I Did Want Independence, But...

Oleh MochineNyan

An OC dies and is reincarnated into the world of Hunter x Hunter with a game system. Story will follow a mix... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

2.7K 84 46
Oleh MochineNyan

I continue running, and out of the corner of my eye I see something by the road that is shining. I look around and it seems the few people that are outside don't seem to notice it, and something tells me that it is due to my system. I walk closer and see a screen pop up.

[Pick up?]

'Yes'

[Obtained Small Recovery Potion]

The shining spot disappeared... Well, seeing as I have not seen any shiny spots until now, I can see that something like this will be a rare occurrence. Looking at the description, it recovers 20% of my HP, NP and SP. I put it into my inventory while making the action of putting something into my pocket, and move on with the daily quest. I see more shining spots and obtain various knick knacks and potions. Eventually...

*pling*

-Daily quest-
[Stretch 10/10min]
[Push-ups 100/100]
[Sit-ups 100/100]
[Running 10/10km]
[End Stretch 10/10min]

[Appraisal levelled up by 1]

First quest, complete and I also levelled up the appraisal skill a few times! I sit down exhausted on the park bench I started on. Let's see, let's see, oh, I got a quest reward.

-Quest Reward-
Full Recovery Potion
+3 Stat points

Ooh, the reward looks small, but it is a daily quest so I'm not too disappointed since it will add up. I put all the points in strength. As soon as I decided that, the points were automatically assigned. I guess this system is very hands off which is very useful. I don't exactly want to be seen waving my arms around and looking vacantly into the distance.

Since it's the Hunter x Hunter world I'd rather be cautious about how I behave. Hmm.. Thinking a little more about it I think it's best that I limit interaction with the system rather than rely on it all the time. I'll just live this life like I will normally and not treat this place too much like a video game, despite having this system. I doubt I have a respawn point after all, this isn't Re:Zero. Plus, the points seem to assign themselves to what I am thinking too, and I have perfect memory to help me keep track.

... I'm glad I didn't reincarnate into somewhere like Attack on Titan, that would have sucked so bad, even if I did have a gaming system.

Anyways! Plan of action. First, find somewhere to stay, I need shelter and necessities. The rest? Train my butt off at Heaven's Arena once I get out of my noob stats. Oh, and also my skills, since it seems they can be leveled. On that note, appraising the park bench again gives me...

[Wood Park Bench]

This will take a while.

.:~*~:.

Sitting on the park bench, more and more people come out to start their day, appraising them doesn't really give useful information, but eventually spamming it for a few hours leveled appraisal to level 4. Appraising different things now gives me a brief description and for people, it just gives their basic information like my own status screen. Though rarely they are hidden and instead I get question marks for numbers. I'll assume that's because they are stronger than me by a large margin.

Seeing as my SP recovered fully, I got up and checked if I had any money on me to buy some food. My stomach growled. I look at my inventory and see that I have.. No Jenny, aka money. Welp. I guess I'll use the rest of the day to earn some money.

Come to think of it, what day is it? It would be really disappointing if my future knowledge is useless due to being in the future after canon - and finding the Hunter Exam location would be a total drag. I mean, I could prove myself to the kiriko Gon, Kurapika and Leorio meets since I know roughly where they are due to the show... But yea.

I throw the thought to the back of my mind, as my stomach decides to growl in complaint again. Well... Seeing as I have a singing skill, I could do some busking and level it at the same time, maybe. I look in my inventory and find a hat which I collected from the various shiney spots I encountered during my run. Great, I'll use this as a bowl for jenny. From the conversations I could hear, the language is Japanese and I vaguely recall the fact that the alphabet here is based off of the Japanese kana. I guess I'll have to sing Japanese songs!

Relieved that one of my hobbies was singing in my previous life, and seeing how it was level 4, I quickly thought of a song that I really love, 'Ichiban no Takaramono' aka 'My Most Precious Treasure'. I quickly test out my voice to get used to it, singing it quietly and making sure to adjust my voice to clear out mistakes I could hear.

I walk around in the park and find a fountain where it is rather populated with people and settled by a tree. I set the hat down and get to work. Thankfully the song still sounds good without the background music, but really if I want to continue this I'll need to learn and buy an instrument. I managed to quickly gather a small crowd, which made me nervous as I was surprised that my level 4 singing could gather this many people. Some people throw some money into my hat in which I throw a small smile at them while continuing the song.

The song ends and the small crowd I gathered gives an applause. I bow politely and smile. I guess some people really liked the song, and I quickly got requests to sing it again, with them handing over money as well. I obliged and continued singing various other Japanese songs I recalled in my past life.

.:~*~:.

After singing various Japanese songs for a few hours, I stopped and thanked people for listening. Collecting my earnings, I walked off and found somewhere to store it into my inventory for safe keeping. I looked at my earnings, seeing that I managed to earn 5,000 Jenny. I recall a 100 Jenny store during my run and I estimate that 100 Jenny is the equivalent to my past worlds $1. I hum in consideration and hope that I will be able to afford a meal and a room at a cheap hotel for a day at least.

Looking at my stats, I saw that the singing skill level only increased by 1 level. Hm, I guess skills level slower after reaching level 4. The problem is, I need somewhere to train and get some combat experience in which Heaven's Arena may be good, but right now I'm just a scrub with none at all. I want to get to the 100 floors quickly so I get a place to stay temporarily.

Pondering over my short term plans, I wander off in search of somewhere to eat. I hear a hostile voice call out, "Oi!". Hoping that it was for someone else in this area, I continue walking, only to find that a hand pushed me heavily, causing me to stumble. I quickly found my balance and turned around warily.

I observed a tall man, alone. He looked like a delinquent. Seeing that I was looking at him with some apprehension, his face distorts into an arrogant look. "I saw how much you earned, kid. Hand over the money." he threatens. I sigh inside my head, I didn't expect to encounter a robbery in broad daylight. I look around and see that people seemed to be looking at the encounter. I turned back to the man and appraised him and saw numbers not too far from mine, at the very least. I could test out the 3 points of strength I earned earlier.

*Pling*

[Hostile enemy detected]
[Urgent Quest issued]
Objective: Defeat enemy
Reward: +3 Stat points, EXP

I guess that's more reason to fight back, I guess. The man doesn't seem to want to kill me at least, just rob me and looking at the guy's lack of pockets, he doesn't have a weapon either.

Getting impatient, the man frowns and decides to step closer. I wait a little, acting scared, lowering his guard. I quickly punched him in the stomach, taking the air out of him and followed up with a kick to his family jewels. I don't look back to see the results and run off.

*Pling*

[Enemy defeated]
[Issuing rewards]

[Level up]

Oh! I guess that small encounter, along with the quest reward caused me to level up. I should expect it to get harder to level up in the future, but for now I can at least get stronger quicker. I sorted the points into DEX and found that the level up gave a point in each stat, and found my HP and SP is now 110.

I follow the directions to a food court and enter a random bakery and buy a cheese bread and a sausage bread. I noted that this particular bakery sells bread that resembles the bread I would find in a Chinatown bakery in my previous life. Taking a bite, I hum in appreciation at the taste and set off to find a cheap hotel.

.:~*~:.

Walking along, I see movement from an alley and look curiously. Uh.. Is... That a portal?

I stare blankly at it. A window pops up upon my approach.

*Pling*

[Dungeon Encountered]
Recommended level: 12

Okaay... It seems I've found somewhere else to train other than Heaven's Arena? Seeing the level I deem that the mobs should be lower level at the start. Looking around to make sure no one is looking, I enter the dungeon...

There is a small flash and I find myself in a well lit cave, crystals glowed, illuminating the area in colourful lights. Admiring the pretty sight before me for a moment, I walk cautiously onward. Suddenly, there was a notice.

[Dungeon Quest]
Objective: Clear all hostile enemies
Reward: Everything Dungeon provides

I grab a 'Baseball Bat' from my inventory and lick my lips nervously.

... It's not like I have a better weapon, I found this from a shiny spot in the park!

Eventually I happened upon... A slime. It's a clear baby blue colour. For some reason it also has eyes, resembling the dango from Clannad. It doesn't seem to have noticed me yet as it is facing away from me. I appraise the slime and see that it provides me with a level and its HP bar. This particular slime is level 5, which isn't too far from my level 2. It doesn't look very hostile, so I approach it carefully.

Upon approach, it turned around and spotted me. To my relief it didn't attack me, and instead looked up at me and wobbled. 'C-cute...' where my only thoughts as I squatted to look at it curiously. I extend a hand and pet it. The slime is cool to touch and felt like a water drop cake. The slime seemed to like my warm touch and seemed to melt into my hand like an affectionate cat. I look in my inventory to see if I could find anything to feed it, maybe if I gave it a recovery potion, it would be able to learn a skill from it? Thinking back on when I watched 'Reincarnated as a Slime'.

I opened a small recovery potion and fed it to the slime. It seemed to like the taste - not that I know what it tasted like due to not having any injuries. It wobbled happily.

[Slime Tamed]
[Would you like to name it?]

Expecting this to happen, I ponder for a bit and just named it Blue, because of its colour. I think that despite being a simple and unimaginative name, it is cute. I picked Blue up and put it on my head, it seemed content with its position. Finding that it didn't have trouble staying there, I continued onward in the dungeon.

.:~*~:.

I encountered quite a selection of monsters, and it seems hostile things are marked with red in their names upon appraising them. There were monsters resembling wolves, spiders and bats; but they all looked mutated in some way and would drop items on death, and in rare cases, various types of potions. Despite the level difference, as long as they couldn't hit me and I could hit back, I would be able to defeat them. The most troublesome enemy in my opinion were the spiders, as they were fast and could poison me. Though because of that I got a Poison Resistance skill. Getting hit many times due to my inexperience with combat also caused me to get an array of Resistance skills, like Pain, Paralysis and Bleed.

On a side note, there were also creatures that were peaceful, such as Blue's brethren. I would imagine that they would attack me if I attacked them, so I usually left creatures like that alone. Otherwise, I had a few close calls and was able to pull through after resting a bit, waiting for my HP and SP to regenerate. The places with non-hostile creatures were like a safe space, as I tested luring a hostile creature to the area, but it got mauled by the slimes... It was rather traumatic as it melted into the slimes... I'll spare the details.

I look at Blue and it blinks up at me innocently and I just decided to not think about it too much.

Because of the level difference, I was able to level up faster and got to level 7 and Blue to 8 by the time I reached the boss room. I appraised Blue and asked it to heal me after getting injured, and found that when it used a skill, it used SP as well as some NP. The regeneration rate is not as good as mine so I imagine that Blue will get better as it levels up. Additionally, it seems I will get bonus Stat Points every 5 levels, as when I reached level 5, I was given a bonus of 3 to distribute freely.

The boss room leaked a very ominous aura, and I concluded that I am still too weak to confront it. Thinking of a solution, and out of curiosity, I back tracked the cave and found that the enemies could respawn after a set time. Upon the discovery, I was happy to be able to get stronger, because even if the recommended level is 12, the boss felt stronger than what was said. I must have got this feeling due to my Sense stat going up as I leveled.

After a while of beating up the same types of monsters with my trusty baseball bat, I was able to get used to their movements and could defeat them easily. I fed some of the various potions I aquired to Blue and during this, Blue learned how to use the effects of the potions as a skill after feeding the corresponding potion many times.

Eventually, Blue and I got to level 17. The creatures were not giving more XP after beating them up for a while. So I went back to the boss room and I sensed that I was able to confront the boss of this dungeon though I'll have some trouble, I absentmindedly concluded.

Pursing my lips and frowning nervously, I opened the door.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

641 78 13
The Lost Teardrop Of The Moonlight's Blessing A lone story that speaks for a shadow forgotten within years upon disappearance whom appeared once lig...
4K 175 20
In this story, The gang (including Y/n) go their separate ways to achieve their goals. When Y/n faces new challenges it always ends up in a horrible...
22.3K 963 35
Torture, assassination, and contracts were what you grew up to. You were sold to the Zoldycks and trained to be a killing machine. Your sole purpose;...
341K 12.3K 83
-THIS HAPPENS RIGHT AFTER THE 2011 ANIME- You were a seemingly cheerful and helpful girl, yet you didn't have anyone you could call a friend. Your ch...