After summer

By Thatgirlphoebe

"What do you want from me Cole? Its been a year, whatever we had was just a fling, it shouldn't matter to you... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Authors note

Chapter 6

350 4 4
By Thatgirlphoebe

Lily's POV

It was Wednesday.

I woke up to find a pair of hands wrapped around my waist. I looked at the person and it was seb. The events of yesterday night came to my mind and I blushed.

If I don't get ready now, I'll be late for class. I gently removed his hand from my body and stood up. I made my way to the bathroom and took a quick shower.

When I got back to the room, Seb was already awake. He smiled at me. " Morning babe. "

I smiled back. " Morning. " I was tying a towel so he was looking at me with a heated gaze.

"Stop looking at me like that. " I blushed.

"Like what? " he raised an eyebrow.

"Like you wanna eat me or something." I said, blow drying my hair.

"Well that's an offer I can't resist. " he said smirking.

I blushed even more. "No. " I said and walked to my closet.

I put on a black boyfriends jeans and a white plain T-shirt. I put my hair into a low bun and put on my white Nike kicks.

Like you all already know, make up isn't my thing so I put strawberry lip gloss on my lips.

"Aren't you going for class? " I asked him because he was still lying comfortably on my bed.

"My class isn't till later today. " he answered.

"Then I'll ride with Tasha. " I said and he nodded his head. "No, I'll still take you. "

"Then get your ass ready already. I don't wanna be late. " I put my hand on my hip.

He got up and went straight to my bathroom. I took my bag from the bed and went out of the room.

I could smell pancakes. Chef Tasha is at it again. I made my way to the kitchen.

"Yo bestie. " I said, sitting myself down on one of the chairs.

"Had fun with Seb? " she asked wiggling her eyebrows and I blushed in embarrassment.

"Its not what you think. "

She shot me a look. "Y'all didn't get freaky in the sheets. "

I laughed. "Well no, at least not that way and I wouldn't be explaining the details. "

She handed me a plate of delicious pancakes. " like I want to know. " she rolled her eyes.

I was eating my pancakes when Seb came over to me and kissed my cheek before seating beside me. I'm starting to get used to this me and Seb thing.

"Lover boy. " Tasha said in an unpleased tone. She still hates his guts.

He rolled his eyes. "Tasha. " he acknowledged.

She still served him some pancakes, she does have a soft spot for him anyway.

We all ate and I did the dishes. I needed to get to school now.

"Tasha, are you coming with us? "

She shook her head. "Nah. You guys get going. " she said. I blew her a kiss and she stuck her tongue out. Seb held my hands in his and we went out to his car.

He opened the door for me and I got in. He went over to his side and got in as well.

I turned on the radio and he drove. We didn't talk much except when I asked him something and he replied, apart from that it was eerily silent.

We got to school and he got down and helped me get down as well. Always the gentleman.

My first class was literature and he was escorting me to the department building. On my way there, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry. " I muttered.

"Watch where you're going. " the person said and he sounded so familiar. Very familiar.

"Didn't you see us coming? " Seb asked the guy.

I looked up at him and my body froze. My eyes landed on the one person I thought I'll never see again. Cole.

He was standing in front of me and I couldn't believe my eyes. I blinked my eyes a couple of times to see if he'll disappear, but he didn't he was standing there, staring holes into my body. His eyes landed on me and Seb's entwined hands and his eyes darkened.

What was he doing here? Did he come looking for me? Why can't I talk or move? They both seem to be saying something but I can't make out their words. Its all muffled to my ears, Cole was here. The guy I once loved was standing in front of me.

If this is a dream please God wake me up.

"Lily! " Seb called out and tugged at my arm. "What's wrong? " he asked, concern laced in his tone.

My eyes were focused on Cole and he was looking at me. I could see pain and hurt in his features before his blue eyes turned cold. I couldn't read him, he was staring at me blankly.

Remembering the question Seb asked me. "Nothing babe. Let's get going. " Cole raised an eyebrow when I said babe but quickly went back to putting on a poker face.

Seb pulled me with him towards the building. For a second I thought I couldn't walk anymore. I turned back to look at him and he was staring at me. If looks could kill, I'll be dead by now.

I looked away and continued letting Seb take me to my destination. We stopped in front of the department building.

"What was that about? " he questioned. He noticed.

"What was what about? " I asked back, faking ignorance.

"The stare contest with that guy. Do you know him? "

"No. " I lied. Why did I lie? I seem to be lying a lot now.

He didn't look like he believed me but he didn't say anything. I hugged him quick and pulled away.

"I'll see you later. " I said to him and made my way to class.

I got to class and the lectures started. I wasn't paying attention at all. The only thing on my mind was that blue eyed guy who all of a sudden is at CAL U.

*****

After hours of learning, I was finally done for the day and I was very moody. Ever since that small encounter with Cole, I haven't been able to get him out of my mind.

I waited for Tasha outside her department building because she texted me to wait for her here.

When she came out, I didn't say a word to her, I just walked to her car and got in. She did the same, not asking questions.

My mind was full of questions. Questions I didn't have the answer too. I just hope I don't see him again.

We got home and I lazily removed my shoes and sat down on the couch.

"Okay okay, I don't know what the hell is going on but I don't like it. " Tasha spoke up. " You've never been this silent before, so what's wrong. "

"He's here. " was the only thing I said.

"Who? "

"Cole. " I said and her eyes went wide with shock.

"Cole? How? "

"I don't know Tash. me and Seb ran into him when I was going to class and not I can't get him out of head. " I buried my face in my palms.

"Did you tell Seb who he was? "

"No, I told him I didn't know him. "

"This is the first time I have nothing to say. " she sighed.

Why was he here? Why did he show up now? Just when I was trying to move on from him completely he shows up.

"Do you think he came for you? " she asked. Did he? Why? Its not like I meant anything to him.

"That can't be possible. He doesn't know I'm here. "

"You know you can't ignore him forever Lils. You'll have to face him. "

I sighed deeply. " I know. "

This is shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 10.2K 8
True love will always find its way back. We all have that one guy we don't like, or we probably hate, even though we know that he's attractive and ch...
662K 19.3K 42
"Xavier, are you out of your mind? You can't hit anyone you want." I tried to pull him away from the guy. With his temper, he might send him to the h...
71.8K 1.6K 24
"When did I become your girl?" I asked after staring out at the fair for a whole minute while the Ferris wheel slowly took us to the top. I turned to...
1.3M 32.5K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...