Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Grace's POV

"Are you sure you're okay Grace. You look so different. You look exhausted and...sad."

I looked up into my mom's kind brown eyes. She had always been so good at reading me...well everyone. She always knew if something was up just as I always knew if something was bothering her.

"Mom, it's a guy."

"Oh honey. Sit. Tell me about it."

I took a couple steps forward and sat beside her on my parent's king sized bed. I scooted all the way back so that I was leaning against the headboard.

"Tell me about this boy. What's his name?"

"Mom...it's Harry."

"Harry? You mean, Harry Styles Harry?"

"Yes. I knew him before you hired him. I..."

"Grace. You like Harry?"

"Mom...I think I've fallen for him."

"What? Grace...I've never heard you..."

"Mom, I get this feeling every time I'm around him. My heart starts pounding and I can't think straight. He's really gotten under my skin."

"Do you love him? Do you love him like you love Liam?"

"It's more than that. With Liam, everything is comfortable. I'd do anything for him. He's my best friend. But with Harry, he's a challenge. I feel like I'm falling so hard and he's pulling away. He told me that he didn't want me."

"What? Why would he say that?"

"I think he has an issue with committing. Maybe he things I'll hurt him, I don't know. I do know that he's been so jealous of Liam."

My mom wrapped a comforting arm around my shoulder and I leaned into the crook of her neck.

"Honey, I think you need to follow your heart. If it's meant to be, he'll change. If not, then he just doesn't know what he's missing sweetheart."

"Mom you have an obligation to say that as my mother."

"Maybe but it's true. Promise."

I laid in bed that night, not able to sleep. I finally pulled out my phone. I needed to talk to Liam. He always made me feel so much better.

"Grace? Are you okay? It's after midnight."

"Yes I'm okay Liam. I just wanted to talk to you. I wanted to let you know how much you mean to me."

"Grace...what are you..."

"I love you Liam so you have to hear the truth. I love him too but he doesn't want me and the only way that we will work is if I'm honest with you. I want this to work between us. I really do."

"But you love him." he stated dryly.

"I think so."

"I want this to work too but I just don't want to see you choose him in the end. That's my biggest fear."

"He doesn't want me." I reminded him.

"Grace, I'm not an idiot. He wants you but I want you more. I've loved you for so long. I never told you because I didn't want to scare you off or lose you. I don't know how I could handle that."

"You'll always have me."

"Do you promise me?"

"Yes."