Finding Happiness

By joajayi

"Sir here is your card. I'll head to my room. Good night sir, Ms. Collins Have a wonderful night" He smiled a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1-- Attention
Chapter 2-- The Conference Meeting
Chapter 3-- First impression
chapter 4 - Obsession
Chapter 5-- New and Old
Chapter 6-- Turn of Events
Chapter 7-- Shopping with the boss
Chapter 8-- The 'Business Trip'
Chapter 9-- Within seconds
Chapter 10-- The Funeral
Chapter 11-- The story of my life
Chapter 12-- Party with the billionaires
Chapter 13-- Double Trouble
Chapter 14-- Strange Changes
Chapter 15-- Game room
Chapter 16-- Two can Play this game
Chapter 17-- Beach House
Chapter 18-- Beach house II
Chapter 20-- The first date
Chapter 21-- A Fight?
Chapter 22-- Expect the Unexpected
Chapter 23-- Baby shower
Chapter 24-- Say the words
Chapter 25-- Secrets
Chapter 26-- Surprise!
Chapter 27-- So Much Love
Chapter 28-- Misunderstanding
Chapter 29-- Misunderstanding II
Chapter 30-- Broken Beyond Repair
Chapter 31-- Five years later
Chapter 32-- Old friends
Chapter 33-- The talk
Chapter 34-- Remember us
Chapter 35-- The weekend
Chapter 36-- I'll make you mine...again
Chapter 37--New Fling
Chapter 38 --The Face of Fear
Chapter 39--The Face Of Fear II
Chapter 40-- Meet my brother, Harrison
Chapter 41--Prayers
Chapter 42-- A glimpse of Heaven
Chapter 43-- He's still the boss
Chapter 44-- She's my hero, she doesn't need a cape
Chapter 45--Earned it (unedited)
Chapter 46-- Like I'm Gonna Lose You.(unedited)

Chapter 19-- Confession

7.6K 411 11
By joajayi

Jane's P.O.V

It has been exactly fifteen days since the beach house. Liam and I have been strictly professional. There were times when he tried to make a conversation but I just ignored him or cut it off. I don't know how long it's going to last but this is the best I can do.

It's business, not a social place just like he said. Nikos and I also stopped the fake relationship. For some reason, he calls me once in a while to check up on me.

I wasn't supposed to work today, but Liam emailed me last night about one 'important' meeting we had.

I dressed up, took the elevator, got into my car, and drove off.

There is traffic as usual.

I should have taken a cab, I don't even know why I decided to drive my car. My phone started to ring. I checked the caller ID, and I saw Liam's name.

"Hello?" I answered. "Jane, this is John speaking," John said.

Why is John calling with Liam's phone?

"What's going on?" I asked. "The meeting has been canceled. Liam won't be able to attend. He's not feeling well. And he asked to see you," He replied.

Is this a sick joke?

"Why? I'm not a doctor," I expressed. "I don't know, but you're the person he asked for," He replied.

Oh great, now I have to take care of a sick person.

"Okay bye," I said irritated about the fact that he wanted to see me. I was totally happy the meeting was canceled, and that I didn't have to see him.

I feel bad for speaking to John the way I did. He doesn't deserve it. I shouldn't be taking it out on him.

I packed the car and took the private elevator to the top floor. "Good morning. He's in his room," John said walking towards the elevator.

"Good morning. John wait!" I said, he stopped and twirled. "I'm sorry for talking to you like that earlier. I shouldn't be taking my anger out on you. I'm sorry," I apologized. He let out a deep breath.

"I know, it's okay. I understand, I mean you work for Liam."He chuckled. I smiled at him. "We are good?" I asked smiling. "We are good," He smiled back.

I walked towards Liam's room making sure I wiped the smile off my face.

This better not be a joke. I knocked and heard a very rough voice. I guess he told me to come in. I opened the door slowly and entered.

I saw a very messy-looking Liam on the bed with tissues everywhere.

I moved towards him to touch his forehead to check his temperature. It was hot. I guess it's serious.

"Have you taken anything or seen a doctor?" I asked. "No, I don't want to," He answered. "Okay, I think Advil should help. I'll make a chicken soup for you. Let's clean up this mess around you first." I said looking at the tissues on his bed and on the floor.

I went to the kitchen to make some chicken soup.

I cleaned up the mess in his room even though he told me to leave it for the housekeeper, but I couldn't. The soup was ready and he begged me to feed him. He said he couldn't lift his hands.

Yeah right! Like I'm supposed to believe that, but I fed him anyway.

"So, where are your bimbos? Aren't they supposed to be taking care of 'their man' now," I said sarcastically

"Ha ha ha very funny," He said.

"Thanks," He mumbled after a few minutes of silence.

I didn't say anything. He asked me to lay on the bed and I did. He placed his head on my lap making himself comfortable, but I didn't protest.

I kind of liked it, it felt right.

"You know Jane, everything you said about me at the beach house was right. I'm possessive, selfish, and arrogant. I don't like seeing you with another guy. I get jealous. But I was selfish. I like you so much, and I've never liked someone this much. I guess I knew this all along I just didn't want to admit it. I was afraid. Afraid of letting go of things I have control over, and all that kind of stuff. I don't want to be afraid anymore. I can't avoid you anymore Jane. I tried to, but it didn't work. It was so difficult. I don't want to do that again. I just can't explain my feelings for you," He admitted leaving me speechless.

He sat up facing me, I did the same. He took my hands.

"I want you. I'm ready. I want you to give me a chance. I want to know more about you, your favorite things, things you would like to do. I wanna call you my girl. I want to go out with you," He said looking straight into my eyes.

What do I say? My mouth isn't moving!

Please vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

860K 29.7K 37
What happens when your feelings and thoughts don't agree? You feel like there's a battle happening inside you. Your heart tells you what you really w...
9.5K 571 39
I leaned back against the wall "It's been so long hasn't it?" "Yes, it has... I think the last time I saw you was high school graduation." "Exactly...
104K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
1.5M 46.4K 46
"Jellyface" A deep voice stopped me. A deep sexy voice if I may add. My body straighten up. My mind went blank. I wait for what happen next. "You can...