in the hands of fate (a love...

Oleh winterquote

Can had his reasons for turning down Tin and asking for friendship instead. Overwhelmed, confused, jealous, i... Lebih Banyak

chapter 1: feelings are intense
chapter 2: fragile, like a baby in your arms
chapter 3: it's obvious you hate me
chapter 4: it's just a question of time
chapter 5: you know you set me free
chapter 6: looking good knew you would
chapter 7: running through my head secretly
chapter 8: it's a burning love
chapter 9: when i'm misunderstood
chapter 10: if this all shatters
chapter 11: finally i've found that i belong
chapter 12: thank you for bringing me here
chapter 14: some great reward will be coming my way
chapter 15: i hand myself over on a plate
chapter 16: you're so cruel
chapter 17: you're miles away
chapter 18: i was there when you needed me most
chapter 19: hiding behind a lie
chapter 20: just like a rainbow you know you set me free
chapter 21: all I ever needed is here in my arms
chapter 22: and i'm by your side

chapter 13: will you leave me lying here

2.1K 77 6
Oleh winterquote

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I've had this written for a while but I'm a bit rusty in certain areas so had to leave it a while and come back to re-read to make sure it made sense! Plus work has been evil--the perils of being a keyworker in a pandemic! ❤️

You can also find this on my AO3.

"Tin, are you listening? I asked if we are going to partner up for this field trip?"

Tin blinked at the sound of his name, waking from the daydream he'd been semi-dozing into. His laptop was open in front of him, but the screen had faded into energy saving mode. Fuck.

"Sorry, Pete. What did you say?" He looked at Pete who was watching him with a smirk on his perfect handsome features.

"I was just checking we will be partners for the field trip?"

Tin rolled his eyes. "I'm counting on it. I have no desire to work with anyone else."

Pete nodded. "Late night?"

Tin closed his laptop, hunger pangs making their presence known now that he was back in the present. "I just didn't sleep very well."

"Can keep you awake, did he?" Pete waggled his eyebrows.

Tin should have expected that Pete would know that Can had moved in with him. Despite his innocent demeanour Tin knew full well he was anything but, and Tin wouldn't quite say he was a gossip, but he always seemed to know things. "Who told you Can was staying with me?"

"Can told me a couple of days ago that Ren wouldn't be coming to football practice anymore, and why." Pete hooked his backpack over a shoulder when Tin stood and they both walked in the direction of the cafeteria.

Tin fought back a yawn. He'd been awake most of the night, afraid to fall asleep and have his unconscious self give into it's need to hold Can close. Yet he'd known what he was getting into. The house had four guest suites as well as the rooms his parents occupied when they were in town and Tul's quarters. Not to mention rooms for live-in staff. He could easily have given Can a temporary room, they didn't have have to share a bed.

He wasn't sure anyone would understand his logic because it wasn't just an excuse to have Can in his bed—though he'd be lying if he said he wasn't hoping that by sharing a bed Can might begin to feel some attraction towards him like that. His rooms were just that, his. Ever since his return from England four years ago his own space had become his sanctuary. The rest of the house was cold and unloved, a place where he was obliged to spend time when his parents were around and wanting to play their twisted version of happy families, somewhere without warmth. He couldn't let Can and Ren live somewhere that was so unwelcoming. He had asked Can to stay with him and that meant in the place that he was, not another part of the house that could feel like another country.

He hadn't been lying when he'd said he was having a suite redecorated, one with more space and more bedrooms where the three of them could live side-by-side. It had been impossible to organise everything to be finished in time with the short notice.

He hadn't asked his parents about Can moving in. He had informed them. He knew they wouldn't argue. They didn't care enough to bother. Of course, Tin knew it would annoy the fuck out of Tul, but as he was overseas for the next few weeks at least, he would navigate that hurdle when the time came.

"Why didn't you move out to your own place? You said you were thinking about it after you saw my apartment."

"Technically the 'family home' is actually mine so I'm going nowhere."

To Pete's credit he didn't pry as to how and why. Pete's background was like his, he knew how things worked with families like theirs. Nothing was ever as it seemed to outsiders.

"So—you and Can?"

"When did you get so nosy?" The difference in Pete since he'd got together with his footballer boyfriend was measurable. He'd grown in confidence a hundredfold.

"You're deflecting."

"There's nothing to tell." Just how Can had stripped off in front of him like he was in the locker room. How Tin had had to stay at his desk until his erection had wilted. How adorable and sexy Can looked as he slept. None of that was for anyone else's digestion, just Tin's alone.

"If you say so," Pete said with a visible roll of his eyes.

"Where's your beloved today anyway?"

Pete still had the ability to blush, his cheeks staining a pretty pink colour. "He has a test tomorrow so he's cramming in the library." Pete stirred his drink with the straw, a playful look returning to his eyes. "Now, back to you and Can—"

:::::

The end of the school week came quickly. Tin's last class of the day ended at 3pm and because he didn't need to mind Ren at Can's practice, he took himself straight home and after quick change, into the home gym for a workout.

Once he was done with his post workout shower and was dressed in sweats and a t-shirt he collected Ren from Ani and took her back upstairs to his room. He propped himself up against the pillow with her next to him and fed her the bottle that Ani had just prepared. He loved the way Ren clutched onto the bottle and stared at him as she greedily gulped down the milk. When she'd finished and had been burped Tin settled her back against him and closed his eyes. Ren wriggled a little but was soon distracted by his fingers and they enjoyed it like that for twenty minutes or so until Can entered the room, still in his football kit.

When he saw Tin and Ren he stopped dead for a moment, looking first at Tin, then his daughter, and back to Tin again. "You don't have to do any of that you know," he said, coming to sit on the edge of the bed next to Ren whereby he ran caring fingers through the soft strands of her rapidly growing dark hair. "It's enough that you are putting us up."

"I want to."

Can nodded, looking unusually subdued. "Thanks."

"Why do you look like someone cancelled Christmas?"

"The guys have gone out tonight. It's been awhile since I joined them. I just miss it sometimes."

"Go and take a shower and I'll take you to join them. Jet will mind Ren."

Can beamed got to his feet. "Really?"

"Really."

:::::

In the end, because Can wanted to spend some time with Ren before she went to bed, Tin arranged for a staff member to drive them both and found himself in a busy bar not that far from the university that had an open mic night on. He recognised most of the people there and was surprised to find Pete was there sitting next to Ae who had his arm possessively wrapped around his shoulders.

The one called Techno looked remarkably uncomfortable at Can's arrival with Tin. Tin glared at him and guided Can to a couple of spare seats at the opposite end of the table. Can sat beside two girls, whose names Tin didn't know with Tin next to Can's senior, Type.

Can reminded Tin of the girls' names, ChaAim and Bow, before launching into a tale about a penalty shoot out. Tin was amused to note that the subject was soon steered away from football by the girls to K-Pop. On his other side Type said, "You still in the friend zone?" earning himself a glower from Tin.

"Mind your own business."

Type raised his hands in surrender. "I'm just being friendly. I like you. You're good for him."

Tin didn't want to admit to Type that he was probably his favourite out of Can's friends. He seemed to have a little patience for idiots as Tin did. That was probably why he let himself be drawn into conversation with the guy as beside him Can was doubled over with laughter at something the louder of the two girls was saying.

By the end of the night Tin could admit to himself he'd had an okay time. He wasn't sure if that would be true if he hadn't had Can beside him for the duration, their legs pressed together with Can making valiant efforts to include Tin in the conversation and Tin trying his best to act as though socialising in a group was comfortable and normal for him.

They got home well after midnight in a taxi. Tin had drunk a couple of beers as had Can but neither of them was drunk. Once inside the house they found Ren fast asleep in the room Tin had arranged to be the playroom, in the nest besides the day bed where Jet was reading a book. "Ren's fine here with me overnight," Jet said. "I'll sort her out if she wakes. You two get some sleep, you look like you need it."

Can looked reluctant to leave Ren behind but Tin reminded him that staying overnight sometimes was part of Jet and Ani's new roles and ushered him from the room.

Tin waited for Can to use the bathroom before cleaning his own teeth and getting dressed for bed. When he came out Can had turned off all the lights except the one by the bed and was lying under the covers giving every appearance of being asleep.

Tin climbed in beside him and lay on his back staring at the ceiling. He was surprised when Can turned on his side to face him. "Tin?"

Tin turned on his side to face Can and immediately realised he had made a mistake because it brought them too close and Can's face, and lips, were right there. He closed his eyes briefly, fighting the urge to lean in and take what he so desperately wanted. How long could he go on like this, wanting so much, loving so much, when it wasn't reciprocated? At least it wasn't reciprocated the way he needed it to be. Fuck.

"I miss you kissing me. Will you do it again?"

Tin's eyes flew open to meet Can's. He couldn't get a read on him, which was unusual for Can, like he was trying to emulate how Tin nearly always kept his expression neutral. Unlike now when the shock had to be written all over his face.

When Tin didn't reply straight away Can started to move away and that was when he gave in. These last few weeks had been hard on him, being so close yet knowing he couldn't just reach out. Couldn't just kiss Can the way he'd used to because the other had made it clear he didn't want him like that, but the heart wanted what it wanted, and Tin had spectacularly failed in exorcising Can.

He moved fast, brain short circuiting as wrapped a hand around Can's wrist and held in him place. "Are you sure about this? I don't think I'll be able to stop at just a kiss. I want you too much."

Can's eyes were wide and this time they reflected everything he was feeling. He swallowed and said, "You know me, Tin. Do I ever say anything I don't mean?" Then it was Can who leant in and pressed his lips against Tin's.

The last time they had kissed had been here in the house, in the cinema, the first time Can had really responded to him. That had been when Tin's hope had really blossomed.

This, here and now, was the first kiss Can had instigated between them, light in touch yet confident. Tin thought he might break in two, overwhelmed with a surge of emotions, want, love, possessiveness, pride. Can wanted him. Can was the one pressing for a deeper kiss, Tin was the one opening his mouth for Can.

Can ran a hand to Tin's neck and held him there. His fingers curled softly against the nape of Tin's neck, stroking with the fine hair there. Tin broke the kiss and tilted his head back to look at Can. "Are you definitely sure you want this?" His heart was screaming at him to shut the fuck up and not give Can an out, but his head insisted, because if this happened and then Can backed away afterwards it would really break him.

Can's response nearly blew Tin's head off. He moved his hand from Tin's neck and wrapped it around Tin's buttocks, a gentle slide over his clothes, curving over and holding him there while he somehow slid himself closer to bring their groins into alignment. Tin was already half-hard, the only reason he hadn't gone from zero to full mast straight away was the anxiety around what it all meant. The moment their cocks touched through their clothing Tin's anxiety abandoned him and the feral part of him took over.

Tin kissed him firmly, one hand on his cheek to tilt him how he wanted him. Can parted his lips to let Tin in deeper, letting him suck on his bottom lip in a way made his cock harden.

Tin lost the ability to think. He couldn't right now. It was all too much. He wanted to feel. This experience wasn't going to last long, no matter how much he would like to draw it out. Can's inexperience and his own prolonged need for him would see to that.

He let Can explore his mouth, his curiosity intoxicating, and Tin gave as good as he got, twisting his tongue with Can's and almost smirking into the kiss when he heard his muffled gasp as he let Tin coax him deeper.

Can pulled back slightly. "Touch me, please," he rasped before going back into the kiss like those couple of seconds apart were too much.

Can took Tin's wrist and trailed it down his body, into his shorts. "Cantaloupe is getting brave," Tin managed to tease, wrapping his hand around Can's cock.

"Fuuuck," Can ground his erection against Tin's stilled hand. "Tin—"

Tin grinned and pulled his hand away and yanked Can's shorts down and off, throwing them on the floor next to the bed. "Take off your top," he instructed and made short time of removing his own clothing. In the half-light of the room he was then able to take in Can is his full naked glory, all lithe muscles with his long slim cock flat and red against his belly, as he lay panting on the bed watching Tin with dark lust filled eyes. "You're beautiful," Tin said, leaning over to kiss him at the same time as he moved to straddle him without breaking the kiss.

"Please— Tin." Can's voice cracked at the words.

Something in the way he spoke sent sparks to Tin's dick and he settled back a little to find the right angle and then took a firm hold of Can and began to jerk him. Although part of him wanted to savour it, their first time touching each other like this, there was no way that was going to happen today. He moved his hand quickly. Just the way he would want done to him. Can's cock glistened with pre-come and Tin's mouth watered.

Tin leant forward and whispered all the things he wanted to do to Can against his ear. He threaded the fingers of his spare hand with Can's and sat back again, loosening his grip on Can's dick for the time that it took to line his own up against it and wrap his fingers back around both of them. Can's other hand wrapped around his and Tin set the pace, loving how Can's hips arced up off the bed as filthy words left his lips, a stream of encouragement peppered with profanity and then Tin's name repeated in increasing volume as they both neared the edge.

"Come, Can. I can feel how near you are. I want to see it."

Tin's orgasm hit him hard, falling over the edge just after Can's dick erupted, the sight of which was his undoing, everything going back as he squeezed his eyes shut for a moment before he leant over and kissed Can, lazy and deep, as their bodies twitched through the aftermath.

When he broke the kiss and stared down at Can he found him looking at him through wonderous eyes with a soppy grin. Seemed Tin had very pleasurable way of rendering Can totally speechless.

Tin moved off him, back to his side and pulled Can into his arms. Can was softly snoring within five minutes. Tin took a little longer to fall asleep, his busy mind replaying everything and looking for meaning, but sleep did come eventually.

:::::

When Tin woke up the following morning the other side of the bed was empty, and Tin felt suddenly cold. Had Can regretted what had happened between them after all?

Instead of going looking for him as all of his instincts were screaming at him to do he headed into the shower, and when there was still no sign of Can when he came out and got dressed he headed out of the room and down to the kitchen, careful to keep his face blank.

Can was sitting as the island talking to Jet holding Ren perched on the counter in front of him. His smile was wide when he caught sight of Tin hovering in the doorway. "Morning!" Can greeted. "I woke up on Ren time so I came down to find her." He was looking at Tin with no trace of awkwardness or regret as Tin had feared and he felt himself relax and offer a smile in return.

The only thing he didn't do, but wanted to, was to kiss Can on the cheek to greet him before he snagged Ren from him and gave the kiss to her instead. He noticed Jet was watching them closely. When their eyes met she smiled and said, "Can I get you some breakfast?"

Tin sat at the island beside Can as he ate his congee and they talked about what they were going to do that day. Can told him he'd already been for his run around the lake and said he wanted to go and see his mother with Ren which suited Tin because he had an assignment he needed to proof read before submitting it on Monday. They agreed they would meet at their usual Saturday hang-out, the hotel swimming pool and Can left with Ren, insisting he wanted to get the bus and that he didn't need a lift.

Tin watched him go, confusion clouding his head. Can hadn't acted any different towards him at all. What happened between them the previous night had, for him, had blown everything apart. He was no cowering virgin, far from it, but he'd never been with a guy before and he'd certainly never been with someone he cared about. Was in love with. Last night had been mind-blowing. How was Can so unaffected?

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

6.1K 498 18
OhmNanon AU💚❤️ "Am I too late Now ?? " " My world is always you, My Sunshine. But Am I too late Now ? " . . . Destiny is always be the game changer...
20.6K 1.3K 35
This is my first ever book by which I started writing , so please don't mind my unexperienced writing skills 😅🙏. Can is a sweet college student who...
54.9K 1.2K 21
abt: ddot loved dd in a way A brother shouldn't... 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭: 1/15/23 𝐞𝐧𝐝: ?
389K 13.7K 84
Individuals who fell in love by chance.. Separated,then met one another by chance. Some say, it's a coincidence. Other's foretell, it was destined. ...