Acrimony: Until Death

By Twisted_Truths

Growing up with an image of how love truly is, Melinda never expected to be taken for a whirlwind of the exac... More

Summary & Cast
Dancing On My Own
In Love With Another Man
If Loving You is Wrong
Holding You Down
The Girl Is Mine
My Little Secret
Magnets
It Wasn't Me
I Know You Got A Man
He Don't Know Nothing About It
One Hundred Miles
Way Gone
PlanezzzzπŸ›«
Broken Rollie
They Don't Know
Say So
I Don't Need Your Love
To The Moon
Somebody Else
Decide
You Comfort Me
When I'm In Your Arms
Live Out Your Love
How Much Can A Heart Take
Never Knew
Sanctuary
He Loves Me
Take Care Of You
Never Thought
Relax
Fortunate
I Do
Rope Burn
Keep Your Head Up
Ghost (of Jealousy)
Threatened
Mama's Hand

Man Down

853 49 30
By Twisted_Truths

*Heyyyy. First things first. Don't forget to vote and comment. Secondly, if it's Italicized then it's Melinda in therapy. If it's Bold and Italicized then it's a flashback. Enjoy our newest venture and secure them wigs because babaaaaayyyyy. Yall not even ready😈😈*

Looking over the balcony, Melinda slowly walked towards the stairs finding it strange that Derrick had yet to respond to her calling his name. It didn't make it better that their Rottweiler Beaux had been growling and barking nonstop in the midst of the thunder roaring outside. Going down a few steps she heard something get bumped. "Derrick....... Derrick.......Der-" Her words cut off when she saw Robert standing in the living room just before Derrick rushed him, knocking him down. "DERRICK!!" She screamed as she ran downstairs. The two tussled on the floor, a vase falling off the end table. Realizing that yelling was getting her nowhere, she remembered a vital piece of information that could help in this situation.

Running over to the china cabinet, she reached behind it, grabbing the loaded gun that was behind it. Her hands shook as she cocked it back and pointed it at Robert. "Get off him!" She yelled, trying to steady her hands. "You gone shoot me now? Huh? ANSWER ME!" she squeezed her eyes shut, random tears falling down her face. When she opened them, he was a couple feet from in front of her, ready to snatch the gun from her hands. She pulled the trigger, aiming too high, pissing him off even more. If you were going to shoot at him, at least don't miss the kill shot.

He growled, grabbing the gun and pulling her towards him. A frantic scream left her soul when he back handed her, knocking the gun from her hands. She fell to the ground clutching her 4 month belly. He smirked at her, not even pretending as if he didn't already know. "You think that's finna save you? Huh? Nah that means nothing to me. It's not mine anyways. I don't want it," he hissed bending down and grabbing the weapon. She whimpered feeling the cold barrel against her skin. "Please....... please don't hurt my baby," she begged and pleaded. "Your baby....your fucking baby," he repeated, cynically nodding.

Hearing Derrick grunt as he stood up, Robert fired, hitting Derrick in the shoulder. Melinda wailed as she saw Derrick fall back, pushing Robert back as she ran to her injured man. She put pressure on the wound, babbling uncontrollably as she cried. "You're going to be okay. You hear me baby? You're going to be okay!" Robert rolled his eyes as he stomped towards her, snatching her by her thick tresses. She screamed, kicking her feet trying to get free as he pulled her towards the front door. A pounding sound alerted Mel, praying that Beaux got free from the closed room. "Owwwww!!!! BEAUX!!" She screamed out hearing the cracking sound of the door.

Once Robert got the first lock turned, the sound of a hole being bulldozed in the door before he could even turn the doorhandle on the front door. The sound of Beaux snarling filled Robert's ears as he let go of Melinda's hair, aiming at the dog. Missing the first 2 shots, Robert began to panic, not noticing Melinda crawl off. He yelled when Beaux latched onto leg, dragging him to the ground, his leg bleeding as the dog's lock jaw dug deeper into his flesh. Getting the gun turned around, Robert fired at Beaux. The last whimper of the dog made Melinda whimper into her hands. "FUCKKKK!!!" she jumped, making her way to the kitchen.

Panic filled the air as Melinda crouched down behind the counter. How did she end up running for her life? Her hands shaking as she tried to pull herself together. She needed to at least do that and quick before she lost her life. Spotting the house phone, she crawled over to it praying it would work. "Call 911. Pleaseeee work. God please," she silently begged as she hit 'talk' button. When she didn't hear a dial tone she angrily threw it. What the hell was she going to do now? A dark chuckle in the distance filled her ears making her spin around, trying to figure out where he was. "I'm guessing you noticed I cut all the power," Robert voiced as he walked down the stairs.

She grabbed a knife before heading towards the back door. It was taking the strength of black Jesus to leave Derrick inside bleeding to death but she had to get free. She had to get help if she wanted to save him............ and their unborn baby. "Oh come on Mel! Don't run from me! You never used to run from me before. Don't start now baby. I just want everything back to normal. We can go home and work things out and have a happy marriage. That's what you want right? A happy marriage? I can give you that! I got money! We rich baby. Just come back inside! Mel..... Mel........ MELINDA!!!!!"

"Melinda...... Melinda!" "WHAT!?" Melinda spat, realizing where she was. "What's going through your mind?" The therapist asked. "I'm wondering why the hell I'm here." "Are you angry?" Melinda scoffed, her foot shaking as she looked at this woman that she had to spill her life story to. "I'm agitated." "Why?" "............because I-" she took a deep breathe, shaking off those nerves. "He did this to me. This is all his fault. That mothafucka......" "Why do you feel this way?" The therapist questioned. "You don't know what he did to me........ you don't know," Melinda voiced, shaking her head. "Would you like to share what he did?" "Do I have a choice?"

"We all have choices." Mel laughed sarcastically. "Not when your family and your doctors think you need help. You know what! This is bullshit! Okay! That bastard gets to torment me and I'm here. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't even........" her voice cracked as she thought about being 4 months pregnant when Robert came in like a serial killer. She heard scribbling on a note pad and her eyes landed on it. "What are you writing?" "Just some notes." "What do your notes say huh? That I'm a stereotype? A broken miserable black woman?" The therapist put her pen down, giving Melinda her undivided attention.

"Is that what you think you are?" "Hell no! ......... everytime a black woman goes through something she becomes a stereotype. Even when she feel so empty inside somehow she becomes that mad black woman stereotype. 'She emasculates men' and all that bullshit." "Is that what you think you did?" "ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO ME?" Melinda snapped, growing more and more agitated by the constant questions but no solution. "I never did ANYTHING to him. I was everything he needed me to be. I was strong when he needed me. I played weak when he needed me to be...... I was pathetic. I was stupid and in love, not even knowing what love is."

"How about we start from the beginning? Help me understand where this is coming from. Just tell me what happened." Mel bit her lips to combat her nerves. She was tired. For the past year and a half she was awake. Her mind replaying what happened, over and over again like a reel. She couldn't shake it. Everyday she saw his face. Everyday she feared for her life. She didn't want to relive that part of her life. She wanted to move past it and get some rest. "How far do you want to go? I remember every single fucking day. That's the problem. I can't get it out of my head. Every second of every day plays in my mind nonstop. So how far back do want me to go?" "How did you meet him?"

August 23, 2002

Melinda walked into her high school Environmental Science class, taking a seat before the bell rang. "Can I sit here?" She heard a voice ask her. She looked up seeing this dark skinned, fine ass boy that she surprisingly had never seen before. "Uh sure. Who are you?" She asked. "My name is Robert. Who are you?" He was so mysterious. He held himself with such charisma. I was young. Hormones raging away but I was a good girl. I remember very clearly hearing my mother say turn your nose to them books and leave them boys right where they at and focus on your studies. I should've listened to her when it came to Robert.

"Hmmm...." she hummed ignoring his question. "Are you not going to tell me your name?" She pulled out her notebook, writing the date and class name at the top of the first page. Students piled into the classroom as the bell rang. "Hello hello everyone. How was your summer?" The teacher asked just as the sound of footsteps rushed around the corner. A tall lanky boy with terrible cystic acne and glasses dropped his pile of notes. Students started to snicker as they watched the known nerd picking up his paperwork. Rolling her eyes and shaking her head, Melinda got up helping the boy out.

"Thank you Mel," he voiced. "You know I got you Derrick. You good?" She asked, straightening his glasses on his face. "Yeah. Thank you." She smiled walking back to her seat. Robert watched her with intent. So she was actually a sweetheart with morals. I should've never let Robert sit next to me. I just felt his eyes on me for majority of the class. It made me hot. But I had a boyfriend at the time and it wasn't Derrick. It was Devon. "Please take a seat Mr. Collins." "Yes ma'am," Derrick voiced, taking a seat next to Melinda. As class drug on Robert found himself looking at Melinda wondering more on how to get her attention rather than about what the Earth is comprised of.

Melinda found herself drifting off to sleep mid notes. Derrick looked over and poked her with her pencil, waking her up. "What did I miss?" She whispered. Taking his notes out of his binder, Derrick handed her the notes he had finished, picking up on a new page. I don't know why I didn't pick Derrick. He was so sweet to me then. But no I had an image to uphold while keeping Devon a secret. But everyday Derrick looked out for me. But Robert.......Robert was so cocky in a way. I'm not going to say that I wasn't attracted to him. I was. He was handsome. Dark. Full of hope and dreams. The bell rang and Robert ran after Melinda.

"Hey! Mel!" "Melinda. My name is Melinda. I don't know you so don't be calling me Mel." Robert stared at her shocked. "Mel..... ummmm you have my notes still," Derrick interrupted them. "Oh shit my bad D. Here you go." "Thanks.... I'll make you a copy of the other ones if you want. Just let me know," Derrick spoke. "Thank you. What would I do without you?" Derrick chuckled, hiding his smile. "Well I gotta get to my last class. See you later Mel." She waved at him before glaring back at Robert. "Why does he get to call you Mel?" "Because I've known Derrick since freshman year. He happens to be a gentleman.... unlike you."

Robert laughed, dropping his head trying to wipe the smile off his face. "Well my name is Robert Gayle. I'm just now registered to this school." Mel pursed her lips. "What school did you come from?" She asked. "It's a long story. I've bounced around the last couple of years." That was the little bullshit he would do when he was lying. His mother died and he stayed with his aunt. Doing dumb shit like robbing convenience stores. That was red flag number one. "Look just let me get to know you. I can guarantee it'll be worth it. Plus I could help you in this class. I don't know how you're going to pass a class if you sleep through it." Red flag number two.

"I'm good. If I need help I'll ask Derrick. He's going to be valedictorian anyways. Smartest boy in this school," Mel told him, catching him scoff at her comment. "Yeah we'll see if that shit is true on graduation day." She rolled her eyes at him, was that supposed to be cute? Spotting Devon, she pushed her hair behind her ear. "Hey babe," she voiced, walking up to him. "What's up? Who is this?" Melinda shrugged, giving Devon her backpack to hold. "You want me to walk you to last class?" Devon questioned. "Yeah. I'm hungry. Can we stop and grab something to eat before you take me home today?" She asked, not looking back at Robert.

Getting home a little later, she got out of the car, placing a peck on Devon's cheek. June and Brenda walked outside the house. "Ooooooooh. Is that the boy you been sneaking on the phone with at 1am?" Brenda asked. "You know mama is planning on cutting the phone off because of you," June added. "Mama is planning on cutting the phone off because she caught Brenda and Kalvin having phone sex. Mind the business that pays you. Or fucks you. Whichever it is," Melinda snapped back. "Who are you talking to like that!?" Brenda snapped. ".........you? Yeah you." "Mama gonna kick your butt." "Mamagonnakickyourbutt," Melinda mocked. Hated those bitches.

"Why do you always have an attitude? Are you having sex?" "With who June?" "Ummmm the boy you been riding from school with." Melinda groaned as she grabbed a cup of water. "No June. Devon and I just started to get acquainted. I'm not thinking about that right now. I want to graduate high school. I'm just having fun." Brenda crossed her arms across her chest. She didn't believe an single word that came out of her baby sister's mouth. "And what are you going to do when you graduate?" Brenda tossed out. I really didn't know what I wanted to do after that. My sister was expecting me to go to college but I wasn't smart. I never thought go to college.

"You're going to college like all of us have." "Brenda-" "No I'm not. You know I'm not good at this school life. Maybe I'll just settle down and get married. Stand by my man like mama did with daddy," Melinda suggested. Brenda and June shared a questioning look. "Mama stayed by daddy's side, never earning a single dime in her name and now look at what she's doing after daddy's death. Working day and night to take care of this house and you. That is not what you want," Brenda pointed out. "You don't know what I want. I don't even know what I want." Sad to say this but she was right. I didn't want that but I was too young and dumb to realize that.

"Why do you feel that your sisters were right?" Because they were. I remember the talk I had with my mom that night. We were so close. So damn close. Later that night Melinda knocked on her mother's door, peeking her head inside to see if she was still awake. "What you doing girl?" Beverly questioned, putting her notebook down. "Nothing. I just wanted to talk to you about something." Beverly waved her over laughing at Melinda bouncing onto the bed. "Do you regret not having your own career?" Melinda blurted out. Looking down at her daughter, Beverly thought about the question. "No. I didn't regret it because I had your father. Who was loving and kind. He was a hard worker. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to stay home without worrying."

Melinda sighed as she laid in her mother's lap. "Why do you ask?" "I told Brenda that it's okay if I wanted to just be a house wife. I don't know why she gets so upset about me not choosing college off the bat." Beverly chuckled to herself. Her girls were always trying to control Mel's life. "I been trying to get your sister to understand that the only life she needs to worry about is her own for years. But I also don't want you to settle. There's a whole world out here and you should take the opportunity to explore it. College could be the way for you to do that. If not then that's okay too baby." She massaged Mel's scalp, seeing her relax. "But since we're talking about settling, what's this I hear about a boyfriend of yours?"

"Ma!" "Mmhmm don't be trynna hide now. Your sisters run they mouth too much for you to be hiding a boyfriend. And I'm hurt. I thought you would've told me before they got a chance to." Melinda buried her face in the comforter, hiding her embarrassment. "Am I in trouble?" She asked in a muffled voice. "If you don't bring this boy to meet me then you are. I need to make sure my baby is safe out here. It's some crazy people in the world. There's some abusive people in this world too not just physically either. Invite him for dinner. Then I'll determine what punishment you get." Mel picked up her head, saying yes ma'am before giving her mother a kiss goodnight.

"Do you feel that your relationship with your mother plays a role in your relationship with Robert?" The therapist interrupted. "You wanted to know about my life from the first time I met Robert. Of course my relationship with my mama plays a role in that. She was everything to me. She was the reason I was ready to be a helpful, at home wife. I looked up to her. I realized that as the school year progressed," Mel zoned out. "So tell me about the next time you had an encounter with Robert." Sighing, Melinda thought back to the following week in class. "I ignored him and sat next to Derrick for the rest of the week out of respect for Devon. But the way he grabbed my attention that next Monday......."

She walked into class spotting a card on her desk with her name on it. She looked at Derrick who was frantically writing down some random thoughts he had about the lesson from the class before. "Did you leave this on my desk?" She asked him as she sat down. Derrick looked at her with soft eyes and shook his head. "Does Derrick hold some type of significance to you?" Derrick is the man that I was with when Robert decided to destroy my entire life. Robert had always been jealous of Derrick. Even back then. "Hmmm maybe Devon snuck in here....." she voiced as she began to read the note. Derrick watched on silently, his hazel green eyes sparkling as he drank in her smooth mocha skin.

Dearest Melinda, I apologize for the terrible first impression. I confess that my social skills are not the best. I won't bore you with the stories of my life but just know that I'll never come at you that way ever again. Please forgive me,

Robert V. Gayle

You wanna know the crazy part about this encounter. I didn't even see him. He didn't come back into class before or after the bell rang. Probably found some hussy to suck his little weedwacker. But my dumb self didn't think that. I don't know why but I felt like he needed some help. What kind of help? I'm not sure. But I thought about him periodically. "Even with a boyfriend?" What can I say? I was drawn to his danger. His fire was addicting, no matter how deadly it was. When you're in denial about someone being crazy, you tend to develop a hint of crazy your own self. Wouldn't you say so?

TBC
VOTE AND COMMENT
WHAT YALL THINKING???
THIS BOOK WILL BE UPDATED EVERY MONDAY UNLESS IT'S A HOLIDAY WEEK THEN THERE WILL BE 2 UPDATES.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 2.2K 47
"𝐌𝐘 π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„" One year is all it takes for strangers to become deep lovers. One Year contract marriage is all takes to attracti...
15.9K 732 45
We watched movies of Alian invasion. We heard folklore for Mythological creatures like Mosters and Demons. Books were published on our favorite Super...
736K 21.9K 83
Sylvie, 16, sees colours, where other people only hear words or feel emotions. She knows she has to keep this a secret - as people disappear to insti...
356K 5.4K 32
(Editing) THIS IS A BDSM BOOK. DON'T LIKE IT? SKIP IT DON'T REPORT!! "No, no, please, I can't take it anymore! Please. Daddy..!" I keep begging him t...