Cheer Up, Daddy!

Bởi LoveSick-ET

'Cheer Up, Daddy!' is a baby programme that helps single fathers who didn't know they have a very productive... Xem Thêm

Prologue: Cheerio, Daddy o'mine.
Coffee in NYC
Can't Handle The Poop
Catching Young Daddy
Canadian Model Rocks
Can't Say No to Twins
Can You Date My Brother
Class is in Session (Part One)
Class is in Session (Part Two)
Call Me Maybe?
Clubbing In NYC
Classic Flirt
Come Home To Me
Chow Garden
Cider and Pumpkin
Claire Ford
Chain Me Up
Champion Daddy
Chronicles of Andrew Walker
Code Name: Triple 'J'
Clueless

Chase the Psychopath

6.1K 296 31
Bởi LoveSick-ET

Chapter Seven

(Chase the Psychopath)

"Extra protection or," the guy in the red Target shirt asked, "extra protection nighttime?"

Andy was standing in the baby essential aisle, trying to decide between two extremely look-alike blue packages. He silently gave Andy the bored gaze, it would have fooled Andy but he didn't miss the guy checking out his ass around the corner. Andy allowed his fingers to linger purposely near the guy's skin, watching him shuddered before taking the package on the right. He dropped it into the shopping cart and walked away, and because he's a devil in disguise, he bent down and took a packet of formula from the bottom of the shelf even though there were plenty above.

Andy might not be his best self due to his little morning adventure, nevertheless he still got it when a smirk caught up on his face as the guy quickly stumbled back to his post. Even a full cart of baby products wouldn't dampen his irresistable charm, it might have just pushed him up on the chart. He went around the aisle and started to cross off the list in his mind, sighing tiredly when he realized he was far from reaching the end of Andrea's crazy grocery list.

After the playroom was tidied up, Andy was looking forward to his thirty-minute break. He was about to head straight to the door but Andrea was there, arms crossed and dead stare. Being her brother meant Andy was supposed to get used to her so-called intimidating stand, still he was defeated by it and got kicked out from the center so he could gather up stuffs for the twins. It's a list of baby supply that Andy barely recognised, but Andy grew up in a big family on his father's side so he had his fair share of annoying cousins. He thought he could at least differentiate the formulas and diapers, he was sure it wouldn't be too many brands around for baby products.

Damn, he never felt this helpless in his life.

So here he was, in the sea of angry mothers and crying babies, trying to finish up the list without being mauled. Perhaps it was a good excuse to get out of the center, given how jealous Tina and Alex had been ever since waking to find him cooing over the twins. Alex made Jeremy cry and refused to give back his pacifier until Andy played with them and pretended to be dragon again. He was glad Andrea knew what to do, he sure hell didn't.

Andy was rounding the cart to the snacks section when he caught a familiar face. The train in his mind went off from the rail, causing everything to ring loudly. His blood ran cloud and the grip on the cart's handle was hurting his hands. It took his brain a few minutes to start again, making up hundred of plans to run away although his feet seemed to freeze on the ground.

The man tossed a package of barbeque chips into his cart, looking so normal that Andy would have never known the kind of person he was if he hadn't experienced it first hand. The train finally hit the crowd and it exploded into fiery flame when he looked up, instantly locking onto Andy.

Oh shit.

"Fuck, it's that you Snow White?" The way Andy could see the man's face light up from across the aisle was the complete opposite of comforting. He threw the extra chips back to the shelf, striding and approaching with a look in his eyes like he had something up his sleeves. Andy wasn't sure the man took how many steps to reach him, his ears were focusing on the buzzing noise from the fluorescent lamp. His fingers tightened around the handle as his scent hit his nostrils, the smell of tequila and smoke. It was him, his cocky stride and the constant curl of smoke around him.

It was really him.

Oh shit.

"You look fine, Snow White," the man exhaled in appreciation, giving Andy the once over. It's been like what, eleven years? He looked older, there was always a flickering hope that maybe he turned out to be bald and ended up with a beer gut. A ugly scar, maybe? But he had gotten better looking when he should be hideous. His dirty blonde har was a mess, uncombed and rid of any product. It should be repulsive yet Andy wanted to run his finger into them. There's stubble dusting his cheeks, it trailed along his perfect jawline to his Adam's apple. The wrinkles on the edge of his eyes were visible when he smiled, pearly white began to flash on Andy's vision.

And the eyes, Jesus, how could anyone forget about his eyes. They remembered him that time in the swimming pool. It was midnight after Andy snuck out from his bedroom window, crossing the lawn and climbing over the fence to his neighbour's house. He was there, already naked and waiting for him near the shiny blue pool. Andy didn't waste anytime to take everything off, joining his side and dipping his legs into the cold water. Andy didn't forget how the light from the swimming pool reflected the man's eyes as he muttered his love, completely lost inside that blue sea of his.

Everything Andy did with him was exciting and thrilling until the roller coaster crashed right into the bottom of the pit.

"Didn't you have a dick to chase after, Chase?" Andy retorted, voice strained. Instead of feeling offended, Chase beamed and chuckled loudly, the smirk on his lips was very distracting. He didn't even ask to put his basket into Andy's shopping cart, already rummaging his stuff to make space for his basket like it belonged there. Andy swallowed dryly, the grip on his handle wouldn't be letting go soon.

"Ah, the castrating sarcasm, how could I forget that." Chase winked, his head tilted just enough to the side that the light bounced off his golden locks. Andy didn't reply, more like he couldn't, he was too much in shock to say anything. He did not know how it happened, one moment his shopping cart was in between and keeping them apart, next thing he was right there in front of him. Every features about him started to overwhelm Andy, nearly choking on the familiar curling smoke Chase always had on him.

"I miss you, you know." Chase pressed his forehead against Andy's, his palm slowly dragging down the left side of Andy's cheek and onto his neck. Andy wished he could say he felt nothing, but that would be a lie. His scent, his voice and his hand took him back to the first summer they met each other, he was there smoking under the tree that caused Andy to lose his focus on the on-coming basketball. Falling down meant to be hurt, it wasn't supposed to warm and strong. He was so close, Andy felt nothing but him.

Andy dragged in a shaking breath and closed his eyes, it was very hard to pull back from him. He was toxic, a dangerous warning sign in Andy's life. Addictive and manipulative.

"I miss you."

Andy wished he could say he didn't flip out just the tiniest bit when the kiss happened, but that would be a lie. He felt violated, angry and frustrated that this man could try to force his way back into his life. Yet this was Chase, it was his mark. His kiss should make you feel violated, angry and frustrated of what happened around you. Like his kiss should be the only cure to your aftermath, the only drug you needed to survive, and the only love you ever wanted.

For a second, there was no response, just Andy allowing himself to be kissed, probably too shocked by the cockiness to move. Just when Andy was about to regain his sanity, Chase's lips took him by surprise, mouthing at the soft spot behind his ear. Andy didn't know what possessed him at that moment; maybe it was the wine, maybe it was the nostalgic, maybe it was the way Chase took control. But before Andy could get a grip and remind himself of everything that could go wrong, he was moving, crading Chase's face and pressing his lips harder against the sweet heat of Chase's.

Chase didn't hesistate, plunging his tongue against Andy's own and pressing his body even closer. Andy shivered when Chase's hand trailed from his waist, up his back, stopping only to grip the back of his neck and pull him closer. Andy didn't know what to feel, every bit of emotion was fighting its way out from his heart. Andy wanted to cry at how ridiculous he was being, twelve years of seperation didn't effect Andy at all. He still remembered how to respond to Chase's kiss, heavily and vividly, as if they were always there for each other for the past twelve years.

They groaned together, the kiss getting deeper and more frantic as Andy pushed closer and closer, desperate to be on Chase. Chase sneakily slipped a warm hand up Andy's shirt, making the man shiver and moan under his ministrations. Emboldened by the response, Chase dragged his hand lower, ready to palm the excitement in Andy's jeans when there's a clear of throat from their side.

It felt like electricity shocked Andy back to life, his hands were coming up and already pushing Chase away from him. Andy couldn't believe he had gone this far, backing up against the shelf immediately as he stared wide-eyed at the ground. His stomach dropped even though there was blood rushing everywhere in his body, pumping too loudly against his eardrums. Chase didn't even care there was a huge bulge below his waist as he faced the intruder with an annoyed grunt, which Andy could only watch dumbfounded.

"Excuse me, young man," The older lady exclaimed and shifted her grocery bag, "This kind of indecent behaviour is not encouraged in public space where kids could be seen."

Chase snorted and turned around, surprising Andy with a firm grope of his package. Andy might have let out a sinful groan under his breath, he was still hard from the intense session earlier and this just caused another rush of adneraline running through his veins. Chase was fast enough to drag his lips along Andy's jaw one last time, tasting the sweat Andy didn't realise he had. Chase smirked against Andy's neck, locking an eye at the flabbergasted lady and giving her a flirty wink.

"This, is indecent behaviour." Andy was struggling under his grip, it was only loosened when she turned dramatically and flounced down the aisle, bonnet billowing on her, and tossed a spiteful curse over her shoulder as she rounded the corner. Chase didn't notice Andy was already fleeing, the charm had been lifted and Andy had only himself to blame. It was a mistake, the kiss was the biggestmistake.

He did try to run, but Chase was the one to live up his god damn name. Andy remembered sitting on the bench and watched him pratised, the sun was hot on the entire field but he was content waiting for him to finish up. The books on his laps always managed to help passing the time, until there's a shadow towering over him and a kiss on the forehead, then it's time to go home.

Andy was biting his lower lip so hard he could taste blood. He spun around and tried his best to keep his eyes from filling as the absolute worst of everything coalesced into human form before him. Chase's eyes softened at the sight of Andy's frown, already leaning in to kiss it away. Andy was tempted again, but he wasn't high-school Andrew Walker. This gesture was all too familiar, high-school Andy would giggle and kiss him back.

He's not that anymore, he was living in reality now and Chase wasn't supposed to be in it.

Andy pulled back so fast his elbow hit at the display cans of tuna, everything came toppling down and Chase was staring down at Andy incredulously, a small part of hurt sank at the edge of his lips. Andy took a steadying breath as he apologized to whoever was there to clean up his mess, he went back to his shopping cart and picked up the rest of his items, ignoring the fact Chase was always trailing at his back. He wanted to throw the can of baby food at Chase' head so he could understand he's not welcomed in his personal space. Sadly, he knew Chase too much to do anything about it. Chase was relentless, if he ever dawdled too long, that was when you got hooked.

The two boxes of orange juices were the last of his list, ready to check out and run the hell away. The counter was so close and he could feel a sense of relief until Chase blocked his way, again. He was going to unleash his seduction and Andy was prepared for this time around. He had enough of his shit, he couldn't just walk in and out of his life this easily.

"You back the fuck up off me," Andy seethed, jabbing the shopping cart in Chase's waist, and forcing the man to back off. He made sure the shopping cart was between them, walking backward and advancing to the counter. Then the tug of war began when Chase grabbed the front of the shopping cart, pulling Andy along toward his way. The sad puppy look on his face before was wiped away by the now devilish smirk, clearly enjoying Andy's struggle.

"You have a child now, Andy?" Chase used one of his hands to pick up the package of diapers, waving at Andy's face. Andy nearly lost the grip on the handle, completely seeing red.

"It's none of your God damn business!" Enough was enough as Andy took his chance and pushed the shopping cart forward when Chase was pulling, making Chase backpedal into a tower of mineral waters. Chase was already on his feet to get back into the game but the manager -thank God- stopped and asked him to pick those up before he called the cops. It gave Andy the headstart to reach the check-out counter, emptying the cart and dumping everything on the surface. The cashier wasn't amused by the mountain of baby products, purposely taking her time to scan the items. Andy was at his wit's end, throwing the two hundred bills on the counter and smacking his hands down.

"Look, there's a psychopath chasing behind me so could you please fucking get on already!"

Everything costed around a hundred and eighty-five dollars, Andy didn't even collect the change before he was out of the supermarket. The fresh breath of chilly air couldn't be more pleasant for Andy, he didn't dare to linger around the parking lot and headed straight to his sister's Mini Cooper. It was unfair that her sister already owned a car by babysitting when he worked his ass off at that maniac company with no more than a shoe-box apartment. He unloaded the paper bags into the car boot, closing it down just in time for Chase to run out into parking lot. Andy's heart picked up in a frantic pace, literally dove into the driver seat.

Chase was faster, he dragged Andy out and shoved Andy harshly against the door. Andy was going to push him off when Chase slammed his fist into the space next to Andy's head. The metal bent under the force, causing Andy to gulp and shiver anxiously. Chase hung his head low, trying to take a series of breaths while putting one hand on Andy's chase. Andy decided to test his luck, he might able to sneak past him and drive away as soon as the ignition was started.

"Don't even think about it," Chase gritted out a he balled his fist on Andy's chest. "It stops now. You don't run away from me, not anymore." Andy didn't know, but Chase got even even more into his face. Andy wasn't fond of this side of Chase, except the night they broke up for good. It was a castastrofuck, there were a lot of shouting and swearing, mostly on Andy's side because Chase was busy apologizing and getting angry.

Andy didn't flinch this time when Chase lashed out and punched the metal again. The past event was coming back to him, although there was a fleeting thought about whether or not Chase had hurt himself, but he was too blinded by hurt and pain to care.

"I love-"

Andy shoved Chase away as hard as he could, stunning Chase until he fell backward onto the ground. Chase was going to protest but Andy punched him across the face, forcing Chase to look at him by his shirt collar.

"Don't you fucking go there. You have any idea what I have done through to drag myself out of hell you threw me in when you screwed my life up? I'll be fucked if I let you to drag me back into it," Andy snarled, "The shit you put us through, put me through! Why are you even here, Chase? Why you couldn't just stay where you were and find some whore to fuck around with? Or because you have fucked all those bitches back home and now New York was your last stop?"

He didn't want to be this angry, hadn't gotten this emotional over something in ages; but the hurt and rage of Chase's callousness and the way Chase thought he was a permanent fixture in his life, was fuelling something inside him.

"I came here to find you, Andy," disgust ghosted over Andy's face as he punched Chase's face again.

"Is that the best you could come up with?"

"I am! I called in some favours from the gang and they told me you moved to New York." Chase's words tumbled out in an addled rush. "I went to your workplace but they said you were no longer working there."

"The gang? What the fuck are you talking about?" Andy told no one he was coming here, not the gang of friends back in high school. Andrea and his father were the only one, he didn't bother to find other friends since he spent most of his high school years with Chase and his little gang. He paused and stared at Chase, dumbfounded, "my workplace? This is utter bullshit, there's no way anyone would know that." He didn't even tell his father and Andrea.

Chase was letting out a wry laugh, "I told you I came here to find you, Andy. You thought you can just drop everything and run away from me?"

That had Andy reeling a little, "you fucking psychopath."

"No, I just love you too much. Even though you never did, you never love me as much as I love you."

Andy's mouth opened and closed for a while as the admission brought out a surprising reaction from him. There was a flash of anger and Andy hit him across the face again, Andy made sure he busted Chase's lips for good. He was yelling profanity but Andy could hear no more, standing up and messing his hair up in frustration. He let out a short, dry laugh to cover up the tears welling inside his eyes, stared at the man with faint disappointment.

"I never love you," Andy repeated, "I never love you? I never love you?!" Andy exploded and Chase recoiled inwardly, shocked by the vehemence. "What the fuck did you want, Chase? What didn't I give you?" Andy demanded as he briefly stared down at Chase, "I let you do anything you wanted. I let you play with my life whenver and wherever you wanted. I let you intside my heart, I let you take over my life, I let you fuck up my shit. You were my whole life, no one has ever came into my life before you. You know how many guys I have loved? One! One fucking guy who couldn't even keep his fucking penis in his pants when I left for summer camp!"

Andy broke off abruptly and backed off. He sighed shakily along with his whole body, he was exhausted and overwhelmed by the memory. It was too much, the truth rang in his mind as he recalled everything had happened that night. He was on schedule, never early or late to go home from the camp. He didn't walk in on them, he didn't even see them if Chase didn't announce himself. Chase had time to sweep his dirty secret under the rug but he didn't, he allowed Andy to fall into the trap and saw them. Chase wanted Andy to see, to catch him in the act. Andy deadpanned, "I fucking loved you, Chase. And you love me by fucking your best friend!"

"It was a drunken mistake, Andy."

"No, fuck you, Chase," Andy needed to leave before he fell apart. "Just fuck you." With that, he turned heel and headed back into the car, leaving a shell-shocked Chase behind. As he waited to drive far enough from the man, Andy parked and killed the ignition at the side of road and began to his nervous breakdown. Andy let out an agonizing scream and smacked the front of his head against the steering wheel. He couldn't breath, the fire inside his lungs made every breath burned. Surprisingly no tears were shed, Andy had done crying over Chase and he already moved on.

It wasn't easy, Andrea was there when he dumped tequila and vodka down his throat like water. One shot when he thought of the time they went camping in the middle of nowhere, two shots when he thought about the stars in the night sparkled in his eyes, three shots when he thought of the words Chase whispered to him saying he was the only light in his life, and soon the whole bottle was consumed when he thought about the kiss of promise Chase laid upon his lips.

At first Andy didn't want to let him go, he had fought the urge to grab him and never let go. Fight the urge to cradle him. Part of him longed so much to run back inside Chase's arms. His eyes, his smile, his kiss, his embrace, all of the best things about Chase. Then he remembered, the laughther coming at his way as he was forced to look at the scene in front of him. The rational part of him kicked in and shut his mind before the grave was dug deeper, he knew he was going to sign himself a death warrant by caving into those wants.

You know people said first love was the one that was impossible to replace or replicate because we only had that once. And Adele definitely told us sometimes it lasted in love while sometimes it just kicked you in the ass. Andy knew that, he was there for the ups and downs with Chase and he thought he had gone through everything to last the love between Chase and him. Still, it kicked him in the ass, hard. He didn't realize that until he was drunk one night in her sister's apartment, sitting on his bed and staring at the beautiful streetlights of New York city on the window pane. Soon Andy's gaze bored into the window, seeing nothing but his own reflection.

Bloodshot eyes were partially hidden behind his greasy hair, there were red marks covering all over his blue-tinged skin. The black bags under his eyes, the visible lines of age on his cheeks, the wet patches on his shirt; he couldn't recognize himself anymore. Andy shot up from his bed, running across the hallway to his sister's room, waking her up and asking her for help. Andrea never found out what happened to her brother, she had a clear idea but she promised Andy not to meddle into his shit. So they went shopping the next day, picking up clothes that Andy would never wear in his lifetime. Andrea taught him how to survive in the city that never sleeps, how to dress to impress without showing too much.

Andy didn't feel much changes until both of them was passing by a tanning salon. Andrea was talking herself when Andy was staring at the get-tan-now pamphet.

"I wanted to get a tan, Andrea."

"What? You should be grateful with your fair skin, it's your best feature!"

"Please, Andrea, I need this."

Andrea had an aggression fueling inside of her since day one, it hurt too much to see her only sibling had gone through such pain when he didn't even deserve it. She calmed herself by taking a few quick breaths, she reopened her eyes and dragged Andy away from the tanning salon. Andy was about to protest, only to be shushed by his sister.

"We're going to my friend's. If my baby brother is going to a tan, I'm gonna make sure it looks flawless on you. Trust me, you would be ovaries exploding, pants dropping, underwear burning, take-me-now-please kind of hot after Mandy has finished with you. I guarantee it."

Andy kept his smile to himself, knowing this was the first step to forget about his past.

Getting rid of the first thing Chase loved him the most.

In a week, a new guy was taking over New York city by storm. The guy was insanely attractive, with soft curly brown hair and a pillow top lips. His eyes were a normal brown, but under the golden rays they melted, turning into a state of molten-gold, like the sunset along the horizon. The five o' clock stubble he always seemed to have added a rugged texture on his skin.

But it wasn't the eyes, the lips, or the stubble. It was radiant olive skin that caused every men and women to swoon over him. Even with a darker shade, there were still a tinge of permanent blushes on his cheeks. No one would ever think he once owned a skin like snow or a hair of night, everyone was falling for him all over Manhattan.

Andy happily locked Snow White in the deepest part of heart, along with the memories of his once beloved Chase.

Andy tried to breath; he sat shaking slightly as his body calmed down from being yanked back from the brink. By the time he started the car again, his system had done panicking and the strain, soreness and exhaustion were bearing down on him.

He had no idea how he would survive the night class without falling apart in front of everybody. So he did what he normally would do and pray for his luck to change, not for the better or the worse, just anything but Chase. He would rather face his worst enemy than seeing Chase again, but he doubt that because besides Chase the psychopath, who else could be his nightmare?

+-+

Before the hate comments toward Chase, I wanna clarify that I love writing about him and he won't be going anywhere any time soon. -evil laugh- 

Vote, Comment & Share the Love!

If you have any questions or doubts, just leave a comment and I'll reply -wink-

Love, ET

+-+

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

315K 12K 40
❝I don't think Love is in my knowledge❞ ∙ Book 2 To The Daddy Series ∙ Spin-off To Daddy Issues Noah is juggling life with being...
542K 19.8K 38
BoyxBoy The quarterback and the cheerleader. Sound's like the perfect couple, doesn't it? So what happens when the heartthrob quarterback and the p...
78.9K 6.3K 37
Lord Tanden is finally free. Free from his family's obligations, free to sail around the world, free to explore. It's all he's ever wanted, to be all...
432K 4.7K 7
SPIN-OFF TO "FROM THE OTHER SIDE" Having a crush on one of your best friends is already a struggle. Having a crush on one of your best friends, who...