Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Grace's POV

He thought I didn't hear him but I did.

Grace, I love you. His words kept running through my mind but I didn't want him to know that I'd heard. I always knew that Liam felt something for me but...love? Of course I love Liam but do I love him in the same way that he means or in a friendly way? I felt so confused, a curly haired boy clouding my every thought. Every time I closed my eyes, I could see his green ones.

"We should all watch a movie." Sammy suggested, propping her feet up on the back of Liam's couch while stuffing her face with Doritos.

I bit my lip, hesitantly standing to my feet.

"Um...I should probably go back to the restaurant."

"What?...no." Liam said, sitting up beside me.

"I need to be there. I promised my parents I would keep an eye out and I just want to make sure everything went smoothly before closing."

"Well I'm coming with you then. There's no telling what he will try."

I nodded, knowing there was no way to convince Liam to stay. I didn't even bother trying because I knew it was no use. Liam was silent almost all the way to the restaurant. When we were only a couple of miles away, he glanced at me letting out a deep breath.

"Grace, I can't promise that I will keep my cool around him anymore. He just makes me so mad."

"Who?"

Liam gave me a look and rolled his eyes. I knew he was talking about Harry but part of me hoped that he wasn't. When we got to the restaurant, Harry's car was already gone.

"Thank god." Liam said as we got out of his car.

I couldn't understand why I felt disappointment after not seeing Harry's beat up car in the lot. We would probably never talk again and I just didn't know how I felt about that. I know that he hates me. He practically cussed me out just for getting upset with him. He still shouldn't have opened his big mouth and none of this would be happening right now. As we walked into the restaurant, the hostess, Kara looked up at us.

"Where's Harry?" I immediately asked.

What if he went back to that bar? What if he's gotten himself into trouble again? I don't know what I'd do if something happened to...

"He went out looking for you. After we made out...I mean...shit I wasn't supposed to tell you that."

In front of Liam I tried to appear unaffected but inside I could feel literally feel a sharp pain in my chest. I hated Kara for kissing Harry. I didn't even want to think about him with anyone else. It hurt too much. Why would he kiss Kara and then go out looking for me? That didn't make since.

When Liam pulled out his phone, he frowned as he looked down at it.

"Grace, I have to go. I need to pick up my sister from my airport. My mom got sick so she can't."

I nodded as he grabbed my hand, kissing me briefly. He looked almost nervous to leave me.

"It's okay Liam."

"I know. I trust you."

You shouldn't.

After Liam was gone, I turned to Kara my jaw clenching in frustration.

"Did he tell you where he was going to go? Did he say he was going to my house or Liam's house?"

"Well your friend told him that you were at Liam's so I'm assuming...I don't know. He's probably across the street at that bar. Why don't you just call him?"