AURORA

By peacybeau

I was always the odd one out, from my appearance to the bad luck always surrounding me and I never did compla... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
Not Happy
56
57
58
59

37

13.7K 504 71
By peacybeau

Liam was pacing in my room and running a hand through his hair, I could feel that his wolf is also restless. Looking up at him I glared but he rolled his eyes and resumed his pacing.

I sat placed my hands on my lap and tilted my head watching him. "You know if you keep pacing you're gonna wear a hole in my room".

With a huff he sat on my chair "am very pissed Aurora" I rolled my eyes "and why exactly are you pissed?".

"Because of what happened. You could have been hurt or worse killed, I still don't even know why Rex jumped into the fight. And Maxwell even restrained me. The fight was totally unfair" he grumbled in a breath.

Did this dude even see us fight. I muttered.

Cora chuckled. Am pretty sure he did. He's wolf is pissed but not for the reasons he gave.

Folding my hands across my chest I glared at him "you didn't even congratulate me for winning and here you are grumbling like a kid who didn't get dessert". Standing I walked to him and plopped on his lap "now tell me, why exactly are you mad?".

"An sorry, it's just that am pissed and Xavier is pissed. You were really good out there. Am still surprised with the fight but I can't help but worry. And Maxwell, that piece of shit stood by and let you fight an alpha".

I rolled my eyes "but my opponent and alpha are in the hospital. So what seems to be the problem?" I asked confused.

He trailed a hand down my face "Alpha and Luna Stevens are going to hate your guts. Theo's girlfriend is going to hate you more. But Maxwell..." I tilted my head "what about Maxwell".

"Maxwell wants you to join the warriors".

So that's why he's so mad. Damn am mad too. Cora growled

Playing ignorant I frowned "is it a bad thing". Rex glared at me "don't, please don't even think about joining. Somethings are not as they seem"

Yeah we know that, Cora muttered.

Speaking of that, we haven't gone through the file. I grumbled.

Well we need to soon. The ID ceremony will be next week.

"Okay then, besides I had no intention of joining. Fighting is not my thing"

Liam stared at me "yeah it isn't and you nearly killed two werewolves. How did you do that, you didn't even undergo serious and intense training"

I shrugged "guess I was really pissed that they would change my favorite trainer plus the chess match helped".

Liam kept staring at me like he was trying to figure something out. From he's emotions I could perceive he has some doubts.

In order not to lie to him I stood up yawning widely and stretching my body, Liam stood as well with a frown "am going to leave you so you can rest"

I nodded with a smile, "yeah I need it, my body aches"  walking him to the door he gave me a short kiss "goodnight mate".

"Night mate" I giggled.

The moment I shut my door the smile vanished from my face. Sitting on my chair I powered up my laptop

Let's get to work on that file.

~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at the lake before me trying to calm my rage and it was proving to be difficult. After a while the red hue around me faded and my vision began to clear a bit.

I was pissed furious angry, just name it all.

This pack is a joke. How can the Alphas be so cruel.

I don't know Cora but we need to act fast.

What's the first step? Cora asked.

Groaning I shook my head, I don't know girl but I do know we need to think with a clear head.

I ran a hand through my hair in fustration everything about this pack is a lie. The merging, the ID tattoo, the Alphas, the warriors. Every fucking thing is a lie.

The files I had memorized in the Alphas office not only gave information on the tracker but also on the plans of the Alphas and Maxwell.

Plans that involves turning half the entire pack members to assassins in order to wage a  against a large rouge pack. And defeating this rouge pack would make the pack unstoppable and a power to reckon with especially with the leader at their side.

The third file contained information about a certain person born on the beginning of the century, this supposed person is a true alpha born with great powers and they need the person to lead the war against the pack of rouge werewolves.

The supposed person is me. And if they had succeeded in capturing me back at Tennessee, they would have turned me into a puppet and used me as a killing machine.

The file made me understand what the two packs want and the reason for the merging.

Power. They wanted it to the fullest and at all cost, going as far as turning their own pack members into assassins and emotionless individuals.

And we. They want us to be the chief puppet, they want to turn us into a killing machine. They won't. Cora growled.

The thought was enough to send a huge wave of anger through my body. I stood and began taking of my clothes, shifting I let Cora free.

We masked our personal scent and allowed our power take control. Our vision purely red, a large red hue surrounding us like a halo and blending with our flame colored fur, the combination giving a bright blood red coloured wolf. With this color no one would even know it was us.

In our full glory Cora was bigger than her normal size, our senses were more heightened and our venom more deadly.

They want a killer and someone people would fear. Let's give it to them. Cora growled

We took off and headed towards the pack house.

The first guard to see us didn't even have the time to mind link anyone before I jumped on him taking his head off.

The second one was lucky to mind link but I ensured to make his death quick by taking his head off.

The next guard I encountered was halfway through his shift, I pounced on him and releaseed the venom in him. The effect was quick as his shift stopped and he was jerking on the ground.

Soon guards were trooping out but I had a target and I headed straight to him. The first assassin am facing after the disaster in my home.

With quick reflex I lunged at him and pulled him back biting on his neck and holding down, preventing his shifting. The moment he stopped trashing I bit his head off and stopped on his body with my paws.

The next was also an assassin who had shifted, the moment he came at me I took a huge step back and he landed losing his balance. Not giving him time to recover I jumped on him, the force at which I landed on my paws was so hard his face was smashed in. Without waiting for him to shift back to human I bit his wolf head off.

I heard a shot go off and a sting on my side. Looking at it I headed with speed to the culprit biting her head off.

Ignoring the guards I jumped over tress and people and headed to the pack house where the Alphas and Maxwell stood. There were people around and some who had shifted.

I stopped, giving a large distance between the Alphas and I. Alpha Miguel raised his hand and signalled them to drop their weapons.

Standing before them I scanned the crowd. Fear, apprehension and tension was thick in the air.

Still scanning the crowd I spotted Liam and my friends, I may not be in full control but my wolf knew those who were close to me.

So fast they didn't see me I lunged forward and dragged the nearest wolf close to me. Holding on his neck I applied pressure making him shift back to human.

Some tried to come close but I growled and they stepped back.

Sniffing I knew who I held in my paws. Damien.

My mother cried and thrashed in her husband's arms. While Nathan held Lisa back.

Reducing the pressure on his neck a bit I looked straight at the Alphas and Maxwell and pushed an unconscious Damien towards them.

With my gaze still on them I let out a powerful howl. The howl was filled with anger and they knew it. They all cowered back and kneeled.

Everyone of them kneeled and bowed in submission.

With one last glance at the pathetic pack I turned and left, running with full force. I stopped suddenly and turned, the person following me didn't have a chance to defend himself when I smashed my paws on his head killing him instantly.

Turning I growled one last time and took off.

The moment I got to the border I scanned the area before shifting, then strolled to the creek taking my time to calm myself and wear my clothes. Still leaving my scent unmasked I took another route and went to the pack house ensuring to avoid the cameras.

When I got to the training grounds I blended with the people around and unmasked my scent. Looking round I spotted my friends and ran to them.

Mary spotted me first and tackled me, hugging me tight and crying "where were you, we couldn't find you".

Patting her I pulled back "the painkillers knocked me out that was why I came out late. I still feel groggy though". The others came around and we sat on the grass.

"You're shaking, you need to go back inside but we have to wait a while" Neil said with a frown.

Knowing the shaking was attributed to my rage I shook my head "just a bit chilly and tired but why can't we go in now".

"The Alphas are trying to be sure that everyone is accounted for" Kate added. We sat in silence, my anger calming completely.

"Who do you think was the wolf?" Mary asked after a while. I turned to her "I didn't get to see it. What was it like".

"It was one hell of a wolf and was red, really red like the colour of blood and it was big. It had this halo around it. From far you can tell it's a powerful wolf. For crying out loud everyone bowed and submitted the moment it howled out. Even the Alphas and Lunas". Neil said in a breath.

"It was really terrifying" Mary added.

I rubbed my arms "yeah it was and I think it's the same wolf that growled out the other night".

Dave nodded "I knew the howl was familiar. It's the same wolf. I think the guy was pissed but I wonder who pissed him and why he's here"

Did I hear Dave say him. Cora piqued.

Yep they think it's a dude. I frowned.

Looking confused I turned to Dave "how did you know it was a guy? I couldn't get any scent".

"That's true, it didn't have any scent on it, that's creepy and scary" Kate grumbled.

You haven't seen anything girly. Wait till you know what we can do. Cora snorted.

Dave rolled his eyes "duh, the wolf was big and the way it moved was precise. Plus it didn't give any scent of being female so it's definitely a male. No girl could pull that off".

We all sat in silence again. Each to their own thoughts.

Now am offended, why does he think a girl can't do that. Cora grumbled. Just cause we're girls and we have boobs. For crying out loud that's sexiest.

No Cora, I have boobs not you. I chuckled.

She rolled her eyes. Yeah whatever but am insulted.

Don't be, it's a good thing actually, at least they think it's a guy, so we with the boobs are not suspects.

Cora grumbled before smirking. So you agree that I have boobs too.

Cora.

What, at least Xavier's gonna get some milk. Liam shouldn't get all the love should he.

CORA WHAT THE HELL

She chuckled. You good right? I didn't go overboard with the whole shift.

Nope. Am good. We're good. But they're all scared. You need to rest.

And you too.

With that she withdrew.

I wanted to mind link Liam but I knew he would be busy so I left it.

After an hour of laying on the grass doing nothing we were finally allowed to go in. The Alphas cancelled school and said there would be a meeting by 7pm.

Well all trooped inside, said our goodnight and headed to our rooms.

When I got inside I took a long bath. Checking my side where I was shot I noticed that it was completely healed and showed no scar.

Looking at my phone the time showed 3am.

My muscles were protesting and I was more than tired. The spar with Theo and Rex took some strength but then this stunt I pulled was enough to make me truly drained, especially since I used my powers.

Laying on the bed I grabbed the picture on the nightstand "am getting there guys. Am getting closer to our goal".

Kissing the picture I closed my eyes, focused on my favorite lullaby and feel into a tired sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 290 37
Warning: Violence, swearing, abuse, and other sensitive topics - Read at your own discretion --------------- Fate can be cruel. Especially when an...
316K 10.8K 30
Nova Moore always does the right thing. She's always made the grade and she's finally reaping the benefits. Until she wanders to where she probably s...
2.3M 62.8K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
2.3M 55.6K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...