Legacies aren't Legacies Anym...

By lawstudentdropout

What would happen, if one day while at the Salvatore Boarding School, there was another monster attack. But t... More

Characters
|| Playlist ||
|| When Shit hit the Fan || Summary ||
The day it all happened.
Act 1. Season 1.
We pulled a Barry Allen. Bloody hell.
Friday Night Bites. It's an Annual Thing Now.
History Repeating (Episode 9) ~~ Part 1
History Repeating ~~ Part 2
History Repeating ~~ Part 3
The-- Ah shit. Looks like theres another vampire on the loose.
Bloodlines With the Original Family
The Explanation
Totally off topic... but...
Lizzie. Stop. Being. A. Bitch.
Return to Unpleasentville.
Return to Unpleasentville ~ Part 2
Another generation of the Children of the Damned.
Rose's are Beautiful
The Myth, The Legend, The Baddest Bitch of Them All, Katerina Petrova
The 'Sun and Moon Curse'. That's what this is. Sure.
Great. The Towns Full of Werewolves. And Ironically Hope's in the Cresent City.
Self-Sacrifice. What Hope Does Best.
Whole Family Issues
As we Lay Dying, Our Life Flashes Before our Eyes
Act 2. Season 3.
Happy Birthday. Not. We live in Mystic Fall, you Idjits.
The Tribrid Who Seems to love Self-Sacrifice.
Holy Shit. Stefan was in a love triangle with my Dad and my aunt. Ew.
Who the hell acts like that?
The Second Reckoning. Oh, who am I kiding? There' been like 10.
It smells like hell. We're all going to hell.
"Ordinary" People
"Ordinary" People ~~ Part 2
Happy Homecoming
Happy Homecoming 2.0
Homecoming 3.0
The New, New Deal.
NOT A NEW CHAPTER (i am so so so sorry but this might be good news!)

Look's like everything is not in Hell yet. The comets still coming.

4K 100 123
By lawstudentdropout

Hope's POV -- The next day at school -- History

We were just sitting down at our seats listening to Mr. Tanner talk about the comet which is flying through town.

"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago,It hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, The comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration. Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?"

The both just shake their head no before the bell rings. We all get up and walked out of the class room. I see Stefan and Elena walking right next together down the hall, before I look back and see Caroline and Bonnie walking through the halls together.

I swear this is a TV show. Or worse. Fanfiction.

I start walking with the two of them, because Lizzie and Josie have class going the other way.

"I'm confused. Are you psychic or clairvoyant?"

"Technically, Grams says I'm a witch. My ancestores were these really cool Salem witch chicks or something. Grams tried to explain it all, but she was looped on the liquor, so I kinda tuned out. Crazy family, yes. Witches I don't think so."

"I think that's really cool. I mean your related to these badass chicks that weren't burned alive in Salem for being witches. And witches are kinda awesome."

"Yeah, well , feel free to conjure up the name and number of that guy from last night."

"I didn't see him, you did. Did you see him Hope?"

"I did not. But know you Caroline, I bet he was cute."

"Why didn't you just talk to him?"

"I don't know. I was drunk."

At that me and Bonnie laugh before walking to our next class.

"Hey Hope, you should try out for the cheer team!" Caroline says out of the blue.

"Ah, no I'm not that flexabile."

"You definitly should. I bet you would be awesome at it!" Bonnie adds, trying to get me to join the team.

"And the team could use a few more good people on it."

"I don't know. I've never done cheer."

"Come on! Please! For us?" Caroline asks dowing puppy eyes and a pout.

"Fine."

"Yay! Alright, I'll text you when practice is, ok! Bye girls!" Caroline says before running into her class.

What have I gotten myself into?

Later at lunch

I'm walking into lunch with Caroline and Bonnie. When we walk in I spot Lizzie and Josie sitting at a table.

"Hey, I'll be right back" I quickly say to Caroline and Bonnie before walking off to Lizzie and Josies table.

"Hey guys, whats up?"

"Oh so now you talk to us."

"Lizzie!"

"Josie it's fine. What do you mean Lizzie?"

"I mean you left us, for Mom and Aunt Bonnie! We are here, together, through all of the shit, and then you just walk off to hang out with our mother?"

"Lizzie, it's not like that. I'm just trying to fit in for once in my life."

"Well, good for you. Maybe don't leave us here next time?"

"Well, why don't you come sit with us? I'm sure your mom and Bonnie would be happy to meet you two, even without fully knowing you."

Lizzie just grumbles and stands up, walking over to Caroline, Bonnie, and now Elena's table. I just give a quick glance to Josie before getting up and walking over to them, aswell.

"Hey guys! I would like you three to meet Lizzie and Josie! Their my cousins."

"Oh hi! Nice to meet you. I'm Caroline Forbes, and these are my best friends, Bonnie and Elena. Hey don't I know you from somewhere?" She says before pointing at Lizzie. "Wait! You were the girl that gave me advice at the grill after bonnie left!"

"Um, yeah that was me. I've just been there, and I hate to see other girls go through that, so, um, yeah." Lizzie replies, tripping over her words a little bit at the end there.

"Thanks for that! Anyways, after school we are all, ironically, going to the grill! Do you three want to come?"

"Yes." Lizzie says before me or Josie could say anything.

"Great!"

Then the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. So we said our goodbyes, and headed to our next class.

Later, at the grill

We all sat at a table outside, just chatting and talking about regular things. It felt nice to be normal. Have no one know you a Mikaelson, (Or in the twins case, Saltzmans,) have no one know your a Labonier (I have no idea how to spell that last name. It was hayleys before the hollow attacked amd she was put into the foster system.), and most importantly, have no one know about the supernatural. Yet.

Bonnies grams is telling her about witches, Caroline is 'falling in love' (Keep in mind the quotes) with Daamon, and Elena meeting Stefan and falling for him too. But, it's nice to see them as normal people. I've read most of the journals on display at the school, but living it is nothing like what the journals described. It felt awesome!

"Well, I was talking to Grams, and she said the comet, is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity."

"Yeah. and then you poured Grams another shot and she told you about aliens." Wow, this isn't anything like the Caroline I meet before. I was young, but still. She was always so, different. "So then what?" Caroline said, changing the conversation.

"So then nothing."

"You and Stefan talked all night? There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy feely of any kind?"

"Nope. We didn't go there."

"Not even a handshake? I mean, Elena, we are your friends. Ok? You are suppost to share the smut."

"We just talked for hours."

"Ok, whats is with the blockage?Just jump on his bones already! Ok, it's easy. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex."

"Profound." Elena sassily says to Caroline. Then after a minute of just sitting there, she gets up.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asks Elena.

"Caroline's right. It is easy. If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying I was going to do." Elena says quickly before walking away, most likely to the Salvatore Boarding House.

We all stare after her for a minute, Caroline and Bonnie happy for their friend, and me, Lizzie, and Josie just being happy about what we know to be the start of a long, long, love story that gets many hearts broken for the sake of Elena Gilbert.

Later (Do I do to many laters? Shuld I just do ~~~?)

I'm walking up to the comet stuff with Elena and Bonnie, who are passing out programs. Lizzie and Josie are talking and walking with their mom, becaused they realized how different she is when she was a teen.

"Tonight, night of the comet. Would you like a program?" Bonnie asks a couple walking by.

They both give the people Bonnie asked a program, and continued walking and talking.

"He didn't call, huh?"

"Or text. But I realized we never even exchanged that stuff. We've never gotten to the texting part."

"That's an important milestone in any relationship."

"Yeah, she has a point Elena."

"The timing is wrong, anyway."

"When is it ever right?"

"I'm not ready, guys."

"Who is?" Me and Bonnie say at the same time. We all give each other a look and then we all start to laugh.

"At least I put myself out there."

"Is that what your calling it?"

"What do you mean?"

"All I'm hearing is reasons why you can't. Right Hope?"

"I have to agree with Bonnie, Elena. That isn't putting yourself out there."

And with that bomb droped, we just started walking in silence, giving out the programs.

Lizzie's POV

Me and Josie are with our mom, talking to some of her friends. When she starts to walk away, I quickly follow. God, (Chuck, hehe) I hope she doesn't think that I'm being to clingy.

She smiles at something and when I look over its,

Son.

Of.

A.

Bitch.

It's the one, the only Damon freaking Salvatore.

If he even lays a hand on my mother, I will kill him. He shouldn't screw with a witch.

Because I was so deep in thought thinking about ways to kill Damon, I didn't see Mom start to walk over to him. I start to walk, but then an arm stoped me. (YOU'VE BEEN STOPED. No? only me?)

"What the hell Jo?"

"We have to let this happen Lizzie."

"But he isn't a good person right now! Hes going to feed off of her!"

"Well, if this doesn't happen, Mom won't be mom anymore. At least not how we know her. We have to let her make her own mistakes."

I grumble, mad, but I understand what she's talking about.

So instead we just watch, waiting for her to reach him to talk, but before she gets there he disappears.

I'm sorry. He didn't disappear. He frickin vampire speeded away. Dick.

Now back to Hope's POV. It's now night time, right before they watch the comet.

I'm standing wit Lizzie, Josie, Bonnie, and Elena. We stood their talking about the comet.

"I'm so excited!" Bonnie says

"Yeah, I remember what my mo.. family member wrote about this when I was a kid. It's suppost to be beautiful." Josie says, quickly fixing her mistake.

"I remember a family member of mine writing about it too. They said it was amazing." I replied thinking about my Uncle Elijah had told me about the comet. He saw it the last time it was here, which was about 145 years ago.

"Hey I got some candles." Caroline says while walking up. She hands me and Bonnie candles, because Elena, Josie, and Lizzie already had one.

"Hi." Elena says quickly before walking past Caroline.

Caroline links arms with Bonnie and me, while Lizzie links arms with me a Jo. Yay. I'm surrounded ny people. *Nervous laughter*

Thats when Matt comes into the picture. Great. Just an awkward talk between two exes. Bufore they could say anything else, Matt lights her candle. Just fricken date him again, save you so much trouble.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Thankfully before they could do anything awkward, Elena walks over towards Stefan to light his candle. Bleh, love.

"Thank you."

Thats when I'm guess Elena looked up and saw him. Perfect timing. It's like this a CW tv show. That would explain the need for death, and then coming back to life.

"Hi."

"Hi."

I'll say it again. Bleh, love.

Elena looks back at Matt who is standing and 'talking' to us and Bonnie. More like swooning over a girl he will never get.

Elena walks away from Stefan after that, looking up at the sky. But because it's a tv show, he has to walk over after her. Who has that much confidence. At least I'm not the TV show.

Matt is still looking at them, with Tyler looking at Matt. Maybe they should date. Caroline is talking with Lizzie and Bonnie, while Josie is think, I think. Stefan is standing right behind her, when he starts talking to her again.

"You know, that comet... It's been traveling across space for thousands of years. All alone."

Speaking from experience Stefan, are we?

"Yeah, Bonnie says it's a harbinger of evil."

"I think it's just a ball of... snow and ice, trapped on a path it can't escape. And once, every 145 years, it gets to come home."

"I'm sorry about yesterday." He quickly adds on, wanting to keep her attention." I wasn't myself."

"You seem to spend a lot of time apologizing."

"Well, I have a lot to apologize for."

Why yes, Mr. Ripper S. RIPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAHHHHHHHHH yes you do.

"Yesterday, that wasn't about you, ok?"

"You didn't tell me that you had a brother."

"We're not close. It's uh... It's complicated."

"Always" (And forever. Sorry had to make that joke.) "He told me about your ex. Katherine?"

"What did he say?"

"That she broke your heart."

"That was a long time ago."

"When you lose someone, it stays with you, always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt."

"Elena..."

"It's ok, Stefan. I get it. You have no idea how much I get it. Complicated brother? Check. Complicated Ex? Check. To complicated to even contemplate dating, double check. It's ok. We met, and we talked, and it was epic, but... then the sun came up and reality set in."

They stood there for a minute, just staring at each other. I mean like seriously is this a TV show? What would it be called? The Vampire?? The Vampire Brothers who feel in love with a girl and then her doppelganger? The Vampire Chronicles?

"So..." Elena says before walking away. What a cliffhanger Elena! Really!

I then get a text from Damon saying to meet him at the grill. Dammit.

"Hey guys, I have to go quickly. I'll be back soon." I quickly say, so they wouldn't ask any questions.

After I got to the grill, I walk inside to see Damon sitting at the bar. I take a seat next to him.

"Hey, Hopey. How is your day going?"

"Great, thanks for asking. Now, what do you need?"

Before he can answer Vicki Donovan walks up.

"I know you." She says to Damon.

"Well, that's unfortunate."

"um... I don't-- I don't know how, But... your face." She chuckles (Thats what the subtitles say) "Excuse me. Sorry."

She walks away.

"What the hell was that about?"

"Ohhhh you know, Stefan probably used complusion on her. But the bunny diet doesn't make it stick."

"Why would he compel her?" I ask, trying to act dumb.

"I might have been the 'animal' that attacked her at the party."

"Of course you did, Damy"

"No, I'm Damon, not Damy"

"Then I'm Hope, not Hopey."

"No way in hell. That is your name to me now, and forever."

"Fine, Damy. Now what do you need?"

"I need you to be on the roof tonight. I'm going to pull something, and I might need a witch there. Say about 20 minutes."

"Good to know. I'll be there."

"Great! Thank you Hopey."

I roll my eyes and walk away. I see Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, Tyler and Matt sitting at a table. Guess the girls went home. Elena waves so I walk over to wait out this 20 minutes.

More chit-chat. Yay. Then the drama happens. Jermey walks up, obviously worried about something.

"Hey, has anyone seen Vickie?"

"You're her stalker. You tell us." Tyler says. Wow. He really does have anger issues. But he is also a wereolf so...

"I can't find her."

"She probably found somebody else to party with. Sorry pill-pusher. I guess you've been replaced."

"What's with the pill pusher." Elena. You. Are. An. Idjit. (Bobby singer for the win)

"Ask him." That's low Tyler. Even for you. And I know what you did to my mom while I was in the womb.

"You wanna do this right now?"

"Are you dealing?"

"She's never gonna go for you. "

"She already did. Over and over and over again." Huh, I guess this is a lower grade of Elena Gilbert when it comes to boys. If only they were brothers.

"Yeah, right."

"You slept with Vickie Donovan? I mean, Vickie Donovan slept with you?" Really Caroline.

"There's no way."

"And I didn't even have to force her into it."

"What the hell is he talking about, Ty?"

If this keeps up, Imma need popcorn. And a drink.

"Nothing, man, just ignore him, he's a punk."

"You know what, how about all of you shut up and help me find my sister?"

"We'll check the back." Bonnie quickly says.

"I'll check the square." Matt says before walking off to find his sister. Poor guy.

I have about 5 minutes to get to the roof, so I make my quick exit. Once I get up there I see Damon with Vickie.

"Really, Damy?"

"Yes really, Hopey."

I crouch down next to Vickie.

"Hey, It's going to be ok. I'll make sure you get out of this."

She just quickly nods her head, compled to stay silent until Damon says she can talk.

Right now, I'm just sitting here and waiting for Damon's big show.

Thats when Damon grabs her and puts her right over the edge of thr building.

"Damon!" I cry while Vickie started to scream. Guess he didn't compel her after all.

"You really have to stop screaming."

"No, please, stop. Don't..."

"Damon! Stop! She is going to fall!"

"Shh. I got you."

'No! No!"

"I gotta do it. I'm not going to drop you." Damon says while throwing her arm back toward the ledge every now and then.

"Damon, stop. We don't want her to get hurt."

Thats when hero hair makes his apperance. Right on time.

"Not bad. Have you been eating bunnies?"

He looks to me quickly before looking back at them.

"Let her go."

"Shh. Really? Ok."

"No!" Me and Vickie scream at the same time as Stefan says "No, no, no!"

"Relax."

"What's happening?" Vickie you should have stayed quiet.

"I don't need her to be dead, but... you might. What attacked you the other night?"

"I don't know. An animal."

"Damon, stop." I say, trying to get all of this to stop. I don't want anyone to die.

"Are you sure about that?" Damon says, continuing. Son of a bitch.

"Think. Think about it. Think really hard. What attacked you?"

"Damon. Stop." I want to stop him, but I also want him on our team, not against me. But, I'm not letting Vickie die. So if either attack her, I'm going to attack them first.

"A vampire."

"Who did this to you?"

"You did!"

"Wrong."

"Don't" Stefan tries to plead with his brother.

"Damon. Stop." He just give me a quick glance. Although, it might have been more of a glare.

"It was Stefan."

"Don't."

"Come here." Damons says while pulling Vickie up off the ground.

"Stefan Salvatore did this to you." He compels Vickie. Son. Of. A. Bitch. And from what I hear, she was actually a bitch.

"Stefan Salvatore did this to me." She repeats like a robot.

"He's a vampire." He compels, " A vicious, murderous monster."

'Please, Damon. Please don't do this." Stefan tries pleading with his brother again, hopeing (Pun intended) to convince him to stop.

"If you couldn't fix it before, I don't know what you can do now. He says before taking the bandage off of Vickies neck mark. Thats low man. I could see the tears in Stefans eyes.

Vickie doesn't stop crying when she gets thrown into Stefan's arms. Poor girl.

"Your chocie of lifestyle has made you weak." I wanted to do something, but I didn't want to break the deal I have with Damon. I'll wait till he leaves.

"A couple of vampire palor tricks is nothing compared to the power that you could have, that you now need." Dammit. If only I was a vampire. That could make this so much easier. Guess I'll just have to use the spell Aunt Davina taught me for taking away memories.

"But you can change that. Human blood gives you that." Damn Damon and his 'come to the dark side' speech.

I walk over a grab Vickie from Stefans hands, backing up a little bit, ignoring the look Damon gave me.

"Shhhhhh.... Its ok." I keep saying while she sobs and screams "No." Poor girl.

"You have two choices. You can feed and make her forget. Or you could let her run, screaming 'VaMpIrE' through the town square.

"That's what this is about? You want to expose me?"

"No! I want you to remember who you are!"

"Why? So what, so I'll feed? So I'll kill? So I'll remember what it's like to be brothers again? You know what, let her go. Let her tell everyone that vampires have returned to Mystic Falls. Let them chain me up, and let them drive a stake through my heart, because at least I'll be free of you." Thats another low blow. What's with these brothers and hitting hard where it hurts.

"Huh. Huh. Wow. Come here, sweetheart." He grabs Vickie from my hands.

"No!"

"It's ok."

Damon whispers something into her ear. She stops sobbing almost immediately.

"What happened? Where am I? Oh, I ripped my stitches open. Ah..."

"You ok?"

"I took some pills, man." She laughs. Nice change from the sobs, "I'm good." She gets up to walk away. I get up to help her. I help her walk away letting the boys finish up their broment.

We walk back into the grill and sit down.

"Give me a minute, let me get you some water." I walk off and ask the bartender for a water and walk back over to Vickie.

Matt came over not long after and helped Vickie put on a new bandage. I see Stefan walk up from the side of my eyes.

"She said that you and Hope found her wandering around."

"Yeah."

"So, um, thanks. Both of you." He said glancing in my direction.

Stefan just nods his head and walks away, towards Caroline and Bonnies table. I decide to listen in, with my superhearing from my werewolf side ( Like from Teen Wolf. I think that Hope should get that alone with the other super powers she gets from it.)

"Uhh, it's just so much drama. Ever notice how the druggies are the biggest attention whores?"

"yeah." Bonnie says, not quite intrested. At least thats how she sounded.

"Excuse me. Hi." Stefan says finally having gottn to the table. Again, like a frickin tv show.

"Hi."

"Um, have you guys seen Elena?"

"I think she went home." Bonnie tells him.

"I'm gonna give you Elena's cell number and her email. She is big on texting, and you can tell her... I said so." Awwwww. How nice of Bonnie.

"Thank you."

"You ok?" Stefan asks after Bonnie spaced out for a minute.

"What happened to you?" She whispers just hearable.(is that a word? Well, it is now.)

"That's so rude." Bonnie quickly says, covering up her witchy powers. "I'm sorry. Excuse me." She says quickly before walkimg away, not knowing what was happening to her.

"Yeah, she kind of wigs out. It's like her thing." Caroline says before Stefan walks away.

What have I gotten myself, and the twins, into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 99 15
With Hope's humanity off and her on a rampage, what it is going to take for the Super Squad to bring back their fearless leader? With no way to track...
2.6K 68 11
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Imagine if Hope had a twin sister, she hadn't seen for years. They both hate each o...
21.3K 344 13
a timeline where Hope never returned to the Salvatore Boarding School after the devastating losses of not only her not so immortal parents, Klaus Mik...
13.9K 434 6
Klaus Mikaelson died in order to save his daughter Hope. But after his death, Klaus left something or better say someone behind. His oldest daughter...