𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒂: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒐𝒍𝒅...

By TheGoldenAgeOfNarnia

"Ettinsmoor? Is that what we're calling it now?" Imira asked. "Better than 'the northern lands the Ettins inh... More

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 | 𝑶𝒖𝒕𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 | 𝑰𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 | 𝑻𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 | 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 | 𝑳𝒚𝒄𝒊𝒂 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 | 𝑺𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒌 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 | 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 | 𝑾𝒊𝒏𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 | 𝑨 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒑 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 | 𝑩𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 | 𝑵𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 | 𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 | 𝑫𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑬𝒅𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 | 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓 | 𝑬𝒅𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔 | 𝑫𝒐 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆? |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 | 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖 | 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗 | 𝒀𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 | 𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟒 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏 | 𝑬𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒚 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑 | 𝑩𝒂𝒅 𝑯𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒔|
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 | 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓 | 𝑺𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒔, 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒘𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔 | 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕 | 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒂 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖 | 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗 | 𝑳𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝑷𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎 | 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏 | 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐 | 𝑫𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑬𝒅𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒 | 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓 | 𝑷𝒔𝒚𝒄𝒉𝒐 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒍 |
- • -
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖 | 𝑫𝒆𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗 | 𝑳𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎 | 𝑮𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 |
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑪𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐 | 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒚, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑 | 𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆-𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒈 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒 | 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔' 𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒍 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓 | 𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔 | 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒉𝒘𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒎 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕 | 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟖 | 𝑴𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟗 | 𝑮𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏 | 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟐 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟑 | 𝑬𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒖𝒕 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓 | 𝑩𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟔 | 𝑻𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕 | 𝑼𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖 | 𝑨 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒌 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟗 | 𝑵𝒆𝒘𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑨𝒏𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 60 | Back to Cair Paravel |
Chapter 61 | At Anvard |
Chapter 62 | Rabadash the Riddiculous |
Chapter 63 | The Storm |
Chapter 64 | The Light |

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑 | 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝑮𝒂𝒍𝒎𝒂 |

165 15 1
By TheGoldenAgeOfNarnia

IMIRA 

The castle of Galma sits on the easter part of the island. Compared to other castles I've visited, it's not very impressive. That's not to say there's nothing to it, it's nice and airy and the views from up there are gorgeous, but it is also small and not very tall. The stone it's made of is the same colour as sand and the banners that hang from its walls and the flags that fly on its towers are green. Reaching it takes us about an hour, for the streets of Galma are very narrow and busy with merchants, peasants, children, travellers, beggars and soldiers. Curiously enough, the closer we get to the castle, the thicker the crowd gets. It is usually the other way around. As we ride through the streets I listen closely to what the peasants are talking about, realizing soon the reason behind all the commotion: they are here for very wedding we have come to stop.

At last, we reach the castle, but we find ourselves arriving too late.

There, standing on the balcony, smiling and waving at a cheering crowd while rose petals fly in the air, are Darren and Danielle.

We are too late. We are too late and she is now my family.

I feel my heart in my throat, racing as it does during battle, as my breaths become deeper and longer as I try to control my rushing emotions. I stare at them, the happy couple. I feel sick. I know Darren, I grew up with him and, sure, I was absent for a while, but I know him enough to know this is not like him. He would never get married and not invite us. Even if he was at odds with Dean, James, and me, he would at least invite his other cousins.

After a little while, Danielle spots me. She spots me and smiles smugly down at me and waves.

"This won't be easy," Peter whispers by my right.

"It won't," I agree. Darren looks very happy and, as I said before, I know him. He won't go without making a fuss. "But it has to be done,"  

Our bannerman, Lord Garit, has barely started reading the charges (Peter and I came up with more ideas as the S.H. came closer to dock and redacted a document) when Darren interrupts him.

"Under arrest?" Darren asks baffled. "For what charges?" He demands.

It doesn't seem like he's taking this very seriously.

"For starters, theft of a Royal Vessel," our bannerman says.

"You have got to be joking," Darren turns to me. "This is a joke, isn't it?"

"We are not joking, Darren. We are completely serious," I tell my cousin as the guards approach to restrain them.

We managed to get through the crowd and were met by the Duke himself, Danielle's uncle. He welcomed us warmly and took us to the throne room where we were soon met by the "happy couple" and the rest of the Duke's court. A feast had been prepared and there were flowers and decorations all around. For a hastened wedding, they seemed to have everything sorted out. I wanted to do this in private, but Darren demanded to know what we were doing there.

"Wha- don't touch me!" he shakes them off outraged, and his own guards, Datramites, step in to protect them. "If anyone should be placed under arrest if that friend of yours, Lord Stryder. He kidnapped me," Darren states for all to hear, pointing at himself. As if there was any doubt who he was referring to in his last sentence.

The crowd starts hushing and out guards hesitate.

I knew he'd bring this up.

"He did not," I reply calmly. "That was Prince Dean. And he was acting under the orders of King James," I state for all to hear.

"And it doesn't negate the fact that your Highness and the Lady stole one of our vessels," Peter adds, reeling the conversation back to topic.

"You said I could make use of your ships anytime I so desired," Darren turns to me accusingly as if I had somehow set him up.

Is he serious? "I said you were always welcome to request a vessel. You cannot simply take a ship whenever you please,"

"That's all technicalities," Darren huffs. "If the ship's what you're here for, she's in the port. Feel free to take her back. But I'm telling you, that's all you'll be taking back. Lady Danielle and I are going nowhere," Darren says, taking Danielle's hand and trying to leave, but our guards block their path. His guards are about to take out their swords. If we don't go the other route, this will turn into a bloodshed. This really leaves us with no other choice.

"The ship is not the only reason we came all the way here," I add. "And those are not the only charges,"

He huffs and turns back to face us.

"Very well, do go on," he says annoyed and I look back at the bannerman, motioning for him to continue and read the rest.

"Lady Danielle you are hereby charged with theft of a royal vessel, abandonment of your courtly duties, and harbouring of a criminal,"

"What?" she asks outraged. "Which criminal?!"

"Prince Darren," I say as emotionless as I can and the room gasps.

"That's ridiculous, I am not a criminal, I am a Prince. And she didn't steal any ship," Darren defends her as our guards move forward and his stand clear of the path tho her. They, however, still protect Darren.

"Let go of me you fools!" she struggles, but she is no match to our Narnian guards.

"I'm afraid that's a matter to be determined at court," Peter states. "Bannerman, proceed,"

"Prince Darren: for theft of a royal vessel, disobeying a royal command, evading your royal duties, and breaking of the Old Laws, you are hereby placed under arrest," our bannerman reads.

"What? Those charges are ridiculous! You have no authority!" Darren shouts at us. His guards look very confused. "And you know King James got rid of the old marriage laws when his rule began, that accusation is unfounded," he points me.

"Only those concerning betrothals," I remind him. Did he think I wasn't paying attention after I came back? "In accordance to the Black Law, any marriage involving a member of the royal family bust be approved by the King. You, cousin, do not have King James' approval. The Black Law stands," I declare. "And seeing as you have broken it, as well as committed other crimes and neglected your duties, you must face the consequences of your decision. Guards," I turn to the Datramite guards, "arrest the Prince,"

"My guards don't obey you, they are loyal to me," Darren says, and his guards back him up. "You have no authority to command them," my cousin challenges. "We are not your subjects and Galma is not under your control. You cannot do this,"

"Uncle, do something," Danielle turns pleadingly to the Duke.

"Forgive me, Your Majesties, but the Prince speaks the truth," the Duke intervenes. "Lady Danielle is a Galmian and Prince Darren is Datramite. They are not your subjects therefore you cannot arrest them here. Galma is a sovereign state, and you are Narnians. You have no authority over them,"

"Only I do have the authority," Peter says and takes out of his pocket the order James sent us. In desperate times... "In the absence of King James and on his behalf, I Peter, first of my name, High King of Narnia named by the Lion himself, Emperor of the Lone Islands, Lord of Cair Paravel, and Duke of Ardenton, under the terms of the Narnian-Datramite allegiance, come here to place Prince Darren under arrest for crimes against my nation and treason against Datram as per this order of arrest, signed by King James of Datram himself," "Guards," I turn to the Datramites, "arrest Prince Darren in the name of King James,"

Peter shows the order to the Duke and the leader of Darren's guard and the room erupts into chaos.

The Duke's court talking, Darren shouting we have no right and telling Peter he is not the Duke of Ardenton while his guards try to decide who to listen to, and Danielle crying this is an injustice and that she's a princess of Datram now (where did she get that idea from!? If Darren still had his title, she'd be a Duchess at best. Maybe a Grand Duchess if James was feeling generous) and that they should unhand her at once. Peter and I just stand patiently waiting for the Duke and the head guard to finish reading while the newlyweds scream at us.

We speak the truth and it is all in there. There is no way the Duke can deny us. We are within our rights.

They finish reading and the Head Guard orders his peers to arrest Darren, who, of course, puts up a fight.

The Duke looks around the room (which quiets down as he does so) with an unreadable expression until he lands eyes on Danielle.

"While this is all in order and there is nothing I can do for the Prince," The Duke starts, "Lady Danielle is still a Galmian. Neither Your Majesties nor the King of Datram has any authority over our citizens,"

"If I may, My Lord," Peter intervenes. He and I discussed this on the ship in case we arrived too late and Danielle tried using being a Galmian in order to avoid the charges. She can't have her cake and eat it too. If she so desperately wanted to marry my cousin, she's going to have to deal with everything it entails. "When Lady Danielle married Prince Darren, she became a citizen of Datram. Therefore, we have the right to charge her."

I nod for the guards to proceed. Enough with this circus.

"Your Lordship is welcome to attend the trial," Peter adds. "I ensure you it will be a fair one,"

The room breaks into chaos once more.

"You cannot do this. I am a Galmian!" Danielle shrieks, fighting the guards as Darren is being dragged outside (though a lot of struggle and a few obscenities).

I did not want it to become such an embarrassment ordeal, but with them resisting, what else are we to do.

"I am afraid the High King stands correct," the Duke tells her. "I am terribly sorry, my dear, but the matter is out of my hands," he says, though he doesn't sound very sorry for her.

"No. Uncle," she struggles, but the guards lead her out. "You cannot do this! You have to help me, you can't..." her voice is drowned out as she is taken away by the whispering of the court. 

The trip back to Cair Paravel is much faster than the trip to Galma and we manage to arrive the next morning in time with the sun.

"I know he's our prisoner now, but he's my cousin. Can't we hold him in his quarters until James gets here?" I whisper Peter as Darren and Danielle are being taken away to the cell block.

"You know very well how easy it is to sneak out of there. We can't risk it happening again," That's true. There are many ways to leave that compound without being noticed. Climbing out the window, going to the roof, using the passages... "But we'll provide them with every comfort available,"

That's reassuring.

On our way up to the castle, we stop briefly to send a raven to my brother. We had written a long letter the previous afternoon recounting everything that happened as well as asked him to come and fetch them. We've already captured them for him, that's enough favours for now.

We reach our quarters without running into anybody, thankfully, and I throw myself on the bed and start thinking about how much Darren must hate me.

"Do you want to have some breakfast?" Peter asks me after a while from the other side of the room. I sit upon my elbow and spot a servant at the door.

"Sure," I'm not hungry, but I can eat. "Can we have it up here?"

"That's the plan," Peter replies and goes back to talking to the servant.

I go back to staring at the ceiling.

"Am I a terrible cousin?" I ask after a while. I don't know what Pete'rs doing, but he closed the door a few minutes ago and it sounds like he's going through some papers.

"We just carried out the law, that's all," Peter says and then I hear him walking towards me.

I turn my head right and see him taking off his shoes.

"Well, it wasn't pretty," I say and then turn back to the ceiling.

"It could have been worse," Peter replies as he lays facing down on his side of the bed. "There could have been a fight,"

"Wasn't there?"

"Could have been worse," Peter shrugs.

"So, what? We're lucky?" I ask sarcastically.

"Maybe,"

We were just finishing breakfast and were about to head to the baths when Edmund walked in.

"Perfect, I heard you were back," he says with this weird look of mischief. "Listen, you've got to hear this," he says with a sense of urgency.

"Hear what?" Peter asks, confused as to what he's referring to.

"We've figured it out," Edmund says, turning to me with a small smile.

Oh, he's speaking about what made Lord Roy and Dean fall in love with Danielle. Blimey, I had nearly forgotten about that! What, with everything that happened at Galma thair predicament was nearly erased from my mind.

"You have?" So fast? Huh, perhaps I should have asked for his help from the very beginning.

"Figured what out?" Peter asks, still not sure what Ed's referring to.

"What happened to Lord Roy and Prince Dean," Edmund explains.

"Oh, that," He must have forgotten.

"Yes, that. You were right, Imira. Their behaviour wasn't normal. Someone did something to them,"

"Really?"

"Yes. We have confirmation beyond doubt. And it does relate to Lady Danielle," Edmund reveals.

"Are you serious?!" I jump to my feet. "I knew it. I knew she was involved. So, what happened? What made them fall in love with her?"

"A love potion," Edmund says. "And it is our belief it has also affected Prince Darren,"

"A love potion?" Peter and I ask at the same time.

Edmund nods.

But of course! That makes perfect sense. I can't believe I did not think of this before!

"But how is that possible?" Peter asks.

"It's a bit of a long story, just... I think it's better if you come with me. You really ought to hear it from Lord Roy,"

"We were about to head for the baths," Peter stops him. "We can't just leave for Lord Henry's,"

"Oh, but he's here. And so is Prince Dean. They've gone back to normal," Edmund says enthusiastically.

"What, you've cured him as well?! That's bloody brilliant!" I could hug him. I could kiss him. I could throw him a parade!

"I know," he smiles proudly, as he should.

"How'd you do it?" Peter asks.

"It was Lucy, actually," Edmund reveals.

"Lucy?" Peter says confused.

"With her cordial. It broke the spell. That thing can really cure anything," 

Edmund calls for a meeting and within two hours we have all been brought up to speed. Them (them being Edmund, Lucy, Thea, Phoebe, Henry, Dean and Roy -who are back to normal and a little pissed-) with what happened at Galma and us with how Lady Danielle's mother used a love potion on Roy when he broke into her home to make him malleable and forget about what he saw there and loyal to his daughter, and then how she thought Dean to be Darren and used the same potion on him to persuade him to marry Danielle.

"We suspect she used it before on Darren as well because as soon as I said the marriage was off she offered me a cup of tea," Dean says. "It's all a little blurry afterwards, but it seems to me like she was prepared,"

"And when I was in Lady Danielle's room I found many more vials of that potion," Lord Roy says. "And she had a list with Prince Darren's name circled. The parchment looked old. She must have targeted him since he came and used that potion to get him to like her,"

"I've had her arrested," Edmund adds.

"You what?" Peter asks, stunned.

"Well, confined to her quarters," Ed clarifies. "We searched Lady Danielle's room for the box Lord Roy says he saw, but we never found it. She must have gotten rid of it, or hidden it elsewhere. We couldn't find it in the entire house,"

"But was this all Lady Danielle's mother doing, or was Danielle in on it?" Peter asks.

"I asked myself the same thing," Edmund says. "The box was found in Lady Danielle's room, but we cannot say for certain it wasn't all her mother's doing. I questioned her and she said it was all her, but she could just be protecting her daughter,"

"We could question Lady Danielle," Henry suggests. "Now that Your Majesties have arrested her, we could question her,"

"We shall undoubtedly question her, though I doubt she'd confess very easily," Edmund tells him. "However, now that you've brought both of them back, we can free Prince Darren from the enchantment and ask him ourselves," 

Peter orders for Darren to be brought up and, as soon as he sees Dean and Henry, he goes berserker. It takes all the men to keep him under control, and even so, Dean takes a punch to the face and Henry a nasty kick.

"Now, Lu," Edmund says as they hold him down, kneeling, and force his mouth open.

Lucy approaches cautiously but quickly and drops a drop from her cordial before backing away rapidly. 

Darren seems to calm down a bit, but still, I grab Lucy's wrist and pull her behind me. On the farther corner of the room, Ladies Phoebe and Thea stand scarred. 

Darren stops struggling after a while and the men decide to let him go. 

He looks... disoriented. He looks at me and Lucy and then at Thea and Phoebe before turning to the men. 

"Dean," he says surprised once he turns to his brother who offers him a hand up. "What are you doing here?" he asks confused. 

"What's the last thing you remember?" Dean asks cautiously. 

"I don't know I...," he thinks hard. "I went to Datram and... there was a ghost and... did a girl drown? I think there were two babies and a ship," He's making no sense. "Did someone get married?"  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.7K 32
Do you ever feel like you were born into the wrong world? Because that is exactly how Elodie Penvensie felt. Her twin brother Peter, and the rest of...
367K 12.3K 38
♕ Ranked #1 Book in Narnia, #1 Book in Aslan, and #2 Book in Edmund ♕ "What?" Elizabeth exclaimed to Aslan. "I cannot possibly be the one the prophec...
254K 9.4K 61
❝𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺.❞ ━━━━━━ 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖆 ༻❁ though the world has kept us apart, this tether ...
66.4K 2K 37
"I've heard of this place." "You have?" "My mother used to tell me stories." ----------------------- Charlotte Baker always believed in a fantasy wor...