Fixing up the Past // Glitcht...

By ManicMannyx

It was obvious Gaster wasn't keen on forgiving Jessica. It seemed like every time she tried to apologize, ev... More

"We're alive."
One Right Thing
Regrets Pushed Aside
Safety at Last
The Past Behind Them
Spaghetti and a Plan
In for the Kill
Comfort In Decay
Perfectly Imperfect
"Lovestruck?"
Testing, Testing...
Spaghetti and Yet Another Plan
Under Starlight
Simplicity
Cataclysmic
Her Voice, Her Smile, Her Love
Unprepared Preparations
Proditiophobia
Pain Teaches, Never Forgives
Point Of No Return
Shattered Goodwill
HATE's Hold
True Corruption
Change's Lead
A Rude Awakening
"Or what?"
The Past's Cruel Grudge
Deceitful Expedience
Their Days Numbered
Runaway Family
A Movement's First Step
Duplicity
Promising Allies
Family Planning
First Impressions
The Dreemurr Debate
Family Divided
Blurred Lines
Clearing The Fog
Justice's Toll
Missed Perspective
A Divided Battle
A Shattered World
Twisted Hope
Through the Haze - Teaser
Discontinued
The Gears of Fate
The Laranxa Subterfuge
Discontinued, BUT WAIT THERE IS A TWIST DONT BE SAD

Hope Where All Seems Lost

528 20 18
By ManicMannyx

Betty held the soul in her claws again, twirling it around and looking at the hate that wrapped it. "What a burden to live with. At least when I possessed him he felt the feelings I wanted him to feel, holding back this hate's hold on him."

Betty turned to Asriel, who looked at the hate on it along with her. "Look at you. You can't feel any pain. You can't let your hate give in because of the barrier I put up." Asriel nodded.

"That's not a genuine response. That's the only problem. I want you to say yes, so of course you say yes." Asriel nodded again. Betty scowled and looked back to the soul. "Alright. I'll need this hate to move onto his physical form so his soul can be clear for the skewing."

She stood up, letting the soul float on the ground. A form started to whirl around it. "Asriel, hold him down when he's here." The form solidified and Gaster jumped up, yelling in pain as the hate tangled itself around him.

Asriel kicked him to the ground as he growled. "So, what do you have to say for yourself?" Betty looked at her claws as he looked up at her with malice. "J-Jessica! Where is she?! What- What have you done to her?!" "Dead."

Gaster's eyes widened, fear taking him over. He looked to Asriel, who had a sword pointed to his back. "You're a monster. An absolute monster. What do you think she is to me, huh? What do you think you're HELPING here?!"

"I'm helping you, to be honest. See, I have two options here. I can either tell you the truth you won't believe or humor you. Which one do you want?" Gaster growled quickly. "Truth."

"I never wanted you to kill her. I wanted you to capture her so I could find a way to make her fight for me, making you two useless and willing to die at the same time!" Gaster listened attentively as she walked in circles around him.

"When I went to add hate to you so you'd be more aggressive, I couldn't believe my eyes when your soul was nearly covered in it! I look into the memories, and who do I find all that hate is for?"

Gaster scowled and grabbed her leg, slamming her to the ground. Betty's claws sharpened and slashed his arm, making him yell out in pain. He rested his head on the ground and Betty got up, kicking him in the torso as hard as she could, making him whimper and his breath become staggered. "Actions have consequences, hatebag. We were just getting to that part."

"Your little Jessica did something you didn't expect. You thought she was going to be your lapdog, come right back to you and give you a little hug, so you were ready to push her right off! Instead, she stood her ground. She fought you because she knew it was the right thing to do for the rest of her makeshift family."

"Her REAL family. We're her REAL family." Gaster felt hot tears of rage form on his eyes, but he fought them back. "Hmm. Alright. She stepped in defense of herself and her REAL family, but you couldn't accept it! So, I'll describe in wonderful detail what I saw."

Gaster clenched his fist on one arm, the other one bleeding from Betty's slash. "You didn't JUST 'see' ANYTHING. YOU INITIATED THIS!" "I wish I did. But it was sad to see you slam her against the wall, taunt her at the edge of the roof, and shatter her little blue swords!" Gaster exhaled shakily.

"You know what you did? You TORTURED her. I would've stabbed her and been done with it, but you grabbed her by the neck, told her you'd murder her, and nearly pushed her off the roof. And that's where we are..."

Betty raised his jaw, tracing her claw along the cracks that had grown on his downwards scar. "...Right now. Our little rabbit acted in self-defense, punching you like that. She probably feels terrible about it, and I ought to admit, I feel bad for YOU! You look like you're denying every letter in the words I say."

"Because I am. You can torture me, you can use me against her, you can make me a MONSTER with sharp, bared teeth. It's all because of you. Jessica will understand once she saves me, and that's what I'm confident about. That's what I'll hold on to."

Betty looked at him in bewilderment for a second. "Disgusting. Absolutely horrid. A monster obsessing over his human pet's encouragement. It could've at least been the other way around." Betty formed the spear on her fingertips, its pink glow reflecting in Gaster's eyes.

"You'll thank me when this is all over." Gaster tensed up, bracing himself for the impact and crying out in pain as it stabbed into his soul.

-----------------------------

Jessica awoke late in the night, rubbing her eyes and hearing crickets chirp loudly. "Damned tent." She got out of bed, something sliding out of her wrist slowly. A shiver went down her spine as she whirled around, seeing the I.V. swing from the cord and barely scrape against the floor.

She looked at the small prick on her wrist and sighed, removing the bandage that once held it in place. Her sword formed and whirled in front of her, lighting up the dark tent.

"AH! WHO'S THERE?! I'LL MAKE YOU REGRET HURTING MY AUNT JE-" "SHHHHHHHH! SHH! What the hell are you doing here, Chara?!" She looked at the boy who had been sleeping on the floor beside her bed. A blanket was on top of him and he struggled to pull it off, his sword's red glow combatting Jessica's.

"I wanted to protect you! I wanted to stab someone and make you proud!" Chara groaned in defeat as Jessica put on a tired smile. "Chara, I'm already proud of you." She walked over and her sword flashed away. Chara picked up a pillow and shoved his head in it. "I'm an idiot."

"No, no, no. You c'mere, we're gonna have a talk." Jessica spread out her arms and Chara looked up slowly at first, but then zapped into her arms hastily. "Ah, there we go. I was gonna ask, what happened after I was out?"

Chara wrapped his arms around her a little tighter. "I can tell you. But I don't want you to get mad." Jessica nodded quickly, grabbing edges of the blanket and pulling them up to wrap around Chara. "Alright. I won't get mad."

"D-Dad picked you up and got Gaster off your tail. By that time it was too late, and I could kinda feel it. Betty went over to you and Gaster and so I had Papyrus take Asriel for me. T-Then, I knocked Betty away into the sky."

Jessica looked at Chara with pride. "Chara, why would you think I'd be mad?" "B-Because after that, I got really mad at Gaster for doing that to you... And I- I- He- HE'S DEAD AGAIN!"

Chara sobbed and Jessica lunged at him for a hug, but Chara held out his arms to push her back. "He was on the brink of coming back, and I slashed him out of anger. And Betty came from the sky, grabbing his soul and taking him away again..."

Chara's arms gave out, leaning into Jessica. "Thank you for telling me. That's a very good thing to do. You're a very nice and kind boy, you know that?" Chara sniffled a little. "You told me that when I gave you your daughter's stuff..."

Jessica nodded, smiling as a lone tear streaked down her face. "I did. I mean it, Chara. You're a good person. And although you've done something that was not what I would do, I know why you did it, and I know you're doing great. You're doing great."

Chara cried into Jessica's shoulder, gripping the back of her sweater tight. "Thank you... Thank you..." "Shhhhh, sh-sh-sh. It's okay. You're alright."

His crying slowed as their eyes met with a pull away. They both glowed brighter than ever, ready to combat whatever was thrown at them.

"Let's go kill that bastard." "YEAH! LET'S GO KILL THAT BASTARD!" Chara jumped up and down with joy at Jessica's words as they summoned their weapons.

Their wake would be nearly unstoppable. Now more than ever, they had to stick togeth-

"Jessica! Human!" Papyrus walked in and both of them pointed their swords at him in haste. "Woah, I didn't mean to walk in! But have good news for everyone! I also heard yelling in here, so I presumed you were awake."

"O-Oh. Alright, let's hear it." Sans walked out from behind Papyrus, who was beaming with pride. "Go on! Do the thing and say it." Sans pulled his hands from his pockets and waved them around ecstatically. "Visor guy found a way to inject magic essence into my soul so I can fight. Hooray."

He seemed genuinely happy, but his tone remained tired. Jessica gasped with joy. "That's amazing! Wait, holy buttercups, that is like, the best news I've heard all night! All week! All month! Y'know, throw it to hell! Best news all year!"

Sans stepped back at her tone, not expecting the sudden happiness from Jessica. Chara threw his arms up in victory, cheering "LET'S ALL GO GET THAT BASTARD!"

Chara grabbed Papyrus's hands and spun around, dancing with him and giggling. Sans looked to Jessica's happy expression and smiled a little wider. "Hey, uh... J?" Jessica looked to Sans inquisitively. "Yeah?"

"Thank you for taking care of him and G. It means a lot." He held out his hand for a high five and Jessica smiled as they collided.

This was their time to shine.

A/N: Three chapters in a dayyyyy~! And we have the blue bag of bones back in the game cause of our man Rave!

Hmmmm... Two reds, two blues, and the purple in between. Wonder who that is ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 140 11
A long KingDings fic because this ship does not get the attention I think it deserves. I love this ship, and it's adorable. I plan on making this a f...
772 36 18
Y/N the golden child, the star of the family. Y/N never really felt like she was part of her family despite her loving relatives. She felt like they...
163K 6.1K 58
'When I was 13, I killed someone. By accident of course... It was the day I found out I possessed some type of power.' You kept it to yourself...
100K 3.2K 37
She stopped trying to ignore it all. She stopped trying to act like it didn't hurt. She stopped trying with it all. The only way to get away.. was to...