Complications (One Direction...

By IceBlueBethy

A tale of a previously normal girl gone big. Isla Quinn is best friends with biggest boy band, One Direction... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 - Epilouge
NOT A CHAPTER

Chapter 12

112 1 0
By IceBlueBethy

*9pm that evening*

Louis' P.O.V

We were all at the venue and the concert was going to start at 10:30pm.

We was going to meet a few fans at a meet and greet at the venue for half and hour, then we were going to do a sound check and answer a few questions.

I had known for 2 days that one of our girl dancers wasn't going to make it because she was ill. Nobody else but me knew. I had also known for a long time that Isla was a good dancer, so I was going to pressure her into dancing for us.

But earlier when I saw her dancing, I thought we were unworthy to have her dance for us. She should have her own show and dance videos and all that shit. But she was going to have to start at the bottom.

Zayn's P.O.V

We did a meet and greet before sound check. We spent half an hour doing that. The boys and I stood in front of a backboard with One Direction written all over it while girls came up to us hugging us and crying.

Lexi and Scarlett would have done the same thing if we hadn't met us before through. Brooke stood there on the side with Lexi, Scarlett and Isla, trying to figure out weather she would cry or just be cool about meeting us. Isla then was almost rolling on the floor with how badly she was laughing. She still couldn't get over the fact that people cried over us.

*9:30pm that evening*

Harry's P.O.V

We have now just finished the meet and greet. It was crazy how many girls broke down over us. Every girl we met I looked over to make sure Isla wasn't pulling another stunt. Last time she ended up in the hospital.

We all enjoy sound check and always made sure we were on time, but today we were late. We were to busy meeting people and looking over at the four girls who stood on the side watching us.

They were all so pretty. It must run in the family. They were all amazing with beautiful personalities. But there was something different about Isla. Something special. Her aura was magnificent. It wasn't like the other girls. I guessed she got it from her mother.

Isla's P.O.V

I looked at my phone and the time was 9:34pm. The boys were never late for sound check. They loved it. Loved answering the crowds questions and singing roughly to them before the real stuff came. But right now they looked preoccupied. Between every fan they looked over to me, Lexi, Scarlett and Brooke. It was like they were checking up on us and forgot to keep track of the time.

I looked at my phone again and it said 9:37pm. I decided I was going to go over and tell them, when suddenly Josh Devine appears around the curtain as I reached them. I look at him and he looks back at me.

"Boy's come on! Your late for sound check!" Josh called across to them. I kept staring at him. He was gorgeous.

"We will be there in 30 seconds mate. Sorry!" Niall yelled back. The boys ran to get to stage.

"What's up with you 2 then Isla?" Niall asked. I snapped out of my daydream and looked at him.

"Nothing. I haven't even met him. What are you talking about Niall? Go to sound check for god sake." I said all in one breath. Niall patted my back and smiled, shaking his head as he walked out of the room.

Josh's P.O.V

During sound check I couldn't take my eyes off of this girl. I first saw her when I walked into the meet and greet. I was walking through there as a short cut to get to the stage.

I saw her there laughing at the fans. That's what I did when I watched a meet and greet; How they get all worked up and cried. It's funny.

Then I saw her again going to tell Niall something, but I cut her off. She was so pretty and nice. She had something about her. It was like a sparkling aura.

And, during sound check all I could do was stare at her. She was back stage watching with three other girls. She was cheering and clapping and hitting 2 of the girls next to her when they got too exited. I wanted to just get off stage and talk to her already.

When we finally did finish sound check, she went off to talk to Niall. I was introduced by Harry to the other 3 girls who were stood with her. They were her sisters, Brooke, Scarlett and Lexi. The seemed nice. They didn't have the same aura as, apparently called, Isla. I wanted to go find her. So I took a wild guess as to where she was at.

I went to Niall's dressing room, and they were in there. I placed my ear gently against the door and listened to their conversation. No one in the hall really noticed me eves dropping because they were too busy getting the stage and everything ready for the concert. Niall was saying something, but I recon he had his face stuck in the fridge to see what he could eat.

Isla's P.O.V

"I think you should ask Josh out." Niall said. I could only just make out what he said because he had his head shoved in the fridge.

"Niall. Stop looking for things to eat! I don't just want to ask him out. I have never met the boy for god sakes." Niall finally came out of the fridge with a can of cola, a half eaten sandwich and a triple chocolate muffin.

"Then I will help you get to know him. I will drag him over to you." I sighed.

"Niall. It's not that simple. What if he doesn't like me?" Niall stopped eating and went wide eyed. "Everybody likes you. I haven't met one person who has met the real you and not liked you. Can you?" He asked. I thought about it and shook my head. "Well then. Just trust me. He will. Now, we should be getting back. The opening act starts in 20 minutes/" I nodded and we got up to leave.

Josh's P.O.V

Who does Isla like? Who is 'he'? Why don't they use names? Oh god the suspense is killing me. "Well then. Just trust me. He will. Now, we should be getting back. The opening act starts in 20 minutes" I heard Niall say.

"Oh, shit." I whispered to myself and ran through the corridor. I ran back to Harry, Zayn, Louis, Liam and the girls.

"Josh! Mate. Are you alright?" Liam asked stopping me from running. I looked at him and smiled.

"I'm alright. Thanks." I said. Niall and Isla walked around the corner and up to us all. She took a quick glimpse at me and smiled. Then she went to Liam and wrapped her arms around him. "Well, so much for that." I whispered for myself. Niall looked at me then made a gesture to Isla.

I walked over to him. "Niall, what do you want?" I asked. I was kinda pissed that Isla was with Liam. Niall looked at me and said, "What do you think of Isla? Do you think she's hot? Would you ever date her?" He was asking. I looked at him.

"Yeah she hot, and more. She's special. She has an amazing aura. But shes with Liam." He almost collapsed to the floor laughing. "Niall, mate. What's so funny as to your gonna piss your pants?" I asked.

He straightened up and said, "Liam and Isla aren't dating. Their best friends you twat!" A huge smile appeared on my face.

Louis' P.O.V

It's now 10:15pm! I am now going to tell everyone that our dancer is ill. I'm going to pretend to have a phone call then get really worried after it! I'm not the smartest, but this is a brilliant idea!

"Hello?" I said putting my phone to my ear. I waited a few seconds before shouting, "You what? But we need you here in 15 minutes!" This caught everyone's attention. I waited a few more seconds before saying. "Okay, bye." I shoved my phone back into my pocket and turned back to face the others.

"Excuse me, but you mind telling us what's wrong?" Zayn said getting impatient. I looked over all of their faces.

"Our dancer, Dina, she can't make the concert tonight!" Everyone started to freak. They were all mumbling to their selves. I said then, "There's only 3 options." Everyone looked back at me.

"Go on." Isla said.

"1: We can change the dance. But we only have 13 minutes left. So that's out of question." This was fun! "2: We just stand there and sing. We could do, but that's a bit boring." Then I took a deep breath

"3: We can get someone to fill in for her. Someone who knows all the steps." Everyone looked around at each other.

"But who?" Scarlett asked. I smiled wickedly at her. The moment I have been waiting for!

"Isla. You know all the dance steps and the songs. You do it!" She looked at me in surprise. Everyone else smiled. "I-I can't do it. I'm so s-sorry but I have mega st-tage fright." She stuttered quickly.

Nialls' P.O.V

Isla was begging us not to make her go on stage. I suddenly had a crazy idea. "Isla, babe. Listen to me. You have to sing back-up as well for the opening group. You know all the songs and-" She was shaking. Liam let go of her and passed her onto me.

"Look," I whispered in her ear. "I know it's scary but you will get over it. I was scared when I went on XFactor. To tell you the truth, I almost didn't do it." She squeezed me tighter when I said that. "But the point is, I will make sure your by Josh when your singing, alright? And when your dancing all 6 of us will be on stage with you." She had stopped trembling. She pulled away from me and looked me dead in the eye.

Then she said, "I will do it!" Everyone attacked her with hugs.

"We have 10 to go over the songs." Louis said. He pulled Isla away. I mouthed to her, 'good luck' and she mouthed back, 'thanks'.

When everyone was gone I pulled Josh away from the group. "Listen-, I said. "The thing is Isla really likes you and the only way she is going to be able to do this is if she stands next to you when she's singing. She's a good singer. Just don't get distracted. When she get's nervous comfort her. Got it?" I demanded. He nodded with bright wonderous eyes. "Good. Take care of her please." He nodded and ran off all happy chappy. He's a freak. That's why he fits in with us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 572 23
How could something so tragic happen to a sweet, loving girl like Maren Payne, little sister of Liam Payne who's 1/5 of the world famous boy band One...
84.2K 1.1K 28
One Direction. The biggest boyband right now. There debut album has just dropped, and the tour starts in a few months. But what happens when a girl...
2.3K 84 22
•Zayn Malik Fanfict• It has been about 10 years since One Direction has started. The boys' career has grown gradually slow. Sadly Zayn and Perrie ha...
13.4K 300 31
Jordan is just your average 17 year old teenager. Well except for the fact that she's depressed, cutting and living alone. After running away from h...