The New Normal

By nekolumina

Rey, determined, accepted Kylo's hand and after five months abroad The Supremacy, has become restless. Everyd... More

Welcome
The Hall
Dinner
Bedtime
Junk
Enough
Summit
Horrid
Knights
Excuse Me
Good
Crate
Small Talk
Wondering
First
Portrait
Shower
Noodles
Pulse
Everything
Diapers
Jedi
Epilogue
Announcement

Routine

791 10 1
By nekolumina

She knew it she had been pacing back and forth for at least twenty minutes; the regime already disregarded her as crazy and this was not helping her case. It had been five months since that lonely scavenger, with big aspirations, had taken the hand of one Kylo Ren. Kylo had promised her a new world, with a clean slate for both, presenting her the galaxy at her feet. At first Rey was reluctant and knew Kylo only wanted to attained power and bring the galaxy to "its rightful state" with murderous violence.

During that moment, after killing Snoke, Rey saw the light in Kylo's eyes, she saw her dear Ben. There was still a glimmer of light in him and only she could turn him back. With her influence, she knew Ben would be back eventually. In the meantime, Rey had taken Kylo's hand and accepted his proposal with the goal of creating only beauty and peace throughout the galaxy only for the sake of the people. Too many lives lost and too many lives might had been lost if the war had not come to a halt after she took her place besides Kylo. It was Rey who influenced Kylo to stop the war for a moment and create a peace summit and talks began to consequently stop the war indefinitely.

Rey had made a brief visit to the resistance only to assure them she was working on changing Kylo's way of thinking and to help in the war anyway she could but also to say goodbye to her beloved friends for the time being. The First Order, at first, did not take to kindly to her as she walked along their supreme leader abroad their ship. After an admiral had died violently by Kylo's hands, after calling Rey a rebel whore, everyone aboard knew to keep their opinions to themselves.

Rey was angry he had killed someone after he had promised to stop murdering but at the same time, she was grateful her soulmate would protect her, aboard the ship of her enemies, no matter what.

"Ma'am," a general had noticed Rey's pacing in front of the steel doors that led to the strategy room, "Will you be joining the meeting?"

Her feet finally stopped, and she nervously shook her head in response. "I was – I was admiring the hallway." Rey gave a nervous chuckle, "Very shiny and pristine, top A maintenance workers you have here. They definitely deserve a raise."

The brown-haired general eyes looked at her over from top to bottom, "Uh, yes, we try to keep everything clean."

"General Huang, has the meeting started?" Another general approach them while she eyed Rey curiously.

"Ah, General Costa, you're just in time. I believe we are still waiting for our supreme leader."

"Would," Rey silently interjected, "would it be alright if I sit in? I won't be part of the meeting and you can all pretend I am not here." Both generals looked at each other and Rey knew they were thinking she wanted to spy on the meeting and report back to her friends. Even with the cease fire and all, she would always be an outsider to them, "I need to talk to Be - I mean the supreme leader about something and I know he has other meetings after this. I don't really know how long this meeting will take but if I could just wait for him inside."

After an awkward silence between the three, General Costa nodded and forced a smile in approval. What else could they do, say no to the supreme leader's girlfriend? As soon as Rey entered the room, everyone went silent. Dirty looks were surely given to her, but she paid no mind as she took her seat at the far end of the table, away from everyone. Rey squirmed nervously in her seat and took a deep breath; she was too nervous and knew Kylo would feel it and that was the last thing she wanted at the moment.

"Excuse me, um, Ms. Rey?" A blonde-haired man, with a grey vest and khaki pants, with a monotone voice asked, "Your order ma'am?"

Confused, Rey looked around and then pointed at herself, "Me?"

"Yes, ma'am. I am taking drink orders. For the meeting?" The man noticed Rey's confused look, "When meetings are long, they send us interns to bring you guys snacks, drinks and anything to make the meetings a little tolerable. The generals usually send me to StarDroid."

"No way, really!" Rey exclaimed a bit too loudly as most of the people in the room glanced her way. "Sorry, I've only been there once with Be – the supreme and I loved it. Is it true they have little desserts on a stick?"

"Ah, yes they do, how many would you like?" Like a child, Rey gleefully made a "5" with her hand. "Anything else, ma'am."

"I've been here five months and only been there once with the supreme, so I would not know. I guess I'll stick to what he ordered for me the last time. It was a blue drink with some ice, sorry I don't know the name."

"Oh, it's called the Blue Drink. I'll make sure to get that large for you"

Rey smiled at him and looked at his badge, "Thank you, um, Randy." Randy shyly nodded at her and as he walked away, Rey retrieved a small data pad, Ben had gifted her, from her pocket. She was not at all interested in the meeting and she really did need to wait for Ben, might as well play some games while the meeting went on. Ben had been excruciatingly busy during the peace talks, that by the time he would return to their shared quarters, Rey had gone to sleep. Mornings were the same as she would wake up alone with only a note on his pillow wishing her a good day and an I love you.

Randy had returned with everyone's orders and Rey was grateful to indulge on some sugar. It seemed as an endless wait before the meeting took place and Rey wondered why everyone bothered to be at the meeting early. "Afraid of a little moody man." Rey thought with a giggle. Sighing, she went back to her game on her small data pad and took a bite of one of her desserts.

After what seemed like an hour, the door lifted open and all in the room stood. Rey remained in her seat as her boyfriend, clad in his signature black outfit with his helmet on, walked in with General Hux in tow. As Hux took his seat, next to the great and powerful supreme leader, everyone in the room sat as well, except for said leader. Kylo looked at the papers in front of him and looked up only to be taken aback by Rey's presence. Rey never bothered to look up as she kept playing her game.

"Rey?"

Rey jumped in her seat a little and glanced up at her dear boyfriend. "Hi." She smiled. "I need to talk to you."

Kylo stared at her for a moment and turned to Hux, "Are you going to just sit there or are you going start?" Hux was confused as he assumed the supreme leader himself would start the meeting. Hux stood from his seat as Kylo sat down. Kylo's attention seemed to be with Hux but, again using their force connection, he spoke only to Rey, "Can it wait? I am a little busy."

"That's why I'm here. I decided to wait for you instead of staying up at night." Ben sighed, which Hux took as a negative remark as to what he was saying and cautiously kept going. "I'm not accusing you of being neglectful, I know you have been busy with the peace summit and the new govern planets. I just want to talk."

"I am doing this all for you, sweetheart, you knew this would be a tiring process. I bet the resistance leader, Poe was it, is also kept busy with these dreadful meetings."

"I know and I thank you for everything you are doing but I miss you." Rey smiled at her boyfriend and he must have sensed it as he turned to look at her.

"I miss you too, sweetheart. I promise all these infuriating deals will be over soon." Kylo turned his attention back to Hux. "Wait for me on the deck, I'll be there soon."

"Oh no, Solo, I finally get to see you and I am not going anywhere until we speak."

"Hmm ... it must be important." Ben chuckled in the force bond, "What is it that has you this determined? Have you discovered a new kind of food and you are dying to tell me?"

"Ben, if I had discovered a new kind of food, I would be eating it as we speak and not be in here with these stuffy, plain people. I mean, does Hux ever shut up and does he go on and on until you tell him to stop. This is extremely boring."

"Is my Rey bored?" Kylo stood from his seat and pointed a finger at Hux, instantaneously shutting him up. Everyone in the room froze and Rey could have sworn he saw Hux's life flashed before his eyes. "General Hux, if you were to do your job right, I would not have bothered to put an end to your useless voice."

Hux scanned the room for help and all eyes looked elsewhere, no one wanted the wrath of the supreme. Meanwhile Rey looked down at her lap, stifling her laugh. "What did he say that was wrong?"

Ben sat back down and kept glaring at Hux. "My focus is on you, I'm not even sure I heard a word he was saying."

"Ben!" Rey laughed, "The poor man. I hope you won't be this mean to our baby."

It took a minute to register but when it did, the ever so powerful, supreme leader, Kylo Ren stood up, almost knocking his chair down. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

Everyone in the room sat in attention, quiet as they could and the only sound that was heard was Rey, "Kriff!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.6K 3.2K 50
*REYLO SMUT/SEX SCENES-MATURE CONTENT* (As of May 5th, 2020 this book has been polished and updated) This will take place right after the events of e...
89.6K 2.3K 26
After being set up whilst on a mission, Rey endures a pain beyond words as she discovers who you really are, which is overwhelming and shocking. You...
24.6K 758 29
Do not read if you don't want spoilers from The Rise of Skywalker! Ending after the defeat of Emperor Palpatine, Rey is hoping to start a new chapter...
227K 6K 25
COMPLETE! Following the events of The Last Jedi, Rey and Kylo Ren continue to be connected through the Force. The new Supreme Leader struggles to bal...