Be Mine? || Harry Styles

By faithhood11

All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 37

3.3K 90 12
By faithhood11

Chapter 37

Grace’s POV

“I can’t believe you are actually valedictorian and Liam is salutatorian. Why are you guys so smart?”

“Sammy hush. You are number five.”

I laid on Sammy’s bed watching her as she packed clothes in her suitcase. She was emotional because she had to leave Calum. She had already said goodbye to him but she was still really distraught. Calum wanted to stay here and go to University here and Sam was having a hard time with that. Sammy’s aunt lived in New Jersey and she was going to stay with her for the summer before she could move into the dorms at Columbia. I was excited that we would all be together but I felt bad for Sammy. I couldn’t imagine leaving Harry behind. I always thought I would have to until he decided he wanted to come with me. I just wished Sam was getting her prince charming too.

“Sam, I know this isn’t what you want to hear but there are tons of people out there. Maybe you’ll find the guy in New York. Maybe it’s meant to be this way.”

She smiled but wiped a tear from her cheek.

“He is the one Grace. I don’t know how I know it but I do. It’s him. I don’t think I’m ever going to feel this way about anybody.”

“I know but if it’s meant to be, he’ll wait and so will you. Eventually a time will come where the two of you can be in the same place again.”

“He’s not going to wait for me for four freaking years Grace.”

“But what if he does?”

Just as she was about to argue with me, Sammy’s door burst open. For some reason, I jumped but it was only Calum. He had been crying and I had to look away for a second. I felt that way with Harry too. I couldn’t stand to see Harry crying. It ripped me to pieces.

“Sammy I love you. Please just stay with me for the summer. I am in love with you and I don’t want to let you go. I’m not ready Sam.”

“Calum, please don’t do this. Don’t try to make me stay.”

“But I don’t want anything but you and it’s not jealousy. After Liam kissed you, I was pissed. I didn’t even want you around him but now I just don’t want to lose you. I’m not ready for this and I can’t handle it.”

“So what? We spend an incredible summer together and then you’ll be ready? It’s better if I just leave now.”

I wanted to but in. I wanted to tell my headstrong best friend to shut her mouth and just be with who she wants to be with but I knew this was something I had to let her do on her own. She had to make her own decisions regardless of whether I wanted to but in or not.

“Nothing is better about you leaving me! It sucks. I used to be this guy that didn’t have a care in the world. I just went to parties and got wasted and I just didn’t have much to lose but now I have everything to lose Sammy. Dammit, why can’t you see that?”

“Calum I…”

“Please. Just for the summer. I want to spend my summer with you.”

“It’s going to be ten times harder to say goodbye if I stay Cal.”

“I know but I can live with that as long as it’s not today. Please.”

Sammy looked at me and I knew she was asking for my approval even though she didn’t need it for a second. I nodded anyway, giving her the push I knew that she wanted.

“Okay…okay.” She said, barely audible.

I wanted to hug my best friend and tell her how proud I was but Calum beat me to it, throwing his arms around my best friend and telling her that he loved her. I smiled and Sam looked over at me from above Calum’s shoulder and I smiled at her. The look she was giving me was one of guilt but I wasn’t even a little upset with her for making the decision to stay. Of course I would miss spending the summer with her but I wasn’t upset.

“I’m sorry Grace.” Sammy told me sincerely.

“No Sammy don’t you even worry. I’m glad that you are staying with Calum but Calum, you better take care of my bestie.” I said, pointing at him.

“Of course I will Grace. I promise. I can’t believe you and Styles are leaving tomorrow. I’m going to miss you and that sour puss.”

I laughed at Calum and hugged Sammy.

“I promise it’s fine. I love you and just want you to be happy.”

“I love you too Gracie and I’ll be in New York before you know it. I’ll be over at your house in the morning before you leave.”

I nodded but I didn’t want to think about saying goodbye to her. I couldn’t think about that. I really just wanted to skip all of the goodbyes because I knew I would be so emotional. If I could just fast forward through that part, I would. I pulled out my phone to see that Harry had sent me a text a few minutes before.

Harry: Can you meet me at my house soon?

Me: Yeah, of course. Is something wrong?

Harry: No, not really. I just want to go somewhere.

Me: Okay. I’ll be there in ten minutes.

Harry: K.

I looked over the messages, hoping that nothing was wrong with Harry. It still made me feel uneasy that Harry’s father, the same man that was a fugitive and running from the law, was somewhere out there. I don’t speak of it with Harry but sometimes I still think about that gun being held to my temple. I was sure I was going to die that day. I would never bring that up to Harry again. One day I did and he flipped out, telling me to never speak to him of that again.

I tried to push these thoughts out of my head as I pulled into Harry’s drive. I still find it weird that Harry lives in the house I grew up in. I had so many memories at that house and now I have new ones with Harry. I found Harry sitting on the steps outside of his house. He watched me as I approached him but made no move to get up.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” He replied.

He looked up at me through his thick eyelashes and my heart picked up. He was so beautiful, breathtaking really.

“Can I take you somewhere?”

I nodded. For some reason, I got the feeling that Harry didn’t want to talk much so even though I was eager to, I walked with him to his car in silence. Once inside, Harry grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. After a few turns, I knew exactly where we were going. We were going to our abandoned house. Harry turned on that familiar gravel road and I squeezed his hand as we came to a stop. He still hadn’t said a word to me and I wanted to hear his husky voice.

“Don’t get out of the car.” He told me and I obliged, staying seated.

I knew what he was going to do before he rounded the car and opened my door, scooping me up into his arms. I tucked my head into his brown jacket, the fabric smelling of his cologne, of him. I looked up at the sky, the overcast weather somehow calming to me. I loved the rain even when it was cold outdoors. Harry carried me all the way to our picnic table out by the abandoned mansion.

Harry’s POV

I held her in my arms, content to have her up against my chest. I wanted to be here with her right now. I had to be.

“Why did we come here?” she asked as I set her down on top of the table.

“It’s…hard to explain love.” I said honestly.

My reasons didn’t make much sense even to me so I didn’t think they would make any sense to Grace.

“Try to explain.”

I sighed, taking my place beside Grace.

“Well I…I was thinking about us today and…well I think this is the place where I fell in love with you and I just had this need to be here with you before we leave. I know it’s stupid but this is where I fell in love with you so this is how I want to remember this place.”

“You didn’t act like you loved me.”

“I know but you know how I am. I’m fucking hard headed and will most likely always be.”

“Harry, do you really want to leave? I’m serious baby; we don’t have to leave.”

“Yes. I want to.” He nodded.

I looked over to him and for some reason, I felt almost nervous. Being here was taking me back to the beginning of our relationship.

“I want to leave Grace. I do. It’s just that I don’t want to lose you and you’re going to be so busy with college and well I just hope I don’t become your high school boyfriend from this small town. You’re finally getting out and seeing the world like you’ve always wanted and I just hope that you don’t find it all…better than me.”

“Nothing could beat this.”

“Can I ask you something?” I said, looking her in the eyes.

She nodded and I smiled to myself.

“Will you kiss me? One time when we were here you begged me to kiss you and now I’m asking you.”

“Harry, why are you even asking?” she said, grabbing my collar and attaching her lips to mine.

My hands immediately found her body, squeezing at her hips. I was desperate and my lips were demanding. I parted her lips with my tongue and invaded her mouth. My hands urgently entered her shirt to graze my fingers over the lace bra she wore. I love when she wears lace but the cotton underwear she puts on when she thinks I won’t be around to see are my favorite. She looks so damn innocent in them. As glad as I am that nobody has ever had her, it surprises me that nobody has touched this angel. How could that even happen?

“Harry.” She moaned, her nimble hands going behind my neck.

I smiled in satisfaction. She wanted me, only me and she had me. Her lips sucked on my neck just below my chin and then they made their way around to my ear before she pulled away.

“Harry, I need to tell you something.”

“What is it?” I asked, my heart rate picking up to an unsettling pace.

“I…I’m scared about your dad. I know you don’t like to talk about it but it scares me.”

“I will kill that piece of shit if he gets anywhere near you.” I spit, pulling away from her.

“Woah. Calm down Harry. It just scares me knowing he is out there somewhere.”

“He won’t be around.”

“How do you know that Harry?”

“Can you just stop fucking talking about it?” I asked not so nicely.

She was pissing me off for even bringing it up to me.

“I don’t want to fight.” She said breathlessly.

“I don’t want to fight either but you are being so fucking annoying by bringing this shit up to me. Can you just drop it?”

“Yes.” She said barely audible.

“Shit, I’m sorry.” I said, burying my head in my palms.

“Don’t talk to me like that.” She said, avoiding my eyes and walking back to my car, leaving me alone.

When it started to pour rain, I mentally slapped myself. Well damn, that’s not how that was supposed to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

675K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
160K 8.1K 28
in which a lonely girl writes letters to her runaway love in hopes of his return. Dear Harry Β© louminosity 2014-2015 --- Completed. xx
309K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC