Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Grace’s POV

I woke up with a frown on my face, Harry not in bed with me. He had stayed at his mom’s house the night before and it just felt weird. It didn’t feel right to not sleep beside him. I had the urge to pick up my phone from my nightstand and immediately call him but I knew he wouldn’t be up this early in the morning and I didn’t want to wake him.

As I debated on what to eat for breakfast, my phone started going off making me jump.

“Hello?” I answered not even looking at the caller ID.

“Hey baby, can you come to my house please?”

“Harry? Are you okay?”

“No. Just please come.”

Just as I was about to ask why I needed to come, he hung up and I jumped out of bed, shimmying into my jeans, throwing on my sweatshirt and quickly brushing my teeth. I grabbed my leather purse and booked it down the stairs.

“Grace honey, are you okay?”

“Yeah mom, I just…have to go somewhere. I’ll explain later.”

Something was wrong. I could feel it. Harry sounded like he’d been crying. He sounded like something was really wrong. I grabbed my keys from the rack and ran out to my car. It had been so long since I actually drove it. My heart plummeted in my chest and I drove fast to Harry’s house. I pulled into the drive, shutting the engine off and immediately hopping out the door. I practically ran up to the front door and opened it without knocking. Anne and Gem were both leaned up against the counter in the kitchen and they looked relieved to see me.

“What’s going on?” I asked, frantically looking around for Harry.

Anne gave a pitied look which I could’ve done without.

“He woke up screaming this morning. He won’t talk to either one of us. He’s in his room. He was crying. I don’t know what his nightmare was about but…”

I ran up the stairs and into Harry’s room finding him curled up in a ball. I walked over to his bed and laid down beside him. Before I could do or say anything, he pulled me in tightly, a couple of whimpers escaping his parted lips.

“Harry…I came as fast as I…”

“Shh…Just promise me.”

“Promise you what Harry?”

“Promise me you won’t go anywhere. Just promise me nothing will happen to us.”

“Harry, I promise. I’m not going anywhere baby.” I assured, pushing his curls off his sweaty forehead.