Crimson Kingdom

By jayfeatherisjayswing

King Edward rules one of the largest kingdoms as of current but his dethronement is seemingly around the corn... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Seven

1 0 0
By jayfeatherisjayswing

"The fates will might not be unbreakable after all" Ryla whispers Ikari's eyes light up

"Of course not girl, otherwise you would have been long dead, you would never have met your father, and the golden that shines from your hollowed eyes would never have graced this pitiful world" The crack in the fates spell shows this so very perfectly that it is laughable, but the world has ordained that she is not yet to know about that cruelty the fates have cast upon her. Emotional bondage, something so very cruel to an Elven heir with Faerie blood, the Elves are known to feel with a breathtaking depth while the Faerie are known to have an anger so fiery it fuels their battle cry.

"What are we to do now Ryla"

"We are heading deep into the Arcadian Forest, to call in a life debt from the Unknown's tribe"

"Only their own can enter their forest" Ryla pulls down her chest garment to reveal an insignia broad and bold a simply design a tree surrounded by the ancient creed of the unknown.

"Canterio wenira alia serivia" she whispers a motto she hasn't uttered in years.

"The unknown haven't gone to war for thousands of years, what makes you think you can convince them?"

"You really don't know who my master is do you, Ikari? A name that shakes the very foundations of their tribe, a woman so profound and awing the savior of their tribe. The very first founder the only name by which could call them to war."

"No" his voice a whisper in the roaring of her heart. Her heart cries out it's been so very long since she has felt her masters penetrating stare, that brash hardness, the type of love only the scarred can give.

"Say it" Ikari's body began to shake an overwhelming kind of shake

"Nova of the Damned, the heiress to Hades throne not by blood but by eternal strength a women so scorned by life that her strength demands a tribute"

"'Nova of the damned? No, Nova of the rescued, the saved and as the motto goes, 'only the weak survive' my master has destroyed whatever fate tried to control, she is my hope"

"Nova has never taken any students"
"Do you actually think that she would allow for anyone to know if she took a student, after everyone that was taken from her?" Ikari gazes up at her this god of anger is nothing compared to the fuel that raged within herself, an anger only a fae can possess an anger that builds within her heart an anger she cannot feel.

A thump resounds among the tree covered clearing Ryla's training kicks in and her sword is drawn and her stance steadies, small tanned skin appears from slightly beyond the trees.

"Reveal yourself" Blade calls out in a rumbling tone. Little by little small step by small step a small child of reveals herself

'Speak your name young one" those eyes remind Ryla of a man she met many years ago his name was Zeri one of the tribes own

"Rakira" a wince shudders through Ryla's body

"I beseech you, as one of your own I am seeking your company as we travel to speak to Zeri" her eyes lighten but suddenly she speaks the phrase one Astra has not heard in years, the sound of being home

"Weira ona wera si yora weirassen"(Weak one where is your weakness )

"Wenira selive desiin em I ethbre ti" tears line the young child's face(Weakness lives within me I breathe it)

"Please I've been lost for almost a quarter moon, my father, he is all I have Zeri I am heir to the tribes throne"

" Child I am your fathers best friend who is your mother?"

" Her name is Kalesi she disappeared a few years ago with no trace it drove father mad the tribe is petitioning his removal I need to get back please" a strain tightens her heart, Kalesi found her when she had run from the truth, the truth that she could never be a true member of the tribe she would always have a destiny that existed somewhere else. Kalsei did not know what blood flowed through her veins but she sat with her and she told her that some people were destined for greatness and sometimes will could never ordain it not to be. Kalsei sat with her and said that she would always be welcomed back and however far they parted they would always be family the kind that only two orphans could be. After their talk they walked side by side back to camp and upon entrance Kalsei made eye contact with Zeri and suddenly the golden spell of mateship among the tribe was spun and after a thousand years of stalemate a soulmate pair was found.

"Tell me differently please" a crack resounded in the foundation of her heart one of three

"I cannot, did you know her?" yes

"I did I knew them both so many years ago, we grew up together, your mother was a warrior one wise beyond her years, I will find out what happened to her I cannot believe she is gone" a fire erupts encasing Ryla her magic and her majesty establishing itself

"Thalassa" a term and legend so very close to the hearts of the unknown because the very first Thalassa was somewhere thousands of years ago buried deep within Novas lineage,the witches were eternal but they could control so much but not the corrupted mind of Novas mother. Her voice came out in a gasp, if Ryla called her people to war they would go with battle cries made of fire.

"It seems the tales are still being passed down to the young, lets go" Ryla swiftly scoops Rakira into her arms, the fire not touching a single hair on her body. And the long hike to the unknown territory begins with Blade protectively at her shoulder and a surprisingly quiet god a few steps behind. The warmth of her body slowly nulls the exhausted terrified child to sleep.The fire winks out, she senses multiple presences and a small tree appears before them and a silence envelops the field, a supernatural silence. Suddenly hundreds of Unknown tribe members surround them

"Who dares enter our forest"

"Who do you think you are, threatening me, Rilan"

"Ryla? No the Odessian invaders declared you dead after treason to the new thrones ruler"

Ryla pulls her garment down to reveal the insignia that covers her heart the way that this tribe would always be in her heart.

"Canterio wenira alia serivia"

" Welcome home Ryla, we have need of you" she approaches some of the unknown at ease others who do not yet recognize her still stay wound tight ready for any aggressive movement.

"Take me straight to Zeri" the uneasiness on Rilan's faces says it all

"He's busy I can't just take you in without at least a moons warning"

"Rilan, forgive me for this please?" a sigh resounds from deep within his chest, as the Lakra it is his duty to defend the head of the tribe's wishes.

"Of course Ryla it not like I didn't see this coming" Ryla gives him a feral grin as she forms a fist and knocks him square in the jaw effectively knocking him out she motions for a fellow warrior, his aide to pick him up. The uneasiness rises at this action and a few warriors raise their weapons and are ignored as Ryla takes the lead picking up a faster pace as the run begins, the only way to enter the known tribe land. Rakira jolts awake as they dive below the gate, the entrance slowly leading from underground to a hidden clearing. Without emotions it took a miracle for Ryla to know what was right and wrong but a permanent break in the foundation of the iron encasing her heart belonged to the unknown to the only true family she had ever known.

"Take him to Nala, he'll be fine in a few minutes" her cold eyes turn upon the dead weight on the tribalman's shoulder, he doesn't move her gaze a light blue glows slowly changing to the deep golden her true color. He gasps falling to one knee.

"Go" her one word spurring him into action he bursts into a run, with a deep breath her eyes return to their pervious blue, the color she hides behind. These people grew up on stories of golden eyes, gold is a sacred color and for her to possess these eyes, whether she is a Thalassa or not, which she firmly believes that she is not, would change everything. She can play the part, just like she made Rakira believe that she was one, these eyes are not a sign of her Thalassian heritage they couldn't be is what she made herself believe.

Walking towards the center of the camp everyone stops and stares as she reaches one hand up and knocks on the Chiefs door.

Thump, Thump, 3 second pause, then one more Thump. The tribal code that an official wishes to have council. A bark is heard through the door an older sound, not the voice of the newly named Tribal leader she had been forced to leave behind.

"Leave now that is an order" Ryla laughs, her golden voice ringing out among the scoffers.

She grabs the door handle, she knows exactly where this is going to lead, and tears the door off its hinges walks inside grabs the chief by his shirt and drags him outside with her.

"Who do you think you are? I could have you beheaded for this" he roars his voice akin to the wind the man she had once known but the reek of alcohol showing her different. He had once sworn off alcohol saying he had to lead by example. Throwing him on the ground before his people she knew what she had to do.

"I challenge you Zeri, for the Tribal throne" his name off her lips sent a shock through him, he couldn't recognize it yet but he knew this voice it was a voice that had never called him by his true name.

"I accept your challenge name yourself" she recalls a name that must knock some sense into him

"You know my name Zakiri, you named your daughter after me, I am Rakiri" that name, the name that the tribe gave her,no that was Ryla, Rakiri was the name he gave her named after the fire in her blood, the name that showed the world she had people who cared for

her, a family a place she truly belonged. The same family that had betrayed her just like everyone else. His knee buckles as she removes her face cover, her hair akin to the last time he would have seen her darkness harnessed, her hair turned silver when the sari took her, it's why he had not recognized her all those years ago when their eyes had met when he held a council with the king.

"No" his voice comes out in a whisper

"Do you accept my challenge? It is time if you cannot defend your place or our home it is better for someone to replace you" it is time for her to take her place as his second and knock sense into him with her court a short distance away. She gave Zakiri this title, it was not hers and she knew that so she forfeited the match by impaling herself with one of the warriors daggers. She had always known she would never be able to live a peaceful life so when the Sari stole her away she endured it all of it, all the pain, she fought her nature with every bit of fight instilled within her soul and learned not to fight. She became submissive only to meet the destiny gifted to her by the stars.

"Don't do this Ryla, Astra please" A tribal name then her given name, only few have both because first you are born and then you will decide whether you have earned a tribal name given to the most esteemed members, those who have fought weakness and have earned it.

"Choose your weapon"

"I choose the battle axe" A weapon made to tear down.

"My fists are the only weapon I need to fulfill my purpose here today" her cockiness and choice of weapon renews a spirit within him something he can only get from her, their childhood together flows through his mind, she had never been cocky like this, an act, she was playing something or she had really changed since she was taken, if she had come back the unknown would have been at risk for invasion they were watching too closely but something had changed.

The bell rings signalling the beginning Ryla stand there and waits, she always won their fights this one serves only one purpose. She takes a deep breath it is time, she has to renew the tribes faith in him. She opens her eyes and they glow a bright golden Something only he could see. Her eyes glowing as she stares at him he falters as she sprints forward swinging her fist making impact with his stomach and rolls to the side barely missing a swing from his axe

"Just like old times Zakiri" a code, and an apology, she is doing what she has to.

"Just like Old times" he returns tears streaming, what has he become, and his sister in combat the Thalassa and still by one command this tribe would be hers, the Unknown live and breath to obey the Thalassa. He drops his battle axe and the battle truly begins and it becomes a heaving exchange a screaming frustrating exchange she swings hitting him in the jaw and he drops his body so weak.

"What has happened to you?" she questions him

"Kaelsi disappeared and I just couldn't anymore I am so very sorry I let you down" a smile lights up her face

"I am not the one you need to apologize to Zakiri" The overcoming of weakness is what makes a leader a great one especially to the Unknown.

"My people I have not been the leader you deserve please forgive me, I have to forei-" With a swift kick she knocks him out then she looks at the people, her people and says

"I forfeit Zakiri wins this challenge"

"Who are you to even have a right to challenge our Tribal Master" a few shouts sound from the crowd a wisp of purely golden magic surrounds her with a look of her golden eyes they fall to their knees as a truth she does not want to face echoes from awe filled voices.

"Thalassa, Thalassa savior of our tribe" tears and sobs resound from mothers, Rakira the child who saw it first runs towards her father and with tear filled eyes gazes up at Astra.

"When he wakes up child you will find he is better than the man he used to be, sometimes words don't work you have to use violence"

"You are her, he told me about you, they both did Ryla a women so fierce and so smart that the world would be shaken by what she could do, my Eraleki" Thoughts flood through her mind fast, no they could not have named her as this childs model, the Eraleki was something so precious you only had one it was a responsibility this Tribe did not take lightly

"I need some time little one I will return before first light" fastly Ryla nods her head to Blade charging him with protection of the girl while Ikari was nowhere to be found. She rushes to their hiding spot the place she and Kalsei shared a mile off the tribal land. She picks up her pace remembering too much 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437 97 47
In the world of Dragonfire, anything is possible. Flying, teleportation, invisibility, the ability to create a lightning storm on a whim...anything c...
33 5 9
There are five kingdoms on the planet called "Earth", wherein the people have their own elemental power; it is either fire, water, earth, ice, wind...
39.5K 2.1K 58
Long ago Riders worked hard to protect the kingdoms of Alenshia, a place filled with magic and power, and keep it well organized. Long ago these Ride...
4.5K 446 77
As a new queen rises to power, the kings of Caeleste grow unrest. The Inlustris in their sights, they send an assassin to Antonella Feulune's palace...