usual order she made every time she came here. "I'll have the golden roast coffee with full-fat milk and caramel syrup. Not too hot."

Daphne ordered a black roast with hazelnut syrup and no creamer, and Theodore ordered a flat white americano, piping hot. Everyone else had some sort of tea while Pansy went for an iced caramel coffee

Within a few minutes, Mike came back with another man. He held the tray of coffees in neat little bronze coffee-cups, and the other man had a tray of baked goods.

"Ahh, Finn!" Rebekah said, looking to the other man and smiled. "You're finally back, I've missed your cupcakes. Without you, they don't make them the same."

He chuckled lightly. "Of course they don't. I'm the magic behind them." He winked.

Her friends looked concerned.

"He's one of us," Rebekah reached for a cupcake. "These are literally Magic. Just as good as the ones we get at school."

As she bit into her cupcake, tiny sparks came off it. It added an extra layer of flavour as she ate it.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

The task came way too soon for her liking.

"Potter, the champions have to come down onto the grounds now. . . . You have to get ready for your first task."

"Fuck's sake," Rebekah had dropped her spoon into the porridge she just started. "Coming!"

"You'll do fine,"

"Don't kill it!"

"Don't burn yourself!"

"Yeah, yeah," Rebekah sent a smile back as she stood from her seat.

McGongall had hurried her up with her hands, quickly escorting the young WItch into the cold November afternoon.

"Now, don't panic, Potter," McGongall tried to calm her breath. "Just keep a cool head. . . . We've got wizards standing by to control the situation if it gets out of hand. . . . The main thing is just to do your best, and nobody will think any the worse of you. . . . Are you alright?"

"As alright as i can be," Rebekah said with a cooling breath. "I've done what I've needed to."

"Will you use your Animagus form?"

"No, maybe. I don't know. I'll decide if i need to."

"You're to go in here with the other champions," McGongall tried to smile confidently but failed."Wait for your turn, Potter. Mr Bagman is in there . . . he'll be telling you the - the procedure. . . . Good luck."

Fleur was paler than usual and clammy, sitting in one of the corners on a wooden stool as she wrung her hands together and mumbled under her breath in French. Viktor looked moodier than usual and brooding like a vulture again. Cedric paced, his face slightly green with nerves.

Each nodded at Rebekah as she came into the tent.

"Rebekah! Good, you're here!" Bagman came from one of the corners and greeted her with a grin. "Come in, come in, make yourself at home! Well, now we're all here - time to fill you in! When the audience has assembled, I'm going to be offering each of you this bag, from which you will each select a small model of the thing you are about to face! There are different, er, varieties, you see. And I have to tell you something else too . . . ah, yes . . . your task is to collect the golden egg!"

He sent round the purple pouch and everyone got their own little Dragon. Rebekah's was a Hungarian Horntail which she kept cooing at because it was so cute. It was a very tiny version of the Dragon she was about to face but she couldn't help it, her little family had a new member now.

Rebekah had changed into different clothes just like the rest did. Rebekah pulled the fingerless gloves on as she exited the tent which held Potter in green. The sweatshirt she wore was mainly black with two emerald green lines going down the arms, matching the bottoms which were tucked into black kneehigh boots. She tied her hair up into a ponytail, getting it out of her face. Her family ring had to be taken off due to its size, it would hinder her so she had wrapped her necklace around Emperor's neck before depositing the ring and her charm bracelet.

The Basilisk fang earrings stayed on, regardless of their chance of helping.

She had already handed Snape the Time-Turner at the beginning of the day.

She felt naked without her jewellery. She never took off the bracelet or ring but she needed every advantage she could get. Besides, the bracelet was technically help so she couldn't wear it because she had not made it herself. Rebekah had already taken her wand out and shoved it into the side of her boots.

When the whistle blew for her turn, Rebekah sucked her teeth and smiled, allowing herself to take a deep breath and get herself mentally ready for this. She walked through the tent, then through the trees before stopping after the enclosure closed behind her, leaving her in the same area as the Hungarian Horntail.

The mother Dragon was curled over her eggs, protecting them as she eyed Rebekah warrily before glaring at the spectators around her. Rebekah looked up to the Judges' table before looking at the professors' seats, Emperor sat with McGonagall and Snape, and had his own seat. Cheeky bastard had Fidele around his neck and did a smile only he could do.

"Better get this started," Rebekah mumbled under her breath, readying herself for a sprint jog to the other side of the stone enclosure.

She stepped forward with a jump in her stride. Within a couple paces, Rebekah was confident that she had enough momentum and shifted mid air, catching herself against the side of the enclosure as she jumped from it to easily change direction.

The golden egg was bright compared to its speckled counterparts, not hiding very well with its not so alike lookalikes. The mother Dragon protected them all the same. To her, each of the eggs were hers and she would protect to further her line. These eggs were her lineage and the future.

This was like trying to get her favourite shoe out of Emperor's mouth when he decided to play chase. There was no difference, besides that this wasn't Emperor nor was it a shoe.

Rebekah knew the Dragon was watching her, her Animagus form was easily spotted because of how dark it was against the grey stone enclosure. It annoyed Rebekah that she was so easily spotted but this form was easier to move.

To her right, the Hungarian Horntail's tail left deep grooves when she smashed into it. Rebekah was barely able to dodge it, having to jump over it and nicking her left thigh, or flank in this form. Rebekah hissed as she jumped out of reach and recalculated her little plan.

Fine.

She stepped forward with the intention to try and reach the eggs, aiming for the gold one. She shifted midair again, turning back to human as she reached across and got caught under one of the Dragon's claws.

Rebekah gasped in pain as most of her hair got caught under the talon. She began to tug at it but it didn't budge. Rebekah didn't have long to get the egg, she needed to get out of there quickly but her hair was trapped.

There was only one way to get out.

"Diffindo!"

Her waist length hair was cut at the ponytail. Rebekah took out the hairband and allowed her hair to flow, now reaching her chin as it rippled each time she moved. Now she was annoyed. It took years to grow it out to that length!

The mother Dragon huffed and used her wing to shield her eggs as she flicked Rebekah away with her tail. Rebekah flew across the enclosure, hitting the stone wall with a crack and a groan. Her back ached and her breath was forced from her lungs, making her gasp in new pain. She fell from where she was thrown to, now dropping to her knees as she touched her burning lip.

Rebekah looked up from her hand, seeing crimson liquid on her fingers. She clenched her fist in anger. No one or thing caused her to bleed without repercussion!

"I've had enough, you overgrown lizard!" Rebekah half kneeled as she untucked her wand from her boot, pointing it above the Dragon. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

From her wand, her Patronus sprouted in all its silver glory. The audience gasped as Mr Bagman announced, "See this, this is a fully Corporeal Patronus! A truly difficult feat for one her age!"

Rebekah didn't pay attention as she sent the Patronus to distract the Dragon as Rebekah came to her feet. She had to get the egg. Like now. Before the Patronus dispersed and the Dragon's attention was back on her.

The Dragon glared at her, huffing smoke into her face but Rebkah was unfazed.

"Get your ugly face out of my face!" Rebekah accidentally switched to Parseltongue, only realising it when the features of the Dragon softened. She warily took in the Dragon's wings caging her in, Rebekah jutted her foot back in case she needed to defend herself, wand clutched in her hand.

"Take your egg," Her voice was rough and not so much a hiss as compared to a rumbling at the back of the throat. Rebekah understood her all the same. "Take your egg but leave mine well alone, else you will feel my fire, young one."

Rebekah paused, almost blinking in confusion before nodding.

"Of course," Rebekah carefully walked to the golden egg and gently picked it up. She took her time in examining the other eggs. "When will your eggs hatch, if i may ask?"

"They will hatch within a fortnight," She said, "Young one, where is your mother?"

"Dead, as is my father. I live with my aunt and her family."

"You have a familiar," It was more of a statement than a question.

"I do. Emperor,"

"A strong name for a strong one, and yourself?"

"Rebekah Potter," She lowered her head as the Dragon did the same.

"I am Mother-Who-Herds-The-Pack, i took the title from my own mother after she passed the age of having eggs," Mother-Who-Herds-The-Pack turned her snout to the Patronus that still flew way above, dispersing it easily with a puff of fire. "The humans want to take you. Go. They will perceive me as a threat. And I will be if they go near my eggs."

Rebekah nodded and waited for Mother-Who-Herds-The-Pack to lift her wings and allow her to walk. She placed the golden egg onto her shoulder before lifting it into the air to show that she got it.

"Rebekah Potter has got the golden egg after convincing the Hungarian Horntail!"

She sighed as she exited the enclosure, stopping as McGonagall and Snape came down to greet her.

"Potter, what happened?" McGonagall asked. "You did it so well, but you miscalculated the distance in your Animagus form."

"Sir, you know how you said I could bond with anything, and that it would be a bad idea if Crouch put Dragons at Hogwarts and that I would bond with that," Rebekah paused to lick at her split lip, her smile making it bleed a little bit more. "It seems like i can talk to Dragons..."

"Brilliant," He muttered with a sigh before turning serious. "You are not bringing the Horntail into your dorm."

"Wasn't thinking about it, sir," Rebekah tried to roll her shoulder but couldn't, finding that it was too stiff. "I need to go see Madam Pomfrey, my back doesn't feel right."

When Rebekah came into the second tent, Madam Pomfrey made her lie down on her front as she took her wand and did some diagnostic spells over her back. Finding nothing but a few bruised ribs, Rebekah was instructed to drink a Skelegro and rest for the day. Her lip was healed quickly with a spell.

"Dragons!" She said in a disgusted tone. "Last year dementors, this year dragons, what are they going to bring into this school next?"

"Maybe a Banshee?" Rebekah snickered as Pomfrey glared at her but eventually smiled.

"Go get your score, Potter," Pomfrey almost shoved her out of the tent. "You've got your lot all concerned. I don't need them in here. Go!"

From Madam Maxine, Rebekah got a seven.

Daphne nudged her before leaning in. "Cause you cut your hair. The French are very particular about appearances."

Crouch sent up a ten, as did Dumbledore. Ludo Bagman did the same. Karkaroff gave her a satisfied three which made the group scowl around her.

"He gave Krum a ten. He didn't want you to have more than his own champion!" Tracey complained.

The group started for the castle before Rebekah was forced to go into the Champions tents, she had said that she would catch up eventually.

All the other champions came in before her. Fleur almost gasped when Rebkah came in, swearing in French under her breath. "Your 'air. You 'ad to cut it but I didn't tink it was 'hat short!"

"Yeah, the bottom was burned anyway," Rebekah shrugged as Emperor came to sit before her, offering her her jewelry which she gladly took. The ring was first before she clipped the necklace on and the bracelet mended itself back onto her wrist. Rebekah weaved her wand tip under the metal, willing the wand to shrink and turn into a charm.

"Well done, all of you!" Bagman called into the tent, so pleased with himself it was almost like he defeated a Dragon too. "Now, just a quick few words. You've got a nice long break before the second task, which will take place at half past nine on the morning of February the twenty-fourth - but we're giving you something to think about in the meantime! If you look down at those golden eggs you're all holding, you will see that they open . . . see the hinges there? You need to solve the clue inside the egg - because it will tell you what the second task is, and enable you to prepare for it! All clear? Sure? Well, off you go, then!"

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Rita Skeeter cornered Rebekah as soon as she got out of the tent. Her acid green robes made Rebekah's eyes water.

"Congratulations, Rebekah!" She beamed a smile. "I wonder if you could give me a quick word? How did you feel facing that dragon? How do you feel now, about the fairness of the scoring?"

"Of course you can have a word," Rebekah smiled brightly as the mini Dragon on her shoulder hissed and blew a bit of fire into the older Witch's face. "GOOD-BYE!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3K 83
(Year 1 - 3) Y/n goes to hogwarts and become friends with Hermoine, Ron and Harry. Immediately y/n and Harry connect, as friends or something more? T...
28.7K 969 37
Sixth in the LOVED Series They all return to Hogwarts to re-live one more year of school. But the golden five has expanded! The two rival houses have...
53.3K 1.1K 20
(Completed) Iris and Harry live with the Dursleys' together. Harry sleeps in the cupboard under the stairs. Iris sleeps in the basement with the mice...
88.5K 2.2K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...