She belongs with me

By heavenlyxmoon

'I know you want this just as bad as I do,' he mumbles as his fingertips stroke against my cheek, towards my... More

She belongs with me
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
on hold
47
48
49
Epilogue

32

2.7K 100 37
By heavenlyxmoon

{Olivia}

'So you're back together with Liam?' Nora asks me and I shake my head.

'Not officially,' I clarify. 'But I gave him another chance. We're just trying to figure everything out.'

'What about Caleb?' Nora hands me a glass of water. 'I thought you had feelings for him.'

'I did,' I sigh. 'I just... He doesn't even want to see me anymore after I told him about what happened with Liam.'

'Can you blame him?' Nora shakes her head and takes a sip of her water. 'He feels used.'

'I didn't use him,' I mumble.

'Really? It seems like you did.'

'What's that supposed to mean?' Why is everybody judging me for my actions? Sure, it wasn't smart to have sex with Liam, but everybody makes mistakes.

'Liv,' Nora sighs. 'You got feelings for Caleb and that's fine, but I thought you had chosen him. I thought you went to Liam to talk to him, not to have sex with him. It's not fair towards Caleb. I could tell he really liked you and he was trying. But now you're suddenly happy with Liam again? I just don't understand.'

'Fine, then don't,' I say as I get up. 'I thought you were my best friend, but apparently not.'

'Olivia,' Nora begins, but I stop her.

'You were supposed to have my back!' I say. 'But all you've done is judge me.'

'No, I'm saying the truth,' she calmly says. 'Listen, if you're happy with Liam, then I'm happy for you. But what would you have done if Caleb forgave you that night? Would you still be with Liam? I can't keep up with your feelings Olivia. Maybe you should take a break from guys and work on yourself first. You never really processed the accident. Maybe you should start there.'

'You don't understand,' I mumble before I leave the house. I get in my car and sigh deeply. I have processed the accident. I've cried enough about it. Maybe the thing with Caleb needed to happen in order to move forward with Liam.

'Shit,' I mumble as I check my phone. I don't have anywhere to stay anymore. Everyone is mad at me. The only one who isn't is Liam... I decide to send him a text.

[09.34 PM]

Hey, I know this probably isn't a good idea, but I don't have anywhere else to stay...

[09.35 PM]

Of course you can stay with me x

I sigh in relief and start the car.

About ten minutes later I park my car in front of Liams house. Before I even reach the door, Liam opens it.

'Hey, long time no see,' he smiles before he pulls me into a hug.

'Are you sure I can stay here?' I ask him.

'Yeah, of course,' he says. 'I already spoke to my mom about it. She's fine with it.'

'Thank you.' I follow him into the house and take my shoes and jacket off before I'm welcomed by Astrid.

'Olivia!' she smiles, giving me a hug. 'It's so good to see you again. How are you?'

'I'm fine,' I answer. She nods and leads me to the living room.

'Do you want something to drink?' she asks me. 'I can make hot chocolate. I know how much you love that.'

'Yes, thanks,' I say and I give her a short smile before she walks towards the kitchen. Liam sits down next to me on the couch and places his hand on my thigh.

'I thought you were staying with Nora,' he says then.

'I was,' I murmur. 'But then we got into a fight.'

'You and Nora fighting?' Liam laughs. 'That's a new one for me. What happened?'

'She thinks I was just using Caleb,' I mumble. 'But I wasn't, I swear. I told him that as well. I get that Caleb doesn't want to see me anymore, but Nora is my best friend. She should have my back.'

'You'll work it out,' Liam says, stroking a strand of my brown hair out of my face.

'I don't want to interfere in anything,' Astrid says as she comes back from the kitchen with a tray in her hands. 'But what's the deal between you two now? I heard from Liam that you're trying again?'

'Yeah, we are,' I confirm. 'But we aren't official or anything. We're just taking it slow.' Astrid nods and hands me a mug with hot chocolate.

'Will you sleep in the same bed or shall I put another mattress on the ground?' she asks us then. Liam gives me a questioning look.

'Whatever you feel comfortable with,' he says.

'We'll sleep in the same bed,' I tell Astrid. It would be weird to not sleep in the same bed. We've slept together countless of times.

'Oh, Liam, have you already told her the great news?' Astrid asks him.

'What news?' I look at Liam.

'I'm going to school next week,' he tells me. 'Only for half days though.'

'That's great!' I exclaim.

'He will be fully present after the Christmas break,' Astrid explains. 'So he might even be able to get his diploma after all.'

'Liam, that's amazing news!' I tell him. He nods, agreeing with me and smiles.

After we've had a long chat with Astrid, Liam and I decide to head to bed.

'Can I borrow a hoodie?' I ask Liam once we're in his room. 'I don't have any clothes with me.' Liam nods and takes his hoodie off so he can hand it to me. I've always loved to wear his worn clothes. They smell like him. I quickly change into his hoodie and crawl underneath the sheets. Liam pulls his joggers down and sits down on the bed to take it fully off.

'Does it hurt?' I ask him when he frowns.

'I can't really bend yet,' he explains. 'So getting dressed and undressed is a bit of a challenge.' He slowly gets into the bed with me and places the covers on top of him.

'It feels like ages ago since we last spent the night together,' Liam mumbles.

'I know,' I sigh.

'Liv, I need to tell you something,' Liam suddenly says.

'What is it?'

'Amy stopped by today,' Liam tells me and I immediately get a weird feeling.

'Oh,' I say, trying to sound as normal as possible. I don't want to make a big deal out of it.

'Nothing happened,' Liam immediately says when he sees the look on my face. 'She just wanted to know how I was doing.'

'Okay,' I mumble. 'It's fine.' Liam smiles and places a soft kiss on my forehead.

'It feels like forever since we last shared a bed together,' he whispers.

'We did last week,' I say and Liam laughs, shaking his head.

'That was different,' he says. 'I mean sleeping next to each other.'

'I fell asleep a lot of times next to your bed in the hospital though,' I murmur.

'I haven't thanked you yet for being there for me,' Liam says, grabbing my hand. 'I know it must've been hard.'

'You don't have to thank me,' I assure him. 'You were my boyfriend, of course I was there. Besides, you would've done the same thing for me.'

'I love you,' Liam whispers, stroking a piece of hair behind my ear. 'Please, remember that. You're the only one for me.' I want to kiss him, so badly, but I know that's not a good idea right now. If we're taking things slow, we shouldn't kiss or anything like that for at least a couple of days. It's not fair towards Caleb. Even though he thinks I played him, I still care about him. Caleb truly deserved the world and I hate the way I treated him. I know I shouldn't have slept with Liam. I know it wasn't right. Caleb and I weren't together officially, but you can basically call it cheating and I hate myself for letting that happen.

I know I was never going to be able to be worthy of Caleb. He deserves a girl who is willing to give him her whole heart, not just a bit. I really thought I could do it. I actually thought I could get Liam out of my head and be with Caleb, giving him everything that he deserves. And I was able to not think about Liam while I was with Caleb, but everything else reminded me of him. My room, the school, even Nora. We have so many great memories together.

'Hey, that pretty head of yours is gonna explode if you don't stop thinking so much,' Liam laughs.

'Sorry,' I sigh. 'I was just... Nevermind.' I don't want to bore Liam with my shit right now.

'We should get some sleep,' Liam says when he realizes I don't want to talk about it. I love this about him. He never pushes me to tell him something. He knows I'll tell him at my own pace.

Liam rolls on his side so he can face me.

'I have to warn you in advance,' he says. 'I've been dreaming a lot lately and then I start moving in my sleep. So if I accidentally kick you-'

'It's fine,' I assure him. He smiles and gives me one last kiss on my cheek before he closes his eyes and it's not long before I close mine as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 177 18
I want to un dress you, touch you, kiss you, taste you. I want you under me and on top of me, sitting and standing. I want to see your eyes when plea...
444K 24.4K 26
Tiffany is 26, she left L.A. during her husbands work party after secretly signing annulment papers with her attorney earlier in the day, instructing...
292K 9.1K 34
"I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you right now,"he whispered in my ear as he breathed down my neck leaving small kisses here and there. ...
2.9M 79.1K 48
When a downcast, introverted, and unmotivated twenty-eight-year-old hooks up with a stranger at a bar, the last thing she expected was to see him at...