A Rivalry of love

By CoveJL

Brendan is moving to Littleroot in the Hoenn region from the Johto region his goals to become the champion th... More

Chapter 1 Unfriendly Welcome
Chapter 2 Britney And Liam
Chapter 3 Wally
Chapter 4 A Brawl With Brawly
Chapter 5 Contest Spectacular
Chapter 6 Meteor Falls
Chapter 7 Mt Chimney
Chapter 8 Sick
Chapter 9 Weather Institute
Chapter 10 Mega Evolution
Chapter 11 Winona
Chapter 12 Disguise
Chapter 13 Tate And Liza
Chapter 14 Drowned
Chapter 15 End Of The World
Chapter 16 Hypnosis
Chapter 17 Memories
Chapter 18 Finally Finished
Chapter 19 The End!?
Chapter 20 Deoxys
Chapter 22 Who... Am I?

Chapter 21 The Brendan Quest

71 1 1
By CoveJL

Brendan's POV 
ugh my head what happened? "DEOXYS!" I shout shooting up "Brendan!" It's May but not she's wearing a sleeveless orange tunic, and black shorts with a green fanny-pack, and a green bandanna "I'm sorry who are you?" I ask "hahaha that's my Brendan it's me May"

"well you don't look like May to me"

"well if I guess I could say the same you look different from when I last saw you but you just changed your style"

"what's your last name?"

"Uhh Maple why are you asking me this we've known each other for three years"

"huh how long was I asleep?"

"Well I found you at three yesterday and now it's four"

"twenty-five hours!?!"

"Yep bout that much"

"look I need you to listen to me for one second!"

"Well let me do this first" she stands up and kisses me on the cheek "huh!?!" I go flustered "hahaha every time you get flustered and it never gets old" 

"w-w-why'd you do that?"

"AHAHAHA! You're joking right! We've been dating for a year did you lose your memory or something?"

"No we haven't"

"yes we have"

"we haven't"

"did you actually lose your memory c'mon I'll take you to the Pokémon center c'mon sweetie" she takes my hand when I realize "I'm from a different dimension!" I proclaim "huh?"

"Look it's hard to explain basically I'm from another Hoenn similar but different in my Hoenn there's an ancient tribe known as the Draconids a meteor was coming to destroy the world I had to ride the legendary Pokémon Rayquaza to destroy it when it became this Pokémon it could change form and it would start going really fast then take barely any damage then start hitting Rayquaza for tons of damage I caught it then after the battle it's mostly a blur I lost my oxygen and passed out but I think I know how the Devon Corporation and the Mossdeep Space Center to make a device to destroy it then that was destroyed and they rebuilt it to send the meteor to another dimension my May was the one who could activate it and she must've done it and I passed out and somehow got into the portal"

"but if you're here... Where's my Brendan!?"

May's POV
"are you guys gonna tell me what you found?"

"It's weird it should be here" I see Brendan on the Lilycove beach but different he has a green bottom of his hat instead of black, his hair is shorter so you can't see it from the back or the sides, an orange jacket, orange green and black finger-less gloves, a green bag, and long black shorts and black pants under them? He looks bewildered by surroundings he notices us "heyyyy! Wally! Steven! MAY!" He hugs me tightly "uh Brendan?" I ask not sure if it's him he backs away and nods enthusiastically I'm surprised his head doesn't hurt "who are these two?" He asks "Brendan don't you recognize us?" Zinnia asks he shakes his head no "maybe this'll jog his memory" Lisia does her signature pose he just sits there with a blank look and a friendly smile and blinks "Bren it's me Lisia" 

"Li-who now?"

"We met in Slateport"

"you don't look like captain Stern"

"I'm not captain Stern"

"ohhhh I know you're Wallace's... Daughter?"

"No I'm his niece"

"that must so cool being the niece of the former champion"

"he's not a champion he's just the eighth gym leader Steven is the former champion"

"no he's the former champ the eighth gym leader is Juan"

"would you excuse us for a sec Steven keep him distracted" we all lean in "he's lost it May"

"there's something not right here let's head back to Littleroot and ask him some questions" we look he's completely mesmerized by Steven's Carbink "what Pokémon is that?"

"Brendan you fought it"

"no I didn't" I shake my head as Steven boards Aerodactly Lisia boards Altaria Zinnia gets on Salamence and Wally on Swellow I hop on Pidgeot they all take off "c'mon you goofball" I say he runs over and gets on I take off as he hugs me tightly "mmmm" I look back he has his eyes closed "Brendan what's up?"

"Heights are terrifying" being scared of heights? Brendan never said anything about being scared of heights come to think he always wanted to fly we make it to Littleroot and head into my house "alright Brendan! You're gonna answer some questions for us! And stop acting like a you've never seen this stuff before!" Zinnia says I push her out of the way and walk over to Brendan "Brendan can you answer me some questions?" He nods "alright could you tell me a bit about yourself?"

"Well my dad is professor Birch which you know I went on a journey with you and you became the champion and defeated Wallace though it's been three years since then but me and May are dating we have been for a year... And now that we're both eighteen I think I should do this now" he stands up "May Maple would you make me the luckiest guy ever and marry me?" He proposes to the wrong person I look back "Wally let him see Gallade" Wally sends out Gallade "whoa what's that Pokémon!?" He starts playing with Gallade "I know what's going on"

"what?"

"The way we were supposed to combat the meteor was to send it to another dimension Brendan must've gone into that dimension somehow this Brendan is here I don't know how he got here but that is not the Brendan we know"

"and you love" 

"huh!?!" 

"Oh come on it's obvious you like him"

"we'll talk about this later" I look back as Wally returns Gallade as he looks back at us I grab Brendan's hands "Brendan I want you to listen to me and stay calm okay?" He nods I know I shouldn't be grabbing this other Brendan's hands cause him staying here might mess things up but it's still Brendan "you're from another dimension" he freezes "w-w-w-" he passes out "Brendan!!" I shout 

Brendan's POV
"ugh" my limbs feel heavy now "what's up?"

"I don't know I just feel tired now"

"hm maybe something's going on with the Brendan I know like since you're the same person in the different dimension... Wait what happened to him!?"

"Well if I had to take a guess I'd say he passed out"

"I hope so" she has a worried look probably just worried about Brendan well her Brendan it's weird saying that

somewhere in the same dimension that Brendan is from (ORAS Brendan)
"hey buddy calm down! What's wrong?" The person returns it "alright I'll go and see them" the person leaves and finds their friend "hey i-"

"yeah it's acting up too"

Brendan's POV
"so you got any idea?

"N-No"

"hey calm down Bren"

"don't call me Bren!"

"Huh?"

"Y-You're not May!"

"Brendan call down"

"I-I how do I get back!?"

"Bren just talk"

"NO I TOLD YOU DON'T CALL ME BREN!" I start crying I sit down "I'm losing my sanity this dimension dilemma is messing with me" I say then shake my head "hey I get it it would mess with someone I'm worried about my Brendan probably as much as you're worried about"

"my May"

"yeah"

"phew alright let's get going"

"I just don't know how I'm gonna get back it's not like Deoxys made the portal the Devon Corp. Did"

"yeah what do we do?"

May's POV
"*sigh* what are we gonna do?"

"I don't know"

"Wally's right we have no clue what to do"

"actually I might" we all look at Zinnia "Rayquaza may be who our tribe worshipped but it's not the only dragon type legendary Pokémon there's two others that may be of service to us" I realize "I think I know the ones from the Sinnoh region?" She nods as we both say "Dialga the ruler of time and Palkia the ruler of Space" I would know I used to live there I never told Brendan since our past lives never really came up much "yeah but they're in Sinnoh that can't be something that'll help cause it's miles away"

"yeah it's useless" we've given up at this point it's hopeless I feel tears well up in my eyes "hey May are you okay?" Wally asks I look around "e-e-I" I run away into Brendan's house his parents aren't home I jump in his bed and start crying I don't know why I ran here it just felt right "*sob* I'm never gonna see Bren again! I'm never gonna be able to tell him how I feel!" I feel something under in my pocket it's Brendan's hat "*gasp*... *Sob sob*" I cry holding the hat close I slowly put it on and pull it down so it can fit well I cry for hours eventually falling asleep I awake in a black room there's nothing here as a figure appears in the distance "Brendan?"

"May?" We walk closer to each other it's him "May!"

"Brendan!" We hug each other "wait you're just in my mind you don't actually exist you're not Brendan"

"it's me it really is! May I'm in another dimension is there some sort of Brendan over in your area?"

"Yeah"

"okay we must've switched places when I entered the portal"

"..."

"We need to find a way to open a portal but one that wouldn't break the fabric of space" he paces slowly around "I-I'M SORRY BRENDAN!"

"Sorry?"

"I'M SORRY I OPENED THE PORTAL YOU CAN'T COME BACK THERE'S NO WAY I PUT YOU THERE AND NOW I'M MESSING WITH SPACE AND TIME I MESSED WITH THE MAY THERE TOO I CAN'T GET ANYTHING RIGHT!" 

"May I kssshhhhh I ksshhh" it sounds like he's breaking up as he fades away I wake up "*GASP*!" I loudly gasp "we need to find a way" I run out and call Wally "Wally ae you still with the others?"

"Y-Yeah"

"where!?"

"Slateport"

"I'm heading there now!" I jump on Pidgeot and fly over "alright we're finding a way!" I say "but we-"

"I don't want to hear it! I am not messing with four lives! I'm gonna fix this or my name isn't May Birch!" My phone goes off "two unknown people have shown up with large Legendary looking Pokémon" two unknown people? Legendary looking Pokémon? They show a picture "no it isn't" I say "look Lucas I just don't see why they wanted to come here of all places"

"I can feel it I just know I felt like they were talking to me don't you trust me Dawn?"

"Of course I do" they walk by "give me a second guys" I walked behind them and tap one on the shoulders the girl turns around "uh hello" she says "I fee like I know you from somewhere" the boy looks like he's gonna defend her if she gets into trouble it's respectable "hey guy I'm not gonna hurt her"

"I don't have any reason to believe that" I drop all my Pokéballs as Swampert, Altaria, Pidgeot, Flygon, and Delcatty come out "stand down guys" I pick up Delcatty in my arms he stands down "anyways I feel like I've seen you before somewhere"

"well..."

"She's the champion of Sinnoh!"

"Oh no that can't be it I moved while Cynthia was the champion"

"wait" she has tears well up in her eyes "M-May?"

"*Gasp* Dawn?" She nods we hug each other "it's so good to see you again!"

"You too you look great!"

"You too congrats on becoming champion!"

"You two know each other?"

"Oh right pfft Lucas this is May the friend I told you about May this is Lucas my boyfriend"

"well it's a pleasure to meet you May" he shakes my hand and bows lightly "wow I can't believe I'm seeing you again"

"yeah so tell me about this whole champion thing goin' on"

"heh yeah it's nothing really and I'd have to thank Lucas I wouldn't be the champion if it weren't for him he's helped me through tough times"

"shut up Dawn you're making me blush" he say in a playful manner she laughs "so why are you here anyways?"

"Well after I became the champion Lucas wanted me to help him impress Rowan he sees the guy like a father he wants to impress him any chance he can"

"DAWN" He blushes "you're adorable when you're flustered" he smiles slightly "anyways after that I caught Dialga and he caught Palkia and yesterday they were acting up and Lucas claims they wanna come here"

"it sounds stupid at first but I need to explain it"

"alright"

"Palkia and Dialga are the rulers of time and space so they protect those things as well just like how Giratina protects the Distortion World so if there's an unbalance in either they will want to fix it something in this region is off and we're gonna find it!"

"I know what it is"

"you do? Tell us!"

"My friend he" tears well up in my eyes again "hey May it's okay"

"yeah sorry my friend he got sent to another dimension and now that dimension's version of him is here and I feel like it's driving me crazy"

"how'd he end up in another dimension!?"

"Well a meteor was coming to destroy us and originally we planned on teleporting it but the machine was destroyed so he flew off to space on the legendary Pokémon Rayquaza and once he destroyed it I got worried and fired the device this time it was going to send the meteor to another dimension... He got... Sucked in"

"oh May I'm so sorry"

"it's fine you're here now so we can bring him back home" they nod as I walk back to the others "guys this is Dawn and Lucas Dawn was my childhood friend and Lucas is her boyfriend"

"nice to meet ya!"

"It's a great pleasure to meet a champion Mr. Stone"

"sorry to burst your bubble Lucas but Steven isn't the champion anyways Dawn Lucas this is Wally, Lisia, Zinnia, Steven, and Alternate Dimension Brendan"

"interesting I'm surprised with the fact that this guy hasn't had any troubles being in the wrong dimension"

"what do you mean troubles I'm completely MY ARM IS FADING OUT OF EXISTENCE!"

"Huh?!"

"Yep something tells me his body isn't too happy about being in the wrong dimension we better get this other guy back by the looks of it we have about an hour"

"HOUR?!?" We head to Littleroot town "alright Lucas open the portal" he sends out Palkia "Palkia! Spacial Rend!" He commands a portal is opened "alright you got five minutes to get him and get out or the portal will collapse and suck us in before shattering so all of you head away me and Dawn will stay here" I nod as AU Brendan I'll call him follows me "Brendan does this look like your dimension?"

"Yeah it looks like it" I set a timer for five minutes "let's go!" He nods as we run to the route I see something in the distance brown hair and the person is standing next to someone with a green bandanna on "May!" AU Brendan says they turn around it's Brendan and the May AU Brendan knows I tear up "Brendan!" I shout hugging him "May!" He hugs me back "come on let's go home" he nods  as we head back "thanks for the help!" We both yell "you too!" We go through the portal as we arrive home 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 61 21
After Serena left Kalos, she headed to Hoenn. But what happens when she is at Hoenn? Read this story to find out! - Disclaimer: This is just a fanfic...
37.9K 1K 27
He was there, but no one noticed him, No one needed to because he was just a poor old kid, But Alas, One shall Not judge a book by its cover, Because...
144K 3.2K 82
Brendan Birch is the son of the famous Professor Birch of Hoenn. At 19 years of age, he has finally decided to go on his journey. Along the way, he w...
1.1K 41 7
Mew and Tomo travel to the Hoenn Region so to compete in the Hoenn League, and now Mew is planning on competing in Pokemon Contests as well like her...