Be Mine? || Harry Styles

By faithhood11

All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 35

3.4K 91 15
By faithhood11

Chapter 35

Grace’s POV

“Grace, you don’t know how sorry I am.”

“I don’t want to hear it Liam. Let’s just go on the tour and you can leave me alone while we do it.”

“Grace…”                                                                               

“Why weren’t you going to tell me?”

Is this how Harry felt when I’d kissed Liam and didn’t tell him? If so, I felt guilty now.

“I don’t know. I just…I didn’t even feel anything when I kissed her.”

“That’s not the point!” I said, turning around to face him.

“Grace, for a second, I fantasized that I was kissing you. I know that is so messed up but I’m not going to lie to you. I thought maybe Sammy could help me move on but nothing works. Grace, I’m going crazy without you. I can’t even…”

“Stop Liam! You know nothing is going to happen between us. I’ve told you that. I love him Liam! I’m never ever going to hurt him and you better never kiss me…or my best friend ever again.” I yelled, walking away from him.

I knew he was trailing behind me but I didn’t look. If I looked him in the eyes, I would cave. I knew I would cave as soon as I saw his sad eyes and that stupid puppy dog look he always had. I couldn’t look at that or I would cave.

“Grace, I didn’t want to hurt you. You have to know that.”

“I’m not hurt.” I lied.

“Bull.”

“I knew you weren’t perfect Liam but I never thought you would do anything like this. You can’t just go kiss Sammy because I turned you down.”

“I know.”

“And you can’t turn right back around and kiss me. It’s just not right. Why are you doing this to me now? You and Harry were just getting along and now he barely let me leave the hotel room this morning.”

“I told you, I love you.”

“No.”

“Yes. What if he does it again Grace? What makes you trust him so much? I don’t understand how you can believe that he won’t hurt you again.”

“He won’t.”

“What if he does? If he does, will you leave him? If he hurts you again, will you leave him?”

I knew the answer but I didn’t want to say it.

“I don’t know…no…I don’t think so.”

“That’s the stupidest thing you could possibly say.”

“There’s nothing that will make me leave him Liam. The only way I would leave him was if he wanted me to. I love you but it’s not enough. I’m sorry.”

“Why did he even have to move here? You would be with me right now if he never came into your life.”

“Can we not play the what-if game? He did move here and I do love him.”

“I know. I just really think he will screw up again.”

“I hope you are wrong.” I said honestly.

Harry’s POV

“Hey how’s it going Harry? I’m Logan, the active manager at Fromage.”

“Hi. It’s nice to meet you.” I said, shaking his hand and looking around the huge café.

There was a staircase against the wall on the right side. I assumed it led up to the apartment. The café stretched for what seemed like miles and there were two counters ringing people up. The place had to have a huge staff. College kids filled the place, absentmindedly playing on their phones or staring at their laptop screens. The only think I could think about was that I would be running this place. I was overwhelmed. Every member of the staff seemed to know exactly what to do, their routines memorized and standing there, I felt like a fish out of water. Logan seemed to be middle to late twenties and I couldn’t help but notice how comfortable he seemed here.

“So, Ashton thinks you are perfect for the job. I actually wish that I could stay. This is the best job ever especially when you live just up the stairs but it’s time for me to get serious and be with my life and little one.”

I nodded as he pulled out something from his back pocket. He flipped open his wallet and handed it over to me.

“That’s my little princess, Stella.”

I looked at the picture of a cute little blonde. She looked to be about five years old or so. I smiled, looking back at Logan.

“She’s cute. I guess that complicates things….a kid.” I said uncomfortably.

Logan started laughing and I wasn’t sure what exactly I’d done to make him laugh. He looked around the café, shaking his head.

“I used to be just like you, you know? I can tell how you are. Young kid never wanting to get real.”

“And so you had a kid?” I laughed.

I knew I’d more than likely never want children. I don’t like the idea of being responsible for how someone turns out. That thought is just…weird.

“I didn’t have a kid on purpose. It just happened. But I was like you and now I’m married with a six year old. We had her when we were nineteen. I was scared to death but Stell…she changed my life.”

“Did your wife want kids?”

“Yeah…not at nineteen but yeah, she wanted them. I was never going to be with anybody else so…”

“So you popped the question?”

“Yeah.”

“Marriage, maybe but kids are not for me. I just…no.” I said honestly.

He nodded, a smirk still on his face. I couldn’t imagine ever having kids. I just couldn’t. I wouldn’t want to share Grace anyway. I knew it was really stupid but I felt like I required all of her attention. I couldn’t believe that I let her go with Liam today after he pulled a stunt like that. I wanted to kill him all over again.

“So are you ready to see the kitchen?”

“Yeah, sure.” I said, ridding myself of these annoying thoughts.

I followed Logan through the café as he spoke with regulars and staff members. He knew everyone and everyone knew him. For a second, I felt like I was walking alongside a celebrity. He pushed past the swinging doors and I was taken aback by the side of the kitchen. It was huge and there were at least a dozen people moving around inside.

“So we do pastries, sandwiches, entrées,  you name it. We have an ice cream counter out front made in house. I know this is all overwhelming. It was to me when I first came here but as soon as you move in June, Ashton and I will help you along. You’ll be a pro by the time I leave in August.”

“It’s so soon.”

“Yeah. You’ll do good bro. Hey, this is Carlos, our head chef. He’s amazing. We hired him and he moved all the way from New Mexico to be here.”

“Hi, Harry Styles. Nice to meet you Carlos.” I said, shaking hand.

Carlos was short and stocky with curly dark brown hair and dark skin. He looked friendly, a huge grin lighting up his face.

“Hiya Harry. It’s nice to meet the guy who will be running this place. We have all been told great things about you from Ashton.”

“So I guess he lied then.” I joked, making Logan and Carlos laugh loudly.

Carlos threw a dishtowel over his shoulder and stomped off, making his way over to the other side of the kitchen to yell at someone.

“Don’t let the friendly vibe fool you. Carlos runs a tight ship back here, doesn’t take any crap.”

I smiled, motioning to the girl was being yelled at.

“I see that. That girl looks terrified.”

“Nah. She’ll be okay. He’ll apologize later but if he’s getting onto her, she must’ve done something stupid.”

“So there’s a corridor through the kitchen that leads to our stock rooms, freezers, and coolers. Your office and Carlos’ are also back there. Shall we check out the apartment? I cleaned up as much as I could. I really am a mess without my wife cleaning behind me.”

I smiled, knowing I would be without Grace. She was always cleaning my room and organizing my binders. I constantly shoved papers and things in general wherever they would fit.

“Oh and there is also a staircase right by your office with personal access to the apartment. It’s a little more private than having to walk through the café all of the time.”

“Wow.”

I followed Logan through the kitchen and through a set of doors. We emerged in a quiet hallway. There was now carpet on the floors and I noticed two doors right beside each other. One office label said Carlos Renaldo, Head Chef and the other had Logan’s name on it with the single word Manager below.

“Is it pretty crazy that your name will be on that plaque in just a couple of months?”

“That’s an understatement.” I said, following Logan up the spiral staircase.

“So this is it.” Logan said, outstretching his arms.

“Oh my god.” I blurted.

The living room had dark hard wood floors, a leather couch, and a fireplace. The walls were a hunter green color and I was completely shocked. A massive flat screen hung on the wall and I could see a glimpse of the kitchen. There was a bay window in the back, overlooking the city. There was a cushioned bench in the window and I could picture Grace sitting there, looking out.

“What the fuck? This place probably costs a fortune.” I said, noticing the fireplace beside the TV.

The kitchen had all black appliances and the black splash was an arrangement of multicolored tiles. I couldn’t care less but I knew that Grace would love the kitchen. The floors in the fairly small kitchen were stained concrete and there was a small breakfast nook in the corner by the window. The master bedroom was huge and the bathroom was really nice. I knew Grace would love the walk-in shower. The guest bedroom and bathroom were smaller and more simple but still nice. I didn’t have a single doubt that Grace wouldn’t like this apartment and I was more than excited about living in this place with her. We won’t have to worry about parents or siblings or anything. It will just be us. I can fuck her anytime and all the time if I want. I knew she’d probably slap me if she could read my mind right now but I didn’t give a shit. I wanted her to be here with me. I wanted her here to see this now.

“Wow, this is amazing. Do you mind if I make a call. I want to tell my…”

“Go ahead. Call your girl. I’ll be downstairs. I’ll introduce you to the staff are working today when you’re finished but take as long as you want.”

“Cool.” I said, smiling.

Logan disappeared downstairs and I smiled, pulling out my phone. I was eager to hear Grace’s voice. I wanted her here to see this so badly. I took her a while to answer and I bounced my leg up and down until I heard her voice.

“Hello?”

“Hey baby. Oh my god, you are never going to believe this place. It’s awesome baby.”

“I can’t wait to see it Harry.”

“That’s why I’m calling. I really really want you here.”

“Now?”

“Well when you’re finished with your tour. I want you with me badly. You have to see this place. I’m going to have an office with my name on a plaque outside the freaking door.” I said, making sure not to curse.

“Harry, I’m so happy for you. We are wrapping up the tour and this place is so amazing and it’s only like a minute from Fromage so we will always be so close.”

“I like the sound of that. You will be my sexy college girlfriend.”

“And you’ll be my sexy baker boy.” She said, her voice sounding weird.

“Hey, where are you. Your voice sounds weird, like you’re echoing.”

“Oh I’m in the bathroom. Liam’s waiting for me outside so let me finish up and I’ll be right there.”

“Okay. I love you baby.”

“I love you too Harry. See you in a minute.”

I smiled as I hung up the phone. She was so damn appealing and I loved her with everything I had in me.

“I fucking love her.” I said, looking up at the ceiling of our future apartment.

……………

“Harry! Oh my god this is…wow.”

I wrapped my arm around my beautiful girl.

“I know. It’s cool right?”

“I can’t believe this will be ours Harry.”

“Yeah, just you and me and when your parent or my mum comes to visit, we have a guest room. How great is that?”

“It’s really great. Liam is getting a dorm. He’s going to have some random roommate.”

“That sucks.” I said honestly.

“Kind of.”

I was about to kiss Grace when her phone started ringing. She ignored it but it started up again.

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“It’s Sammy. I hung up on her last night and she’s been calling me all day today. I can’t believe she kissed Liam.”

“Go ahead and answer it Grace. You will have to face her at some point baby.”

I listened in as she answered.

“Sammy, why are you crying? What’s wrong? Is everything okay?...What? You got in? Sammy, I can’t hear you….Oh my god, you really did? Sammy that’s amazing. Columbia is…wow. I’m so poud of you.”

I rolled my eyes as Grace started crying. Leave it to Sammy Dover to ruin our moment and get my girl to start crying over a freaking acceptance letter. It seemed as though their fight was put on the backburner and I sat on the couch as they blabbed on and on. I knew that Grace had gotten into Columbia but she had already made her mind up about NYU. The jealous side of me would be happy if she went to Columbia with Sammy and left Liam all alone but I knew that I couldn’t choose for Grace. I had to stop being such a control freak all of the fucking time. I knew I was controlling but I just felt like sometimes I couldn’t help it. I also didn’t like the idea of her being at school every day without me but I would just have to get used to it. I could take her out at night and flaunt her so everyone knew that she was mine. In my twisted mind, that made sense.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
35.6K 4.6K 13
In which Sitara orders a milkshake in the middle of the night and Shaurya delivers it to her. ~ a novella [25,000 - 30,000 words]
171K 3.5K 24
Charlie Springs was always a good girl. She wasn't the normal rebellious teenager who went to parties and got drunk. She was the loner nerd who alway...