How to Tame a Demon [BxB]

By mek_14

[Book 1 of the: Roundtable Rebirth Series] All 15-year-old Hunter wanted was a friend, so when his parents an... More

Welcome!
DISCLAIMER
Official Playlist!
Ch. 1 - Hunter
Ch. 2 - Zekaj
BCH. 1 - Zekaj's First Day of School
Ch. 3 - Snowballs and School
Ch. 4 - Bonding
Ch. 5 - Anchor
Ch. 6 - Enraged
Ch. 7 - Possession
Ch. 8 - Pulled Forward
Ch. 9 - AJ
Ch. 10 - Demons
Ch. 12 - Admitting and Awkwardness
Ch. 13 - The Pack Killer
Ch. 14 - Speedos and Sunscreen
Ch. 15 - Rainy Day
Ch. 16 - Cowardly Actions
Ch. 17 - Birthdays Suck
Ch. 18 - Warmth
Ch. 19 - Morning After
Ch. 20 - A Little Lie
Ch. 21 - Pec Pillows
Ch. 22 - Calm
Ch. 23 - 1
Ch. 24 - A Demon and a Tight Space
Ch. 25 - Study Sesh
Ch. 26 - Voidbornes
BCH. 2 - Zekaj, Before the Summon
Ch. 27 - Soul Searching
Ch. 28 - How to Clean your Demon
Ch. 29 - Jealous Wolf
BCH. 3 - Zekaj's and the Holidays
Ch. 30 - Death Traps
Ch. 31 - Oblivious Demon
Ch. 32 - What a Demon Wants
Ch. 33 - Morning After (Reprise)
Ch. 34 - 4 is Enough
BCH. 4 - Zekaj and Zekai
Ch. 35 - Accidents Happen
Ch. 36 - IYKYK
Ch. 37 - Bad Feelings
Ch. 38 - Battle For Your Life
Ch. 39 - Cold
Ch. 40 - Straight to Voicemail
Ch. 41 - Jaxon
Ch. 42 - Snow and Sorries
Ch. 43 - Emrys
Ch. 44 - Live Like a Shadow
Ch. 45 - Study Sesh (Reprise)
Ch. 46 - Photograph
Ch. 47 - Greyrith, Wisconsin
Ch. 48 - Amet
Ch. 49 - Halls now Empty
Ch. 50 - PTSD
Ch. 51 - Page 1
Ch. 52 - The Rest of the Book
Ch. 53 - Spill
Ch. 54 - Fuck the Consequences
Ch. 55 - Frostbite
Ch. 56 - Rebond
Ch. 57 - Lets Talk
Ch. 58 - Brothers
Ch. 59 - Beards are Hot, Y'all are Just Lame
Ch. 60 - Meet the Inlaws
Ch. 61 - Uncomplicating Things
Ch. 62 - Up to Date
Ch. 63 - Aegon
Ch. 64 - Professor Zekai
Ch. 65 - Contracts
Ch. 66 - What a Demon Needs
Ch. 67 - Out in the Open
Ch. 68 - Demons Just Want to Have Fun
Ch. 69 - Volveth
Ch. 70 - Polaroids and Pectorals
Ch. 71 - Return to Earth
Ch. 72 - Previously On
Ch. 73 - Put It On His Tab
Ch. 74 - Tour Guide from Hell
Ch. 75 - Highspeed Hugs
Ch. 76 - Uncomplicating Things (Reprise)
Ch. 77 - Answers in Blood
Inksgiving 2021
Ch. 78 - Rebirth
Ch. 79 - Roundtable
Ch. 80 - The Sword in the Stone
Ch. 81 - Out of the Woods
Epilogue
BCH#5 - End of the Year
BCH#6 - Zekaj Learns How to Drive
Book 2 Reveal
BOOK 2 OUT NOW

Ch. 11 - Return to the Void

15.3K 790 326
By mek_14

The Edge of Hell, Closest point to the Void

The Castle on the cliff face overlooking the void was a beacon in the darkened skies. The gold flames that lit up the castle illuminated it in the endless nothingness. The cliff itself looked like it was part of the void due to the blackstone it was made out of. The bottom of the cliffs had pieces broken off that were just endlessly floating in the void.

The city on the skirts of the castle was nothing too grand, with every house being as dark as the castle itself, with only gold hellfire illuminating them, as well as the streetlamps, which were filled with the same gold flame as well.

The halls of the castle were illuminated with the golden flames, the walls made out of polished blackstone and with accents of greyer stones and blood red curtains, that appeared black to the casual eye.

A Room that was obviously home to someone with a fascination in killing, was in one of the towers of the castles. Various weapons of all kinds laid all around the room. The room had been obviously cleaned multiple times, but hadn't been lived in for a while.

In the middle of the room, a shadow began to form taking the shape of Zekaj. He glanced around the room quickly, it had been two years since he had stepped foot in this room.

With a flick of his fingers, the torches in his room illuminated and he could examine the room more.

"Great she's not here anymore." Zekaj had begun the process of leaving when the door to his room slammed open.

"ZEKAJ!" The deep voice screamed. Zekaj stopped the process and looked over towards the voice.

"Kai!" He smiled. He ran over to his brother, Zekai, and wrapped him in a bear hug. "It's been too long!"

Zekai looked a lot like Zekaj. The main differences were his lighter grey skin, taller body but slimmer in terms of muscle. He was still bigger than a Human, but not bigger than Zekaj. Other than that, their faces were nearly identical.

"You're crushing me dude."

"Oh, sorry." Zekaj laughed.

Zekai's face instantly turned to one of anger, he pushed Zekaj's shoulder. "Where the hell have you been? We've been worried sick!"

"I've just been on Earth." Zekaj said.

"That explains the outfit," Zekai said. Zekaj was currently wearing a skin tight t-shirt he liked due to the fact that it made his muscles look nice and a pair black jeans. He loved showing off. "But what were you doing on ear-" Just then they were interrupted again as Zekaj's bedroom door was opened again.

In the doorway stood his parents, his mom excited to see him, his dad not so much.

"Zekaj!" His mom screamed at the same time his dad screamed.

"Where the hell have you been?"

Zekaj's parents were both void demons. His father, Aegon, and mother, Caroline were soulmates. His mother's skin was as grey as Zekai's while Zekaj's was more like his father. His mother was around 8 inches shorter than Zekaj and slim. Him and his father met at the same height, making Zekai the tallest in the family. His father was incredibly well built like Zekaj.

Zekaj didn't know who to answer first, his father ended up choosing for him.

"Almost two years of no contact, nothing, not a single note, didn't pop in for a chat! We couldn't even summon you back home!"

"It's a," He paused, should he tell them about Hunter? "Long story."

"Well you will be able to tell it to us over dinner then." His mother said in a hug.

"I really need to get back to H-" Zekaj started, but was once again interrupted.

"Nonsense, you've been gone for two years. You can stay around to have dinner with us." His father stated. In this household, his father's word was final. Typically though there were no fights amongst them, except for when Zekaj and Zekai were kids.

They all left his room for the main dining hall which was decorated the same as most of the castle, dark. Zekaj couldn't help but think about Hunter the whole time and hoped he wasn't worried.

Dinner was served in the grand dining room. The windows overlooked the endless nothingness and some parts of the town that was on the edge. At the front of the table sat his dad, with his soulmate to his right, Zekai and Zekaj sat next to each other on the other side of the table. Behind his father on the wall, above an active fireplace, was a family portrait from when the kids could've been no older than 14 or 15.

After everyone ate for a bit, which took around 2 hours due to the amount of courses they had, his mother started up the conversation again.

"So what have you been doing for the past two years."

"Just hanging around Earth." Zekaj said.

"How? Were you summoned? Did you find a portal?" Zekai asked.

No portals to hell were known and it's always been widely agreed upon that portals to earth from Hell and the other way around didn't exist. If one had happened to be found, it would cause wars the second it was public knowledge. Every demon would want to use it to their advantage. If a demon was able to get on earth without the binding of a contract, they would be able to do anything they wanted.

Demons slipping through the veil on halloween was different since their connection to the earth wasn't as strong as it would be through a normal portal. If a demon got through with a portal, their connection would be just as strong as a human and a banishment spell wouldn't work at all.

"No god no, I was summoned alright. His name is Hunter."

"And who is this, Hunter." His father asked.

"He summoned me two years ago while I was, uh," Zekaj stopped. "Busy. I was angry at first until I realized it was only a kid, he was only 15 at the time. His birthday was a week later though, September 13th. He summoned me to be friends and I thought, why not? Ya know?"

"And that's all you are, friends? Zekai smirked.

"Yeah, what do you mean?" Zekaj asked, confused. Zekai just shrugged him off.

"So what have you been doing for the past two years then son." His father asked.

"Well uh, just hanging out I guess?"

"Hanging out?" His father asked.

"Yeah, like he taught me how to play Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, snowball fights." Zekaj listed.

"So the one of the most feared demons in hell has been crossing animals?" His father questioned.

"Well that's not exac-" Zekaj sighed. "Basically, yeah." There was no point in explaining to his father what Animal Crossing was.

"Well I'm happy you're doing something that's not as dangerous as being summoned." His father said. Zekaj's parents hated that he was constantly going out being summoned. It was just as dangerous as summoning a demon was for a human as it was for a demon to answer a summon. Answering summons was ok if you did it sparingly, but Zekaj answered most.

"Yeah, it was weird at first but I like being up there, I like being with him." Zekaj smiled.

"But do his parents know?" His mom asked. "I doubt his parents would let a demon just wander around with their son."

"No?" Zekaj stated as a question. He topped it off with an awkward laugh.

"This just gets better and better." Zekai said.

"So," His father pinched the bridge of his nose "You've been hiding all this time?"

"Yeah?" Zekaj said.

"You're going to get caught one of these days, you do know that right?"

"We haven't been caught yet though! There's only been like a few close calls."

"Close calls?" His mom asked.

"Yeah like halloween last year we almost got separated because they forced all the demons that slipped through the veil and it almost got me because i was so close."

"My god." Zekai said.

"Then the other time was when these guys knocked Hunter out cause they were assholes, and I freaked out and anger filled me and I almost killed them in my enraged form. They're fine now, maybe traumatized a little still, but we're safe so it's all good." Zekaj smiled cheerily.

"You guys are definitely gonna get caught." Zekai said

Zekaj just glared at him. "We'll be fine, if we've lasted this long we can last," He stopped.

"Last how long Kaj?" Zekai questioned, smiling. "A couple more weeks, months, years, or maybe, his whole life?"

"I don't know all right! I'm not leaving Hunter, I've been here too long already god dammit. I'm leaving." Zekaj slammed his fist on the table and got up to leave. He was just going to grab some of his own clothes from his room and leave.

He was halfway back to his room when Zekai ran up to him.

"Let's talk a bit alright? My room?" Zekai asked.

"But Hu-"

"He'll understand alright? It's important."

"Fine." He mumbled angrily.

Zekai's room was near Zekaj's but the two couldn't be anymore different. Zekaj's room was filled with weapons while Zekai's was filled with books. Other than that the architecture was the same as well as the grayscale colors.

"Ok what." Zekaj said as they stepped in.

"Sit."

Zekaj growled angrily as he sat on the edge of the bed. "What." He asked.

"You like him don't you."

"Who?" Zekaj asked.

"Hunter."

"Well yeah? He's my best friend." Zekaj was confused.

"Like, "Like Like" him." Zekai said, even doing the quotation marks with his fingers.

"What? That's crazy I don't love Hunter. He's a guy too. I like women!" Zekaj exclaimed. He was shocked Zekai even thought that.

"Oh so you're saying he's available. Do you think I'm his type?" Zekai smirked.

Zekaj lunged for Zekai and grabbed him by the cloth strung across his neck.

"You touch him I will kill you." Zekaj flammed. His anger soared and his enraged form was close to coming out.

"You just proved my point. You're jealous of the idea of me liking Hunter." Zekai inferred.

Zekaj stared at him in shock. There was no way he was in love with Hunter, he only acted like that because Hunter was his friend!

Zekaj didn't answer him and threw him on the ground and stormed out of the room. He stomped to his room and grabbed what he needed and left.

Just as he was scared of, Hunter was asleep by the time he got back. He was laying on his side with his hand dangling off the side of the bed. His hair was already a mess too.

Zekaj couldn't look away from his hand dangling off the bed.

"What would it feel like to hold it?" He thought. "Oh god where did that come from?"

"It's alright it's not like I was thinking about kissing him." He said as he looked at his lips. "But what would it feel like?"

Zekaj was getting annoyed, these thoughts kept flooding him as he watched Hunter sleep from his chair. He knew deep down that he'd like to be holding him right now in his sleep, keeping him protected.

Out of his control, his hand slowly moved towards Hunter's. His fingertips brushed Hunter's hand until he slowly grabbed a hold of it.

Emotions he tried to bottle down flooded through him. Ones he has experienced around Hunter that past 2 years but he pushed down. He knew he was too deep now, there was no pushing these feelings down.

He let go of Hunter's hand.

Zekaj left for Hell again. He walked down the hall towards Zekai's room and knocked.

He heard a come in from Zekai and walked inside, closing the door.

"I love him. I'm in love with Hunter."

Surprise!

Welcome to Hell. Today we met Aegon (Zekaj and Zekai's Father), Caroline (Their mother), and Zekai the Brother of Zekaj mentioned in a previous chapter.

I know this story doesn't have the typical demons, but I wanted to do something different than what everyone always does.

Zekaj admitted that he's in love with Hunter too. Surprising right? But how is this going to work? It's not like a demon and a human could be mated together. It's not possible.

Or is it?

<3

Vote, Comment, Share.

-MEK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 10.8K 38
Incent, a young hunter, is thrown into a dark and terrible job by his King. He is asked to assassinate a Prince from a neighbouring Kingdom. Knowing...
84.7K 4.7K 44
In New York City, Samuel Harris is living a normal life. He's at university with his friends who often tell him he's too uptight. However he's happy...
5.1K 301 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
439K 28K 51
The battle is won, but the war is far from over. With his new powers on the loose, Oliver must find balance between good and evil - before the world...