TICKING

By Osassy___

Nosa had her life planned out; Finish school at 23, marry latest 26 and by 30 she is done having children. Sh... More

Introduction
1.
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
Author's Note
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21

15

145 35 25
By Osassy___

Hey guys!!! I'm so sorry this took so long 😩

To make up for the long overdue update, I'll update the next chapter tomorrow evening.

PS: This chapter might be a little bit Rusty as it's been long I wrote 😩 please bear with me 🙏🏾 I love y'all so much. Osassy 💞

I removed the first set of turkey from the mini deep fryer and put in a new set, then I walked to the gas cooker and checked if the jollof I had put on fire was ready.

Almost!

My phone beeped and I picked it up to know who had messaged me, I smiled after reading what was on my screen.

"Efe!" I called from the kitchen. She was in the parlour writing an article for her blog.

"Yeah?!" She answered.

"There's someone at the door, please help me open for them."

"Okay!" She answered with a loud groan. I know how much she hates being interrupted when she is working but this is for her own good.

I rushed out of the kitchen to the parlour to watch the event unfold. I got there immediately she put her hands on the door knob to open it. I wish I could see the shock plastered on her face when she finally opened the door.

"I'm sorry babe" Jamie pleaded the moment she opened the door. He was down on one knee with a bouquet on his hand. "Please, forgive me. I love you, you're my fiancee for crying out loud. Let's talk about this issue and settle it out."

How did this happen? Well, that night after Efe and I read the epistle Jamie had written for her on his Instagram page, I had asked her if she still loves him and her answer was what made me send Jamie a message on Instagram that night. We talked and he explained himself to me again and pleaded with me to help him win his fiancee's heart.  I told him that Efe had been in my place and if he really wanted to win her back, he had to go the extra mile and not just some epistle on Instagram so we planned his surprise visit.

Efe turned to look at me still amazed. "I'm sorry" I mouthed to her. It's obvious she still loves him and I want her to be happy.

"Stand up." She said dryly. Jamie stood up immediately.

She turned and walked inside the house. Jamie and his friend who came with him walked behind Efe. She stopped abruptly and turned to face Jamie. "Don't you ever hurt me again." She told him and immediately he hugged her. Efe has a heart of gold. You can easily win her heart if you press the right buttons and when she loves, she loves genuinely.

"Awwww" I cooed.

Efe sat on one sofa with Jamie while his friend sat on another.

"Erm, Nosa is going to deliver food to her customer very soon. Let me go pack my things so that as she is going we can all go to my apartment." Efe said to Jamie and his friend as she attempts to stand up.

"A-C-T-U-A-L-L-Y" I said slowly. I made the food for our visitors. I told her. "It's almost ready."

"Seriously, Nosa!" Efe called. She was still surprised with everything that had happened in the last few minutes. She couldn't even look at Jamie in the eyes, I'm really happy for her.

After the meal, we spent some time talking then Efe went into the room to pack her things and left with Jamie. The house suddenly felt quiet, I was already used to her presence and I missed her already.

*****

I checked myself on the mirror once again, "good to go." I mouthed. Yimika and I are going to the amusement park. I made sure to wear something smart; an orange polo on a boyfriend jean with a white sneakers to bounce. After my approval at the mirror, I picked up my white chain bag and headed for the door. 

"Hey, sorry I'm late." I told him as I walked out of the gate.

"No problem." He replied smiling. "You are beautiful, no cap."

"Thanks" I answered with a smile.

We had so much fun at the park. We used the swing, took a boat ride and even a merry go round. After exploring the park and taking part in activities we decided to eat dinner at the Italian restaurant located at the park. 

Yimika drew out a chair for me to sit and I thanked him. Then he went round the table to take his sit. I saw Omotola and her fiance walked into the restaurant and I turned my face to act as if I didn't see them. I don't know if her fiance knows about the fall out we had and I wasn't ready to start faking pleasantries.

"Nosa." Jerome called. Him and Omotola walked to the table we were seated.

Just what I was avoiding. "Oh hi Jerome" I smiled. "Omotola." I nodded.

"Longest time Nosa." Omotola said with a smile.

"What can I say? It has been a while indeed." I replied with a sly smile.

"I really missed you. Let's hang out next week. I'll call you for details."

"It's okay. Call me." I laughed. If she hadn't met me here, she wouldn't have asked to hang out.  Yimika cleared his throat to signify that he was still around. "Sorry dear" I apologized to him. "Jerome, Omotola, meet my friend Yimika."

"Nice to meet you." Jerome said with a firm handshake.

"Hello." Omotola greeted with a smile.

"Thanks. You can join us in our table." He offered.

Is he serious? Wasn't he supposed to ask me if it was ok for them to join us?

"Oh no." Jerome said quickly.

"We don't want to intrude." Omotola added.

"No one is intruding. Common, join us." I told them. "You said you missed me and you're refusing to sit with me." I said with a smile.

"Babe?" Omotola looked at Jerome with an expression that showed that she was asking if it's ok.

"It's cool." They took the other two chairs on our table.

After placing our orders, Omotola asked me to join her to the ladies room.

"Nosa" she called my name the moment we entered.

"Yeah?" I answered not minding the soft tone she used to call my name. I put my purse down and brought out my powder to dab my oily face.

"I didn't mean for things to happen this way. It was just a normal conversation about the pressures of getting married quick and I brought up your experience. I never knew that Ada would use it against you and in the way she did."

I continued to apply the powder on my face without looking at her.  Hit the nail on the head and stop giving me excuses, I thought to myself.

"I'm sorry. Only God knows how bad I would have reacted if I was the one in your position. I miss you, I really do. You're standing so close to me right now but you're so distant."

I closed the powder and put it with the dab inside my purse and faced her.

"I understand you, but if you had explained these things to me initially, we wouldn't have gotten to this point. You let this issue linger on and made me believe that you Intentionally talked about me to Ada." I scoffed. "I kept on hearing how sorry you were from other people but you never even tried for once to reach out. I missed you too Honey, but sorry is not going to fix this."

"Nosa" she called my name softly again and a tear drop escaped from her eyes. "You know how I am. I don't like talking about issues in the heat of the moment. I always want things to calm down first. I'm sorry."

"Well, maybe we can work things out. How about the hangout you talked about next week?" I asked her with a raised brow.

"Yes! Yes!!" She quickly pulled me in for a hug. When we pulled apart I brought out the powder from my purse  and gave it to her to powder her face and cover the tear lines.

When we got back to the table, our orders where already placed on the table.

"About time!" Jerome said.

"Sorry guys" I pleaded with them.

"Let's eat." Yimika said and we all dived into the food.

Sooooooooo!!!!

What do you guys think about this chapter??

Was Nosa being too hard on Omotola?

What do you think about Yimika?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 158 18
She was alluring, competent, hardworking and... 'A believer of True Love...' What will happen, when a handsome billionaire, equally dexterous and har...
86 1 18
(⁠。⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠。⁠) (⁠。⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠。⁠) (⁠。⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠。⁠) (⁠。⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠。⁠) _________________________________________ "Because I am a mess. A horrific mess. No one w...
30.8K 815 33
She has worked hard for years and recently graduated. Now that she has a job, all but one of her dreams had come true. With her strict parents, will...
15.5K 916 30
Ten years in a relationship and two kids. Marriage comes with a requirement. Matt won't marry her until she loses weight. Will she accomplish it?