Love Lies (Unedited)

By mpayne22

Alcohol + Hot Guy = Positive Pregnancy Test (FULL SUMMARY INSIDE) ------ Most impressive rankings #1 - fictio... More

i n t r o d u c t i o n
c h a r a c t e r a e s t h e t i c
c o p y r i g h t
p l a y l i s t
"I hate automatic flushing toliets"
"Hold my hoops"
"I wasn't talking about your dick!"
"You will tell me everything"
"Why are you crying?"
"I like the way you talk"
"I can't find Paul"
"Did you think I was a Stripper?"
"Luc- Oh shit!"
"Not the time Charlie!"
"You know that's my specialty"
"You had sex at MY wedding!"
"She's a bitch all the time"
"Oh you know... Reasons."
"I think it's too late for that"
"Your house is very dull"
"Where did you get that one?"
"I think he is hot as shit too"
"Let alone by Harrison"
"I am not acting like a child!"
"What is a Waffle House?"
"It's bonding night!"
"Nice to meet you Mr baby daddy"
"You can't guilt trip me!"
"A little birdie told me..."
"A douchebag jar."
"Leave the beer"
"Hey little man"
"Get drunk and get laid"
"Purple suit douchebag"
"How'd we go from breakfast to sex?"
"Not my brightest moment"
"Are you fu- fudging kidding me?"
"Adulting is expensive"
"Gerald? Griffin? Gray-"
"He's such an assho-"
"Mom's shit list"
"Do I need to plan a funeral?"
"My new favortie drink"
"I got her, old friend"
"The girl her son knocked up"
"How does everyone know?"
"Out of all the places, Oregon?"
"Forewarning, he's a dick"
"Whatcha gonna do about it?"
"This is all a bad dream"
"Shut the fuck up Kelly"
"Stay"
"Being treated like a pet rock"
"Apple Juice"
"The End"

"This is for the drink"

11.4K 423 23
By mpayne22

Unedited**
Lucy's POV:

     Harrison, Ev, Will, and Jenna stand around me whispering- probably about me. I couldn't say though. I was zoned out, my brain is going overload. The text messages and the phone call. That's all I could think about, but it all clicked after he called me. Once he spoke, I knew, and now I'm fucking scared. For myself, the baby, Ev... even for Harrison.

    Jenna's hand grasped my shoulder, breaking me out of my daze. She gives me a soft smile before taking a seat beside me.

    "Who called?" that's the thing. I haven't told everyone who called and it's been an hour. My bad, but.... I haven't talked since because i think i'm in shock. Maybe? I don't really know. This whole thing is stressful.

"Luce," Harrison's voice interrupts my thoughts, "Who called?"

    My hands start to shake, "Oh right. Braden. He's the one that called. And the one who texted me. I think. It makes sense if he did. You know this whole thing is fucke-"

    Jenna grabs my hand and watches my panicked face, "Babe your rambling. Calm down." My eyes diverge to Harrison, who is giving me a strange look as he talks to Ev.

    Ev looks away from his phone, "What did he say? I'm going to write it down so we can send it to my detective friend."

    Do I want to repeat what this psychopath told me? Hell fucking no! Harrison's is still looking at me. His face flushed  red, and not the embarrassed red. No this is the 'i'm fucking pissed' red.

    "He said that the next time he got ahold of me he was going to make sure I-"

    "Who is this fucker?" Harrison yells out, kind of scaring me. Jenna gives him a glare and stands up.

    "Ok that's enough!" she takes my hand, and helps me stand up, "Will you stay with me tonight, please?" I nod. I know that I'll be safe if Ev is with me, but he knows where we live, and that's what terrifies me. Because I don't know what he is going to do. Jenna gives me a small smile before looking at the guys.

    "Hot cop," Ev smiles amusingly, "You get whoever you can to find this fucker. Babe, you and Harry go to her their place and grab work bag and some clothes,"

    "And paul," I whisper.

    "And her cat." They all nod and Ev slips his phone into his pocket.

    "Of course. I can get a detail out there tonight. Just send me your address." Jenna gives a quick nod and squeezes my hand. Harrison walks around the island and pulls me into a hug.

    I close my eyes and take a deep breath of his cologne. Smokey vanilla hits my nostrils. Interesting. He lets back slightly, his eyes boring into mine, "Everything is going to be ok."

    I fucking hope so.

------

    "So mama's," Taylor walks into my room pointing at the vase full of tulips sitting at the corner of my desk, "Who got you those?" My head lifts away from my laptop and to the pink flowers.

    "Harrison," I close my laptop and swivel my chair to face her. She gives me a small nod, smiling.

    "Any news?" She pulls up a chair and sits.

    I shake my head, "No, they can't find him anywhere. They've contacted his parents, but nothing."

"What about your little security guard person?" Ev has a cop at our place whenever he's not there, or to follow me to and from work. Johnson is his name I think. He's a frail guy, meter maid type of guy.

"He's nice. Nothing much to say about him," She sighs and leans back in her chair.

"How's baby daddy? Seems he is giving you things," she points to the flowers.

"Harrison..."

Her eyebrows wiggle, "What about him?" He's hot... Oop. I never said that. Got it?

"He's been texting me all week, and it's only been two days! He came over last night to eat with me and Ev! " I point over to the flowers, "And now pink tulips."

She sits up, "Looks like someone has a crush." I shake my head and scoff.
"No way! We barely know e-" my eye catches the fat ring on her finger.

"OH MY GOD!" I scream in excitement, "What the fuc- fudge is that?!"

She lifts her hand up, "Oh ya know... Lyla proposed last night."

------

    I open the door and the lights are on, Ev's home. I set my keys down in the bowl and take my jacket off and start walking into the kitchen, "Ev you'll never believe what happened tod-"

    Harrison's is sitting on the barstool talking to Ev, while Ev stirs something on the stove. His blue eyes meet mine.

    "Hey Luce," he smiles. I smile back and walk over to Ev.

    "What is he doing here?" I whisper to him. He shrugs and stirs the pasta noodles. Wonderful. I go over to the fridge, pretending that Harrison isn't here and that this is a normal night for me and Ev. I grab the pitcher full of sweet tea, that Ev makes every fucking day, but i'm not complaining because it actually is growing on me.

   After He sat me down on the second day of us being roommates and specifically told me, 'i make this everyday. I don't care if you have some, but it will always be in the fridge. I may lose my accent, but I refuse to leave my sweet tea so deal with it' and then gave me a big hug and watched the Kardashians with me.

    "So Luce," I jump back, spilling some tea.

    "Fuck," I whisper and turn to Harrison who's grinning, "Yes Harrison?"

    "Did ya get my gift?" I nod and grab a paper towel to wipe up what I spilt, "Jenna told me those were your favorites." Awe that's sweet that he asked. No ma'am. He's being annoying. Ignore him.

    "You came in yelling about something. Tell us. What happened that you couldn't believe?" Mother fucker.

    I turn and give him a sharp look, "My friend taylor's girlfriend proposed to her last night. It was their ten-year anniversary. Funny thing is that Tay had the same idea."

    Ev turns away from the stove, and looks at me, "Awe yay!" Harrison nods in pursuit. I grab my glass of tea and start to take a sip when Harrison stands up.

    "Hey man, when will you be done?"

Ev looks at his phone, "'bout an hour, why?" Harrison walks over to me and grabs my hand, dragging me in the direction of the hallway.

"I've gotta do something real quick," He looks down at me and smiles.

Fuck me.

-----

    He didn't fuck me. It wasn't going to happen. He built the baby's bed and then we ate dinner, and he left. For the rest of the week he came over and ate dinner with me and Ev. It was nice. And he stopped texting me as excessively, but he still texted me. Asking about anything and everything.

    Now it's friday. At the beginning of this week, I can tell you that I wasn;t very excited for this dinner. Now. As in 'I'm putting in my earring then leaving' now. I'm nervous, but excited. If that's even the right word. This dinner is going to be good for us. It will definitely clear the air on what we're going to do.

    I smooth out the champagne color slip dress and let out a breath. Lucy. You look hot as fuck. You have nothing to worry about. Well... nevermind.

    I grab the black leather jacket off my bed, and head out of my room. Paul and Ev are cuddled on the couch when I say goodbye. I grab my purse and leave.

    Once I get into my car I punch in the address to the restaurant. The drive isn't bad, but the place is fancy. Way too fancy for someone on a teachers salary.

    When I walk in the door, soft melodies dance in the air. The hostess gives me a smile as I walk up to her.

    "Name?" My name? Girl... Oh shit she means Harrison's. Oopsie.

    "Price," she nods, scribbles something down, and grabs two menus, "Follow me." She walks us into the back room and sets down both menus, "Your waitress will be with you soon." I give her a small smile before looking at the menu. What do I want? I spot my dad's wine on the list. That means this shit is fancy.

    "Hi im Amelia, Can i get you started on a drink?" the waitress, Amelia, asks me.

    "Can I get a lemonade, please?" She nods and closes her notebook. Where is Harrison? I grab my phone and check to make sure I wasn't early. I wasn't so where's this dude? He's ten minutes late.

        Me: I'm here? Where r u?

    Amelia sets down my lemonade and asks if I'm ready to order. I shake my head and grab my phone again. I take a long sip from the wine glass full of lemonade. I wait another five minutes before texting him.

        Me: Harry? It's been 15 min.

    "Hey would you like to go ahead and order now?" Amelia asks me. I drop my phone in my purse and pull out a ten.

    "This is for the drink, keep the change" I get up and head out, tears threatening to spill. Once I get to my car, I lose it.

A/N

Me and Lucy right now

Ahh sorry !! (heheh I promise he has good excuse... maybe)

Also I'm almost at 100k reads...... I can't thank you guys enough for the support!!

What a time - Julia Michaels ft. Niall Horan

make sure to hit the little star in the corner!!

Next chapter coming soon!! Comment and Vote!!
Hope you enjoyed lovies :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 71.6K 32
𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 ' 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦?' 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴, 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯. ♥️ 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘭�...
11.3K 185 62
What does it take to turn a once cheerful, happy girl into a ruthless, cold hearted women? Is it time? Or the people around you that make you suffer...
2.3M 75.1K 47
I hate it when the women are weak in the stories so I made my main character a hot head and I gave her that name in the story because it means: 'Free...
1.8M 61K 39
|Mature Content| ••• {Editing and Revising in progress} - Highest ranking #59 Romance #2 Chicklit #1 Diversity