Awakened

By Wricaso

Disclaimer : This story is a complete work of fiction and this in no way intends to hurt anyone's religious b... More

A word from the author
Achievements
Achievements 2.0
The Delightful Trauma Series
Series Covers
Graphics Part - I
Graphic Gift
Characters I
Characters II
Chapter 1: Unnatural changes
Chapter 2: Answered all the unanswered
Chapter 3: Hard to accept the Reality
Chapter 4: Meeting the destiny
Chapter 5: The Night Sky
Chapter 6: A stroll under the stars
Chapter 7 - The shock
Chapter 8 - The past
Chapter 9 - The Decision
Chapter 10 - The Changes
Chapter 11 - Support and Assurance
Chapter 12 - The Ceremony
Chapter 13 - Understanding the duties
Chapter 14 - The Vows
Chapter 15 - New start
Chapter 16 - Unsettling peace
Chapter 17 - Something is not right
Chapter 18 - The Final Stroke
Chapter 19 - All the limits crossed
Chapter 20 - Harmony
Chapter 21 - Disclosure
Chapter 22 - The Anguish
Chapter 23 - Promise
Chapter 24 - End of agony?
Chapter 25 - Punishment
Chapter 26 - Reunion
Chapter 27 - Cryptic Stranger
Chapter 28 - Vanished in thin air
Chapter 29 - Forgotten memory
Chapter 30 - Is it the end?
Chapter 31 - Close Escape
Chapter 32 - A new journey
Chapter 33 - Guests in forest
Chapter 34 - Some enlightenment
Chapter 35 - Enchanted forest
Chapter 36 - Kamyaka Story
Chapter 37 - Separation
Chapter 38 - Dreams
Chapter 39 - The Lose
Chapter 40 - Half Truth?
Chapter 41 - The Dance of Fury
Chapter 42 - Birth of Power
Chapter 43 - The Curse
Chapter 44 - Seven steps
Chapter 45 - The end of atrocities
Chapter 47 - Agony of a mother
Chapter 48 - Suffocation
Chapter 49 - Scared Siblings
Chapter 50 - Holi Celebration
Chapter 51 - Janmashtami Special
Chapter 52 - Back Home
Chapter 53 - Prison
Chapter 54 - Reasons
Chapter 55 - The Dilemma
Chapter 56 - Indraprasth
Chapter 57 - New Phase
Chapter 58 - Sufferings
Chapter 59 - Test
Chapter 60 - Afraid
Chapter 61 - Broken Hearts
Chapter 62 - Secrets out
Chapter 63 - First Love
Chapter 64 - The Talk
Chapter 65 - Homecoming
Chapter 66 - Replacement
Chapter 67 - One Soul
Chapter 68 - The Ultimate Truth
Chapter 69 - Misinterpretation
Chapter 70 - Taking Charge
Chapter 71 - Start of War
Chapter 72 - A Day to Remember
A little break
Chapter 73 - Conversation
Chapter 74 - Bond of Eternity
Chapter 75 - Justified
Chapter 76 - Sagarika
Chapter 77 - Entertainment
Chapter 78 - Forgotten Promise
Chapter 79 - Curse
Chapter 80 - Brightest Star
Epilogue
The Elysian Arcane
Overwhelmed
100k views
Excitement and Announcement
The Bygone Empress
A very important note
Self Interview
Thank you note
I was pranked
200k!
Book 3 - Drowned

Chapter 46 - Silence talks

3.7K 230 146
By Wricaso

Author's POV

They both stood at their places looking at each other. Don't know what kind of an irony was this that they finally won a war they have been fighting for a million years and at the same time they lost their first child.

A thin sheet of tears covered their eyes that refused to escape as they remembered their first meet as Yudhishthir and Vagmi and as Yudhishthir as Aahana. They wanted to laugh at the similarity. Same moon, same stars, same night sky, same heavy breaths, same nervousness and same giddiness.

They fell short of words as they didn't know how to speak and what to speak. It was like no words existed in their vocabulary that can describe their feelings right now.

They let their eyes talk today as they spoke volumes. Their nervous breaths conveying the message of their pain. Their wild heartbeats telling that nothing has changed in these million years.

Were they happy? Maybe a little more than that.

Were they sad? Maybe a little less yet more than that?

Were they over the moon? Maybe a little more than that?

Were they craving for each other? Craving is a small word to define their emotion right now.

Yudhishthir forgot everything as in the next moment he was standing in front of her as he pulled her in a bone crushing hug making Aahana gasp. Her hands wrapped around him, gathering him in her small arms as much as possible. She was probably having a hard time breathing. Does it matter right now? Nope, not at all.

The only question that came in their mind was,

Was it worth it? Hell yes.

They kept hugging each other tight, there was no space for even air to pass. A few tears were escaping their eyes but no one tried to wipe them. They were the proof of their feelings, of their win. I love you was not enough to express their emotions. The 'L' word in their case was not so meaningful right now.

Millions of years of wait can't be regarded as just 'love'. It's devotion. They both were devoted to each other. They proved their devotion that even destiny, history and the laws of nature had to bend on their knees in front of them. 

Aahana hugged him back with equal passion and desperation. Their heart beats were wild but synchronized, eyes closed but had pearls of love. Their penance was successful. Their devotion was pure. Each second was like a silent prayer, their proximity felt like a worship.

It is said that we remember a good conversation because it felt good. We never remember the words exchanged but just how it felt. It was just the case with them. No words were spoken, they just felt each other's scent, their touch, their love.

In this moment no words mattered. So Yudhishthir said what justified their situation according to him.

"You won." He silently whispered as his hot breath fanned her ear.

"No!" She whispered as she took a deep breath.

"We won!" She said as she clutched him tightly, her nails digging in his back.

Both of them broke the hug and Yudhishthir peppered her face with light kisses. She closed her eyes at the sensation. They both knew that they were ecstatic at their win and at the same time broken. They felt the pain. He pulled her in a slow and earth shattering kiss making her realize that no matter what happens, they both will face it together.

Without any words exchanged, both of them laid on the bed. They hugged each other tightly, their legs entangled as their breaths mixed with each other.

They got exactly what they wanted i.e. assurance and love. No conversation, no words could've comforted them as the sound of their breaths and silence did.

***

The day of Draupadi's wedding came sooner than expected. It was just after two days after they arrived in panchal. Though Aahana and Draupadi bonded well, they never mentioned Aahana's miscarriage and Draupadi's wedding.
They talked about everything except these two things. Maharaj Drupad, Drishtadyumna and Shikhandini were relieved that Draupadi found a sister.

Right now, Draupadi sat alone in her room. Maids and ladies would come anytime now to get her ready. All the nervousness that she buried in her heart now resurfaced. Questions raised in her mind yet again. Was she doing right? Will people ever accept her? Won't they question her chastity and purity?

"Bhaiya, I think this time, you should go and talk to her. Your words will comfort her more than anyone else's." Aahana said as she stood with Shri Krishna.

"Sure. But remember, come exactly after five minutes." Aahana nodded at his words as Shri Krishna entered panchali's chamber.

"Sakhi!" He called her lovingly as she turned around to find him smiling at her.

"Govind!" She exclaimed as she ran towards him.

"How do you do it? Whenever I am about to fall in a pit of questions, you always come to take me out of it." She exclaimed as she sighed in relief. Shri Krishna laughed.

"Sakhi, I just go wherever I feel that people might need me. Now tell me, what's the matter?" She turned around again as now her back faced Shri Krishna.

"Govind, is this marriage dharma? Won't people question my character?"

"Sakhi, you took this decision considering everyone's feelings and pain. You took this decision without thinking about your own feelings. Anything that is done keeping everyone's betterment in mind is dharma." He said as he came in front of her.

"And about your character, you willingly made your life a penance Draupadi. The one who will question your chastity will be burnt by your purity. The whole world will remember your sacrifice."

"But Govind-"

"May I interrupt your conversation?" Aahana said as she entered as instructed. Shri Krishna asked her to enter after five minutes. He knew Draupadi had many more questions in mind but life is all about finding answers to your questions. He wanted Draupadi to find her answers herself.

"Its time for you to get ready." Aahana said as she approached Draupadi.
She held her shoulders.

"Draupadi, what you are doing is not easy. No woman would've done that. You are the strongest woman I have come across. Remember, I'm proud of you and I am always there for you." Draupadi smiled as again Aahana's words worked like magic.

"Now you mister, please excuse us." Aahana turned to her brothers who raised his hands in surrendered and ran away mumbling 'women' as both the ladies laughed.

Aahana's POV

Right now, we stand here in front of the mandap as the wedding rituals are about to get over. Draupadi was the most beautiful bride in the world but she lacked the most important jewelry, her smile.

Her face was emotionless. This made me worried. I sighed as I stood beside my husband. Now I understood why jyesht was bought into the picture. Because arya made a promise to me. Destiny sure has its way. This way Draupadi's boon as well as arya's promise remained intact.

Somewhere or the other, I was a little happy that she did not marry arya because of two reasons.

One, I cannot share my husband. I might sound selfish or jealous but I can't help. I am possessive about my love. I've fought way too hard for it and honestly, I am tired now.

Second, now arya don't have any rights on Draupadi. So she won't be staked in the dice game. This was the sole reason of my happiness.

I sighed as I continued showering flowers. Suddenly my eyes widened at realization. My breath started coming in short pants as a few flowers fell from my hand.

I looked at bhaiya to see his expression. His eyes met mine as I noticed his expressions. He had a serious expression on his face that scared me to death. His smile was not reaching his eyes.

I felt like air was sucked out of my lungs. I looked towards my right. Arya smiled at me but I couldn't return that back. I averted my gaze.

"Aahana, love are you okay? You seem sick." I heard arya as he looked at me concerned.

"No arya, it's nothing. Maybe I'm tired." I gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Love, I told you not to stress yourself.  You are still weak." He said.

"It's fine. Now we'll get plenty of time to rest in Dwaraka." I said and he sighed.

I again went back to my thoughts.

Was it true? If not Draupadi then will I be the one who will be staked in the dice game?

I again looked at arya and he smiled at me.

No, this won't happen. He will not stake me. I'm sure. He loves me too much to do that. He will not stake his dharma.

But will he choose his dharma in front of his dharm?

I closed my eyes at my thoughts. I took deep breaths. I should have faith in god and him. Whatever will happen is  future which is not in my hands. I should focus on the present.

Somehow, I became normal as the rituals got over. Draupadi and my brother in laws were taking everyone's blessings. They came towards us as bhaiya also joined us.

"Sakhi, now there is a problem. Aahana is also elder to you and younger to you. Now you decide what will you consider her." Bhaiya said as Draupadi smiled for the first time.

"I already consider her my jiji Govind." She said as she bent down to take my blessings as I stopped her midway.

"Draupadi, my brothers have taught me that sister's place is in our hearts." I said as I pulled her in a hug.

"Welcome to the family panchi." I said.

My four younger brothers took our blessings as we blessed them. I and arya saw maharaj Drupad approaching us.

"Putri Aahana, putra Yudhishthir you both are known for your righteousness. My daughter is married to great men but as a family, I request you to be with her. And putri Aahana, especially you. I don't know why but knowing that you will be there with my daughter is a big relief for me. I hope I can trust you." He said.

"Maharaj, don't think that we are taking your daughter as our daughter in law. We are taking our daughter from your home." I said politely.

"She is absolutely right maharaj. You don't have to worry, Draupadi is our family now." Arya said as I saw maharaj Drupad sighing in relief.

"Thank you. You don't know that you both have lifted such a big weight from my shoulders. I will get things ready for your comfortable journey to Dwaraka tomorrow." He said as he left.

Soon we all indulged in a conversation. What shocked me was no rules were laid as of now for their married life.

My pain of loosing my child and my doubt of will I be staked or not has been buried in my heart for now. I don't know for how long I will be able to keep my feelings to myself.

Hey folks, did you like the chapter?

I thought no words or conversation would justify Yudhishthir's and Aahana's state of mind and heart. I hope you liked the interaction between them. Please do tell me about it. It was pretty hard to put it together.

Which one was your favorite moment?

Comment down your views.

Don't forget to vote.

Until next time, stay safe and keep smiling!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.1K 4.2K 81
Evi, a Human experiment of the 21st century, the finest weapon of mass destruction, finds herself in an unfathomable dilemma as she is forced to face...
3K 232 30
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・*✧・゚:*✧・゚: 🅂🄴🅀🅄🄴🄻 🅃🄾 🄺🄰�...
30.6K 2.7K 54
~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industries, now the Crown Princess of Hastinapur...
17.3K 916 34
.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩...