Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Grace’s POV

Time was moving quickly, too quickly for me. New York had always been somewhere I wanted to go sometime in the future but now, it was a place where I’d be moving to in a few short months. In just a few days, Liam, Harry, and I would be flying to the big apple, Liam and I to tour NYU and Harry to check out the café, Fromage. Ashton and Gem had visited Harry’s house a couple of times and it seemed like Harry and Ashton’s business deal was a go. They were already discussing ways to improve and run the business successfully. They seemed to really bond and it was official; Gem and Ashton would be getting married next spring. They were also considering moving to New York after they graduated. Harry didn’t like the idea of leaving Anne but I assured him that after I graduated, which would be a while, we could move wherever he wanted. He had smiled at me and told me that we would alternate. I would pick a place to live a few years, then him, and so on. I loved the fact that Harry and I were long term. I absolutely never wanted to be away from him. We’d grown so close and were so serious, our relationship so important to us.

“Sweetie, are you getting ready to go to New York?” My mom asked as she tapped on my open door.

“Yeah.”

“Are you and Harry going to go look at that apartment above that café?”

“Yeah we are. I think it’s all going to work out really good. The apartment and café is in walking distance from NYU.”

“Yeah you told me. I talked to Liam’s mom and she said that Liam is thinking about living on campus in a dorm.”

I looked down at my suitcase, feeling a little bitter-sweet about the fact that we weren’t going to be living in the same apartment building as Liam. Maybe that was a good thing. Although Harry and Liam had been getting along better, there was still some tension there. I figured this tension would diminish some over time, I hoped it would.

“He cares so much about you. I know that Harry is the one for you but Grace, don’t forget about the life you had before him. Liam cares a lot about you. I just don’t want you to pick your boyfriend over your best friend. You can have both.”

“I know. I’m trying to balance everything. It’s hard when Liam has feelings for me.”

“Do you ever wonder if you made the right choice?” she asked.

“No mom! Harry is everything to me.”

“Oh sweetie, I know he is. I can see how much the two of you love each other. It’s so intense but inconvenient…for your age.”

“He’s the one mom.” I told her.

“I know, and your father and I like him. We wouldn’t allow you to move in with him and live all the way across the country if we didn’t.”

I dropped the shirt I was folding, my heart stopping for a second. Something about my mom saying it out loud made it so real. Here I was standing in my childhood bedroom packing to go all the way across the country. I would actually be moving there in less than four months. I didn’t want to cry but before I knew it, I was in tears. I hated that I was so sensitive at times.