Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Grace’s POV

I watched Harry during lunch, admiring all of his features. I tried to remind myself that I hardly knew the guy but his absolute gorgeousness was clouding my judgment. I admired all of his features, loving his curly hair and long lashes. Wow.

“Grace, can you even hear? I was talking to you.” Sammy’s voice scolded, pulling me out of my little trance.

“Yeah, sorry. What did you say?”

“I asked if you wanted to come over after school.”

“Oh I have to work but you guys can come by the restaurant and chill.”

I looked over to Harry, noticing that he looked slightly confused.

“My mom owns a restaurant and I’m a waitress”

“Ah cool, a family business.”

“It’s not a family business. Her dad’s a biologist.” Liam muttered, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Liam and Harry exchanged a look while Sammy frowned at me. I shrugged, not understanding what I did wrong. I knew that Liam and I really needed to sit down and talk soon. Everything seemed to be bothering him.

“Liam can I talk to you outside for a minute?” I asked.

He took a bite of his apple and stood up.

“Actually, I need to get to class. I’ll see you later Sammy.” Liam said, not even acknowledging me or Harry.

“Grace, maybe I could get your number?”

I smiled, putting my contact into his phone, him doing the same with mine. I blushed as he kissed my hand before leaving.

“Oh my god Sam…did you just see that?”

“You mean Liam completely heartbroken? Yeah I saw.” She said, gathering her bags.

I frowned, not expecting that reaction out of her.

“Sam, what am I supposed to do? I really don’t know what to do. I don’t like Liam like that.”

“Well tell him that Grace. Don’t flirt with Harry right in front of him when you know how he feels about you. Liam’s a good guy Grace. He doesn’t deserve that.” She told me, throwing her bag over her shoulder.

“You’re right…You’re always right.” I said, nodding.

“Of course I’m right. That’s why I’m your bestie.”

“I love you Sammy.”