||You're Mine|| {Scrutinized:...

By xx_WriterChick_xx

(Y/N) is a 24 year old girl who is currently on the run. After a tragic family accident, she moves to Virgini... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
BoNuS cHaPtEr
Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Bonus: Alternative Scenes
Bonus : (Y/N)'s Backstory
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Bonus!
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Bonus! Alternative Scenes
UPDATE PLEASE READ!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Epilogue
Bonus! (And Goodbye)

Chapter 41

1.9K 108 286
By xx_WriterChick_xx

(Y/N)

Everything was a blur after what happened, like a dream you'd experience in the moment, but then afterwords, you can only remember fragments.

I had somehow found myself standing outside a large jail cell, most likely in a police station. My hair was damp, and I smelled like soap, so I must have taken a shower before racing over here.

I also noticed the tremble in my body, how weak my knees were. The place was vacant, no cops in sight. The only people that were here was Thomas, angrily pacing back and forth, Clint sitting in a metal chair against the wall behind me, his face looking shameful.

And finally, Tanner and Adam, who was currently standing behind the bars of the large jail cell.

Adam looked angry, his brows furrowed as he rattled the metal bars for the third time. "Come on, you bastard! Let us out of here!" He had a strain in his voice, as if he wanted to hurl threats at Thomas, but I'm relieved he held back.

Thomas turned to glower at Adam, green eyes bewildered. "Are you shitting me? I finally caught two men. One that's been terrorizing women for so long..." The agent's gaze flickered over to Tanner, who currently had both his arms hanging through the bars, a perplexed smile on his face. "I knew I recognized you from the fucking B.O.L.O!"Th

Thomas turned back to Adam, a small smile tugging at his lips. "And now I've finally caught the man behind the Shadow Web... we'll be sure your punishment is suffer-able."

"Fuck you." Adam growled, clenching the cell bars even tighter. "You don't even know me."

Tanner giggled from next to him, and we all turned to look at him as his arms reached out for Thomas. "Listen mister FBI guy... I know you wanted me, but you didn't have to go as far as locking me up."

Thomas's anger melted away, now replaced by deep confusion and fear. I facepalmed, shaking my head. Now wasn't the time for Tanner's jokes.

I hadn't said a word since I arrived here. Every time I tried to speak, the logical side of my thoughts stopped me, and I was overwhelmed with guilt. Seeing Thomas as the sane one, snapped me back to reality, and I was reminded about how wrong I felt in all of this.

But, I wasn't just going to turn my back on Adam and Tanner. We were so close, and I had to do something about it. Clint was silent as well, looking at me, eyes swimming with guilt.

Tanner continued teasing, stretching his arms as far out of the cell as he could. "Let us out, and then you can confess your undying love for me!"

Thomas took a step back, shaking his head as the innocent side took over his expression. "I- I like women..."

Tanner snorted. "Sure! That's what they all say! Now bring those luscious lips over here-"

"Tanner, that's enough!" I finally mustered up enough courage, and I was now approaching Thomas, fists clenched, and eyes narrowed. "Thomas... let them go!"

The agent's face looked angry again, and he fixed his glare on me now. "(Y/N)... you're the person I should be the most angry with." He gestured towards the men in the cell. "Helping these guys slaughter people? Trying to find the BlueBlood Killer? That's absolute bullshit!"

I felt my hands tremble, and I drew in a deep breath, my voice remaining steady. "Thomas... we've been making progress. If anyone can help me find the killer, then it's them..."

"Do you even hear yourself?" Thomas kicked a foot against the concrete floor and placed a hand on my shoulder, eyes searching mine. "You sound like a goddamned lunatic! This is what happens when you associate with sick people like them."

Tanner hit his fist on the metal bars, causing an echo to bounce off the empty walls of the room we were in. "Don't touch her!"

Thomas ignored Tanner's demand, so I continued what I was saying. "Listen to me! I was desperate in this situation. I was kidnapped, and they made an offer. I needed money for my brother's bills, and I also want justice."

Thomas was going to shoot back, but I cut him off. "No! You don't understand! You have to understand that sitting on my ass filing reports won't help me find the person who murdered my family!"

A flash of hurt passed my friend's face, and he dropped his eyes to the floor. "So now you choose to tell me that?"

"It doesn't matter!" I hissed. "In the end, when we've finally got decent answers, you show up just because you're worried about me!" I felt a mixture of rage and guilt in the pit of my stomach. I was angry at the fact Thomas worried about me, and I felt awful just blatantly shifting the blame to him.

Thomas did his job, and I was now trying to guilt him for it.

He sighed, looking blankly to the spot next to me. "(Y/N)... listen to yourself. Why can't you just realize that you're doing something very illegal." His voice cracked, and it took me a moment to respond, mouth opening and closing.

"Thomas. You risked your own job to let me borrow that stupid computer of yours." The agent's eyes widened, and he took a step back.

"But that's nothing compared to what you've done."

I heard Clint stand up from his chair, and I gave him a thankful glance as he joined me, eyes firm. "Listen, I've been doing the same shit as well, and I can safely say that we didn't hurt anyone innocent."

Thomas blinked, and then a look of distraught formed in his expression as he ran a hand through his black curls.

Clint pointed at Tanner and Adam from next to us. "Did you stop to think that those two might have a good reason for wanting to find the BlueBlood Killer? Huh?"

Adam chuckled, causing Thomas to look over to him. "Doesn't matter anyway. The one who killed (Y/N)'s family isn't even the BBK."

I studied the way Thomas's face changed. He looked even paler than he was before, and his jaw clenched tightly. "How the hell would you know that? The proof is all there!"

I stepped in again, trying to calm the situation. "Thomas. The man we were questioning... he told us that it was a woman that was pursuing me. She copies the killer or something like that."

The agent shook his head, looking deeply troubled as his eyes remained staring at the floor. "Well, I don't need to know any of this. Your little investigation is over!" He turned and pointed at Adam and Tanner. "You both are going to stay in there until the police come get you. Both of you can rot."

Then, he spun around and stomped towards the door, quickly opening it up and slamming it behind him.

"Shit!" Adam kicked at a metal bench, pacing back and forth while Tanner mushed his face against the bars, his smile showing disappointment.

"Darn. Mission failed!"

Clint sat back down in his chair, and I gritted my teeth, mind spinning as I replayed Thomas's face breaking over and over. He was a good friend, and he's sensitive. Maybe I can convince him.

But, I needed to make sure of one thing. With my heart sinking, I looked to Adam. Once he caught my eyes, I felt like I was being pulled away. These people have been by my side, and now that they know this person wasn't the one they were looking for, would they even bother to help me?

"Adam..." I approached him gingerly. "I can convince Thomas to help you out... but does this mean you won't help me anymore? I mean... this killer we are looking for isn't even the person you wanted."

The man stared at me, perfectly calm as my heart raced. At this point, picturing him, Tanner and Clint leave me to searching for this girl alone made me want to scream. I didn't want to be isolated again, left to watched my brother die, and not have anyone around me anymore.

But, Adam was confident as he spoke, his words a huge reassurance, relaxing the tense muscles in my body. "(Y/N), that's about the dumbest question I've ever heard."

Tanner laughed at the statement, and gave me his cheerful smile, which made my heart swell. "Listen, (Y/N). We're responsible for making you crazy, so I think it's only fair if we keep at it."

Clint sighed, leaning a shoulder against the cell where Adam was standing. "But, I'm curious of two things : One, if that woman is a BBK copycat, then where is the actual killer? And two, what if (Y/N) can't bust you two out?"

"That's easy!" Tanner exclaimed gleefully. "If she can't convince him, then she can kill him!"

My stomach churned, and the sentence left a bad taste in my mouth. Turning to Tanner, I took his hand which was still hanging between the bars. "Tanner... what did we say about me having morals?" He tilted his head at me, as I gave his hand a little pat. "I don't murder people. Plus, I would never wish death upon a friend."

Tanner scowled as I dropped his hand. "That guy is your friend? Why?"

I glared at him. "You've asked me that before. I don't need to tell you why! He's just a person who risked his own job for me."

Adam put a hand on Tanner's shoulder. "Relax. (Y/N) can talk to whoever she wants. You don't control her."

I watched as Tanner forced out a dry laugh, his eyes suddenly hazy. "You don't get it..."

His tone of voice made me uncomfortable, yet reassured that he somewhat cares. Turning away, I took a few steps toward the door Thomas ran out of. "Hang tight guys. I'm going to try and talk to him."

Clint called out to me, causing me to look over my shoulder. "Are you really certain that an FBI agent will let two murderers out of the jail cell just because he trusts you?"

I felt myself smile, remembering all the things Thomas has done to comfort me. "Thomas is different. He wants me to avenge my family. I'm sure once he sees how desperate I really am... he will give in."

Tanner made a face. "Ugh, cheesy much?"

Adam chuckled, patting Clint on the head, to which he reacted with a puzzled expression. "Come on, Clint. At this point, this whole mission might just be for (Y/N)'s sake."

I shook my head, hand now wrapped around the door handle. "No, Adam. If we can stop this woman from killing other people, then we won't just be helping me." I paused for a moment, and then added, "We'll also be stopping her from getting you killed. Remember that?"

Adam smiled genuinely, and then sighed. "We may not have the satisfaction of finding the man who messed Tanner and I up... but I'm game if we can manage to take down someone who looks up to that same man."

Tanner threw his arms up in the air after a short silence fell over everyone. "Well... are you just going to stand there, or are you going to talk to him?"

I snapped out of my own thoughts, and flipped him off with a smile. "I mean, I wouldn't mind leaving you in there!"

Tanner put on an offensive face, putting a hand to his chest dramatically. "You take that back!"

"Nope." Then I pulled open the door, and stepped outside.

The sunlight was the first thing that I saw. I grimaced, raising a hand to shield my eyes from the light as it poured out over the parking lot. There wasn't a breeze, but the air was still cool as I spotted Thomas leaning against his car, staring up at the clouds.

Other than the chirps and squawks of birds on trees nearby, the red and orange leaves falling from branches and fluttering to the ground, I noticed that atmosphere was eerily silent.

I slowly made my way towards Thomas, feeling so many emotions washing over me as I finally looked at the most sane person in my life, besides Olivia.

His eyes met mine, and I stopped for a moment, holding his gaze. After a moment of glaring at me, his expression softened, and then scooted over, allowing me to join him.

"I'm sorry, Thomas." I whispered with a shaky sigh. "I'm sorry I got involved with bad people.

Tears blurred my vision, but I didn't even care. I looked up at him, and once he saw that I was crying, his firm stare shattered, and I felt warm hands touching my face. "(Y/N)! Hey, don't cry."

Yeah, Thomas was a lot like my own brother.

I pulled his hands off my face, and then held them close as his eyes kept showing remorse, guilt, and anger.

"Thomas... remember how the BlueBlood Killer brainwashes his victims?" I asked, keeping my tone calm.

The agent swallowed, but after a moment's pause, he nodded reluctantly.

I pointed back towards the police station. "Those men you locked up... they're victims!"

Thomas's eyes widened, and then his expression broke even more. I could see a flicker of doubt, and my heart quickened, thankful that Thomas had a kind heart. "And like it or not... those people are my friends. They've showed empathy, I've seen it."

Thomas cut me off, his logical side taking over his broken one. "That doesn't excuse anything. They commit crimes. And now they've bribed you with money. That's the only reason you took the offer, and now you've gone crazy!"

His voice was quivering, but I remained calm. "They didn't choose their life. They had people they loved taken away from them!" Then I narrowed my eyes, Thomas knowing what I was about to say. "Just like me."

"(Y/N). Stop." He took his hands away from me, and I felt my heart sink. "You can't just play with me like that. You know how much I want to help you..."

I didn't break my gaze away, and I spoke slowly. "If you want to help me, then let them go. We are so close to finding this person, Thomas." Desperation clung to me, and the agent sighed, now looking completely lost and confused.

"BlueBlood Killer or not... this woman tried to take everything from me." I looked back over to the building, and then back to Thomas. "If you people can't find anything, then let us figure it out our own way..."

I paused, a tear rolling down my cheek, and I saw Thomas's eyes shining a little as well. "I just want to find whoever it is that's interfering with people's lives. I want them gone."

Then, I finished it off, every word I said pure and real. No matter how insane I felt, I still knew that I didn't want to see other people get hurt. I felt so lonely, so determined. We couldn't stop at nothing.

"Olivia, you, and even them... you're all I have. If my brother doesn't pull through... I need to be strong for him. I have to finish what I started." I took a breath, and as I glanced back up to Thomas, I saw that he was just staring back blankly.

He looked like an empty shell, like a good person who would still do anything to help a person find closure.

There was only silence between us, and my heart felt heavy with emotions. My breathing stuttered a bit, and my eyes continued to watch intensely.

Then, after a final sigh, Thomas reached into his pocket, and then he pressed something into my hand, closing my fingers around it. I looked from my hand to him. His eyes were flooded with guilt, but also understanding.

Cautiously, I opened my hand to see what he had given me. They were keys.

I couldn't help but gasp, swaying as I let the relief hit me. My heart started beating again, and as I looked up at Thomas, feeling grateful, I noticed how broken he looked.

An FBI agent breaking rules just to help someone did seem very wrong. But he still looked at me as if he knew I could accomplish my goal.

As Thomas spoke, his voice dripped with anger, and remorse. "I swear, if I lose my badge because of this..." He paused for a moment, searching for words to say. "You better find her, (Y/N)."

A/N : Meanwhile, back in the police station :

Clint : So what are we going to do about the FBI dude if he lets us go?

Tanner : Easy! I'm going to slit his throat, slice him down the middle, and wear him as a winter coat!

Adam : Tanner... (Y/N) wouldn't find that as attractive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 560 21
22 year old Y/N is a kind, charismatic, and caring young college student. She's an artist with a kind heart and an old soul, though she can be snappy...
9K 165 21
(Y/N) is a detective who has to stay overnight a few days at her friends Luna's house, her boss told her that Luna came telling them some juicy stuff...
135 12 8
"You really are a bodyguard...right?" He spoke while seeing two bodies lying down shot directly in the chest. "I'm afraid you're wrong Kim Taehyung...
869 20 12
It's 2017, yet another 27 years passed again. That means IT is back, more hungry than ever. (Y/n), an 18 year old girl just graduated from college, g...